Cool Funky Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Pretty cool mod imo. Can't say I agree with every changes, but most of them seem pretty cool (Specially Silvally)

Could you consider giving Illuminate to Ultra Necrozma? I know it's pretty useless, but I think a giant dragon made of light can, indeed, Illuminate things very well.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pretty cool mod imo. Can't say I agree with every changes, but most of them seem pretty cool (Specially Silvally)

Could you consider giving Illuminate to Ultra Necrozma? I know it's pretty useless, but I think a giant dragon made of light can, indeed, Illuminate things very well.
If we can figure out a way to give transformations/alternate forms multiple possible abilities, then maybe. Also, Illuminate is not entirely useless: In CFM, it lowers the accuracy of opposing super-effective moves by 30%.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Can somebody explain to me why Phero has Stamina, Buzzwole has Pixilate (they seem to be swapped..?), and why the eye-less Nihilego has compound eyes? Also Celesteela with mummy sounds cancer+doesn't make much sense, what about Heatproof seeing as its a rocket

Can somebody explain to me why Phero has Stamina, Buzzwole has Pixilate (they seem to be swapped..?), and why the eye-less Nihilego has compound eyes? Also Celesteela with mummy sounds cancer+doesn't make much sense, what about Heatproof seeing as its a rocket
As discussed earlier in the thread, the abilities are nonsense on purpose. I suggested swapping Phero and Buzzwole's abilities but papa said no.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
As discussed earlier in the thread, the abilities are nonsense on purpose. I suggested swapping Phero and Buzzwole's abilities but papa said no.
well that's kinda lame seeing as on the discord server I've seen many suggested changes being rejected for not fitting flavor when we have things like sturdy special attacker Archeops but w/e

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
well that's kinda lame seeing as on the discord server I've seen many suggested changes being rejected for not fitting flavor when we have things like sturdy special attacker Archeops but w/e
Lemme step in to explain why this is.

While we usually try to stay flavorful with our buffs, we sometimes make exceptions to this for Pokemon so astoundingly awful that they need much, MUCH more than a flavor buff to succeed in any tier. Examples of this include Delibird, Regigigas, Unown and Farfetch'd. Another goal in CFM is to try to give every Pokemon a unique niche or a role to fill, something that perhaps I didn't make clear enough in the OP. Archeops is the only fossil that can claim to be a fast special attacker, while most others are bulky attackers or walls. Also, physical Archeops is good, albeit having poor longevity:

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 184-217 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Lemme step in to explain why this is.

While we usually try to stay flavorful with our buffs, we sometimes make exceptions to this for Pokemon so astoundingly awful that they need much, MUCH more than a flavor buff to succeed in any tier. Examples of this include Delibird, Regigigas, Unown and Farfetch'd. Another goal in CFM is to try to give every Pokemon a unique niche or a role to fill, something that perhaps I didn't make clear enough in the OP. Archeops is the only fossil that can claim to be a fast special attacker, while most others are bulky attackers or walls. Also, physical Archeops is good, albeit having poor longevity:

252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 184-217 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If you don’t mind me me asking, why did you chose to nerf some Pokémon like Florges?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Challenge: Try to buff these useless fuckers

We've tried in the past and failed. They're just so... boring. The only thing we have come up with so far is giving them Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon respectively. If you can come up with anything better, feel free to post it.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
First off, whatever you do with moves and abilities, give them starter stats first (525 to 535 range).
Here's my suggestion. What if Fire/Grass/Water Pledges activated if the user has Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow respectively? Simisage would get Water Pledge, combined with Overgrow, lets it set up Swamp effect. Simisear would get Grass Pledge, combined with Blaze, lets it set up Sea of Fire effect. Simipour would get Fire Pledge, combined with Torrent, lets it set up Rainbow effect. With that they'd get new coverage + good effects.
A simpler addition would be Belly Drum. They all share Gluttony, and Belly Drum makes Gluttony sets viable. (I see you've already made Heatmor a mono-Fire Belly Drum+Gluttony user. Could be a problem since it's much better than Simisear).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Lemme respond to your suggestions

They already have the elemental hyper beams lol. Give them +20 speed and Tail Glow imo
we are not giving them tail glow, case closed

First off, whatever you do with moves and abilities, give them starter stats first (525 to 535 range).
Here's my suggestion. What if Fire/Grass/Water Pledges activated if the user has Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow respectively? Simisage would get Water Pledge, combined with Overgrow, lets it set up Swamp effect. Simisear would get Grass Pledge, combined with Blaze, lets it set up Sea of Fire effect. Simipour would get Fire Pledge, combined with Torrent, lets it set up Rainbow effect. With that they'd get new coverage + good effects.
A simpler addition would be Belly Drum. They all share Gluttony, and Belly Drum makes Gluttony sets viable. (I see you've already made Heatmor a mono-Fire Belly Drum+Gluttony user. Could be a problem since it's much better than Simisear).
Now this I can get behind. One of our ideas at one point was to make abilities that could auto-summon the pledge effects. However, this was scrapped since we didn't know what abilities to make like this, and we didn't want to give all the starters a change like this. also no to belly drum

Yes. Give them a way to create Pledge effects. Those need a way to exist in singles.

They're also partially based n the See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys.

So! More Abilities! Give all three Justified. Give one Soundproof (Simisage), another Illuminate (Simisear) and the third Liquid Voice (Simipour)

Challenge: Try to buff these useless fuckers

We've tried in the past and failed. They're just so... boring. The only thing we have come up with so far is giving them Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon respectively. If you can come up with anything better, feel free to post it.
Simisear

Simisear base stats. Suggestions for buffs:
75/98/73(+10)/133(+35)/73(+10)/141(+40)
HP/Atk/Def/Spa/Spd/Spe
Although this def won't make it OU viable(imo), this could give it a good use in the lower tiers. Not very bulky, but atleast it's decent. . Also, it's a monkey, why is it not faster?
-Gluttony
+Drought
(maybe not drought, idk.)
Simisage

1518496191045.png

Simisage base stats. Suggestions for buffs:
75/133(+35)/73(+10)/98/73(+10)/141(+40)
Basically just the same as Simisear, but physical.
New Moves
+Swords Dance
+Leaf Blade
Abilities
-Gluttony
+Chlorophyll
or
+Grassy Surge
Simipour
i dont feel like writing this for simipour like i did with the other ones, but here's my suggestions:
make it a mixed attacker(maybe around 115 for each attacking stat?), give it celebrate so it can run Z-Celebrate(+2 Sp.Atk, +2 Atk) too. that's all,

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Simisear

Simisear base stats. Suggestions for buffs:
75/98/73(+10)/133(+35)/73(+10)/141(+40)
HP/Atk/Def/Spa/Spd/Spe
Although this def won't make it OU viable(imo), this could give it a good use in the lower tiers. Not very bulky, but atleast it's decent. . Also, it's a monkey, why is it not faster?
-Gluttony
+Drought
(maybe not drought, idk.)
Simisage

View attachment 101715
Simisage base stats. Suggestions for buffs:
75/133(+35)/73(+10)/98/73(+10)/141(+40)
Basically just the same as Simisear, but physical.
New Moves
+Swords Dance
+Leaf Blade
Abilities
-Gluttony
+Chlorophyll
or
+Grassy Surge
Simipour
i dont feel like writing this for simipour like i did with the other ones, but here's my suggestions:
make it a mixed attacker(maybe around 115 for each attacking stat?), give it celebrate so it can run Z-Celebrate(+2 Sp.Atk, +2 Atk) too. that's all,
As badass as this would be, I'm gonna have to say no. First off, those stat buffs are way too much: It brings the monkeys up to 593 BST, almost as much as a pseudo-legendary. Also, Drought is kinda lazy and overdone, and we do not intend to give more than one non-Tapu each respective Surge. The new moves for Simisage could work out, though.

Yes. Give them a way to create Pledge effects. Those need a way to exist in singles.

They're also partially based n the See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys.

So! More Abilities! Give all three Justified. Give one Soundproof (Simisage), another Illuminate (Simisear) and the third Liquid Voice (Simipour)
Shouldn't Simisear get Soundproof and Simisage get Illuminate? Other than that, neat ideas! Maybe Illuminate could work out for SD Simisage...

I was
As badass as this would be, I'm gonna have to say no. First off, those stat buffs are way too much: It brings the monkeys up to 593 BST, almost as much as a pseudo-legendary. Also, Drought is kinda lazy and overdone, and we do not intend to give more than one non-Tapu each respective Surge. The new moves for Simisage could work out, though.

Shouldn't Simisear get Soundproof and Simisage get Illuminate? Other than that, neat ideas! Maybe Illuminate could work out for SD Simisage...
I was just thinking Illuminate made more sense on a Fire type, but that's fine as well.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)