Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

Prompt: Detrimental ability
Ability Name: Apprehensive
Description: This Pokémon can only act on the first turn out.
Reasoning: This effect is detrimental because it essentially forces the Pokémon to switch out after using a single move. This means players will have to pick wisely while using the Pokémon with this ability. A wrong prediction with this ability means the opponent can get a free turn to setup or do damage to the rest of the team.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ability Name: Transient
Description: On switchin, this Pokemon faints in 3 turns.
Reasoning: quite bad on a wallbreaker and devastating for a wall.

Move Name: idk
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 120
Max PP: 5
Accuracy: 100%
Effect(s): Raises Special Attack turn 1. Hits turn 2.
Reasoning: bug special moves are very sad so lets give it bug meteor beam.

Move Name: Psycho Force
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 100
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Effect(s): If the user moved last, this move suppresses the target's ability.
Reasoning: zen headbutt/psychic fangs is cringe so heres a more spammable psychic attack

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
Ability Name: Transient
Description: On switchin, this Pokemon faints in 3 turns.
Reasoning: quite bad on a wallbreaker and devastating for a wall.
Interesting...
Move Name
: idk
Category:

Type:

Max PP: 5
Effect(s): Raises Special Attack turn 1. Hits turn 2.
Reasoning: bug special moves are very sad so lets give it bug meteor beam.
Ah yes Bug Meteor Beam :)
Move Name
: Psycho Force
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 100
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Effect(s): If the user moved last, this move suppresses the target's ability.
Reasoning: zen headbutt/psychic fangs is cringe so heres a more spammable psychic attack
Psychic Core Enforcer? I'm up

move w/ charging turn: d3adbydayl1ght, SparkRolf (SV), DuoM2

ability w/ detrimental effect: anaconja, DuoM2, Rasdanation

move w/ underrepresented type: d3adbydayl1ght, Rasdanation, DuoM2

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
Move with Charging Turn: SparkRolf, d3adbydayl1ght (SV), Rasdanation
Ability w/ Detrimental Effect: DuoM2, SparkRolf, d3adbydayl1ght (SV)
Move w/ Underrepresented Type: SparkRolf, d3adbydayl1ght (SV), DuoM2

Move with Charging Turn: SparkRolf, Rasdanation, d3adbydayl1ght
Ability w/ Detrimental Effect: DuoM2, SparkRolf, Rasdanation
Move w/ Underrepresented Type: Rasdanation, d3adbydayl1ght, SparkRolf

Move with charging turn: Stream chute, Final smash, Falcon punch
Ability w/ Detrimental Effect: Frail Frame, Apprehensive(sv), Transient
Move w/ Underrepresented type: Neurohammer, Psycho force, Tundra Hammer

Voting time is over, here are the results! and i can tag people properly now.

SparkRolf with Steam Chute for the charging turn!

Move Name: Steam Chute
Category: Special
Type: Water
Base Power: 130
Max PP: 10 / 16 (max)
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): Charges turn used, thaws user, executed after, thaws target. While charging if this Pokémon is damaged by a move and said move makes contact then the attacker is burned, otherwise this Pokémon sets Mist for 5 turns.
Reasoning: This move is a powerful water-type move which can very much act as an alternative to moves like Scald and Will-O-Wisp given its ability to burn, though it isn't all that reliable, and of course such power comes at the cost of a turn, however the Pokémon using it isn't completely passive during the charging turn, as if it is damaged one of two things will happen (of course if it is damaged by a move, status and the like don't count)- if the moves makes contact then the attacker is burned, while with any other damaging move Mist is set, a field effect which really doesn't see much if any play, so this move is very unique in what it can do and making use of a relatively unseen field effect (I think I may have been partially/subconsciously inspired by the custom ability Vapor Control from the Joltemons pet mod).

DuoM2 with Squishy Body for the detrimental ability!

Ability Name: Squishy Body
Description: The user's Defense lowers by 1 stage each time it takes direct damage.
Reasoning: I feel like this could be a really interesting flaw for pivots and slower wallbreakers, a non-issue for faster stuff, and a potentially devastating one for straight up defensive Pokemon. The effectiveness of this ability as a detriment completely changes depending on what type of Pokemon you want to build it around and I find that awesome. This is really similar on concept to Ras's and I might replace it later on for that reason, probably depending on whether or not they're fine with me subbing this.

and d3adbydayl1ght with Neurohammer for the underrepresented type!

Move Name: Neurohammer
Category: Physical
Type: Psychic
Max PP: 13 [16]
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): The user takes 1/3 of the damage inflicted as recoil. Inflicts Torment on the target.
Effect Chance: N/A
Attributes: Contact
Reasoning: There are no good Psychic-type Physical moves (Zen Headbutt does not count). This seems like a good, fairly balanced solution.
Time to make pokémon for these signatures! Deadline is in a week (or more, depends but ehe)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:ss/groudon:
Pokemon: Groudon
Typing: Water / Ground
Abilities: Sand Stream
Stats: 90 / 90 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 70 (530 BST)
Movepool Additions: Steam Chute, Scald, Surf, Hydro Pump, Weather Ball
Movepool Removals: Heat Crash, Fire Punch, Overheat, Solar Beam
Reasoning: sand setter that can go offensive itself with rock polish. steam chute is weird and potentially not viable but it can maybe shore up its low defense.

:ss/zygarde:
Pokemon: Zygarde
Typing: Bug / Ground
Abilities: Squishy Body
Stats: 108 / 98 / 121 / 98 / 95 / 80 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Leech Life, U-Turn, Bug Buzz, Agility
Movepool Removals: all Dragon moves
Reasoning: coil zyg but the def boost gets nullified so it mostly has to rely on glare.

:ss/solgaleo:
Pokemon: Solgaleo
Typing: Fire / Psychic
Abilities: Flame Body / Full Metal Body
Stats: 137 / 107 / 73 / 67 / 79 / 67 (530 BST)
Movepool Additions: Swords Dance, Neurohammer
Movepool Removals: Steel Beam, Steel Roller
Reasoning: fsr there are 0 fire types in the meta so heres one. has solid bulk, fairly reliable recovery, and two big STABs to hit off of.

Pokemon: Alomomola
Typing: Water/Fire
Abilities: Healer/Hydration/Regenerator
Stats:
HP 145 / Atk 35 / Def 75 / SpA 85 / SpD 90 / Spe 55 / BST 485
Movepool Additions: *Steam Chute, Flip Turn, Fiery Dance, Flame Charge, Heat Wave, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Inferno, Dazzling Gleam, Strange Steam, Aromatic Mist.
Movepool Removals: Toxic.
Reasoning: Fish. So, this thing is already quite bulky, now, I just rearrange its stats some, give it a slight lift in its BST, alter its typing, and now it's properly bulky and can for the most part safely utilize Steam Chute, and of course if it does get to low it can just switch-out normally or with Flip Turn to activate Regenerator and get recovery from that, otherwise a nice kinda funny and bulky mon that can for the most part provide support to its teammates whether it be spreading burns across the opposing team or by setting up mist to prevent stat drops, while also being able to actually deal out lots of damage with a respectable 85 SpA in combination with Steam Chute's 130 BP.

Pokemon: Swalot
Typing: Poison
Abilities: *Squishy Body
Stats:
HP 107 / Atk 63 / Def 94 / SpA 63 / SpD 94 / Spe 59 / BST 480
Movepool Additions: Strength Sap, Seismic Toss.
Movepool Removals: None
Reasoning: It looks squishy, so it probably is squishy- that aside I've given it some buffs to its bulk and Strength Sap to make it having Squishy Body feel more so justified (with Strength Sap of course somewhat off-setting the defense drops), but anyways yeah this thing is seriously crippled by Squishy Body as it wants to be a defensive mon, but more than likely would struggle to actually be so. Anyways funny blob go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pokemon Name: Bashineura
Typing: Psychic/Water
Abilities: Swift Swim/Reckless
Stats:
HP 91 / Atk 108 / Def 82 / SpA 83 / SpD 98 / Spe 65 / BST 527
Movepool:
-Physical: *Neurohammer, Psychic Fangs, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Jet, Crabhammer, Flip Turn, Liquidation, Dive, Iron Head, Headbutt, Ice Fang, Icicle Crash, Crunch, Bite, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Endeavor, Facade, Head Charge, Flail, Giga Impact, Tackle, Dragon Hammer, Outrage, Breaking Swipe,
-Special: Extrasensory, Psychic, Stored Power, Confusion, Dream Eater, Hydro Pump, Surf, Brine, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Weather Ball, Hyper Beam, Round, Snore, Dragon Pulse,
-Status: Reflect, Rest, Gravity, Imprison, Instruct, Rain Dance, Aqua Ring, Glare, Pain Split, Protect, Sleep Talk, Swords Dance, Wish, Growl, Mind Reader, Scary Face, Splash, Dragon Dance
Weight: 476.4 kg
Reasoning: My mind was kinda just thinking of what I could put Neurohammer on, and I liked the idea of doing a hammerhead shark-based pokemon for it cause that sounds quite funny- anyways this thing is for the most part a physical attacker, but, also does have the power to support a mixed if not fully special set.

:ss/pyukumuku:
Pokemon: Pyukumuku
Typing: Water
Stats: 90 / 110 / 130 / 30 / 85 / 35 (480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Liquidation, Waterfall, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, Power-Up Punch
Movepool Removals: Baton Pass, Curse, Double Team
Reasoning: I can't imagine it not being squishy, so. We've got ourselves a slow wallbreaker who needs to put in big holes in the opposing team before its ability screws it up. It has Recover to take back some HP at least, and Power-Up Punch to boost its attack.

:ss/metagross:
Pokemon: Metagross
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Clear Body | Light Metal
Stats: 80 / 135 / 130 / 95 / 90 / 70 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Neurohammer
Movepool Removals: -
Reasoning: Yeah this was the most obvious choice for me. Putting in a pseudo-legendary in the meta might be strong, but this thing still gets checked by stuff like Sharpedo because of its low speed unless it pulls off an Agility. Even so, can't forget about Snoorwill and the two ghosts we have here.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon Name: Sinsage
Typing:

Abilities: Adaptability / Leaf Guard / Magic Guard
Stats: 65 / 125 / 60 / 95 / 110 / 30 [BST: 485]
Movepool:
-Physical: Sucker Punch, Neurohammer, Crunch, Zen Headbutt, Psychic Fangs, Play Rough, Foul Play, Wood Hammer, Fire Fang
-Special: Energy Ball, Psychic, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower
Weight: 22 kg
Reasoning: This concept just seemed good: a Physical Psychic-type with Adaptability to hit like an absolute truck with Neurohammer and Sucker Punch. Neurohammer lets you mess with walls that try to spam recovery or status on you. Additionally, you can run a special moveset with PsychicPulse! Its Speed is lacking, though, so literally any Bug move does this thing.

(This is a counterpart to Oranguru btw)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/gallade:
Pokemon: Gallade
Typing: Psychic / Ice
Abilities: Steadfast / Ice Body | HA: Hyper Cutter
Stats: 68 / 115 / 115 / 60 / 70 / 90 (518 BST)
Movepool Additions: Ice Shard, Neurohammer
Movepool Removals: Close Combat, Knock Off
Reasoning: Ice and Psychic are both underrepped typings so I decided to cover both in one mon via Gallade. SD Gallade is a potent wallbreaker with its high BP dual STAB.

:ss/duosion:
Pokemon: Duosion [Not Eviolite Compatible]
Typing: Psychic / Poison
Stats: 125 / 40 / 50 / 125 / 60 / 75 (480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes
Movepool Removals: N/A
Reasoning: Duosion has a squishy body and is on the front page banner so it must be valid. On a real though Duosion has to cope with Squishy Body so I gave it a stat spread where it hs not useless with the ability. It still hits hard as hell and sans Steel types gives teams a hard time to switch it in.

:ss/thievul:
Pokemon: Thievul
Typing: Dark / Water
Abilities: Run Away / Intimidate | HA: Unburden
Stats: 75 / 58 / 70 / 94 / 92 / 83 (480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Steam Chute, Surf, Flip Turn, Knock Off
Movepool Removals: N/A
Reasoning: Thievul serves as a competent wallbreaker and utility Pokémon, who can use Steam Chute in combination with either ability to make for an interesting result. Unburden sets can just get a big nuke that also has semi use after clicking it, or the Intimidate pivot route, with worse Scald.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Been over two months since I last subbed anything to a mod, and it's been over three since I last made a Fakemon for a mod, so this should be fun lmao

Pokemon Name: Flyroscope
Typing: Bug/Dragon
Abilities: Shield Dust / Swarm | Regenerator
Stats: 70/128/110/50/60/112 (530)
Movepool: Neurohammer, U-Turn, Megahorn, Dragon Claw, Knock Off, Roost, Defog, all universal TMs (flavor moves coming later)
Weight: 20 kg
Reasoning: Honestly feels kind of limiting in what you can do with a move like this since Psychic isn't typically amazing coverage, and it seems much easier to try and make a Pokemon centered around having this as a strong STAB move, so I felt like taking the other approach and trying to make coverage out of it. Something with Bug STAB seemed cool since that'd make it more desirable to have coverage for the 3 Fighting-type mons of the meta as well as Tentacruel, and having a strong U-Turn seems fun, so I made this a pivot.

Since it's Bug and its biggest coverage option leaves it with recoil, I felt it kinda needed Regen or Magic Guard, and I didn't really want Magic Guard because it'd avoid the move's main problem. Regen reduces it but you still do have to work around it, especially if you forgo Heavy-Duty Boots in favor of something like a Choice item. I really hate Bug/Dragon as a typing but it lets it come in on Rillaboom and Eelektross easier while not leaving it to immediately die against Oricorio's Fire moves. Also gave it Roost and Defog just for the sake of it, this thing isn't a big defensive behemoth so they shouldn't be giant parts of its role.

Some of its problem matchups are Nihilego, Porygon, and Atterundu. The latter two really despise Knock Off, though, and pivoting out of an incoming Porygon is probably the best way to break it, or at least scare it back out. It's not particularly strong without a boosting item, it really wants Boots to not be held back by its hazard weakness, and its coverage really isn't spectacular, so it won't scare out a lot of things, so those should hold it back in spite of its matchup spread looking extremely good on paper.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Steam Chute: anaconja, G-Luke, SparkWolf
Squishy Body: lavarina, anaconja, SparkWolf
Neurohammer: lavarina, G-Luke, SparkWolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)