Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

Ability: d3adbydayl1ght (IDC what anyone says, we need more -ize/-ate abilities rn)
please don't vote yourself as first. rules state that self-votes can only be in second or third.

Move: Immunity Burst, Sunburn, Dust Devil
Ability: Narcolepsy, Crystallize, Mythic Swordsman
Item: Ouryu Brace, Magma Rock (SV), Liberation Orb

Last edited:
alright, voting's done! here are our winners! (i changed d3adbydayl1ght and anaconja's SV votes that were in first to second)

Dust Devil by Rasdanation for the move slate!
Move Name: Dust Devil
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 65
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Accuracy: 100%
Effect(s): If Sandstorm is active, this move hits twice. Each hit has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Attack Stat by one stage.
Effect Chance: 10%
Attributes: Same as Hurricane
Reasoning: It always kinda felt weird that all of the weathers had a move that interacted with it (Sun has the Solar Attacks, Rain has Hurricane & Thunder, Hail has Blizzard), so I wanted to make a move that interacted with Sandstorm, and thus has synergy with Sand Stream. Had the idea of making it a multi-hit only when under sand, as it felt like a unique utilization of Weather-reliant mechanics. To boot, for each hit there is a 10% chance to drop the target's special attack stat by one stage, pairing well with rock's boosted special bulk under sand.
Crystallize by d3adbydayl1ght for the ability slate!
Ability Name: Crystallize
Description: This Pokémon's Normal-type moves become Rock-type and have x1.3 power.
Reasoning: game freak we need more -ize/-ate plz
Molten Rock by me for the item slate!
Signature item
Item name:
Molten Rock
Effect: If held by (signature pokémon), its Ground and Rock moves now have a chance to 20% chance to burn.
Reasoning: Hyrule Warriors is great inspiration Scorching Sands is rarely used despite having the same mechanics as Scald which is used like 24/7. Guessing it's because of the weaker BP compared to Earthquake and the fact Flying types can just go teehee. So here's an item that gives a chance for all Ground and Rock moves to burn.
Congratulations to the winners! We're onto the Pokémon creation phase now!

Pokemon: Cacturne
Typing: Grass/Rock
Abilities: Iron Barbs/Water Absorb
Stats: HP 88 / Atk 92 / Def 84 / SpA 93 / SpD 91 / Spe 32 / BST 490
Movepool Additions: Dust Devil, Stone Edge, Rock Blast, Rock Throw, Smack Down, Rock Polish
Movepool Removals: Dark Pulse, Switcheroo, Embargo, Feint Attack,
Reasoning: Ok, so, I'll start off with my choice of pokemon- first of all Cacturne is well, a cactus, so that's one, two is that with most of my submissions so far I've chosen Pokemon in lower tiers (being NatDex RU in the case of Cacturne, which is literally the only non-NFE/LC tier of NatDex, so yeah) and that need a buff, furthermore it better conveys the idea of this Pokemon being in a desert and all, also the type change is so it actually gets STAB on Dust Devil and said typing is complemented by its ability in Water Absorb (not like Grass already cancels out Rock's weakness to Water, but that's beside the point), and furthermore I can justify the replacement of Sand Veil with this new typing as iron is a mineral, which I think is found in rock, I mean I'm no expert, so I could've maybe be somehow fooled this whole time... but again that's beside the point, the point is that I'm giving Cacturne an ability which fits it's, well, pointy features which I can now further justify with it's new typing of Grass/Rock, and that's about it.

Pokemon: Carbink
Typing: Rock/Fairy
Abilities: Clear Body/Sturdy/Crystallize
Stats: HP 50 / Atk 70 / Def 130 / SpA 70 / SpD 130 / Spe 50 / BST 500
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up, Body Slam
Movepool Removals: None
Reasoning: Explosion + Crystallize, nuff said, would be absolutely amazing to watch it just rip apart the bulkiest of 'mons- that aside I think it also just works cause Carbink has literal gems 'n all inside of it, so it kinda makes sense it would have the ability called "Crystallize" lol, that and it already has Calm Mind and with the addition of Bulk Up and rearranging of some stat points it can pretty well (at least from what I would imagine) as a setup sweeper for both physical and special sets, though it doesn't have that great of a Special Normal-type move, and I don't think most would fit it, and I could argue that Boomburst fits it, but that feels a bit too powerful, of course it can all very well just fall flat when facing against a Steel-type since both of its STABs hit it for ineffective damage, and of course it has a 4x weakness to Steel, so I think that somewhat balances it out (though it does have Body Press, so Steel types may not be as big of a problem for it, but still).

Pokemon: Magcargo, Signature Item: Molten Rock
Typing: Rock/Fire
Abilities:
Magma Armor/Flame Body/Solid Rock
Stats: HP 75 / Atk 45 / Def 120 / SpA 100 / SpD 110 / Spe 30 / BST 480
Movepool Additions: Meteor Beam, Body Press
Movepool Removals:
None
Reasoning:
I don't have much of a reason admittedly aside from the fact Magcargo needs a buff, as with most of the mons I've picked, but it also fits because it's the Lava Pokemon, and I think the Molten Rock item just really fits Magcargo, this is relatively simple and short reasoning, but I think it makes sense.

Last edited:
:ss/tyranitar:
Pokemon: Tyranitar
Typing: Rock/Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream | Unnerve
Stats: 100/95/110/134/100/61 [ 600 ]
Movepool Additions: Dust Devil
Movepool Removals: -
Reasoning: Special Tyranitar. Need I say more. I mainly just switched the ATK and SpATK stat. Should still function the same way as regular Tyranitar but yk, special. Still might be a WIP though, since I'm a little concerned of it with Snoorwill.

:ss/gigalith:
Pokemon: Gigalith
Typing: Rock
Abilities: Sturdy | Crystallize
Stats: 85/115/130/60/95/25 [ 510 ]
Movepool Additions: -
Reasoning: Gigalith can store energy in its orange crystals (i didn't know they were crystals ngl), so it wouldn't be surprising that its able to use that energy as a way to crystallize stuff. Body Slam and Double Edge is to abuse that ability mainly since its movepool is pretty shallow. So it can run a set of Body Slam/Double Edge, Iron Head, Body Press, Earthquake. Reduced its attack so it won't go too crazy and removed both Sand Stream and Sand Force so that the Crystallize ability wouldn't get overshadowed.

:ss/regirock:
Pokemon: Regirock
Typing: Rock
Abilities: Sturdy | Clear Body
Stats: 80/100/150/50/100/50 [ 530 ]
Signature Item: Molten Rock
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up
Reasoning: I gave up on flavor for this one but! Regirock now has a boosting move in Bulk up. And with Toxic/Thunder Wave, it can spread status along with its burn chance.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
FINALLY!

1. Palossand-Galar

:swsh/Palossand:
Pokemon Name: Palossand-Galar
Typing:

Abilities: Water Compaction / none / Crystallize
Stats: 95 / 125 / 140 / 40 / 50 / 30 [480]
Movepool:
-Physical: Play Rough, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Punch (???), Body Slam
-Special:
Weight: 28 kg
Reasoning: Palossand needs some more love. It's one of my favorite 'mons, and a regional form would look so cool. Anyways, this version is more versatile than its normal brother: it can either run a physically defensive set or a surprise attacking set. Crystallize lets it have effectively triple STAB.

Palossand-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Shore Up

Palossand-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Crystallize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Body Slam
- Shore Up

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Acherdust (Dust + Acherontia)
Typing: Rock/Ghost
Abilities: Sand Stream/Aftermath/Ha:Shield Dust
Stats: 70/60/65/110/125/100 (530)
Movepool(notable in bold):
-Physical: U-turn, shadow sneak, rock tomb, iron head, Earthquake, superpower, thief, Poltergeist
-Special: Dust Devil, Shadow Ball, Earth power, Meteor beam, Hex, Psychic, Ominous wind, Dark pulse, Giga drain, Thunder, Hyper beam, Bug buzz
-Status: Calm mind, Stealth rock, Rest, protect, Toxic, Substitute, Will-o-wisp, swagger, spite, endure, Thunder wave, Whirlwind
Weight: 10 kg
Reasoning: Functions as a self-sufficient sand setter and special wall breaker. It has a great speed tier being the third highest speed in the mod if it were to get in. . I could see it running a specs set and maybe a status spreading hex set. Some downsides would be its weakness to knock off as well as a lot of common types and its frail defenses on the physical side.

Pokemon: Sandaconda
Typing: Ground
Abilities: Sand Spit/Shed Skin/Regenerator
Stats: 82/107/125/65/70/82 (531)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Movepool Removals: Glare
[Signature Item: Molten Rock]
Reasoning: Defensive Ground-type checks physical attackers. Regenerator and Slack Off let it compensate for the lack of recovery when holding its item and give it some sustain to stay in the fight to fish for burns. Glare is removed to remove a potential conflict of status-setting interest.

Pokemon: Carkol
Abilities: Steam Engine/Flash Fire/Crystallize
Stats: 60/75/70/120/60/110 (495)
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Earth Power
Reasoning: Crystallize is a perfect chance to make real one of the most not-in-the-actual games Pokemon concept: Rock-type Special attacker. Rock/Fire is a very fun glass cannon typing, and this Carkol aims to hit hard and fast to compensate for its very exploitable weaknesses. And it also has Rock-type Self-Destruct, just in case ;)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:ss/archeops:
Pokemon: Archeops
Typing: Rock / Fighting
Abilities: Inner Focus / Sand Rush
Stats: 85 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 85 (550 BST)
Movepool Additions: Dust Devil, Close Combat, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: midspeed breaker that takes advantage of sand rush to do big damage.

:ss/diancie:
Pokemon: Diancie
Typing: Ground / Fairy
Abilities: Crystallize
Stats: 120 / 100 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 50 (530 BST)
Movepool Additions: Earthquake, Scorching Sands, Rapid Spin, Aura Sphere, Spikes
Movepool Removals: Stealth Rock
Reasoning: very versatile wall with a lot of support moves.

:ss/camerupt:
Pokemon: Camerupt (access to Molten Rock)
Typing: Fire / Ground
Abilities: Flame Body / Solid Rock / Sheer Force
Stats: 90 / 105 / 80 / 110 / 95 / 30 (510 BST)
Movepool Additions: Scorching Sands, Meteor Beam, Slack Off
Reasoning: wall that can burn really easily. also has boneless mega in sf if it wants.

Dust Devil: Archeops, Archerdust, Cacturne (SV)
Crystallize:
Carkol, Gigalith, Palossand
Molten Rock: Camerupt, Magcargo (SV), Sandaconda

Dust Devil: Archeops, Archerdust
Crystallize: Gigalith, Carkol (SV), Carbink
Molten Rock: Regirock, Sandaconda (SV), Camerupt

Dust Devil: Archeops, Archerdust, Cacturne
Crystallize: Carkol, Gigalith (SV), Palossand
Molten Rock: Sandaconda, Camerupt, Regirock (SV)

voting might be extended by a day, depending on how many votes we get

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
Dust Devil: Archeops, Acherdust, Tyranitar
Crystallize: Gigalith, Carkol, Palossand (SV)
Molten Rock: Camerupt, Regirock, Sandaconda

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dust Devil: cacturne, archeops, acherdust
Crystallize: carkol, diancie, palossand
Molten Rock: magcargo, camerupt, regirock

Sorry for the wait. Here are the winners!

anaconja's Archeops for Dust Devil and Camerupt for Molten Rock!
:ss/archeops:
Pokemon: Archeops
Typing: Rock / Fighting
Abilities: Inner Focus / Sand Rush
Stats: 85 / 110 / 80 / 110 / 80 / 85 (550 BST)
Movepool Additions: Dust Devil, Close Combat, Aura Sphere
Reasoning: midspeed breaker that takes advantage of sand rush to do big damage.

:ss/camerupt:
Pokemon: Camerupt (access to Molten Rock)
Typing: Fire / Ground
Abilities: Flame Body / Solid Rock / Sheer Force
Stats: 90 / 105 / 80 / 110 / 95 / 30 (510 BST)
Movepool Additions: Scorching Sands, Meteor Beam, Slack Off
Reasoning: wall that can burn really easily. also has boneless mega in sf if it wants.
Burgundy's Carkol for Crystallize!

Pokemon: Carkol
Abilities: Steam Engine/Flash Fire/Crystallize
Stats: 60/75/70/120/60/110 (495)
Movepool Additions: Hyper Voice, Earth Power
Reasoning: Crystallize is a perfect chance to make real one of the most not-in-the-actual games Pokemon concept: Rock-type Special attacker. Rock/Fire is a very fun glass cannon typing, and this Carkol aims to hit hard and fast to compensate for its very exploitable weaknesses. And it also has Rock-type Self-Destruct, just in case ;)
Congratulations! New slate coming soon, so look out for that!^^

Slate 6 - Have to Make Do

1 move that has a charging turn: can be both an attacking move or a status move.

1 ability that has a detrimental effect: Examples are Slow Start, Klutz, Defeatist, etc.

1 move with an underrepresented type: Your choices are Ice, Bug, Psychic and Dragon. This is so that our mod's a little more diverse!

Have fun! Feel free to ask any questions too! Also, we have a discord. Not the most active, but yk, why not drop in? :D

Ability Name: Incompetence
Description: At the end of each turn this Pokémon's highest stat drops one stage. (Basically inverse Joltemons Moody)
Reasoning: This Pokémon sucks at its job.

Move Name: Annihilation
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 75
Effect(s): 33% Recoil, +1 Priority
Effect Chance: N/A
Attributes: Protect & Mirror
Reasoning: A translation of Wave Crash from LA to mainline gameplay. Considering this would make it the 3rd most powerful priority attack, I decided to make it a special dragon attack as it scales well power-wise against the 85 and 130 bp attacks of dragon pulse and draco meteor respectively. Felt the name Annihilation was an appropriate name as you rush forth to give your opponent a swift annihilation.

Move Name: Falcon Punch
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 140
Effect(s): Charges Turn 1, Hits turn 2
Attributes: Same as other punching moves
Reasoning: I couldn’t think of anything interesting for the charge sub so… FALCON PAWNCH!!!

Last edited:
Move Name: Steam Chute
Category: Special
Type: Water
Base Power: 130
Max PP: 10 / 16 (max)
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): Charges turn used, thaws user, executed after, thaws target. While charging if this Pokémon is damaged by a move and said move makes contact then the attacker is burned, otherwise this Pokémon sets Mist for 5 turns.
Reasoning: This move is a powerful water-type move which can very much act as an alternative to moves like Scald and Will-O-Wisp given its ability to burn, though it isn't all that reliable, and of course such power comes at the cost of a turn, however the Pokémon using it isn't completely passive during the charging turn, as if it is damaged one of two things will happen (of course if it is damaged by a move, status and the like don't count)- if the moves makes contact then the attacker is burned, while with any other damaging move Mist is set, a field effect which really doesn't see much if any play, so this move is very unique in what it can do and making use of a relatively unseen field effect (I think I may have been partially/subconsciously inspired by the custom ability Vapor Control from the Joltemons pet mod).

Ability Name: Frail Frame
Description: This Pokémon takes 50% more damage from attacks.
Reasoning: This, like most other detrimental abilities, would be used to keep a mon relatively balanced- in this case by either balancing out a Pokémon with incredible bulk, or by making a fast and strong mon a glass cannon, with the latter probably making more sense, at least in my mind.

Move Name: Crippling Crash
Category: Physical
Type: Ice
Base Power: 130
Max PP: 5 / 8 (max)
Effect(s): Has 50% recoil. 20% chance to flinch.
Effect Chance: 20%
Attributes: Contact, Biting, Sound, etc.
Reasoning: A very powerful physical ice move with a 20% chance to flinch, however at the pretty heavy cost of 50% recoil, yet this move could very much be abused by a fast and strong attacker, though it will make said user even more of a glass cannon then they may have been before.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ability Name: Squishy Body
Description: The user's Defense lowers by 1 stage each time it takes direct damage.
Reasoning: I feel like this could be a really interesting flaw for pivots and slower wallbreakers, a non-issue for faster stuff, and a potentially devastating one for straight up defensive Pokemon. The effectiveness of this ability as a detriment completely changes depending on what type of Pokemon you want to build it around and I find that awesome. This is really similar on concept to Ras's and I might replace it later on for that reason, probably depending on whether or not they're fine with me subbing this.

Move Name: Final Smash
Type: Normal
Base Power: 220
Max PP: 1
Accuracy: 100
Effect(s): Charges turn 1, damages turn 2. Matches the user's primary typing.
Attributes: Charge, Protect, Mirror
Reasoning: big move that requires you use your item slot on it, originally 180 until i realized that it would be the same power as a specs fire blast.

Move Name: Tundra Storm
Type: Ice
Base Power: 75
Max PP: 16
Effect(s): Sets Hail for 5 turns after use, 8 if the user is holding an Icy Rock. If the user knows this move, they are immune to Hail damage.
Attributes: Protect, Mirror
Reasoning: you get constant chip on your opponent and could abuse stuff like slush rush, or maybe veil akin to what alotales does. probably too linear but hey it's fun

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
Ability Name: Cumbersome
Description: This Pokémon's weight causes it to collapse while retaliating. After being hit with a Physical attack, its Speed is lowered 12 stages.
Reasoning: Rest in rice, any Aggron or Snorlax that get this.

Move Name: Star Shower
Type: Fairy
Base Power: 200
Max PP: 13 [16]
Effect(s): Charges over three turns. If the user is hit with a Dark-type move, the move is canceled.
Attributes: None
Reasoning: You wanted a powerful charge move, so here you go. Its insane power is balanced outby its massive wait time and its weakness to Dark-type moves. Don't use this, Psychic-types.

BONUSES:

Move Display on Use:
[[user]] began to absorb stars!
Move Display on Cancellation: [[user]]'s starlight was blacked out!

Move Name: Neurohammer
Category: Physical
Type: Psychic
Base Power: 120
Max PP: 13 [16]
Effect(s): The user takes 1/3 of the damage inflicted as recoil. Inflicts Torment on the target.
Attributes: Contact
Reasoning: There are no good Psychic-type Physical moves (Zen Headbutt does not count). This seems like a good, fairly balanced solution.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)