X&Y LITTLE CUP VICTIM OF THE WEEK (Week 5, SD Gligar) (SEE POST 207)

Shoop de Wooper

Wooper @ Eviolite
Ability : Unaware
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Attack / 156 Defense
Relaxed Nature ( +Defense, -Speed )
- Earthquake / Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Recover
- Curse

Easy. Switch Wooper in while Dwebble shell smashes. Unaware makes Dwebble Wooper's bitch.

236+ Atk Dwebble Rock Blast vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Unaware Wooper: 1-2 (4 - 8%) -- possibly the worst move ever
236+ Atk Dwebble Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Unaware Wooper: 6-8 (24 - 32%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Unaware Wooper: 7-10 (28 - 40%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO
236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Unaware Wooper on a critical hit: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO

Meanwhile, unboosted Wooper:

76 Atk Wooper Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
76 Atk Wooper Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 14-20 (66.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moves and EVs are simple. Max HP and two points in defense to reduce a lot of damage, while also being able to drop a point in attack! Curse to make the damage even more laughable, since even if Dwebble crits it'll only do 60% at most. Recover is to shrug off the damage; since it'll heal 50%, it can comfortably recover off pretty much any damage. Earthquake hits Dwebble neutrally, Waterfall super effectively. Ground / Ice has pretty amazing coverage though, ask Mamoswine. Only Surskit and Bronzor resist the two. Besides you won't be one shotting this Dwebble anytime soon thanks to it's sturdy and berry juice, so just patiently whacking it with earthquake will pay off in the end.

Wooper's suspectible as fuck to grass types and special attackers though, but this thing puts Dwebble at a dead stop.

Damn how badly I wanted to put a mold breaker user but hard to tank +2 attacks sometimes.

Last edited:
Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 220 HP / 184 Atk / 52 SDef / 20 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Circle Throw
- Parting Shot
- Crunch

Pancham works excellently as a counter to Dwebble because of Mold Breaker and Stone Edge. If you switch in as it Shell Smashes, you OHKO it 100% of the time with Stone Edge because of the defense drop Shell Smash causes. :) If you switch in on a m ove other than Shell Smash, its better to use Crunch or Circle Throw, because you rarely OHKO Dwebble without the defense drop.

This is abuot as hard a counter as I can find. And it's also a pretty solid Pancham set outside of countering Dwebble!

Boring, but effective:

Meditite @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

In the same vein as Squirtle, but here's how it works: If Dwebble uses Shell Smash as Meditite switches in, use Fake Out (which does 28.5% max, so it won't activate Berry Juice) and Bullet Punch to KO. Bullet Punch does 100% minimum, so if Sturdy's already broken just go for that right away. If Dwebble attacks as Meditite comes in, it can do a maximum of 78.9% with X-Scissor or 5 max hits of Rock Blast. Meditite hits 16 Speed, so it outspeeds Adamant Dwebble. Use Fake Out to break Sturdy and then Drain Punch (which does 100% minimum) to KO and gain a lot of health back in the process. Even with a max damage roll on X-Scissor, LO recoil from Fake Out, and Stealth Rock damage, Meditite will have 2 HP remaining before Drain Punching. Assuming Dwebble begins at full health, Meditite will have at least 10 HP remaining, with 13 or 14 much more likely.

Note: This Meditite could potentially lose the speed tie to Jolly Dwebble and get 2HKO'd by X-Scissor. You could instead use Eviolite, an Impish nature, and move the Speed EVs to HP. This beats both Adamant and Jolly Dwebble.

Last edited:
I was going to pick something clever like Onix, but the best counter with the best longevity is:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Renegerator (why it's the best counter)
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Jump Kick

I mean it doesn't matter what it switches in on. If it comes in on Shell Smash, Mienfoo only takes 12-13 from EQ and it can Fake Out + Stone Edge/Jump Kick to kill it.

Even if you suck balls and think it's a stupid hazard Dwebble and let it get to +4, you can Fake Out + Drain Punch without getting KOed.

If Dwebble predicts you and hits you with Earthquake you can just lol @ it and use whatever move you want to beat it.

Main selling point: Even if it switches out, you fully heal ALL Earthquake damage with Regenerator meaning you can counter this all game as long as you have more than ~35% HP when you switch out unlike all of the other counters who aren't 100% permanent.

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

so it's not the most reliable in the world but Shellder can switch into Dwebble as it smashes and will always KO a -1 Dwebble with Rock Blast, even after berry juice heals. Dwebble has to hit 5 times to KO Shellder with Rocks. Without rocks it must get 1 crit (6.25% chance) or one high damage roll (another 6.25% chance). Basically, Shellder wins almost all of the time.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Shellder.

(Nvm corkscrew beat me to it).

Reserving Minccino.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok I was going to do Drilbur, but it can't win. Instead, I'm doing Snover. n_n no I'm not because I just realized Custap Berry is unreleased!

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 12 Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

The last move two moves don't really matter, but it does make Bronzor minutely more reliable. Flash Cannon does enough to OHKO -1 Dwebble after Sturdy has been broken, and Earthquake is your way of breaking it without triggering Berry Juice.

If you switch into Dwebble as it uses Shell Smash from full:
4 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dwebble: 14-20 (66.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you switch into X-Scissor, and it doesn't Smash:
4 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 5-6 (23.8 - 28.5%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO
4 SpA Bronzor Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dwebble: 14-20 (66.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now obviously in the above calcs, 5+14 doesn't add up to 21, Dwebble's HP stat, but the odds of not KOing with the combination of the two is 6.25%, which are pretty comfortable odds for me! Even then, defensively, you're holding up just fine:

252+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO

And at +2, it has an incredibly small chance of 2HKOing:
+2 252+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 220 HP / 228+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO

\o/

I might be missing something here, but I don't think I am. This was the most viable counter I could find that was actually remotely viable and not already taken.

tbh I should have just YOLO'd the shit out of this and posted Confuse Ray / Hypnosis / Flash Cannon / Endure @ Berry Juice or something.

Last edited:
Boring, but effective:

Meditite @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

In the same vein as Squirtle, but here's how it works: If Dwebble uses Shell Smash as Meditite switches in, use Fake Out (which does 28.5% max, so it won't activate Berry Juice) and Bullet Punch to KO. Bullet Punch does 100% minimum, so if Sturdy's already broken just go for that right away. If Dwebble attacks as Meditite comes in, it can do a maximum of 78.9% with X-Scissor or 5 max hits of Rock Blast. Meditite hits 16 Speed, so it outspeeds Adamant Dwebble. Use Fake Out to break Sturdy and then Drain Punch (which does 100% minimum) to KO and gain a lot of health back in the process. Even with a max damage roll on X-Scissor, LO recoil from Fake Out, and Stealth Rock damage, Meditite will have 2 HP remaining before Drain Punching. Assuming Dwebble begins at full health, Meditite will have at least 10 HP remaining, with 13 or 14 much more likely.

Note: This Meditite could potentially lose the speed tie to Jolly Dwebble and get 2HKO'd by X-Scissor. You could instead use Eviolite, an Impish nature, and move the Speed EVs to HP. This beats both Adamant and Jolly Dwebble.
+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Meditite: 22-27 (115.7 - 142.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
KOes on switch or if you opt to use Drain Punch. I'd say your listed set isn't a great answer.

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 196 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Meditite: 15-18 (68.1 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
These EVs are much better, but I would certainly say you wouldn't be using Meditite right at this point.

reserving onix LOL

nvm doesn't work (only with endure but endure is for fgts)

looking for another mon, will edit this post when i found it

reserving riolu

nvm riolu don't learn knock off such piece of shit

ok reserving seel, for real

Seel @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Def / 236 HP / 36 SDef
Impish Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Fake Out
- Icicle Spear
- Aqua Tail

you win gg.

seel is really bulky, 65/55/70 is like seriously really good.

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 236 HP / 236+ Def Seel: 18-22 (69.2 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ain't got nuthin.

you fake out+aqua jet/aqua tail ftw.

why would you give dwebble a free setup turn tho. and no sr. such noob player we have to make up for

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Meditite: 22-27 (115.7 - 142.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
KOes on switch or if you opt to use Drain Punch. I'd say your listed set isn't a great answer.

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 196 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Meditite: 15-18 (68.1 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
These EVs are much better, but I would certainly say you wouldn't be using Meditite right at this point.
err... fake out+bullet punch KO. if it uses shell smash on the switch in, dwebble won't even be hitting meditite.

Rowan

The professor?
I was kinda just pointing out how dp won't be a good thing to use I suppose.
If you read the post fully unitard lists the possible scenerios of what to do if Dwebble attacks or uses Shell Smash. Unless a crit happens, Meditite will not lose the match up.

How about Good ol' Smogon?

109.png

Koffing @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 196 SAtk / 36 HP
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Clear Smog

With this setup you can easily switch in on any of Dwebble's attacks, being immune to EQ, and taking minimal from everything else. Rock Blast has a .1% chance 4HKO so it can usually survive one of those, X-Scissor is a 99% chance to 4HKO so that aint doing anything.

Fireblast will OHKO Dwebble, but Pain Split is there for a form of recovery, WoW is great to cripple other physical attackers, and Clear Smog allows Koffing to switch in on my setup sweepers and clean them out.

Thanks to good typing, Levitate, and Physical bulk, Koffing can switch into plenty of resisted attacks to check and cripple many mons

Some Damage calcs.
+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 36 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Koffing: 5-6 (23.8 - 28.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble Rock Blast vs. 36 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Koffing: 4-6 (19 - 28.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO

Note that On Rock Blast even if it hit 5x, each hit deals 4dmg outside of a crit, so without a crit Koffing stays at 1HP since it has 21 with 36 HP EV and can proceed to Fireblast it.

Last edited:
if rock blast hits 5 times after shell smash, you're dead. also shell smash only lowers defenses by 1 stage, but your calcs have -2 dwebble

I mean it doesn't matter what it switches in on. If it comes in on Shell Smash, with 0 EVs in defense, Mienfoo only takes 10-11 and it can Fake Out + Stone Edge to kill it. If you don't like Stone Edge (which you should in a metagame with Yanma) you can technically just spam Drain Punch because you take 10-11 from +2 Earthquake and do 16-18 with Drain Punch, meaning you heal 8-9. This means that EQ is effectively doing 1-2 damage and it gives you a reasonable chance to KO with Fake Out + Drain Punch on the first turn so it would look like this:
I would just like to point out

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 11-14 (52.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14)
Now if you are running stone edge on your meinfoo (which like you said, you should be), then its still a 100% counter (uhh... 80% counter... freaking stone miss) but your drain punch situation changes.

You Fake out Break sturdy, dwebble is at 17-18 HP
Dwebble does EQ your at 7-10 HP, Drain punch does:
236+ Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19) meaning half the time Drain punch will just activate its berry juice.

Now if you continue down the list of drain punch vs EQ either one can come out on top, largely depending on who gets the better damage rolls. I believe mienfoo will usually come out on top but not 100% of the time.

In any event, I dont want to make it look like I dislike the mienfoo, because Like you say Regenerator makes it able to continue switching in forever. You may just want to point out how important stone edge is to the set.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ok I was going to do Drilbur, but it can't win. Instead, I'm doing Snover. n_n no I'm not because I just realized Custap Berry is unreleased!

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 12 Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

The last move two moves don't really matter, but it does make Bronzor minutely more reliable. Flash Cannon does enough to OHKO -1 Dwebble after Sturdy has been broken, and Earthquake is your way of breaking it without triggering Berry Juice.

If you switch into Dwebble as it uses Shell Smash from full:
4 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If you switch into X-Scissor, and it doesn't Smash:
4 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 5-6 (23.8 - 28.5%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO

Now obviously in the above calcs, 5+14 doesn't add up to 21, Dwebble's HP stat, but the odds of not KOing with the combination of the two is 6.25%, which are pretty comfortable odds for me! Even then, defensively, you're holding up just fine:

252+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 6-7 (24 - 28%) -- 22.8% chance to 4HKO

And at +2, it has an incredibly small chance of 2HKOing:
+2 252+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 220 HP / 228+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 10-13 (40 - 52%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO

\o/

I might be missing something here, but I don't think I am. This was the most viable counter I could find that was actually remotely viable and not already taken.

tbh I should have just YOLO'd the shit out of this and posted Confuse Ray / Hypnosis / Flash Cannon / Endure @ Berry Juice or something.
Yeah, but if dwebble smashes twice, you'll just bring it to berry juice, and it'll get two free x-scissor hits that will 2HKO.

I would just like to point out

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 11-14 (52.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14)
Now if you are running stone edge on your meinfoo (which like you said, you should be), then its still a 100% counter (uhh... 80% counter... freaking stone miss) but your drain punch situation changes.

You Fake out Break sturdy, dwebble is at 17-18 HP
Dwebble does EQ your at 7-10 HP, Drain punch does:
236+ Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19) meaning half the time Drain punch will just activate its berry juice.

Now if you continue down the list of drain punch vs EQ either one can come out on top, largely depending on who gets the better damage rolls. I believe mienfoo will usually come out on top but not 100% of the time.

In any event, I dont want to make it look like I dislike the mienfoo, because Like you say Regenerator makes it able to continue switching in forever. You may just want to point out how important stone edge is to the set.
I could probably change the EVs around, I dunno why my calcs were showing less. I changed the last move to make it basically 100% counter. It's ironic that Mienfoo actually does better if it's against Dwebble with 2 smashes because of Drain Punch heals.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LOL SO I KNOW THE RULES (ilu electro :D)

Tesshiido @ Berry Juice
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 88 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 184 SDef
impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Seed

so you can come in on everything, it cant ohko you at all. use thunderwave, then bullet seed to get rid of berry juice / sr if he didnt use smash. yyou give it iron barbs damage, broke its sturdy and its slow as hell. and if it switched out then it gets stealth rocked and it can one shot things. yeah eviolite is 2hkoed so eviolite ferro is better agiainst everything but this one moment so yeah its fun. it actually wins on all the switches unlike the last stuff

36 Atk Ferroseed Bullet Seed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 3-4 (14.2 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 88 HP / 188+ Def Ferroseed: 16-19 (72.7 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 88 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 12-15 (54.5 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Scraggy can come in on any attack OR the smash and win. just Fake Out+Stone Edge
When Scraggy comes in on an attack:
-1 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Scraggy: 7-10 (33.3 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 236+ Atk Dwebble Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Scraggy: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO
-1 236+ Atk Dwebble Rock Blast vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Scraggy: 1-2 (4.7 - 9.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever (When hit 5 times, there is a 0,00009537% chance for it to lose 10 hp/21)

While Scraggy returns with a:
236 Atk Scraggy Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 2-2 (9.5 - 9.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
236 Atk Scraggy Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (Combined with Fake Out a 10/16 chance to KO)

Which is a chance, but lets be honest, who doesnt go for the smash immediatly with Dwebble.

If Scraggy comes in on the smash, most likely situation to happen, this is what happens:

*Scraggy switches in*
Dwebble use Shell Smash.

236 Atk Scraggy Fake Out vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 2-3 (9.5 - 14.2%) -- possible 7HKO
Dwebble flinched.

+1 236+ Atk Dwebble X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Scraggy: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

236 Atk Scraggy Stone Edge vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 24-30 (114.2 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Dweblle fainted.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 156 SDef / 92 Def / 244 HP
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Defensive Tirtouga is a pro, this spread wins in almost every scenario (it does have a 17% chance to lose if you switch in to Earthquake and SR is up, only 1% if earthquake and SR is not).

If you switch in on SS, you use knock off to break sturdy and prevent juice from activating, then use aqua jet to finish it off:

+2 236+ Atk Dwebble Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 92+ Def Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Tirtouga Knock Off vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Tirtouga Aqua Jet vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 14-18 (66.6 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you come in on any other move you can simply use knock off then use stone edge and win. This set in general is pretty useful against sturdy smashers, as you can knock off their B juice and do heave damage before dying. It is also a SR setter which is nice, has priority, which is useful in LC, and can SPAM KNOCK OFF cause why not? Also is a good counter to Carvnha which is super threatening in the current meta.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 defense / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
Pretty simple enough, will put up clacs later

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 defense / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
Pretty simple enough, will put up clacs later
i already thought of that you actually can lose to +2 5 rock blasts plus another one of those LOL

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but if dwebble smashes twice, you'll just bring it to berry juice, and it'll get two free x-scissor hits that will 2HKO.
4 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 10-12 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO
(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 12)

if those odds aren't comfortable for you, you can run 0 Atk EVs

0 Atk Bronzor Earthquake vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Dwebble: 9-11 (42.8 - 52.3%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
(9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11)

If you're running 0 Atk, you have to get the lowest possible damage roll as you Flash Cannon in order to lose against Dwebble that don't double Smash.

Also let's be real here, you don't just run one defensive answer to Sturdy Smashers and call it a day, especially considering that a lot of the things that can counter Dwebble defensively cannot do the same to Tirtouga, which has priority and better defensive typing but inferior neutral coverage. It's much easier (and more reliable) to beat them with offensive pressure, hazards, and priority, but most of the best priority users that can beat these guys cannot ~counter~ them, which I guess is the whole purpose of the thread. Just saying though for anyone new that reads this thread: a lot of these Pokemon do beat Dwebble, but should generally still be left behind in favor of one or two solid checks rather than a defensive counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)