SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

So I've been reading something about a "lord form". What exactly is this?

Palkia and Dialga with new forms are interesting. Any other new forms aside from the Hiusian forms?

Palkia and Dialga with new forms are interesting. Any other new forms aside from the Hiusian forms?
lord forms were an early assumption of Dialga & Palkia's new forms; they're actually Origin forms, the forms they take at the climax of the game when they're frenzied with arceus' power. Laventon theorizes (and by that we can assume "what they actually are" because that's how these things work sometimes) its the forms they take to try & imitate and be closer to Arceus.

Laventon theorizes (and by that we can assume "what they actually are" because that's how these things work sometimes) its the forms they take to try & imitate and be closer to Arceus.
He also theorizes that they're Dialga and Palkia's true forms, so it's not entirely clear what they are.

:dialga:
Radiant light caused Dialga to take on a form bearing a striking resemblance to the creator Pokémon. Dialga now wields such colossal strength that one must conclude this is its true form.

:palkia:
It soars across the sky in a form that greatly resembles the creator of all things. Perhaps this imitation of appearance is Palkia's strategy for gaining Arceus's powers.

The Ultra Wormholes are why the ultra beasts appear (it it's own seperate event that happens), but the legendaries have been there for a while. It's the weird crown tundra dynamax adventure's den specifically that has the other legends show up iirc.
The game definitely implies all the den legendaries are from ultra wormholes. Peonia tells you that Solgaleo/Lunala was the first legendary spotted in the den.

lord forms were an early assumption of Dialga & Palkia's new forms; they're actually Origin forms, the forms they take at the climax of the game when they're frenzied with arceus' power. Laventon theorizes (and by that we can assume "what they actually are" because that's how these things work sometimes) its the forms they take to try & imitate and be closer to Arceus.
They actually came from an internal list of form names and were just wrongly attributed to Dialga and Palkia, there are actually four Lord forms internally (and one Lady) as they're the names for the Noble Pokemon's forms.

Aside from Sneasel there is also, somewhat inexplicably (I can only assume they wanted at least ONE regional form and grabbed the most popular one), Alolan Vulpix. There's a quest where an alolan corp. member loses their vulpix in the icelands and lets you keep one.
Is this little guy repeatable at all? Like a low chance of spawn or something? Or is the living dex dream dead lol

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Is this little guy repeatable at all? Like a low chance of spawn or something? Or is the living dex dream dead lol
Is a mission reward and thats it, so you only have either alolan Vulpix or Ninetales.
Or you could trade one.

Nooo I was hoping there'd be a post-quest small chance to get another one like there is with Spiritomb and Phione :( oh well!

I did my usual look over the teachable move lists. With the new moves added to the list in Legends, there are 255 unique moves teachable across Gen 8 which is pretty nutty. I didn't notice Ice Ball on the list until just now, which is among the three teachable for the first time along with Baby-Doll Eyes and Power Shift.

Nooo I was hoping there'd be a post-quest small chance to get another one like there is with Spiritomb and Phione :( oh well!

I did my usual look over the teachable move lists. With the new moves added to the list in Legends, there are 255 unique moves teachable across Gen 8 which is pretty nutty. I didn't notice Ice Ball on the list until just now, which is among the three teachable for the first time along with Baby-Doll Eyes and Power Shift.
I ended up with a Timid Alolan Vulpix when I completed that quest

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
It's weird that Alolan Vulpix isn't in the alabaster rifts, really.
There is really no reason for it to not show up in distortions after the quest of something, if Sneasel can show up then any regional variant should be able to.
And whats the deal with Sneasel anyway? Did the h-Sneasel evolve to regular Sneasel after some years or they went extinct and then reintroduced in the region as the regular form?
There is no explanation for their situation and regular Sneasel appears today in the same areas the other form did in Hisui.

Reactions: Ivy
There is really no reason for it to not show up in distortions after the quest of something, if Sneasel can show up then any regional variant should be able to.
And whats the deal with Sneasel anyway? Did the h-Sneasel evolve to regular Sneasel after some years or they went extinct and then reintroduced in the region as the regular form?
There is no explanation for their situation and regular Sneasel appears today in the same areas the other form did in Hisui.
maybe the icelands got colder, somehow, causing a change in prey and environment necessitating a return to their roots.

Only Sneasel, which I'm pretty sure is only in so that way you can get Weavile(Since Hisuian Sneasel evolves into an entirely different species), and thus have all 107 Sinnoh Pokemon in a Sinnoh Prequel
Wait, you're telling me that Gen 4 added 107 Pokémon and now we have a quest to collect 107 wisps?
yes I know it's because of Spiritomb's dex entry being about 108 spirits bound together, I assume the girl who gave us the quest will be the 108th spirit. But it's still a weird coincidence.

Reactions: CPU
I have an actual data-based contribution to the thread: I bought a code for the Birthday Happiny, the one that is usable in all 5 Gen VIII games. Here is what it is like when it is used in Legends (Used a save editor to look at any possibly hidden details:

-It is in a normal Legends: Arceus style Pokeball instead of Cherish Ball, Origin Ball, or anything else
-It's moves are Baby-doll Eyes, Draining Kiss, Soft-boiled, and Rest. All four moves are also written into all four of the memory slots reserved for event and egg moves, so, for example if you change all of its moves and transfer it to Sword/Shield or BDSP, it will still be able to remember Soft-boiled despite not getting it via level-up in those games.
-It still has it's Hidden Ability flag activated like the SwSh/BDSP versions, so when Transferred to Home it will have Friend Guard
-It still has the Birthday Ribbon attached, but is unviewable in the game itself

I still wonder why they didn't give us any of the Alolan or Galarian forms in the distortions. It would've made perfect sense. Though adding Galarian Mr. Mime would've made them have to add Mr. Rime to the dex. It only would've been Raichu, Geodude line, Mime and Rime, Vulpix line and Ponyta line.

I still wonder why they didn't give us any of the Alolan or Galarian forms in the distortions. It would've made perfect sense. Though adding Galarian Mr. Mime would've made them have to add Mr. Rime to the dex. It only would've been Raichu, Geodude line, Mime and Rime, Vulpix line and Ponyta line.
The interesting part is that I think they do reference Galarian Ponyta at some point in the quest where you get the Ponyta shiny, so they should have already existed.

I think the reason for lack of regional forms availability might just be as simple as not wanting to model / animate them. We know GF isn't exactly fast at that job, and Arceus animations and modeling are even more detailed than the ones in the mainline (texture quality aside), so they may have opted to skip them just to save time in development.

Game Freak really got me all excited about past regional forms being found in the wilds of other regions, and then made Alolan Vulpix another NPC gift.

Game Freak really got me all excited about past regional forms being found in the wilds of other regions, and then made Alolan Vulpix another NPC gift.
To be fair the way Alolan Vulpix lore is presented makes sense that it's not available in the wild, since it's specifically said to be an adaptation to Vulpixes (and Ninetales) living in the cold environment of alolan mountains specifically.

Not saying it has to be the case for *every* regional form, but some of them are strictly linked to the region's lore and would be weird to be found in other places.

...am I really trying to defend pokemon evolutionary consistency when this game has Blissey and Crobat who apparently never shown in Kanto and Jotho for the 500 years after?......

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
To be fair the way Alolan Vulpix lore is presented makes sense that it's not available in the wild, since it's specifically said to be an adaptation to Vulpixes (and Ninetales) living in the cold environment of alolan mountains specifically.
Not saying it has to be the case for *every* regional form, but some of them are strictly linked to the region's lore and would be weird to be found in other places.
The in-universe explanation for this instance specifically is that the guy is from Alola and brought these with him. Theoretically they would become invasive and naturalize in the icelands in this wacky timeline, but it hasn't happened yet.

I assume they'll put other regional forms in the DLC -- though, depending on how HOME goes; you should be able to transfer them in, right?

... actually, does anyone know if the regional forms like Golem, Raichu etc are in the game's code at all? Their models and all?

I assume they'll put other regional forms in the DLC -- though, depending on how HOME goes; you should be able to transfer them in, right?

... actually, does anyone know if the regional forms like Golem, Raichu etc are in the game's code at all? Their models and all?
no, they are not present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)