Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

soo i'm gonna go ahead and close up the votes for this one. here are the results!

Rasdanation won for Appropriation with Oricorio!
Pokemon: Oricorio
Typing:

Abilities: Dancer / Appropriation [HA]
Stats: 79 / 61 / 100 / 100 / 82 / 93 [525 BST]
Movepool Additions: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Petal Dance, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Close Combat, Low Sweep, Force Palm, Counter, Reversal, Quick Guard, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon, Hyper Voice, Nasty Plot
Noteworthy Additions Italicized
Movepool Removals: None
Reasoning: Revelation Dance ensures appropriation mon will always have a STAB to utilize, and actually utilizes the move in an interesting and dynamic way. Has a bunch of other special options as well. Appropriation is best for (usually) providing the mon with resists that give it the bulk it to set up with Nasty Plot and utilize its strong coverage to break dents into the opposing team. Places well on the speed tier, only being outsped by Eelektross, Nihilego, and Sharpedo, one of which is rather vulnerable to Oricorio's priority in Vacuum Wave.
analysis geek won for Hibernation with Snoorwill!
Pokemon Name: Snoorwill (poorwill+snore)
Typing: Dark/Rock
Abilities: Hibernation, Sand Force,Ha: Sand veil
Stats: 130/110/85/67/70/65 Bst:527
Movepool(notable in bold):
-Physical: Knock off,Stone edge, rock slide, Superpower, facade, earthquake, Foul play, Lash out, Facade,
-Special: hyper beam, dark pulse, grass knot, snarl, incinerate, uproar, mud slap, snore
-Status: Toxic, roar, Taunt, Rest, torment, substitute, protect, attract, sleep talk, Hone claws, Stealth rock, Rock polish, Curse, Roost* and Defog.
Weight: .1 kg
Reasoning: really bulky pokemon combined with hibernation that's balanced out by a bad defensive typing that still has some key resistances.
*Based on a bird called the common poorwill.
and i won for Jovial Drums with Aterrundu!
Pokemon Name: Aterrundu
Typing: Fairy/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Natural Cure
Stats: 92/75/95/70/108/60 [500]
Movepool:
-Physical: Drill Peck, Play Rough, Double Edge, Drum Beating, Double Edge, Bounce, Knock Off, Brutal Swing
-Special: Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Magical Leaf, Hyper Voice, Air Cutter
-Status: Jovial Drums, Roost, Toxic, Reflect, Light Screen, Bulk Up, Defog, Agility, Wish, Yawn
+ Universal Moves (Protect, Rest, etc.)
Weight: 0.6 kg
Reasoning: I wanted to try my hand in making a fakemon for once, and also the fact i really did not know who to give Jovial Drums to. The Pokemon is based on the palm cockatoo, hence Fairy/Flying type. It's meant to be a support mon that's able to tank hits and slow pivots to its teammate with Jovial Drums. I'm not sure about giving this thing Regenerator so uh, yeah.
congrats to the winners! keep an eye out for next slate!

Slate 5 - Synergy Slate

1 move that interacts with a the user's ability: You can specify particular abilities, or you can specify hidden ability vs. regular ability. This can be a direct interaction (i.e. higher BP if the ability is Fluffy) or indirect (i.e. generates berries for a pokemon with Ripen). Remember, only one new pokemon will get this move+ability combo, so don't worry about other pokemon that get the ability you choose (if you choose a specific one).

1 ability that interacts with a particular move or move category: See the above comment. Just try not to make a giant, arbitrary list of moves that everyone has to remember.

1 signature item: Along the lines of Light Ball or Thick Club, an item to be used as the sig item of one pokemon.

This slate might take a bit longer because I'm going to code the meta and hopefully have some playtesting happen before the next pokemon creation phase!

Last edited:
could you perhaps give an example of what you mean by "1 move that interacts with a particular ability"? I personally am a bit confused trying to wrap my head around exactly what you may mean.

could you perhaps give an example of what you mean by "1 move that interacts with a particular ability"? I personally am a bit confused trying to wrap my head around exactly what you may mean.
Now that you ask I think that category is a bit awkward, so I made it a little broader and added examples.

1 move that interacts with a the user's ability: You can specify particular abilities, or you can specify hidden ability vs. regular ability. This can be a direct interaction (i.e. higher BP if the ability is Fluffy) or indirect (i.e. generates berries for a pokemon with Ripen). Remember, only one new pokemon will get this move+ability combo, so don't worry about other pokemon that get the ability you choose (if you choose a specific one).
This could include things like:
-a move that triggers the effect of a situational ability (i.e. Volt Absorb or Sand Spit), just not a forme change because those abilities are hard-coded to specific pokemon.
-a move that turns off your ability for pokemon with detrimental abilities.
-a move that sets a field condition for abilities that abuse those conditions.
-a move that has different power or effects based on whether the user has their hidden or regular ability.

Move Name: Dust Devil
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 65
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Accuracy: 100%
Effect(s): If Sandstorm is active, this move hits twice. Each hit has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Attack Stat by one stage.
Effect Chance: 10%
Attributes: Same as Hurricane
Reasoning: It always kinda felt weird that all of the weathers had a move that interacted with it (Sun has the Solar Attacks, Rain has Hurricane & Thunder, Hail has Blizzard), so I wanted to make a move that interacted with Sandstorm, and thus has synergy with Sand Stream. Had the idea of making it a multi-hit only when under sand, as it felt like a unique utilization of Weather-reliant mechanics. To boot, for each hit there is a 10% chance to drop the target's special attack stat by one stage, pairing well with rock's boosted special bulk under sand.

Ability Name: Narcolepsy
Description: While this Pokémon is on the field, opponents are treated as if they are under the effects of Comatose: they are immune to and cured of non-volatile status conditions (excluding sleep), considered to be asleep, can move while asleep, and moves that interact with the sleep status work (ie. Dream Eater & Sleep Talk).
Reasoning: Has specific synergy with the likes of Dream Eater, Nightmare, Wake-Up Slap, and Hex. Effectively gives the opponent Comstose, allowing for a single Pokémon to tap into the underutilized potential of sleep-reliant moves, without reaching the point of being too uncompetitive either.

Item Name: Liberation Orb
Effect: If held by [Signature Pokémon], this Pokémon becomes their alternate form, and their ability switches to become No Guard.
Reasoning: Inspired by the form-changing held items of Joltemons, this sub was meant to reflect that sort of idea, and bring a form change mon to Two Step Mons. I decided for the secondary effect of the form change to be gaining No Guard, as the ability has the potential to alter what moves on a Mon are considered viable, allowing for the two separate forms two gain more distinct playstyles from one another.

Last edited:
1 move that interacts with a the user's ability
Name: Sunburn
Type: Fire
Category: Physical
Bp: 120
Acc: 100
PP: 8
Effect: Burns the user after use.
Description: Ability in question is Guts. Ever seen a Guts user not want to run toxic/burn orb (not counting when they didn't exist)? Now we can have a guts user with an item slot.

1 ability that interacts with a particular move or move category
Name: Super Strength
Effect: While this pokemon is active, all stat changes affect the Att stat rather than what they normally would.
Description: Move in question is Cotton Guard. Physical Tail Glow go brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 signature item
Name: Sundial
Effect: If this pokemon is [Enter Pokemon Name] upon switch in, summons Sun for 5 turns. Single Use.
Description: Allows for the pokemon to have drought as well as its regular ability in exchange for its item slot. The pokemon doesn't even need to have a sun-abusing ability. Sun can just help out with boosting fire and weakening water.

Last edited:
Now that you ask I think that category is a bit awkward, so I made it a little broader and added examples.

This could include things like:
-a move that triggers the effect of a situational ability (i.e. Volt Absorb or Sand Spit), just not a forme change because those abilities are hard-coded to specific pokemon.
-a move that turns off your ability for pokemon with detrimental abilities.
-a move that sets a field condition for abilities that abuse those conditions.
-a move that has different power or effects based on whether the user has their hidden or regular ability.
alright then, thanks, definitely helps me to better understand it!

1 move that interacts with a the user's ability:
Move Name
: Adaptive Strike
Type: Normal
Base Power: 75
Max PP: 16
Effect(s): If this move's type has been changed by an ability (i.e. Refrigerate, Galvanize, Aerilate, etc.) then its base power is doubled.
Reasoning: I was looking at abilities and took note of the type-changing abilities, which have always been some of my favorites, so I think it would be interesting if a Pokemon with one of these abilities had a move which became much more powerful with it becoming changed, to be honest I don't have much other reason besides it possibly being fun and overall stupidly powerful.
Edit: Abilities in question are the type changing abilities such as Refrigerate, Galvanize, Aerilate, Pixilate, and I think those are about it- of course exceptions would be Liquid Voice since this isn't a Sound-based move, and then Normalize because this is already a Normal-type move and thus I don't think its properties would get triggered since the type of this move wouldn't be changed.

1 ability that interacts with a particular move or move category:
Ability Name
: Expressive
Description: This Pokemon's Normal-type moves change their type based on the nature of this Pokemon (Fire-type if +Atk, Steel-type if +Def, Water-type if +SpA, Grass-type if +SpD, Psychic-type if +Spe, Remains Normal-type if no changes); these affected moves' power is x1.2, unless they remain Normal-type in which these moves' power is x1.5.
Reasoning: I was thinking about the move I was creating and thought it would be interesting to make this ability as a possible option, thought I don't think that would actually happen, I liked the idea of this, working as an odd Hidden Power in the form of an ability, of course it would simply be a signature ability, and again, I think this could be fun and work really interestingly with anyone, it's an odd ability, and a very unique one at that.
Edit: Cause I forgot to say, the moves in question would be Normal-type moves of course, if that counts.

1 signature item:
Item Name
: Blazing Loyalty (In A Bottle)
Description: If held by Arcanine then if its ability is Intimidate then it drops the opposing Pokemon's attack by 2 upon switch-in, if its ability is Flash Fire then when hit with a Fire-type move its Fire-type attacks do 2x damage, and if its ability is Justified then its attack is raised by 2. If Arcanine is to lose this item then its speed is raised by 2.
Reasoning: Arcanine needs a boost, that and I like Arcanine as a dog-lover, besides I typically see signature items as items to give boosts to these specific Pokemon of course, so again, I see this as an opportunity to really make more Arcanine viable and possibly more fun to use.
Edit 2: In hindsight I'm realizing I probably wasn't supposed to assign it to a Pokemon, so lets just say whatever Pokemon does get this (preferably a Fire-type given the name, though of course no-one has to listen to this bit) its abilities affects would be doubled, and of course when it loses this item its speed would be raised by 2.

Edit 3 (albeit unnecessary): Hope this all make sense and are okay and work fine, may have gotten a bit confused with the kinds of things I was supposed to create, as such I apologize haha.
Edit 4: Changed the name of the ability to something I felt to be more fitting, hope that is fine/allowed.
Edit 5: Grammar

Last edited:
Sig Item sub
Name: Weighted Vest
Fling Effect: 40 bp
Effect: If the holder is [signature holder] The users’ attack and defense is multipled by 1.5x but the user tends to move last (like lagging tail). If this item is lost (trick,knock,fling etc), attack and defense by 1 stage. (Only if it’s used by the signature mon)
Justfication: Cool item that is generally a good boost to ur mon, but becomes more interesting as it can be paired with things like fling shenanigans to make some fun sweeps. Flavor can fit on things that u think would work out a lot, like machamp and conkeldurr, and the losing the item effect makes sense considering if u use a weighted vest and take it off u would have likely gained some muscle mass.

move that interacts with abilities
Move Name: High Voltage
Category: Special
Type: Electric
Base Power: 90
Max PP: 8
Accuracy: 85%
Effect(s): The user takes a 60 bp electric type special move as recoil, even if you miss. Could be coded like user deals 100 bp in damage with 85% accuracy, and then targets itself for 60 bp damage.
Effect Chance: 100%
Attributes: Contact, Biting, Sound, etc.
Description: User unleashes a bolt so powerful that the user electrocutes itself in the process. Abuse to give ur self free volt absorb/motor drive/lightning rod boosts, seems like a fun gimmick for an electric mon, and if the mon has multiple of these abilities can make predicting it’s set a nightmare. Upsides are pretty obvious to abuse some powerful abilities that usually can only be activated by opponent, down side is taking a lot of chip even tho resisted can deal a lot epscially if ur racking up damage with lightning rod. This downside is obviously bypassed if it’s used volt absorb mon, thought ur not gaining any offensive capabilities from abusing it. A bonus effect of this move is that it can help u activate cell battery, yay!

Last edited:
Move Name: Snack Time
Category:

Type:

Base Power: N/A
Max PP:
Effect(s): The user consumes its held berry. If the Pokemon holding it has Cheek Pouch, Harvest, Ripen, or Gluttony, heals 16% HP if holding a non-healing berry or increases the highest stat of the user if holding a healing berry. These do not stack with Ripen. Fails if Unnerve is active.
Attributes: None
Reasoning: Pokemon that use berries are gonna have a field day with this. I mean, just think of things like Greedent and Appletun. However, Unnerve can get in the way of things, so watch out for that.
Ability Name: Mysterious Force
Description: At the end of each turn, uses a 60 BP typeless move that is Physical or Special depending on the user's greater attacking stat. Uses the Physical Attack stat if both are equal.
Reasoning: Focus Sash breaker lol (wip)

1 signature item:
Item name: Manifold gauntlet

Effects: This Pokemon's attacks are special or physical based on their higher attacking stat when holding this item.

1 ability that interacts with a particular move or move category: Stockpile Trio

Ability Name: Surplus

Description: Pokemon with this ability is treated as having 2 stockpile stacks. It does lose these stacks when using spit up or swallow and the defense boost.

Reasoning: essentially starts the battle as a Mon with double defense, a 50% max hp heal in swallow, and a 200 bp nuke in spit up. Wanted an ability that buffs the stockpile trio because I always felt these moves have good potential.

1 move that interacts with a the user's ability:

Move Name: Prime

Category: Status

Base Power: n/a

Max PP: 8

Accuracy: -(cannot miss)

Effect(s):, if ability is quick draw, this Pokemon's moves now have +1 priority, otherwise increases acc by 1.

Effect Chance: % - if applicable

Attributes: Self targeting

Reasoning: the more prepared you are to shoot the faster you can quick draw. Makes a pokemon with quick draw a good cleaner/revenge killer in exchange for a moveslot and a turn.

Last edited:
Move Name: Desperate Strike
Type: Bug
Base Power: 85
Effect(s): Power is increased by 1.3x if the user is at 50% HP or less.
Attributes: Contact
Reasoning: Meant to synergize with Abilities that care about having low HP. Specifically designed for Swarm, but also includes Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent and, in a way, Defeatist (slightly compensating for the Attack drop). And Zen Mode if you wanna get really funny.

Ability Name: Upper Hand
Description: Deals 1.25x more damage to Pokemon that share a type with it.
Reasoning: An ability that could already have some applications on its own, meant to work specifically well with type-changing moves (Soak, Forest's Curse, Trick-or-Treat, Magic Powder) when used by a Pokemon of that type.

Signature item
Item name:
Molten Rock
Effect: If held by (signature pokémon), its Ground and Rock moves now have a chance to 20% chance to burn.
Reasoning: Hyrule Warriors is great inspiration Scorching Sands is rarely used despite having the same mechanics as Scald which is used like 24/7. Guessing it's because of the weaker BP compared to Earthquake and the fact Flying types can just go teehee. So here's an item that gives a chance for all Ground and Rock moves to burn.
Edit: Note, Molten Rock does not stack with Scorching Sands.

Ability Name
: Fused Turbovolt
Description: If a Pokemon with this ability uses either Fusion Flare or Fusion Bolt, both moves gain combined effectiveness (Fusion Flare gains Electric in its type effectiveness, Fusion Bolt gains Fire).
Reasoning: Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt being doubles moves were a given, but I wanted to try and put them in singles. It's basically the same mechanics as Flying Press, but yk, two moves.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Name: Immunity Burst
BP: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 24
Effect: Type varies based on the user's ability-based immunity.
Description: pretty weird move but if the mon has levitate you have a 24 pp earthquake, 100 bp electric move with volt absorb/motor drive/lightning rod, 100 bp fire move with flash fire, etc.

Ability Name: Mythic Swordsman
Description: This Pokemon's contact moves become special.
Reasoning: idk if the meta is natdex (i.e. has pursuit) but either way you can have interesting things like special knock off, uturn, close combat, etc.

Item name: Ouryu Brace
Effect: If held by a Pokemon, its attacks deal 1.2x damage. This item cannot be given to or taken from a Pokemon.
Reasoning: sidegrade life orb that can't be removed

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Name: idk
BP: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 24
Effect: Type varies based on the user's ability-based immunity.
Description: pretty weird move but if the mon has levitate you have a 24 pp earthquake, 100 bp electric move with volt absorb/motor drive/lightning rod, 100 bp fire move with flash fire, etc.

Ability Name: Mythic Swordsman
Description: This Pokemon's contact moves become special.
Reasoning: idk if the meta is natdex (i.e. has pursuit) but either way you can have interesting things like special knock off, uturn, close combat, etc.

Item name: idk
Effect: If held by a Pokemon, its atacks do 1.2x damage. This item cannot be given to or taken from a Pokemon.
Reasoning: sidegrade life orb that can't be removed
Please actually come up with a name bro I beg you

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
I'M BACK!

Move Name: Terrorize
Type: Dark
Base Power: --
Accuracy: --%
Effect(s): 20% chance to flinch opponent. After this move's use, the opposing Pokémon's Defense and Special Defense drop 1 stage each. If the user has Intimidate, both stats drop 2 stages instead. If the target has Inner Focus, this move will fail.
Effect Chance: 20% to flinch
Attributes: Snatch, Mirror Move
Reasoning: Terrorize is a great weakening move that allows set-up sweepers to gain a kill or two. The flinch chance is also quite handy! Intimidate + this on a bulky Pokemon would make the perfect combination.

Ability Name: Crystallize
Description: This Pokémon's Normal-type moves become Rock-type and have x1.3 power.
Reasoning: game freak we need more -ize/-ate plz

Item Name:
Scroll of Doom
Effect: While this item is active, both Active Pokémon gain a Perish Song counter and can't switch unless the holder faints.
Reasoning: With the Scroll of Doom, a bulky 'mon can halt setups in an instant, or a kamikaze could attempt to destroy a wall halting progress.

Last edited:
Move Name: Full Neutralization
Type: Poison
Base Power: --
Max PP: 24
Accuracy: --%
Effect(s): Next turn, all Active Pokémon's abilities are suppressed permanently. This move fails if the user does not have Neutralizing Gas.
Effect Chance: N/A
Attributes: none
Reasoning: This move can make titans such as Regigigas and Archeops viable again! Permanent suppression, even if niche, also helps with handling ability-reliant mons.
And there is no better way to sum what I want to say than with this quote:

"This is a micrometa, so alot of the references you mention in your post are just not a thing"
-G-Luke

Regigias and Archeops are not even in this Pet Mod, and to a further extent, no Pokemon in this Pet Mod have detrimental abilities. A point could be made for neutralizing a detrimental ability if the user has a detrimental ability, but in the move's current state that isn't even possible, as it requires the user's ability to be NGas.

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
And there is no better way to sum what I want to say than with this quote:

"This is a micrometa, so alot of the references you mention in your post are just not a thing"
-G-Luke

Regigias and Archeops are not even in this Pet Mod, and to a further extent, no Pokemon in this Pet Mod have detrimental abilities. A point could be made for neutralizing a detrimental ability if the user has a detrimental ability, but in the move's current state that isn't even possible, as it requires the user's ability to be NGas.
My bad.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Move: Rasdanation, burgundy, anaconja
Ability: d3adbydayl1ght, anaconja, lavarina
Item: lavarina, Voolpool, anaconja

Burgundy making their move physical Bug lowers its quality so hard damn

Moves:
Dust Devil
Desperate Strike (SV)
Sunburn

Abilities:
Super Strength
Upper Hand (SV)
Mythic Swordsman

Items:
Weighted Vest
Molten Rock
Oryu Brace

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
Ability: d3adbydayl1ght
Ah yes, a man of culture.

Move: Rasdanation, Low-Key, Burgundy (bro, why did you have to make it a Physical Bug-type move?)
Ability:
d3adbydayl1ght (IDC what anyone says, we need more -ize/-ate abilities rn), anaconja, Burgundy (To clarify, if an Espeon with Upper Hand used Psychic on a Medicham, it would be x1.25 power?)
Item:
lavarina (very nice item there), analysis geek, anaconja

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)