Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

Got permission from DuoM2 and Yoshiblaze to revive this:
2stepsmallerd.png

Welcome to Two Step 'Mons!
In this mod we follow a two step program: first, we create and vote on custom moves and abilities; second, we create or modify pokemon to make optimal use of said moves and abilities! It's a simple process that is somewhat collaborative and focuses the concept of each new pokemon.

As the result of a poll, this mod will be a micrometa. Once we are far enough along, we will revisit Version 1 pokemon to see if we want to include them in the Version 2 metagame.
Step One - Moves and Abilities:
- Each slate will provide parameters that the move or ability must adhere to. These will be outlined in the post for that slate.
- Try not to give your new moves or abilities too many effects. Try to limit it to one or two things, unless there is a precedent in an existing move or ability.
- Depending on how powerful the custom element is, the pokemon we create around it may need to be more or less powerful. Just try to avoid making a move or ability that accomplishes too much for too little effort ( i.e. sets Stealth Rock just for switching in ).

Step Two - New Pokemon:
- The slate will simply be one pokemon for each move or ability that was decided on in the previous slate.
- You can create a fakemon based around the new move or ability; you can also take an existing pokemon and modify it as much as you want.
- If the pokemon is receiving a custom move, try to make sure it would use that move on a majority of its sets. If it receives a custom ability, that must be by far its best ability.
- No custom elements aside from those that the pokemon is based around.

Move Name:
Category: Physical / Special / Status
Type:
Base Power:
Max PP:
Accuracy: %
Effect(s):
Effect Chance: % - if applicable
Attributes: Contact, Biting, Sound, etc.
Reasoning:
Ability Name:
Description:
Reasoning:
Pokemon:
Typing:
Abilities:
Stats:
Movepool Additions:
Movepool Removals:
Reasoning:
Pokemon Name:
Typing:
Abilities:
Stats:
Movepool:
-Physical:
-Special:
Weight: kg
Reasoning:

Council:
Scoopapa

Last edited:
---Spreadsheet---

Winners' Archives:
V.1
Slate 1 - Offense Slate ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 2 - Defense / Support Slate ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 3 - Hyper Offense ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
V.2
Slate 1 - Offense Slate ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 2 - Defense / Support Slate ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 3 - Double-Edge ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 4 - Miscellaneous ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )
Slate 5 - Rock Synergy Slate ( Moves and Abilities )( Pokemon )​

Last edited:
Slate 1 - Offense Slate
We'll be starting off the same way as V.1. For this slate you can post:

- One Special Attack

- One Physical Attack
- One offensive ability

Guidelines:

As far as attacks go, anything from Flame Charge to Boomburst can be considered offense-oriented here. Just don't make something like a 20 BP move that heals your team.

For abilities, they must help the pokemon deal damage, whether passively or situationally; feel free to think outside the box, just don't give us an ability that only helps it tank hits.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

went with the theme of EDGE

Move Name: Gut Punch
Category: Physical
Type: Fighting
Base Power: 70
Max PP: 16
Accuracy: %
Effect(s): For 5 turns, the target is prevented from healing.
Attributes: Contact
Reasoning: A cruel, EDGY punch that inflicts lasting pain, preventing the victim from being able to focus on healing. Lot of potential for this move to be good but I think the BP, typing, and contact will keep it balanced.

Move Name: Headshot
Category: Special
Type: Dark
Base Power: 120
Max PP: 8
Accuracy: 70%
Effect(s): High critical hit ratio
Effect Chance: -
Attributes: Contact, Biting, Sound, etc.
Reasoning: It's an EDGY Focus blast, but inaccurate because it's aiming specifically for the head as opposed to... fighting energy being unreliable, I guess. Crit rate goes along with obvious weak point targeting.

Ability Name: Finisher
Description: This Pokemon's attacking stats are 1.3x against opponents with 50% HP or less.
Reasoning: This EDGY ability reflects a talent for landing the devastating final hit on opponents.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
more to come later, super glad this mod is back

Move Name: Vengeful Spell
Type: Fairy
Base Power: 150
Accuracy: 100%
Effect(s): At the beginning of the turn, the user begins charging. Fails if the user has not been hit by a direct attack within that time.
Attributes: -3 Priority
Reasoning: In case it needs clarifying, this move works if you get attacked and fails if the opponent misses or uses a status move. This is a parallel to Focus Punch meant to punish some highly spammable moves like U-Turn and Knock Off. For U-Turn an opponent could easily pivot out of this into a resist but that's still a 75 base power + possibly STAB move the incoming mon has to take. Really sucks that Steels and Toxapex exist but you can give your Pokemon coverage options to deal with those if needed for whatever reason. Would also be nice if the Pokemon using this move had good longevity.

Ability Name: Self-Depletion
Description: The user's attacks become 1.3x stronger, but the user loses 1/10th of their max HP per attack.
Reasoning: Turning items into abilities is cool

Move Name: Outage
Category:
4-move-physical.png

Type:
electric.png

Max PP: 16 (base: 10)
Effect(s): Locks the user into the move for 2-3 turns, user becomes confused after those 2-3 turns have passed (Outrage effect)
Reasoning: I've always wondered why often the English words "outage" and "outrage" have various issues around them. People who've learned English as a second language might mispronounce the former as the latter and vice-versa. Now that little grammar nazi-like story is over, why not play with words and give physical Electric-types stuck with the middling Wild Charge as Physical STAB (Electivire, Luxray, Zebstrika, Tapu Koko) a useful Outrage variant to use? Outage is just a letter away from Outrage after all, so it comes to no surprise this physical Electric move behaves like Outrage. Like Outrage, it has an issue with dealing with getting locked onto a target immune to it (Outrage has Fairy, Outage has Ground). Outage has much higher power than Wild Charge, but as with Outrage vs. Dragon Claw, the risky Outrage-based effect Outage has does not make Wild Charge fully obsolete as some mons might rather want the risk of using Wild Charge over the risk of Outage. What's unique is that this move kind of exemplifies the concept behind Mega Manectric's Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon dex entries (even though it's a special attacker kek).

Move Name: Deluge
Category:
4-move-special.png

Type:
water.png

Base Power: 130
Max PP: 8 (base: 5)
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): Always lowers the user's Sp. Atk by 2 stages.
Attributes: N/A
Reasoning: If we can grab moves from Pokémon Uranium, a fangame, it's easy to assume we can do the same with Pokémon Vega, a romhack using Generation III games as a base. Deluge is Water's answer to Fire's Overheat and Grass's Leaf Storm. Like Fire Blast and Overheat, it competes with Hydro Pump. While Hydro Pump forgoes the Sp. Atk drop of Deluge, Deluge has better accuracy and more base power than Hydro Pump, thus often Deluge may be seen on mons with Choice Specs while Hydro Pump sees more splashable (heh) usage on faster Pokémon planning to break holes in opposing teams without access to Speed-boosting moves like Shell Smash/Dragon Dance because at that point they might want Surf instead to make sure that outspeeding their foe for a clean sweep does not get cut short by a Hydro Pump miss.

Ability Name: Shear Spiker
Description: Increases the power of damage-dealing stabbing/needle moves by 30%. (stabbing/needle moves include: Fury Attack (Disturbed Stab), Poison Jab (Poison Stab), Horn Attack (Horn Thrust), Megahorn, Spike Cannon, Pin Missile, Icicle Spear, Fell Stinger, Bolt Beak, Stone Edge, Branch Poke, Glacial Lance, Poison Sting, Twineedle, Smart Strike, Peck)
Reasoning: I feel like abilities that boost the power of slashing/cutting/sword-based moves (Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Slash, Aerial Ace) are too commonly thought of. Using Dungeons & Dragons lingo, how about using piercing damage instead of slashing damage? It was easy to find a good list of moves to benefit from the ability's damage bonus, though trying to find the best amount of increase was quite hard. Iron Fist's 20% felt too weak in modern competitively play and Strong Jaw and Mega Launcher's 50% is a bit too much considering the slightly higher amount of moves being affected by this ability, so a 30% power increase compromise was made. It is quite useful for Bug/Poison-types due to boosting the important Megahorn and Poison Jab (Poison Jab is named Poison Stab in Japanese). While I could see Beedrill and Scolipede having this ability, I'd assume some other mons would want this ability more than these two Bug/Poison-types. Scolipede in particular would rather just use Speed Boost over this ability since Speed Boost is soooo good.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Physical Move
Move Name
: Brutality
Base Power: 40
Accuracy: 80%
Effect(s): This move hits the second time with doubled BP without accuracy check if the first hit is delivered.
Reasoning: Dark-type are known to use any method possible to get the upper hand in term of pragmatic play, like biting, foul playing, swapping items, disarment, telling lies, and attacks that are especially brutal. Why not a powerful move based of the brutal part even further? Brutality can serves as a wallbreaking attack that can break Substitute or Disguise first before landing another, harder blow, giving it a purpose over the too-ubiquitous Knock Off for STAB.

Special Move
Move Name
: Meltdown Blast
Type: Ice
Base Power: 140
Effect(s): Only works if user have Ice-type. User loses Ice-type if successfully used.
Attributes: None
Reasoning: Ice-type is considered by far the worst defensive typing, and it shows. Unlike Burn Out, there is no real overall net loss if used by an Ice-type aside of losing Freeze immunity or Ice resistance. Other Ice-type moves, like Freeze-Dry, still works as normal if Meltdown Blast was used, so Meltdown Blast can be used as a one-per-switchout nuke.

Ability Name: Refraction
Description: User’s Special Defense will be used for Special Moves, and Special Defense stage modifiers such as Amnesia, as well as Assault Vest, will be considered instead of Special Attack stage modifiers.
Reasoning: Makes a Special Defensive Pokémon not-so passive, or a bulky Pokémon that is a master of none, and allows them to make use of ballsy Special coverage. I know Bastiodon would love an Ability of this kind!

Move Name: Suppressing Blow
Base Power: 80
Max PP: 15 (24)
Effect(s): Disables the target's ability until they switch out.
Reasoning: A nice alternative to Knock Off that exchanges removing items to disabling abilities.

Move Name: Caustic Breath
Type: Dragon
Max PP: 10 (16)
Effect(s): Has a 100% chance to lower the target's Def & SpD by 1.
Reasoning: Taken from Pokemon Uranium. Works well for mixed attackers or just a regular attacker who just cares about only one of them lowered.

Ability Name: Pecking Order
Description: Upon switch in, lower the foe's Def by 1. Blocked by all abilities that block intimidate.
Reasoning: Pecking Order from fusion evolution is dangerous.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Move Name: Punishing Wave
Type: Ghost
Effect(s): If the target has any stat change, this move is a critical hit.
Reasoning: Punishes set-up but also synergizes well with things like Intimidate or Sticky Webs.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Move Name: Psionic Strike
Type: Psychic
Base Power: 125
Max PP: 10 (16)
Effect(s): This attack charges on the first turn and executes on the second. Raises the user's Attack by 1 stage on the first turn. If the user is holding a Power Herb, the move completes in one turn.
Reasoning: Yes I know what we are thinking. Omg G-Luke, Meteor Beam clone? Well, I sat and thought about this alot, and I think Psychic physical Meteor Beam can work out fine. Psychic types have zero good physical moves across the board, and I think this option can grant the few physically leaning Psychic types + key coverage users a leg up.

Ability Name: Envious Rage
Description: If the opponent has a stat boost in the user's corresponding highest stat, the user copies the stat boost and goes up by +1.
Reasoning: If this ability is on say Haxorus and it switches in on a Dragon Dance Dragonite, it gets a free +2 in Attack. Distribute responsibly.

Ability Name: Transmuter
Description: This Pokémon's physical moves become special moves and vice versa.
Flavor: To Transmute means to change a form/substance. So, this ability allows the user to change the form of a move to become a different type of attack.
Reasoning: Useful for a Pokémon that has really good special coverage that would want to take advantage of its physical attack vice versa.

Move Name: Fatal Gas
Type:

Max PP: 24
Effect(s): Inflicts the toxic status
Effect Chance: 100%
Attributes: Secondary Effect
Description: User emits a fast-moving poisonous gas that hits adjacent Pokémon.
Reasoning: A 2 in one combo for a gas-based Pokémon. Can be used to break down stronger tanks without having to waste time or an extra slot on the move toxic.

Move Name: Venomous Gnaw
Type:

Base Power: 100
Max PP:16
Accuracy: 95%
Effect(s): Inflicts paralysis
Effect Chance: 30%
Attributes: Biting, Secondary Effect
Description: User bites down on its target with a paralyzing venom. Based off bugs that use paralyzing venom to immobilize their prey before killing them.
Reasoning: There isn't many good bug moves so venomous gnaw could be a pretty good one.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
submission theme: coarse and rough

Move Name: Rock Rush
Type: Rock
Effect(s): If Stealth Rocks are active on the users side, removes them and increases damage dealt by 50%.
Effect Chance: 100% (Because Rocks are always up haha)
Reasoning:
Targeted form of hazard control specifically for Stealth Rocks, condensed into a Rock-type move that isn't complete ass to use. The situational boost in power is nice but not completely reliable either, so you do need STAB and workable Attack to truly threaten in most cases. I could see a lot of existing mons use this but whether they'd be good in a potentially OU-based meta is questionable.

Fun Fact: I had considered naming this Stone Toss. I didn't because then it would be called Stone Toss.

Move Name: Crystallize
Type: Rock
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 90%
Effect(s): Changes the opponent's type to Rock (Works like Soak)
Reasoning:
Two new Rock-type moves because this typing is garbage and needs viable mons to exist. This move takes things a step further by causing the opponent to become said bad typing, allowing you to remove their resistance (or inadvertently, their weakness) to Rock, and get rid of their STAB. Its on the weaker side of 8 PP moves as a result, and gets worsened accuracy.

Ability Name: Serrated Skin
Description: The user's contact moves cause the target to lose 1/10th of their HP.
Reasoning: Damage is weaker than Rough Skin but is added on top of any damage you deal, and can be a lot easier to inflict. I feel this has a lot of synergy with existing moves, but in turn could easily be abused, so be reasonable with whoever gets this.

Glad to see so many subs already! Keep up the good work! Just one issue I saw in a couple of subs so I'm making this announcement:

There is no distribution phase for these moves and abilities. They are going to be the signature move or ability of one pokemon each that we design in the next phase, and that is all. This doesn't require anyone to change their subs, but I thought I'd mention it since a couple of users (G-Luke, leafsaber47) talked about distributing their new elements in their sub. If this is a surprise to you, and you already voted in the poll, then consider whether or not that changes your vote.

Last edited:
me when (i dont know if these fit the slate so let me know if these don't)
Move Name: Corrode
Type: Poison
Max PP: 24
Effect(s): Lowers Target's spdef by 1. 10% Chance to poison.
Reasoning: gives a good coverage move to a typing that is already kinda meh offensivelly, hitting a very good typing (fairy) but then only hitting another one that is just meh (grass), now it can hit steel, wich is a VERY good typing already. was specifically made to fit on a special poison mon that really wants STABs to hit steel types, that way it gets very good coverage on its STABs. Gives poison types a very strong STAB, beeing able to make room for another move to KO the opponent, or to lower the opponent's bulk until they either have to switch out or get KO'd, and yknow beeing able to possibly force out switches is quite good i think? for offensive pokemon.

Move Name: High Voltage
Type: Electric
Effect(s): Lowers user's defenses by 1.
Reasoning: Usually, physical electrics have NOTHING. now the mon that'll get this on step 2 will have something if this gets in. physical electric, of course. with some kind of other STAB to benefit from this new addition.

Ability Name: Ultra Power
Description: This pokemon's Special Attack is doubled.
Reasoning: yeah i think you get it. its INCREDIBLY powerful, after all, its special huge power.
if Ultra Power is too much, i can replace the effect with something else.

Last edited:
Move Name: Corrode
Type: Poison
Max PP: 32
Effect(s): Super Effective on Steel. 10% Chance to poison.
Reasoning: gives a good coverage move to a typing that is already kinda meh offensivelly, hitting a very good typing (fairy) but then only hitting another one that is just meh (grass), now it can hit steel, wich is a VERY good typing already. was specifically made to fit on a special poison mon that really wants STABs to hit steel types, that way it gets very good coverage on its STABs.
This is virtually identical to Acid Punch from V.1, the only difference being that it is Special. I won't veto it but you might want to change it.

Move Name: Obliviate
Type: Dark (Special)
Power: 120
Accuracy: 80
Effect: 10% chance to inflict sleep
Attributes: Non-Contact, Sound
Description: A void opens with vile whispers. Can lull Pokémon to sleep.
Reasoning: Powerful Dark breaker moves don’t really exist for special attackers. Obliviate helps alleviate that issue.

Move Name: Smite
Type: Electric (Physical)
Power: 150
Accuracy: 100
Effect: User begs or prays for power at the start of the turn. If not attacked, will unleash massive powerful sacred thunder force on foe! Will flinch user if attacked and fail.
Reasoning: Bulky Waters beware! You can’t just switch in so freely in the face of the lord of smiting!

Ability Name: Versatility
Effect: Non-STAB moves deal 33% more damage but also reduces damage from moves of the user’s type(s) to 33% as well.
Reasoning: Pray that whoever gets this has a great defensive yet not so great offensive type for they will abuse the power of stronger moves of every other type! In truth to be sort of like a weird counterpart to adaptability I was almost thinking of making this ability remove STAB

Last edited:
legit been staring at this thread and said ykw lets go

Move Name: Earth Pillars
Type: Ground
Max PP: 16 (base 10)
Effect(s): The user attacks the target in the first turn. At the end of the next turn, the target or Pokemon that switched with the target will receive another attack from giant earth pillars rising from the ground. The second hit only hits 60 BP.
Attributes: -
Reasoning: Inspired by Hyrule Warriors. Just like Future Sight and Doom Desire, this could be a great way to threaten the opponent to switch or take the hit. Except you have already dealt damage the first turn which gives it an extra punch. This isn't too broken either as this can easily be cheesed with a flying type switch in. Which means a potential free switch in for you too.

Move Name: Foggy Forest
Type: Grass
Base Power: 95
Accuracy: 85%
Effect(s): The target(s) is/are trapped in an endless forest, lowering their accuracy.
Effect Chance: 50%
Reasoning: Grass moves mainly come with status moves, so it seems fair that Grass would also have a move that can lower accuracy (I am looking at you Ground and Water.)

Ability Name: Scream
Description: Gives priority +3 to sound moves.
Reasoning: Sound moves are pretty powerful, so this might be able to give priority to those mons who have those sound moves to deal damage quicker. It may not be like Punk Rock that boosts sound moves, but depending on the Pokemon it could be great.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Move Name: Earth Pillars
Type: Ground
Base Power: 100
Max PP: 13 (base 10)
Effect(s): The user attacks the target in the first turn. At the end of the next turn, the target or Pokemon that switched with the target will receive another attack from giant earth pillars rising from the ground.
Hey I just want to be clarified on a few things:
Is the first and second hit 100 BP? If so that sounds sorta rediculous, as you don't even have the setup turn for the delayed attack.

Secondly the move should have 16 PP not 13.

Hey I just want to be clarified on a few things:
Is the first and second hit 100 BP? If so that sounds sorta rediculous, as you don't even have the setup turn for the delayed attack.

Secondly the move should have 16 PP not 13.
oh right i forgot to change that since it was hanging around days ago, thanks for reminding me!
second hit will only be 70 BP and PP was supposed to have 16. I just forgot to implement it :smogduck:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Move Name: Targeted Beams
Type: Steel
Base Power: 20
Accuracy: -
Effect(s): Hits 3 times. Has +1 priority.
Reasoning: We need more priority multi-hit moves, and giving Steel-types extra Special coverage would be nice.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Ability Name: Iron Will
Description: The pokemon will survive any hit with at least 1 HP the turn it switches in. (Endure on switch-in).
Reasoning: Grants the user a way to switch in safely for as long as hazards are cleared, which lets it perform various last-ditch effort tasks such as revenge killing or maybe fast recovering.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)