EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Inferno / Earthquake

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Heard y'all have trouble agreeing on our small egg boi. Perhaps I could try my hand at him?

Exeggutor
Type: Grass/Psychic
Stats: 95/95/85/125/75/55 (BST: 530)
Abilities: Chlorophyll/Harvest (HA)
Notable Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Leech Seed, Reflect, Light Screen, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Hidden Power (Fire preferred)
Main Goal: Make Exeggutor a Bulky Special Sweeper which can be utilized in the sun without giving it Drought but is still usable without the sun.

Analysis
Stats and Typing: Exeggutor's typing is...not the greatest defensively, but not the worst. It has an unlucky 7 type weaknesses (including a x4 weakness to Bug) but 6 type resistances. It's stats seems well rounded overall, besides its Speed. Its Special Attack stat is fair for a Special Sweeper, 125 is more than generous. It's Attack stat, 95, is rather odd in my opinion, it doesn't have many physical moves to compliment it, except for Wood Hammer, Zen Headbutt, and various mediocre moves. Even though those moves are good, you'll probably rather want to use Leaf Storm or Psychic/Psyshock because of its higher Special Attack.

NEW STATS: 95/70(-25)/95(+15)/125/90(+10)/55 (BST: 530)

These stats allows Exeggutor to be more bulky against neutral and resistant moves while still having the weight of 7 type weaknesses. I sacrificed a lot of its Attack due to wanting him to be based on Special moves more. Its bad Speed of 55 is fine, as Chlorophyll can patch it up as long as there's sunlight. Its fat 125 Special Attack remains unchanged as I think it's fair. The stats also make him better in the Sun, making it a fast bulky Sweeper (Chlorophyll) or even more bulkier than it already is (Harvest).

Abilities: Since I talked about both of Exeggutor's abilities above, I plan to keep both Chlorophyll and Harvest. It allows it to fulfill its role as a bulky Pokemon who can utilize the sun to its advantage. However, I plan on giving it another ability that doesn't rely on the sun. My plan here is to give it other ability so it isn't exclusive to sun teams, even if it's only a little bit. Here are the options:
Filter: Filter allows Exeggutor to be more bulky when being hit by super effective moves. This however may be overkill as it just simply patches up its major weakness, it's amount of types it's weak to.
Magic Guard: Like Filter, Magic Guard allows Exeggutor to be more bulky, keeping it from getting damaged by status and hazards.
Water Absorb: Once again, Water Absorb makes Exeggutor a more bulky Pokemon to a lesser extent, giving it an immunity to Water making the option of switching it to Water types more safely.
Cloud Nine: Rather than a weather abuser, Cloud Nine makes Exeggutor a weather eliminator.
Drought: fuck you lol

Moves: Exeggutor's moveset is decent, it's enough to allow him to be a good in the sun. Here are some small suggstions.
Calm Mind: Allows Exeggutor to set up and sweep without the use of something like Choice Specs.
Shadow Ball: Allows Exeggutor to be more flexible when facing Pokemon weak to Ghost.
Dazzling Gleam: Same reasoning as above, just replace Ghost with Fairy.
I believe these are enough to help Exeggutor without going overboard.

Example Set:

annoying egg (Exeggutor) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Leaf Storm/Solar Beam
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Substitute/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam

An annoying Exeggutor set that abuses Harvest and the sun just got more annoying. Despite this, its 7 weaknesses, especially Bug (x4 weak) and Fire (powered up in sun) hold it back.

And I'm done! I hope you take these changes to consideration. Expect one on Alolan-Exeggutor soon!

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry for double post, just wanna get this one out of the way. Presenting...
Egg Salad Two: Alolan Boogaloo

Alolan Exeggutor
Type: Grass/Dragon
Stats: 95/105/85/125/75/45 (BST: 530)
Abilities: Frisk/Harvest (HA)
Notable Moves: Dragon Hammer, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Psyshock, Leaf Storm, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, etc.
Main Goal: In contrast to its regular counterpart, make Alolan Exeggutor a better Mixed Sweeper (leaning towards Physical attacking) that doesn't need to rely on other Pokemon's assistance, i.e. weather.

Analysis
Stats and Typing: Tall Egg (referring it as this for the whole analysis) has an interesting typing. It's weak to 6 types (x4 weak to Ice) and resists 4 types. It isn't as dire as Regular Egg's weaknesses, as Tall Egg tends to lend much more towards the offensive. Offensively, Tall Egg's typing is fairly good; Dragon is always a good offensive typing to have. However, its horrid 45 Speed holds it down for any strong super effective move to blow it back. It also has a lot more Physical attacks that Regular Egg can't use, such as Dragon Hammer and the oh-so-powerful Earthquake.

NEW STATS: 95/125(+20)/85/95(-30)/65(-10)/65(+20) (BST: 530)

These stats set apart Tall Egg from Regular Egg enough instead taking 10 base stat from Speed and giving it to Attack. Funnily enough, he become faster than Regular Egg. The Speed stat can be flexible, everything can't be fast, however I took some stats and put it to Attack to separate it from Regular Egg while also still being a decent Mixed Attacker with a respectable 95 Attack. Again, these stats are super flexible, always open to suggestions. These stats also allow him to have a respectable Speed to run Choice Band or Choice Scarf.

Abilities: Tall Eggs abilities are super mediocre. Frisk overall is a very subpar ability; many items are shown almost at the get-go, examples would be Leftovers, Life Orb, and Mega Stones. Harvest is a decent ability, but Regular Egg uses it better. In my opinion the best way to go about this is either only add one extra ability or add two abilities, replacing Frisk for one. These are some options I think will work best:
Reckless/Rock Head: These are grouped together due to have an equal amount of synergy with Dragon Hammer. However with that logic you may as well give Reckless and/or Rock Head to every Pokemon with Flare Blitz, Double Edge, etc.
Skill Link: This is the one I'm the most interested in. It feel Tall Egg flavor-wise but can be great competitively. It already gets Bullet Seed and Barrage, and Rock Blast couldn't hurt, no?
Adaptability: A great ability flavor-wise (adapted to Alolan environment) and competitively, however it's extremely powerful a point where it can't just be thrown around. This could be even more unlikely than Reckless or Rock Head.
Long Reach: A less powerful ability than the ones listed, however it can still have its uses. It's especially useful for avoiding things like Static, Poison Touch, and the like.
Nueroforce: fuck you lol

Moves: Tall Egg's moves are already great, it was honestly just his Speed really holding it back, but a little change couldn't hurt.
Rock Blast: This will only be useful if Skill Link is the ability chosen. It's basically there to give him more options when using Skill Link.
Leaf Blade: This opens an options to use a less powerful move than Wood Hammer without the recoil.
Nothing really else to add, Tall Egg's movepool is already pretty good, no need for a major overhaul.

Example Set:

tall egg monkaS (Exeggutor-Alola) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Long Reach or Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Spe
Naive/Hasty Nature
-Dragon Hammer
-Earthquake
-Wood Hammer
-Draco Meteor/Flamethrower/Filler

Not much to say here, EVs and Nature for Speed plus Scarf allows Tall Egg to be a sort of Revenge Killer or late game Sweeper for clean up.

Again, sorry to double post, but I really wanted this to go out. Cheers!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
ok activity here has kinda stagnated here so here are discussion topics

-pu/nu/ru sample sets/teams
-type: null buff (make it weird and stupid idk)
-secondary effects for alola starter z-moves, pulverizing pancake and soul-stealing seven-star-strike, basically any exclusive z-move without a secondary effect

-pu/nu/ru sample sets/teams
IT'S BUSSINESS TIME

Dusknoir @ Ghostium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak / Power-Up Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch / Shock Wave
- Trick / Defog

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Trick / Defog

Leavanny @ Grassium Z / Buginium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Low Kick / Leafage / Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Swanna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Big Pecks
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet / U-Turn
- Defog / U-Turn

Swanna @ Flynium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Gust/ Roost
- Roost / U-Turn / Defog

Klinklang @ Fightinium Z / Normalium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Rock Smash
- Double Edge / Wild Charge / Explosion
- Shift Gear

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice / Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic / Sheer Cold / Knock Off
- Recover

Aromatisse @ Firium Z / Fairium Z
Ability: Aroma Veil / Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower / Hidden Power Ground

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Lycanium Z / Firium Z
Ability: Hustle / Keen Eye
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Slash / Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Hone Claws / Swords Dance

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z / Electrium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shell Smash
- Wild Charge / Bulldoze
- Outrage / Dragon Claw

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
IT'S BUSSINESS TIME

Dusknoir @ Ghostium Z / Fightinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak / Power-Up Punch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Trick / Defog

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Trick / Defog

Leavanny @ Grassium Z / Buginium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Low Kick / Leafage / Knock Off
- Swords Dance
what's up with the leavanny set? what's with the special evs? lol

Pulverizing Pancake- +1 Speed and foe is paralyzed.
Decidueye’s grounds the foe and traps them.
Incineroar’s raises Attack sharply and taunts the foe.

Here are my ideas. Thoughts?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Pulverizing Pancake- +1 Speed and foe is paralyzed.
Decidueye’s grounds the foe and traps them.
Incineroar’s raises Attack sharply and taunts the foe.

Here are my ideas. Thoughts?
+Speed Snorlax still isn’t that fast, and chances are the target dies anyhow so Para doesn’t matter. What about applying the effect of Gravity?

Astra

talk to me nice
here's my two cents
Sinister Arrow Raid: Able to hit Normal-types. Super effective against Flying-types.
Malicious Moonsault: If the target has atleast one stat buff or debuff in a stat, grants an extra 15 BP to Z-Move. The maximum BP able to be granted is 105 (a change in all regular stats, accuracy and evasion on the target is required).
Oceanic Operetta: The target's Ability is changed to Insomnia for the rest of the match.
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike: If the target faints after this attack, grants 2 stages to Attack and all of the stat buffs the target had.
Pulverizing Pancake: Now requires Body Slam instead of Giga Impact. Super effective against Flying-types and Pokemon with instinctive Levitate. If the target survives, they will be able to be damaged by Ground-types.
Let's Snuggle Forever: Traps the target. If target faints, the Ability Disguise is renewed (if it wasn't broken before).

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
z moves are already overpowered and we're making them even more powerful :o!

but srsly, i dont think we should be making z moves even more powerful then they already are, if i'm wrong correct me, but not everything needs to be changed.
Personally disagree. We're not buffing Z-Moves as a whole, just the signatures, and every signature Z-Crystal is either on an underwhelming Pokemon (like Incineroar, Snorlax) or is outdone by other items (like Specs Primarina, LO / Ghostium Mimikyu). The only exception I can think of is Double Dance Mew.

I know a lot of Pokemon got buffs, but it'd be cool to see every signature Z-Move get some competitive usage, and they're not gonna break the Pokemon. It's just gonna be a nice buff for the few Pokemon that get them.

Astra

talk to me nice
imo signature moves should be more than just the regular z-move of their type but slightly stronger and instead have something that distinguishes them

i like estronic's ideas so far
i agree, not really too much of a "special" move if it just adds 150 BP to a move and ignores an accuracy check
im curious, which ones mine are you fond of?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
i agree, not really too much of a "special" move if it just adds 150 BP to a move w/o an accuracy check
im curious, which ones mine are you fond of?
i like pulverizing pancake, malicious moonsault, and let's snuggle forever, however, sssss seems broken, and oceanic operetta seems redundant since you'll likely have the foe koed/at low hp after the move is used anyway

Astra

talk to me nice
i like pulverizing pancake, malicious moonsault, and let's snuggle forever, however, sssss seems broken, and oceanic operetta seems redundant since you'll likely have the foe koed/at low hp after the move is used anyway
i agree about sssss being broken, and you have a good point on oceanic operetta. i tried to keep these z-moves effects not just a flat stat boost or something, and i chose the ability change cuz oceanic operetta is probably loud as fuck so you cant sleep lol

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter / Technician
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack / Swift
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psyshock
- Trick / Healing Wish

Mr. Mime @ Psychium Z
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Swift
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Ariados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic Thread
- Knock Off
- Leech Life

Ariados (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Touch
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic Thread
- Sticky Web
- Leech Life

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Reactions: pqs

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
HOLY GRADADINKA NEW CFM UPDATE

Porygon-Z now gets access to Flail
Poison Tail; chance to toxic poison reduced from 50% to 30%

Constrict:Poison/Special; 80BP, 100% Accurate; 10PP; traps, 20% chance to lower Speed
No longer learned by Spinarak and Drifloon lines

Several move updates:
Shadow Bone: 90BP, 100% Accurate; 20% chance to lower Attack
Shadow Claw: 85BP, 20% chance to lower Defence
Leaf Blade: 100BP, 95% Accurate; high crit-rate

Hyper Cutter: gives contact moves a 20% chance to raise Attack
Anorith/Armaldo: Vice Grip
Hoppip line: Pay Day

Changes to Z-Moves:
Sinister Arrow Raid: Ghost/Physical; 180BP;Traps the target
Oceanic Operetta: Water/Special; 180BP (to put it on par with SAR and MM); sound-based
Darkest Lariat: Dark/Physical; 90BP, 100% Accurate; +20 BP for every stat boost the target has, maxes at 250
Malicious Moonsault: Dark/Physical; 180BP; +20 BP for every stat boost the target has, maxes at 500
Let's Snuggle Forever: Fairy/Physical; 190BP; 30% chance to lower the target's Attack
SS7SS: Ghost/Physical; 195BP; steals the target's stat boosts

All new USUM Egg moves (bar T-Spikes on the Shelmet line) have been correctly added

Drill Peck: 85BP(+5), 100% Accurate; 20% chance to lower the target's Defence; PP lowered from 20 to 10

Grass Knot no longer makes contact
Sceptile: no longer has access to Draco Meteor

Night Slash:100BP, 95% Accurate; high-crit rateNo longer accessible to:Diglett and Dugtrio (both variants), Mankey and Primeape, Heracross, Teddiursa and Ursaring, Skarmory, Sceptile, Torchic line, Slakoth line, Sharpedo, Corphish and Crawdaunt, Kricketune, Shinx line, Stunky and Skuntank, Yanmega, Oshawott line, Dwebble line, Cryogonal, Cubchoo line, Heatmor line, Inkay and Malamar, Xeneas

Piplup line: Early Bird Big PecksNow gets access to Air Slash

Mega Gardevoir:
Stats: 80/85/80/150/130/105 (630)
New moves: Hyper Meme, Dark Pulse, Recover, Heart Swap, Barrier, Swords Dance

Gallade:
New moves: Barrier, Heart Swap, Recover (since Gardevoir gets these too)

Aeroblast:No longer has an increased critical-hit ratio, unless used by LugiaIf the user is Lugia: 100BP, 95% Accurate; +2 critical-hit ratio (one stage higher than normal high-crit moves)

enjoy

EVEN MORE CHANGES!!!!

Various changes to move PP:
Mist Ball & Luster Purge: 5 -> 10
Parabolic Charge: 20 -> 10
Phantom Force: 5 -> 10
Poison Sting: 35 -> 20
Power Gem: 20 -> 15
Psycho Boost: 5 -> 10
Sacred Fire: 5 -> 10
Shadow Force: 5 -> 10
Shadow Punch: 20 -> 10
Sky Attack: 5 -> 15
Wing Attack: 35 -> 20

Moxie: If the target was at over 75% health: +2 to higher stat; if they were at or below 25% health, no boost; otherwise, +1

Beast Boost (adjustment): No boost if the target was already at 25% health or less

Drill Peck: 85BP(+5), 100% Accurate; 20% chance to lower the target's Defence; PP lowered from 20 to 10

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
EVEN MORE CHANGES!!!!

Pidgeot: 80/94/70(+5)/80/60/101 (485)
Pidgeot-Mega: 80/84/80(+5)/140/80/121(585)
Fearow: 80(-10)/105/65(+5)/40(+10)/85/110(485)
Talonflame: 78/81/70(+10)/60(-5)/70/126(485)

Mr. Meme has FINALLY been updated:
Stats: 70(+30) / 45 / 65 / 103(+3) / 107(-13) / 95(+5) (485(+25))
Typing: Psychic/Normal
No new Abilities
Notable Moves:
Swift, Tri-Attack, Uproar

Silvally can now learn Dragon Pulse as a Tutor move.

Xurkitree now has access to Giga Drain and Parabolic Charge.

Psycho Cut: 100BP, 95% Accurate; high critical-hit rate. No longer accessible to Meditite/Medicham.

Escavalier: Abilities: Swarm / Justified / No Guard
New moves: Gyro Ball, Sacred Sword, Stone Edge

Bestow: Normal/Physical, 40BP; replaces target's item with the users.

Justified: On being hit by a Dark-type move, reduces the damage taken by 50% and boosts the higher of Atk/Sp. Atk by one stage.

Silvally adjustment: ・Stats: 91(+12) / 100(-1) / 85(-4) / 100(-1) / 85(-4) / 109(-2) (570)

Type: Null temporary adjustment: ・Stats: 81(-14) / 75(-20) / 85(-10) / 75(-20) / 85(-10) / 89(+30) (490(-44))

Absol:
Stats: Speed 90(+15)
New moves: Sacred Sword, Dazzling Gleam

Mega-Absol: ・Stats: Attack 165(+15)
Typing: Dark / Fairy

Volcarona:
Abilities: Flame Body / Swarm / Drought
No longer gets access to Morning Sun

Tier Changes:
Passimian: PU -> NU
Walrein: PU -> RU
Blastoise: RU -> NU
Carnivine: NU -> PU
Drapion: UU -> RU
Pichu-S: UU -> RU
Primeape: NU -> PU

Simisage: Stats: 75 / 95 / 80 / 85 / 60 / 105 (500)
Abilities: Overgrow / Sap Sipper / Anger Point
New Moves: Power Whip, Blaze Kick, Swords Dance, Aqua Tail

Simisear: Stats: 75 / 90 / 65 / 90 / 65 / 115 (500)
Abilities: Blaze / Flash Fire / Gluttony
New Moves: Scald, Swords Dance

Simipour: Stats: 75 / 85 / 60 / 95 / 80 / 105 (500)
Abilities: Torrent / Storm Drain / Hydration
New Moves: Swords Dance, Liquidation

Since we rearranged the fully-evolved forms' stats, we took the liberty of tidying up the base forms' stats appropriately (they also have access to all new moves):

Pansage:
Stats: 50/55/50/50/45/65 (315)
Pansear: Stats: 50/50/45/50/45/75 (315)
Panpour: Stats: 50/50/45/55/50/65(315)
Simisage, Simisear and Simipour get access to Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon, respectively.

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's stats have been reverted to their vanilla ones.

Various changes to move PP:
Mist Ball & Luster Purge: 5 -> 10
Parabolic Charge: 20 -> 10
Phantom Force: 5 -> 10
Poison Sting: 35 -> 20
Power Gem: 20 -> 15
Psycho Boost: 5 -> 10
Sacred Fire: 5 -> 10
Shadow Force: 5 -> 10
Shadow Punch: 20 -> 10
Sky Attack: 5 -> 15
Wing Attack: 35 -> 20

Moxie: If the target was at over 75% health: +2 to higher stat; if they were at or below 25% health, no boost; otherwise, +1

Beast Boost (adjustment): No boost if the target was already at 25% health or less

with the exception of beast boost, moxie and move pp changes, all of these have been listed on this thread in the past. woops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)