Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

Type-Based
Ability Name: Appropriation
Effect: On switch-in, the user's types to become the same as the current types of the opponent.
Justification: Stealing your opponent’s typing on switch-in. Seems like it could be rather versatile and unique given the right user.

Status-Based
Move Name: Blessing
Category:

Type:

Base Power: ---
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Accuracy: ---
Effect(s): At the end of the next turn, the Pokemon at the user's position has 1/4 of its maximum HP restored, rounded half up, and has its status condition cured.
Effect Chance: NA
Attributes: Same as Wish
Reasoning: Wish but for Jungle Healing idk. Another clerical way aside from Heal Bell/Aromatherapy to cure statuses, while restoring some hp at the same time

Offensive Support
Move Name: Silver Gale
Category:

Type:

Base Power: ---
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Accuracy: ---
Effect(s): Suppresses the Target’s Ability and switches the user out.
Effect Chance: NA
Attributes: Same as Parting Shot minus the Sound flag
Reasoning: Ability Suppression + Pivoting. Initially intended for suppressing defensive abilities for an ally to monopolize on, however this could also serve a greater role than just offensive support, as ability suppression can also serve to disable offensively oriented abilities.

Last edited:
Type-based: Sneak Ahead, Appropiation, Savage Greed
Status-based: Scorched Leaves, Blessing, Curated Fist
Offensive Support: tbd (anaconja’s sub) Jovial Drums, Supply Drop

Voting template so you don’t have to edit the (:) to be unbolded.
Type-based:
Status-based:
Offensive Support:

Type-based: Sneak Ahead, Disruptive Energy, Multifaceted
Status-based: Hibernation, Scorched Leaves (SV), Curated Fist
Offensive Support: Jovial Drums, Supply Drop, Silver Gale

time to do something actually productive on smogon

anyways...
Type-based: Appropriation, Defensive End, Multifaceted
Status-based: Hibernation, Curated Fist, Phantasmic Strike
Offensive Support: Supply Drop, Jovial Drums, Malicious Insurgence

maybe i might submit something to this mod, stay tuned c: [if that ever happens]

Type-based: Jovial Drums, Conversion 3, Disruptive Energy (SV)
Status-based: Multifaceted, Hibernation, Scorched Leaves
Offensive Support: Curated Fist, Silver Gale, Malicious Insurgence

Rasdanation wins the Type-Based category with Appropriation!
Type-Based
Ability Name: Appropriation
Effect: On switch-in, the user's types to become the same as the current types of the opponent.
Justification: Stealing your opponent’s typing on switch-in. Seems like it could be rather versatile and unique given the right user.
PalpitoadChamp wins the Status-Based category with Hibernation!
Name: Hibernation
What?: 1 Status-Based Move or Ability
Effect: This pokemon's Def & SpD are 1.5x when this pokemon is asleep.
Description: Funny ability makes resttalk workish so it is a great unique idea with max hp healing and status immunity.
VoolPool wins the Offensive Support Move category with Jovial Drums!
Move Name: Jovial Drums
Category:
1646609327272.png

Type:
1646694496281.png

Base Power: 0
Priority: 0
Max PP: 16
Accuracy: %
Effect(s): Switches out the user and the replacement gets the effect [Morale Boost], which boosts the power of their next attacking move by 1.3x and prevents them from being statused for 5 turns.
Effect Chance: 100%
Attributes: Sound, Not Bounceable
Reasoning: Offensive pokemon hate status, weather be poison that puts their sweeps on a timer, para which can can completely cripple an offensive Pokémon, or burn which screws over any physical attacker that’s not fire type or has guts. This move lets you fit in safeguard with a pivot move for sweepers of the likes of dragonite and volcarona. The secondary effect of Morale Boost is also great to hit so you get to launch one free life orb boosted attack which is always helpful to break up defensive cores.
-Slate 4 Part 2-
1 Pokemon based on the ability Appropriation
1 pokemon based on the ability Hibernation
1 pokemon based on the move Jovial Drums

Pokemon: Porygon-Z
Typing: Normal
Abilities: Download/Appropriation/Analytic
Stats: HP 80 / Atk 60 / Def 70 / SpA 140 / SpD 70 / Spe 110 (BST: 530)
Movepool Additions
: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Bug Buzz, Dragon Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Air Slash, Energy Ball, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Clear Smog, Power Gem,
Movepool Removals: Nasty Plot
Reasoning: It already has Download, so I feel that the ability fits the theme of Porygon-Z (or really just the Porygon line in general), further more this ability, if Porygon-Z can switch-in to the right Pokemon, can allow Porygon-Z to take advantage of its wide movepool by gaining STAB on moves it typically wouldn't have STAB on. Now, looking at the stats, did I make it a bit unbalanced? Perhaps, but, I mean I don't have that great of a reason for it besides me just wanting to make it better, but in-universe it could be said its creators tried upgrading it to make it this incredibly powerful Pokemon, which thus resulted in it having these stats. As for all the moves, to go with its new ability I thought it should have at least one Special move of each type.

Pokemon: Bewear
Typing: Fairy/Fighting
Abilities: Immunity/Klutz/Hibernation
Stats: HP 140 / Atk 110 / Def 60 / SpA 40 / SpD 60 / Spe 85 (BST: 500)
Movepool Additions
: Cotton Guard, Play Rough, Mach Punch
Movepool Removals: Dragon Claw, Swords Dance, Taunt, Toxic, Shadow Claw, Darkest Lariat
Reasoning: Most of my choices, mainly with Hibernation, are based around the idea of it being a bear, and also it (or more specifically its pre-evolution) being based on a teddy bear, if any of that helps to explain it, additionally I chose it because like the other two this is a lower-tiering mon, as such I wanted to try and give it a buff. Also Hibernation just makes it easier for Bewear to set up as Rest is now more viable and spammable, additionally it already gets Sleep Talk.

Pokemon: Audino
Typing: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Healer/Regenerator/Natural Cure
Stats: HP 115 / Atk 40 / Def 90 / SpA 70 / SpD 90 / Spe 40 (BST: 445)
Movepool Additions
: Recover, Trick, Moonblast, Charm, Will-O-Wisp, Jovial Drums, Belly Drum
Movepool Removals
: Double-Edge, Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Power-Up Punch, Stomping Tantrum, Thunder Punch, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt, Dig, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Retaliate, Take Down, Blizzard, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Psyshock, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Incinerate, Solar Beam
Reasoning: For me I chose Audino because it's the hearing Pokemon and to me it just feels like it fits, besides it really needs a buff, and Jovial Drums certainly helps to solidify its position as a Support Pokemon, plus I think it definitely seems to have good synergy with Audino's Regenerator and (new) Natural Cure ability.

Edit: Two things, first of all I actually imagine Audino using it's belly as a drum, similar, to well Belly Drum (which I'll probably give it now thinking of it, because in a theoretical AG where Baton Pass is legal it could pass on the Belly Drum boost), also for Bewear it just occurred to me there's a joke in there, with how you should never poke a sleeping bear, so you should really beware of Bewear when it's hibernating, if that joke makes sense.

Last edited:
:ss/ursaring:
Pokemon: Usraring
Typing:
1647631563641.png

Abilities: Hibernation
Stats: 110/95/90/75/80/85
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Power Trip, Amnesia
Movepool Removals: Close Combat
Reasoning: Ursaring is considered the hibernation pokemon so naturally I would sub it for this. It also had two other status based abilities, so it fits well. Being a pure normal type, ursaring only has one weakness so restalk sets become much more effective when not constantly being forced out by supereffective moves. It’s access to bulk up gives it a set up option, and facade lets it hit hard while asleep. I lowered its attack so it doesn’t end up functiong as just a breaker, and buffed it’s bulk so it can be as hard to ko while sleeping as possible. I also buffed it’s speed so if it needs to it can rest before an opponent attacks it. Finnaly, I gave it amnesia to make bulk up/amnesia sets a thing, knock to give it some more utility, and power trip to sweep if u can make it alive long enough.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Name: Slumbear
Typing: Normal / Ground
Abilities: Honey Gather / Hibernation | HA: Own Tempo
Stats: 86 HP / 116 Atk / 119 Def / 74 SpA / 89 SpD / 73 Spe
Movepool:
Physical: Return, Earthquake, Facade, Rock Slide, Darkest Lariat, Body Slam, Stomping Tantrum, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Heat Crash
Special: Earth Power, Hyper Voice, Uproar, Psychic
Status: Curse, Bulk Up, Rest, Sleep Talk, Hypnosis, Stealth Rock
+ All Universal Moves
Weight: 370 kg

Slumbear settles in as a bulky Rest Talk wincon or defensive pivot, flexing good natural offenses and defenses, and a typing with merit in both fields.

:ss/kecleon:
Pokemon: Kecleon
Typing: Normal / Steel
Abilities: Color Change | Appropriation
Stats: 75 HP / 95 Atk / 70 Def / 90 SpA / 120 SpD / 100 Spe
Movepool Additions: Dazzling Gleam, Close Combat, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Dragon Dance, Autonomize, U-turn, Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb
Movepool Removals: N/A

Appropriation is kind of wack tbh. Not alot of offensive Pokémon can pull off not having reliable STAB options, so I think having an outstanding movepool and superb stats to help offset that is definitely key. Appropriation CAN be used defensively and done decently well but I wanted the challenge of an offensive user, so I settled on a Pokémon with a big respectful movepool like Kecleon. The typing is just to reduce hazard penalties when swapping in.

Pokemon: Huffletuff
Typing: Fighting / Fairy
Abilities: Natural Cure
Stats: 75 HP / 95 Atk / 78 Def / 95 SpA / 100 SpD / 105 Spe
Movepool: Kerfluffle from CAP's movepool but replace Parting Shot with Jovial Drums

Yes, I use the existing blueprint of fabled CAP Pokémon Kerfluffle, but only because it fits the mold perfectly. That being said, Huffletuff can primarily be used as a solid offensive support Pokémon thanks to its tight but precise support movepool and its strong offensive AND defensive typing.

Last edited:
so ive been, busy for the past week which was why i didnt have time to work on my subs. but here i am now lets g o-

Pokemon Name: Aterrundu
Typing: Fairy/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Natural Cure
Stats: 92/75/95/70/108/60 [500]
Movepool:
-Physical: Drill Peck, Play Rough, Double Edge, Drum Beating, Double Edge, Bounce, Knock Off, Brutal Swing
-Special: Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Magical Leaf, Hyper Voice, Air Cutter
-Status: Jovial Drums, Roost, Toxic, Reflect, Light Screen, Bulk Up, Defog, Agility, Wish, Yawn
+ Universal Moves (Protect, Rest, etc.)
Weight: 0.6 kg
Reasoning: I wanted to try my hand in making a fakemon for once, and also the fact i really did not know who to give Jovial Drums to. The Pokemon is based on the palm cockatoo, hence Fairy/Flying type. It's meant to be a support mon that's able to tank hits and slow pivots to its teammate with Jovial Drums. I'm not sure about giving this thing Regenerator so uh, yeah.

Pokemon: Eevee (not eviolite-compatible)
Typing: Normal
Abilities: Adaptability/Anticipation/Appropriation
Stats: HP 80 / Atk 95 / Def 80 / SpA 95 / SpD 85 / Spe 90 (BST: 525)
Movepool Additions
: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, Bug Buzz, Dragon Pulse, Moonblast, Focus Blast, Air Slash, Energy Ball, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Power Gem, Flame Charge, U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Liquidation, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance
Movepool Removals: -
Reasoning: Look, i can explain- choosing mons for both Appropriation and Hibernation was just, eugh. Eevee transforms based on its environment and all that, so I thought why not give it Appropriation as a way to show it. Which also meant it gets a, Very big addition to its movepool. Will it increase? Who knows at this rate because i do not know either. With boosted stats and two new boosting moves, it'll be able to hit harder.

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Snoorwill (poorwill+snore)
Typing: Dark/Rock
Abilities: Hibernation, Sand Force,Ha: Sand veil
Stats: 130/110/85/67/70/65 Bst:527
Movepool(notable in bold):
-Physical: Knock off,Stone edge, rock slide, Superpower, facade, earthquake, Foul play, Lash out, Facade,
-Special: hyper beam, dark pulse, grass knot, snarl, incinerate, uproar, mud slap, snore
-Status: Toxic, roar, Taunt, Rest, torment, substitute, protect, attract, sleep talk, Hone claws, Stealth rock, Rock polish, Curse, Roost* and Defog.
Weight: .1 kg
Reasoning: really bulky pokemon combined with hibernation that's balanced out by a bad defensive typing that still has some key resistances.
*Based on a bird called the common poorwill.
Pokemon: Clefable
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: No changes
Stats: No changes
Movepool Additions: +Jovial drum
Movepool Removals: none
Reasoning: Clefable is already arguably one of the best wish passers. Jovial drums gives clefable a pivot move that isn't teleport and helps its incoming teammates what more could it want as a utility pokemon
Pokemon: Mew
Typing: Psychic
Abilities: Appropriation
Stats: No changes
Movepool Additions none:
Movepool Removals: none
Reasoning: With how expansive mew’s movepool is I have no doubt that this is perfect ability for it to use. Its 100/100/100 bulk lets it come in on most Pokémon types without any worry which means it will be a good check to a lot of Pokémon based on what moves it is using.

:ss/oricorio:
Pokemon: Oricorio
Typing:

Abilities: Dancer / Appropriation [HA]
Stats: 79 / 61 / 100 / 100 / 82 / 93 [525 BST]
Movepool Additions: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Petal Dance, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Close Combat, Low Sweep, Force Palm, Counter, Reversal, Quick Guard, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon, Hyper Voice, Nasty Plot
Noteworthy Additions Italicized
Movepool Removals: None
Reasoning: Revelation Dance ensures appropriation mon will always have a STAB to utilize, and actually utilizes the move in an interesting and dynamic way. Has a bunch of other special options as well. Appropriation is best for (usually) providing the mon with resists that give it the bulk it to set up with Nasty Plot and utilize its strong coverage to break dents into the opposing team. Places well on the speed tier, only being outsped by Eelektross, Nihilego, and Sharpedo, one of which is rather vulnerable to Oricorio's priority in Vacuum Wave.

:ss/florges:
Pokemon: Florges
Typing:

Abilities: Flower Veil / Grassy Surge [HA]
Stats: 78 / 65 / 68 / 112 / 154 / 75 [552 BST]
Movepool Additions: Jovial Drums
Movepool Removals: Wish
Reasoning: Slightly altered Florges. Loses support via wish, but now gets Gsurge + Jdrums as a combo to support allies both offensively and defensively. idk seemed like a decent idea to try and sub

Voting has begun!

Rules:
-You may select your three favorite submissions, in order of preference
-Your first choice receives three points, your second choice receives two points, and third choice receives one point
-You may self vote, but not as your first choice

Appropriation: :oricorio: :kecleon: :mew:
Hibernation: :snoorwill::ursaring::slumbear:
Jovial Drums: :Florges: :aterunduu: :huffletuff:

Free vote template
Appropriation:
Hibernation:
Jovial Drums:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)