X&Y LITTLE CUP VICTIM OF THE WEEK (Week 5, SD Gligar) (SEE POST 207)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LITTLE CUP VICTIM OF THE WEEK

Alright, so right now the Little Cup forum is pretty much dominated by speculation and specific Pokemon / move / mechanics discussion. I’m sure that by now most of us have a pretty solid understanding of our new metagame and now what’s currently powerful and what isn't. Now, it's time to share those ideas and read about new ones in LITTLE CUP COUNTER THAT POKEMON.

Some of you might have seen the previous LC Victim of the Week thread that was started for late BW2 LC. This one will work very similarly. If you haven't that's ok, because I’m going to go over the rules and process of this thread right here.

GENERAL IDEA:

Every week, I (or someone else the LC staff / I myself choose if I am away) will pick a specific Pokemon's set that is popular and powerful in the LC metagame, and then you guys will have one week to post a specific opposing Pokemon set that is able to counter the set that I have posted. Don't forget to explain your set and describe how it would handle the topic Pokemon in different situations.

Then, at the end of the week, probably during the weekend, I will create a list of all submissions made by the discussers in this thread. Those that continuously post good sets and constructive, necessary critiques for other peoples' sets may be awarded with the prestigious Community Contributor badge for making good posts!

Here are some definitions to clear up some misconceptions that occurred in the previous thread.

COUNTER:

A certain set COUNTERS another set when the defending Pokemon is able to switch in even with a few layers of hazards AND weather against any opposing attack and cripple or KO the opposing Pokemon. Depending on Speed and boosts, the ability of the defending Pokemon to tank a certain amount of hits is crucial yet variable depending on the scenario. Minimal amounts of prediction should be needed to counter the opposing Pokemon and the counter should still be able to handle the threat in multiple different scenarios.

CHECK:

A certain set CHECKS another set when the defending Pokemon is either able to beat the opposition 1 v 1 or switch in on certain but not all attacks with minimal indirect damage and threaten to cripple or KO the opposing Pokemon. The difference between check and counter is that oftentimes, prediction is needed and checks are not 100% secure answers to the set in question but can still work most of the time.

Both types of answers ARE acceptable in this thread but keep in mind that you should be trying to counter the topic set as bestly as possible and that posting a counter is always better than posting a check if possible.

GENERAL RULES:

~YOU MAY ONLY POST 1 ANSWERING SET PER TOPIC POKEMON. If you wish to change your set to something not already posted, please contact me and I will decide whether to let you change it or not.

~LIMIT OF 1 SLASH PER POSTED SET. The idea here is to focus on handling the topic Pokemon, so giving replying sets slashes to deal with other opponents is unnecessary.

~KEEP YOUR REPLYS VIABLE TO THE LC METAGAME. Excessively gimmicky sets will not be accepted. Even if Choice Scarf Sewaddle is able to check Choice Scarf Meditite, don’t post it unless the set is actually viable in other regards.

~Obviously, you may only vote for one set at a time. You cannot change your votes.

~During voting, DO feel free to discuss voting options. Although you are not allowed to change your vote after you have put it down on paper, do keep in mind that you can convince other people to change their minds if they have not voted yet and that often times people are on the fence between two or three sets. Just remember that there is always a deadline to voting and that it is important to decide what you are going to vote for before the deadline.

~Ties will be broken by me.

^ Voting will no longer take place, so those rules are no longer relevant.

Good luck and happy posting!

WEEK I:
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

Countered by:
Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Bulk Up

WEEK II:
Tangela @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 Def / 200 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ancient Power
- Solar Beam

Countered by:
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 196 HP / 76 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Air Slash
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

WEEK III:
Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Life Orb Offensive Sneasel

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

(honestly what else did you expect for Week 1)

Arguably one of the most powerful threats in the metagame right now, Life Orb Sneasel is a threat to be reckoned with. It is the fastest Pokemon in the tier by a landslide and hits like a truck, too. Although there are many different variations of this set, I chose Ice Punch /Ice Shard/Knock Off/Brick Break because that is probably the most common moveset.

Good luck! You will have about 1 Week, so get your sets in!

Tangela @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 Def / 200 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ancient Power
- Solar Beam

Tangela might not be super common but it is extremely powerful when provided with Sun support. With an extremely powerful base 100 SpA and destructive STAB move in SolarBeam, few things can continuously tank hits from this monster. All of this is defended by 115 Def and the highest speed stat in the game under Sun. What can possibly counter this thing?

A few things:
~SUN IS UP unless you provide an Auto-Weather Pokemon. If you're using a weather setting move, keep in mind that Sun lasts until you change it.
~The Sun lasts for 5 turns.
~Assume that Ancient Power will never boost Tangela's stats.
~Assume that Sun will NOT be reset (unless your submission can set Sun up)

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- X-Scissor

Ok now shit's getting real. Some people have been talking about Berry Juice recently so I decided that it would be fun to have a Berry Juice Pokemon as our next Victim. Dwebble is a real powerhouse threat. I'm sure we all know how scary Sturdy + Berry Juice + Shell Smash is. When you combine it with Dwebble's perfect coverage and decent stats all around, you've got yourself a pretty scary and threatening sweeper on your hands. Rock Blast lets it hit hard and multiple times, countering Sashes, Sturdies, and Substitutes and making it even harder to beat. Trying to O/2HKO it outright simply won't work because Berry Juice heals it back up and gives it a free turn to slaughter you. How would you beat this thing?

Also Heysup was really clever last round (I had to give him that) but if you decide to counter this with Jolly Dwebble, you will fail. I will warn you now.

Either way, happy posting n_n I will close this in about a week, or have someone else do it if I'm too busy

Yanma @ Life Orb
Level 5
Trait: Speed Boost
Modest nature
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
- Hypnosis
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power Ground

Yanma is another top tier threat. What seems at first to be another useless insect that's x4 weak to Stealth Rock reveals itself as a super fast and relatively powerful sweeper that can easily wreck and clean up for its team. Its trademark Speed Boost ability is what got it banned last Gen, and now it's back for more fun. With an increasingly un-outpaceable Speed stat with every passing turn and coverage to hit most opponents at least neutrally and still very powerfully, what kinds of Pokemon and sets have you guys used to counter this thing? Discuss them here!

This Week:

Ok, our next Pokemon is going to be Swords Dance Gligar!

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Usually known for its solid offensive support set with Knock Off and Defog, offensive Swords Dance Gligar is also a big threat. It hits the magical 19 Speed Tier, letting it tie with most of the tier's top threats and outspeed everything else. With its outstanding Defense stat and impressive 65 / 105 / 65 bulk to match its solid 75 Attack, Gligar is hard to manage defensively and offensively. Its bulk grants it many opportunities to set up for sweeps, and with Acrobatics and Earthquake, Gligar has almost perfect coverage. Knock Off rounds off the set, letting Gligar catch switch ins and remove their item, making it easier for it to KO them. With its ability, Hyper Cutter, it won't be stopped by simple Intimidate shenanigans. You don't want to let this thing get to +2 if you don't have an answer for it. But the key question is, what is an answer to Gligar? Please discuss below!

I'd like to give one final thanks for everyone that participated in last week's VotW. Keep up the great discussion, guys!

Please keep a few things in mind to help clarify discussion:
~If you chose to present something that would switch itself in to counter Gligar, be wary that you must be able to face it at +2, in the situation where it set up as you switched your counter in.
~Assume that Gligar is at 100% HP (something you should always do anyway)

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Non-Pokebank idea:

What beats a Sneasel? Another Sneasel, of course!

Sneasel @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break
- Feint Attack (Knock Off in PokeBank)

Even with Adamant, it gets 31 Speed, allowing it to outspeed nigh everything. It also counters Fairies with Poison Jab, being able to outspeed Swirlix with max investment and a positive nature at 2x (which no one ever uses).

Last edited:
I mean there's no "real" effective counter to that set, however....

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: w/e
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Bulk Up

Timburr can switch into any attack, only taking 9 damage (of 27 HP) from Ice Punch which never 3HKOes even after SR due to Drain Punch. It can switch in repeatedly and threaten to OHKO with 4x SE STAB Mach Punch if Sneasel is a superman predictor and goes Knock Off and switches out, then Ice Punch on the second go-around. Bulk Up can be set up and used to sweep if the opposing team is weak enough but Gligar switch-ins make Ice Punch cool. I mean for Sneasel countering purposes, it only needs Mach Punch and Drain Punch.

The main advantages of having Timburr vs all of the other bulky counters is that it has the ability to a) continuously switch in and recover HP, that is survives even when knock off happens, b) uses priority that OHKOes it even if Timburr has to check another threat and ends up with lower HP it can still counter Sneasel, and c) it can actually threaten switch-ins.

Last edited:
Darn, Heysup took mine

Ummm we can post something that would never see play but still counters it completely right?

Makuhita @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: HP 180 / Atk 116 / Def 196
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat / Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Resists its stabs, fake out plus bullet punch will k/o if rocks are out. If no rocks and its at full then it can switch into pretty much anything, and take it out with one of the CCs

Last edited:
Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 20 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

generally takes 33% from knock off, 0.39% to be 2hkoed after sr with two max damage rolls from knock off. recover gets back hp while scald burns sneasel and completely cripples it. two knock offs + 1 burned knock off won't ohko shellos. sticky hold prevents from losing knock off. scald can 3hko and always 2hko's after two recoils from life orb.

Not sure if we're supposed to argue but....

Darn, Heysup took mine

Ummm we can post something that would never see play but still counters it completely right?

Makuhita @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: HP 180 / Atk 116 / Def 196
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat / Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

Resists its stabs, fake out plus bullet punch will k/o if rocks are out. If no rocks and its at full then it can switch into pretty much anything, and take it out with one of the CCs
Sneasel has inner focus, meaning fake out does not flinch it.

Not sure if we're supposed to argue but....

Sneasel has inner focus, meaning fake out does not flinch it.
Bah so it does. Still isn't 2hko'd by anything sneasel has even after a knock off, so it should be able to switch in with ease and threaten to hit it with some fighting move (or take a decentish chunk out with BP). So i'll still leave it there as a potential counter, as funny as it is.

Timburr is still miles better though =P

What beats a Sneasel? Another Sneasel, of course!

Sneasel @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Brick Break
- Feint Attack (Knock Off in PokeBank)

Even with Adamant, it gets 31.5 Speed, allowing it to outspeed nigh everything. It also counters Fairies with Poison Jab, being able to outspeed Swirlix with max investment and a positive nature at 2x (which no one ever uses).
Pokémon stats always round down, so Sneasel will have 31 speed. Furthermore, this sneasel can't switch into other sneasel because, if it switches into Knock Off, you have a 50/50 chance of beating it, and if you switch into Brick Break you're just plain dead.

Scarf sneasel is pretty cool though, amazing swirlix revenge killer

I didn't run calcs on this but i think a ferroseed can live some stuff sneasel might throw at it, while at the same time giving it some residual damage via both stealth rock and iron barbs, which basicly limit's sneasel's lifespan, making it easier to revenge etc.

Last edited:
Growlithe @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat / Return
- Morning Sun

Thanks to Intimidate and its Fire typing, this thing shuts down Sneasel pretty well. It can switch in easily on Ice Punch, Ice Shard, or Brick Break (even without Eviolite, Brick Break does a max of 32%) and then threatens to cripple with Will-O-Wisp or KO with Flare Blitz or Close Combat. Worst case scenario, Sneasel predicts and uses Knock Off, which fails to 2HKO even with Stealth Rock up. As Sneasel switches out, Growlithe can heal up with Morning Sun so it's fresh for round 2. Thanks to Intimidate and 25/15 Defenses, Growlithe can still be useful with its Eviolite removed, and STAB Flare Blitz coming off of 14 Attack isn't bad.

I personally prefer Close Combat in the third slot because it OHKOs Sneasel (without Flare Blitz's recoil damage) while also dealing significant damage to potential switch-ins. Return is a weaker alternative without Close Combat's stat drops. The EVs could be tweaked to make Growlithe more offensive, but I wanted to make it a more sure-fire counter. Berry Juice might be better than Eviolite, but Knock Off makes things confusing and I'm too tired to figure that out (I've been using Eviolite).

Fire-types with Flame Body like Ponyta, Larvesta, or even Magby (which gets Mach Punch) might be better options, since they can cripple Sneasel and pose a greater offensive presence. However, thanks to Intimidate, Growlithe is the most reliable option, so I'd give him a slight edge as a counter.

EDIT: My calcs were slightly off. With SR up, there's a 12% chance for Sneasel to KO by using Knock Off twice (although if it doesn't get the high damage roll on the first Knock Off, it's taking a huge risk on the second one).

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 196 Def / 28 SAtk / 36 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Drain Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off

Basically this Croagunk can easily switch in and OHKO with Vacuum wave. Drain Punch should be able to keep it healthy enough to constantly counter it throughout the game. Similar to Timburr really.

Last edited:
Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs:
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Flame Charge

236 Atk Ponyta Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 38-48 (172.72 - 218.18%) -- guaranteed OHKO (I think I may have fucked up my calcs for this)
Here's a screenshot of the calc: http://gyazo.com/32d4490a0a8393f114119a60487cbb9f

252 Atk Life Orb (custom) vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Ponyta: 13-17 (61.9 - 80.95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Guess my theory was wrong about Ponyta countering Sneasel. 2hko'd by knock off. Oh well, checks Sneasel for sure with the Flare blitz OHKO

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.

Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Close Combat / Ice Punch (Pokebank only)
- Thunder Wave

One of my favorite Pokemon in XY Little Cup. It can switch into any of Sneasel's attacks easily with Eviolite (keep in mind that Snubbull is now Fairy type and thus it resists Fighting) and Intimidate is factored in to cut Sneasel's Attack immediately following the switch-in, before any hit lands. Snubbull can then proceed to OHKO outright with STAB Play Rough, without fear of fainting before it can kill it off. Even if Knock Off removes Eviolite, the Intimidate attack drop provided at every switch-in basically serves as an Eviolite boost anyway, so Snubbull can be expected to reliably switch into Sneasel at least more than once.

Earthquake is on the set to deliver a hard super effective blow to all three of the types that resist Snubbull's STAB. Close Combat can also end Sneasel and provides excellent Fighting type coverage; this can be used if you want a safe move that can nail both Sneasel AND the mon that might come in as Sneasel inevitably flees. Thunder Wave is added to cripple would-be checks that might try to come in as Sneasel is forced out; this can be quite advantageous for the Speed advantage it provides, since Snubbull is quite slow, and can allow Snubbull to sometimes wipe foes out with the appropriate attack before they have a chance to respond. If you're playing Pokebank LC, you can punish an incoming Gligar who isn't 2HKOed by Play Rough, takes little damage from Close Combat, and is immune to Thunder Wave by running Ice Punch. ♥

Last edited:
Swan Songs: I think you could argue Ponyta is still a bit of a counter since, even if it switches in on Knock Off and gets 2HKO'd, there's a 50% (technically 51%!) chance it burns Sneasel in the process. Obviously that doesn't really count, but there aren't a whole lot of options when it comes to Sneasel.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shellos @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

generally takes 33% from knock off, 0.39% to be 2hkoed after sr with two max damage rolls from knock off. recover gets back hp while scald burns sneasel and completely cripples it. two knock offs + 1 burned knock off won't ohko shellos. sticky hold prevents from losing knock off. scald can 3hko and always 2hko's after two recoils from life orb.
^this is probably the best sneasel check/counter in the entire thread, there is no way it can win, except if you run something like SD substitute or something so that clear smog doesn't break sub but I think it always does @_@

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Larvesta?
It has pretty good defenses, and resists Sneasel's ice stab as well as Brick Break. It also has a chance to burn!

Swan Songs: I think you could argue Ponyta is still a bit of a counter since, even if it switches in on Knock Off and gets 2HKO'd, there's a 50% (technically 51%!) chance it burns Sneasel in the process. Obviously that doesn't really count, but there aren't a whole lot of options when it comes to Sneasel.
Yea I forgot to include that in my analysis, still not a perfect counter, but a good last resort.

I run this bulky set which, surprisingly, works well against pokemon who like to brute-force things. Sneasel is a bit of a problem, but not enough to run through this set.

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 188 HP, 160 Def, 160 SpDef
Impish Nature
-Rock Smash
-Crunch
-Foul Play
-Explosion

Now lets get down to the damage calc:
236 Atk Life Orb (custom) (Move 1) vs. 188 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite (custom): 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes

3HKO. Assuming you didn't just switch in, you have a turn to Rock Smash, Explosion, or even Foul Play (not 100% OHKO chance though). Rock Smash is an easy kill without suicide. If somehow something happened and Sneasel crit, Stunky would be alive to tell the tale and kill Sneasel. If you just switched in and Sneasel got a free hit, no problem. 2 hits left for him to kill. Critical Hits won't change a 2HKO due to only 1.5x damage (change in Gen 6). Stunky may barely get by, but it will still kill. If Stunky used Rock Smash/Foul Play and it didn't kill, 2 LO recoils and Aftermath most definitely will. Keep in mind, this is if they have hazards up, as they love to send out Sneasel right away, so I do the same with Stunky.

Pancham @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 HP / 180 Def / 104 Atk
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Works a lot like the other fighting types on the list, but lacks Drain Punch to recover HP back, which is unfortunate. With Eviolite, you are 3HKOed by Ice punch, with Berry Juice, you are 3HKOed as well, so it's a matter of preference.

You switch in, take an ice punch / knock off. Then you Brick Break for the easy OHKO on Sneasel. It's fairly simple. Parting Shot is there if you've got something that can set up on Sneasel (not much). Other moves are filler for this moveset, but still cool options for Pancham.

Also it's a panda and cute :)

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
I run this bulky set which, surprisingly, works well against pokemon who like to brute-force things. Sneasel is a bit of a problem, but not enough to run through this set.

Stunky @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
-Rock Smash
-Crunch
-Foul Play
-Explosion

236 Atk Life Orb (custom) (Move 1) vs. 188 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite (custom): 8-10 (32 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes

3HKO. Assuming you didn't just switch in, you have a turn to Rock Smash, Explosion, or even Foul Play (not 100% OHKO chance though). Rock Smash is an easy kill without suicide. If somehow something happened and Sneasel crit, Stunky would be alive to tell the tale and kill Sneasel. If you just switched in and Sneasel got a free hit, no problem. 2 hits left for him to kill. Critical Hits won't change a 2HKO due to only 1.5x damage (change in Gen 6). Stunky may barely get by, but it will still kill. If Stunky used Rock Smash/Foul Play and it didn't kill, 2 LO recoils and Aftermath most definitely will. Keep in mind, this is if they have hazards up, as they love to send out Sneasel right away, so I do the same with Stunky.
Wow. This idea took me very much by surprise. In my opinion, this is the most creative set in this entire thread to check/counter the given Sneasel set. And just when I thought all the best ideas had already been thought of!

I'd really like to say this: If a Pokemon is to counter Sneasel successfully and knock it out, chances are the Pokemon you used won't be in any kind of condition to last very much longer in the match. So with that in consideration, and if the objective is to stop Sneasel, I find it very interesting that this Stunky set has TWO ways to kill Sneasel upon fainting itself (Explosion and Aftermath), and therefore taking Sneasel down as you faint isn't really less impressive than taking Sneasel out and surviving in most cases (Heysup's Timburr set is an exception ♥). You probably won't be doing much else afterward if you manage to kill it off anyway. This might not be the best answer to Sneasel objectively, but it is by far the one that stimulated me the most. I LOVE THIS IDEA. Take Sneasel down, and if for some reason you can't without dying, make sure it dies when you do!

Last edited:
Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge

while safely coming in on most of sneasels moves, (236 Atk (custom) (Move 1(Knock Off)) vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Larvesta: 10-13 (45.45 - 59.09%) -- 93.75% chance to 2HKO) knock off is sneasels best bet. if larvesta switches in on any other move on this set, it outspeeds next turn and OHKO's back with u-turn or flare blitz. because it cant switch in on 4/4 moves it's a check, but u-turn is great for the set, cuz if sneasel stays in it s RIP and if it switches you can bring in a check.

Shellos @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

I'm pretty sure Knock Off's 1.5x boost actually still works even vs a Sticky Hold mon, so that gives a moderate 2HKO chance. It also does not let you ever use an attack besides recover, which eventually would lose the battle far before Sneasel runs out of PP or HP due to Life Orb.

Stunky @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
-Rock Smash
-Crunch
-Foul Play
-Explosion

I LOVE this set on stunky, quite surprising. I was curious about rocksmash at first, due to a 40 BP non-STAB move, but that 4x weakness really takes a beating with it. Also Aftermath would be a great way to weaken Shell Smashers without activating a Berry Juice, and getting rid of the sturdy, allowing for an easy revenge with Priority Attacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)