SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

The interesting part is that I think they do reference Galarian Ponyta at some point in the quest where you get the Ponyta shiny, so they should have already existed.
The reference is literally just "maybe other forms of Ponyta exist". While out of universe we know that that references Galarian Ponyta, in universe it's open ended enough that it doesn't really confirm anything.

So 8 of the plates have the same story as DP, but the other 11 give a little more detail on other parts of the legend

Blank Plate: "Three beings whose power can hold both time and space fixed."
Flame Plate: "The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."
Splash Plate: "The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds."
Zap Plate: "The third being raged, raining down bolts of anger."
Meadow Plate: "The powers of Plates are shared among Pokémon."
Icicle Plate: "Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One."
Fist Plate: "The rift is born of disorder on the other side of this world."
Toxic Plate: "The rules of time and space change within the opposite world."
Earth Plate: "When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
Sky Plate: "The being poured the remains of its power into stone and buried it deep."
Mind Plate: "The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."
Insect Plate: "Where all creation was born, that is the being's place of origin."
Stone Plate: "It gathers power from the Plates, listening for the flute's song."
Spooky Plate: "The other side of this world was given by the Original One to its raging third."
Draco Plate: "Three beings were born to bind time and space."
Dread Plate: "Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world."
Iron Plate: "That which fills the other side of the world can shape the rage and mold it."
Pixie Plate: "The Original One is in all things. The Original One is nowhere at all."
Legend Plate: "From all creations, over all creations, does the Original One watch over all."

Though rather than one continuous story it seems more like the default sort kind of moves everything around, and it also seems like there's a few concurrent stories. Bit hard to sort out fully, though you can easily point out all the stuff pertaining to the Distortion World & Giratina.
Kind of interesting how the Distortion World is positioned as something given to Giratina to give it something to shape its rage. If I had one big failing with the game's story it's how Giratina feels like such an afterthought despite being so important to the game's plot.

I also find the bit about Arceus (I presume this is "The being" mentioned, anyway) poured the remains of its power into stone & buried it deep interesting. I don't think that's pertaining to the plates, which are mentioned separately and given to the nobles (/ just ....around, for some reason). I think that might be referring to the Ancient Quarry. Original Celestica and the Temple of Sinnoh created with the arceus' power too, in a roundabout way?

Kamado himself (and presumably Beni and at least some of the Galaxy Team) is from Galar as mentioned in some postgame battle quotes, which would explain that

Kamado himself (and presumably Beni and at least some of the Galaxy Team) is from Galar as mentioned in some postgame battle quotes, which would explain that
Oh does he mention that if you drag him to Ingo's battle thing? I had been real curious about that considering he has a version of Wikstrom's armor.

Kamado is really strange to me, honestly. Everything about him figures he's from one of the "japanese" regions then he dons the armor for the climax but also he lets his accent slip and damn if i didnt point at the screen going "kansai!" and start thinking Johto. He does a huge exaggerated dogeza. His big plea at the climax is "For the sake of the Celestica people and all the Pokemon living in Hisui" which suggests a level of familiarity with the region's history that not even the people who actually live here talk about. Which I guess might be related to Cogita, whom he refers to as "Lady Cogita" and is probably in contact with?

I dunno it's all weird. I'm generally fine with not knowing everything about a person, and Pokemon always loves the "give you a little, but not everything" kind of thing. In this game alone there's Cogita, for example, who remains very mysterious, but the level of questioning I have with her isn't on the same level as I have for someone like Kamado.

Oh does he mention that if you drag him to Ingo's battle thing? I had been real curious about that considering he has a version of Wikstrom's armor.
He says that he donned his traditional Galarian armor for this occasion or something along those lines. But yeah, there's definitely a lot about him that isn't really super well explained. If he's really from Galar, it seems he makes a significant effort to hide that fact most of the time. But then again, I don't think it was actually confirmed that he's from Galar, only that he owns a set of traditional Galarian armor. That strongly suggests he's from Galar but it's not entirely impossible that he could have acquired it elsewhere. Maybe Galar is known for making particularly good armor in the Pokemon world, and so Galarian armor is desirable in other regions of the world as well.

Reactions: R_N
Uhhh
since the whole Galaxy Team is based on the Hokkaido Development Commission
1644467100725.jpeg
1644467266354.jpeg

maybe Kamado is supposed to be Nabeshima Naohiro a japanese officer who studied for like 10 years in Britain and whose dad was one of the heads of the Hokkaido Development Commission?

or something?

Last edited:
So 8 of the plates have the same story as DP, but the other 11 give a little more detail on other parts of the legend

Sky Plate: "The being poured the remains of its power into stone and buried it deep."
Mind Plate: "The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."
Insect Plate: "Where all creation was born, that is the being's place of origin."
Stone Plate: "It gathers power from the Plates, listening for the flute's song."
Spooky Plate: "The other side of this world was given by the Original One to its raging third."
Iron Plate: "That which fills the other side of the world can shape the rage and mold it."
Pixie Plate: "The Original One is in all things. The Original One is nowhere at all."
Legend Plate: "From all creations, over all creations, does the Original One watch over all."

Though rather than one continuous story it seems more like the default sort kind of moves everything around, and it also seems like there's a few concurrent stories. Bit hard to sort out fully, though you can easily point out all the stuff pertaining to the Distortion World & Giratina.
Kind of interesting how the Distortion World is positioned as something given to Giratina to give it something to shape its rage. If I had one big failing with the game's story it's how Giratina feels like such an afterthought despite being so important to the game's plot.

I also find the bit about Arceus (I presume this is "The being" mentioned, anyway) poured the remains of its power into stone & buried it deep interesting. I don't think that's pertaining to the plates, which are mentioned separately and given to the nobles (/ just ....around, for some reason). I think that might be referring to the Ancient Quarry. Original Celestica and the Temple of Sinnoh created with the arceus' power too, in a roundabout way?
If I had to put the plates in a narrative order, it would be like this

Pixie Plate "The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."

The first verse describes the Original One and its power.

The second verse describes the story of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. I assumed that the stone refers to Griseous Orb.

The third verse describes the Plates.

If I had to put the plates in a narrative order, it would be like this

Pixie Plate "The Original One breathed alone before the universe came."

The first verse describes the Original One and its power.

The second verse describes the story of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. I assumed that the stone refers to Griseous Orb.

The third verse describes the Plates.
When you outline it like this, it does sound like the Griseous Orb (or Ore, I guess; whatever). It's pretty hard to track things when they just throw out "the being" but this all seems to line up nicely. Well done

And this reminds me, out of curiosity, does anyone know if the various "hieroglyphs" can be translated to anything? There's actually several of them all over the region and Pokemon HAS dabbled with making "ancient" languages you can actually translate through a few ciphers (the abyssal ruins, hello) so it wouldn't surprise me if they had an actual message.

When you outline it like this, it does sound like the Griseous Orb (or Ore, I guess; whatever). It's pretty hard to track things when they just throw out "the being" but this all seems to line up nicely. Well done

And this reminds me, out of curiosity, does anyone know if the various "hieroglyphs" can be translated to anything? There's actually several of them all over the region and Pokemon HAS dabbled with making "ancient" languages you can actually translate through a few ciphers (the abyssal ruins, hello) so it wouldn't surprise me if they had an actual message.
I spent a couple minutes filling in the defaced Unown runes in Calaba's ruins, only to realize it was just the same text she read but in Japanese.

As for the hieroglyphs, I haven't come up with anything. There's few characters to work with in any given mural. I've heard it reported that several Old Verses for Ursaluna are found in their vicinity. However, I have not obtained enough verses myself to corroborate that is what they're marking.

On that note, the verses that I have found paint a weird picture of some specific people. How old is Cogita anyway???

Kamado is really strange to me, honestly. Everything about him figures he's from one of the "japanese" regions then he dons the armor for the climax but also he lets his accent slip and damn if i didnt point at the screen going "kansai!" and start thinking Johto. He does a huge exaggerated dogeza. His big plea at the climax is "For the sake of the Celestica people and all the Pokemon living in Hisui" which suggests a level of familiarity with the region's history that not even the people who actually live here talk about. Which I guess might be related to Cogita, whom he refers to as "Lady Cogita" and is probably in contact with?

I dunno it's all weird. I'm generally fine with not knowing everything about a person, and Pokemon always loves the "give you a little, but not everything" kind of thing. In this game alone there's Cogita, for example, who remains very mysterious, but the level of questioning I have with her isn't on the same level as I have for someone like Kamado.
I don't like to call something a missed opportunity, but I feel like naming them the Galaric Expedition Team (Galactic being an accidental permutation as word gets around) would have gone a great length to explain who these settlers are and where they came from. GameFreak already sprinkled the main characters heavily with touches of Galar, e.g. Kamado's traditional armor and Laventon's familiarity with Copperajah. They all would have had a clearer and more consistent identity if GameFreak had just committed and said "Yes, the whole team IS from Galar." It's such a bizarre thing to leave so muddled.

I spent a couple minutes filling in the defaced Unown runes in Calaba's ruins, only to realize it was just the same text she read but in Japanese.

As for the hieroglyphs, I haven't come up with anything. There's few characters to work with in any given mural. I've heard it reported that several Old Verses for Ursaluna are found in their vicinity. However, I have not obtained enough verses myself to corroborate that is what they're marking.

On that note, the verses that I have found paint a weird picture of some specific people. How old is Cogita anyway???
Hmm, a shame. The thing that made me wonder the most is the one at the shrouded ruins has a double ursaluna, which felt important.

And I should go ahead and find all those old verses, while I'm thinking about it. They're very interesting little lore bits.

I don't like to call something a missed opportunity, but I feel like naming them the Galaric Expedition Team (Galactic being an accidental permutation as word gets around) would have gone a great length to explain who these settlers are and where they came from. GameFreak already sprinkled the main characters heavily with touches of Galar, e.g. Kamado's traditional armor and Laventon's familiarity with Copperajah. They all would have had a clearer and more consistent identity if GameFreak had just committed and said "Yes, the whole team IS from Galar." It's such a bizarre thing to leave so muddled.
While this would have definitely helped with Kamado, I think I like it more that the team is made up of people from all over (except...unova, who only has Ingo and isn't REALLY part of the team and he's in a unique spot so...). It's fun talking to people and hearing them have a little anecdote or tidbit from their homeland; like the guy from Kanto who talks about how apparently they've been doing pokemon battling/training for a few years now.

The Survival Charms and Warding Charms- anyone tested if they work in the Noble/Boss fights, or are they only useful when adventuring?

I've been told that you cannot trade Dialga and Palkia. Any truth to that? Only just got the game and going through the beginning so I can't check myself. I'm wondering if it is just the new forms or are those Pokemon prevented from trade for some reason?

Something fun I just realized, assuming that we can indeed send Pokémon from from Home to PLA freely, it means that not only could you get Ursaluna, Kleavor, and Wyrdeer with no origin mark, but also with any Ribbon, including the National Ribbon from XD/Colosseum since all of their prevos are available as Shadow Pokemon (Teddiursa and Stantler in Colosseum, and Ursaring and Scyther in XD).

Something fun I just realized, assuming that we can indeed send Pokémon from from Home to PLA freely, it means that not only could you get Ursaluna, Kleavor, and Wyrdeer with no origin mark, but also with any Ribbon, including the National Ribbon from XD/Colosseum since all of their prevos are available as Shadow Pokemon (Teddiursa and Stantler in Colosseum, and Ursaring and Scyther in XD).
If it is two-way, you could also get Kleavor, Hisuian Typhlosion, and Hisuian Sliggoo/Goodra in Cherish Balls due to events of Scyther, Cyndaquil, and Goomy being released in the past. The Goomy event can even be Shiny.

If it is one way, you can still get stuff like Shelter Kalosian Goodra, Ice Shard Kalosian Avalugg, Recover Unovan Lilligant, and Double-Edge Unovan Braviary.

Last edited:
Sorry to bug, but does anyone have the list of coded abilities for the hisuian mons?
Growlithe/Arcanine, Voltorb/Electrode, Qwilfish, Zorua/Zoroark*, Braviary, Typhlosion, Samurott, Decidueye retain the same abilities as their normal counterparts.
Overqwil, Wydeer continue to use Qwilfish & Stantler's abilities.

Sneasel keeps the same normal abilities, repalces the hidden ability with Poison Touch.
Sneasler has Pressure and hidden ability Poison Touch
Lilligant swaps Own Tempo for Hustle
Basculin keeps Adaptability & Mold Breaker but the other normal ability is Rattled. Basculegion works similarly.
Avalugg swaps Own Tempo for Strong Jaw
Sligoo & Goodra swap Hydration for Overcoat
Kleavor has Sheer Force instead of Technician like Scyther & Scizor.
Ursaluna has Bulletproof instead of Quick Feet

Enamorus has Healer as a normal ability, Contrary has a hidden ability and Overcoat when in Therian form.

*I'm really surprised, by the way, that Zorua & Zoroark have NOTHING to do with Illusions in the game despite the lore retaining that aspect. There's nothing in how its signature move works or how an overworld ability or work like Regigigas where it has a hard coded aspect to its ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)