SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Not terribly likely imo as 1) it's double the size of any of the base game areas and 2) it's listed after every one of them internally
Where are you getting the double the size of any base game area, exactly. All I see in the relevant tweet is "it's a large area".
Also if it IS that large that's all the more reason, personally, to see it as a beta map. They were testing things like size & terrain, realized things might've been too big.

The fact it's listed at the end also doesn't tell me anything, honestly. It could be at the end for any number of reasons, same for why it's still in the game and why they slapped the (significantly more finished) modern house in it. Maybe there was something about it they kept going back to for reference and moving it to the end made more sense. maybe the game has issues running without it. maybe they just left it there because it was too annoying to take it out.

By the time they put out the video it should be more clear, ideally. But I look at it, the environment its in, how they slapped the also unused modern room likely meant for a scrapped intro or something similar into it, possibly the size if it's really ~double~ and just think: ah, a beta map.

Not terribly likely imo as 1) it's double the size of any of the base game areas and 2) it's listed after every one of them internally
Where are you getting the double the size of any base game area, exactly. All I see in the relevant tweet is "it's a large area".
Also if it IS that large that's all the more reason, personally, to see it as a beta map. They were testing things like size & terrain, realized things might've been too big.

The fact it's listed at the end also doesn't tell me anything, honestly. It could be at the end for any number of reasons, same for why it's still in the game and why they slapped the (significantly more finished) modern house in it. Maybe there was something about it they kept going back to for reference and moving it to the end made more sense. maybe the game has issues running without it. maybe they just left it there because it was too annoying to take it out.

By the time they put out the video it should be more clear, ideally. But I look at it, the environment its in, how they slapped the also unused modern room likely meant for a scrapped intro or something similar into it, possibly the size if it's really ~double~ and just think: ah, a beta map.
It could also be an early version of the map for the DLC Khu said was coming.

A nice little detail about Enamorus-Therian. If you look closely at the bottom of its " shell ", you can see a gem like Tornadus and Thundurus-Therian. I guess Landorus-T also has a gem, it is just not visible.

For the record this is from the official Japanese pokedex updating.
I imagine the american website will update within the week.

Something kind of interesting from the TCG: Wyrdeer & Kleavor aren't marked with "Hisuian" prefix.

With the SWSH TCG, Perrserker and friends were all labeled "Galarian". Meanwhile Basculegion & Overqwil are marked with "Hisuian".
Does make Wyrdeer, Kleavor & presumably Ursaluna feel more at home being traditional evolution that might carry forward

I know a lot of people have thought they would, but I've always been a little on guard. They definitely feel treated similarly to regional evolutions (lot of "they adapted to the hrash climate"), so seeing them nto get the prefix gives me a little hope (now watch stantler, scyther & ursaring just never show up in gen 9 lmao)

Something kind of interesting from the TCG: Wyrdeer & Kleavor aren't marked with "Hisuian" prefix.

With the SWSH TCG, Perrserker and friends were all labeled "Galarian". Meanwhile Basculegion & Overqwil are marked with "Hisuian".
Does make Wyrdeer, Kleavor & presumably Ursaluna feel more at home being traditional evolution that might carry forward

I know a lot of people have thought they would, but I've always been a little on guard. They definitely feel treated similarly to regional evolutions (lot of "they adapted to the hrash climate"), so seeing them nto get the prefix gives me a little hope (now watch stantler, scyther & ursaring just never show up in gen 9 lmao)
I mean it makes sense for the Galarian evos to get them (since they only evolve from the Galarian forms), especially Perrserker and Runerigus since they effectively are Galarian Persian and Galarian Cofagrigus. Same for the Hisuian forms that only evolve from regional forms (Overqwil, Basculegion, and Sneasler).

Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, and Kleavor evolve from regular Stantler, Ursaring, and Scyther.

I mean it makes sense for the Galarian evos to get them (since they only evolve from the Galarian forms), especially Perrserker and Runerigus since they effectively are Galarian Persian and Galarian Cofagrigus. Same for the Hisuian forms that only evolve from regional forms (Overqwil, Basculegion, and Sneasler).

Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, and Kleavor evolve from regular Stantler, Ursaring, and Scyther.
I thought about that too, but then I remember how they do make sure to mark things like Galarian Weezing or Hisui Typhlosion. Differentiating from normal Weezing isn't really required at all (iirc both count as "Weezing" cards and weezing's types have changed frequently over the years)

it'd be pretty easy to just label them as "Hisui Wyrdeer" and so on.

Well either way like I said, it was "gives a little hope" not "hard set confirmation". We won't really know anything until the next "real" game. But it seemed worth mentioning.

I thought about that too, but then I remember how they do make sure to mark things like Galarian Weezing or Hisui Typhlosion. Differentiating from normal Weezing isn't really required at all (iirc both count as "Weezing" cards and weezing's types have changed frequently over the years)

Well either way like I said, it was "gives a little hope" not "hard set confirmation". We won't really know anything until the next "real" game. But it seemed worth mentioning.
The reason Weezing and Typhlosion are differentiated from their Hisuian forms is because they are different, and more speciffically because of Mr. Mime, so regular Mr. Mime can't become Mr. Rime. Also in a broader sense so Hisuian forms can't use cards only intended for the original form.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The reason Weezing and Typhlosion are differentiated from their Hisuian forms is because they are different, and more speciffically because of Mr. Mime, so regular Mr. Mime can't become Mr. Rime. Also in a broader sense so Hisuian forms can't use cards only intended for the original form.
Yeah the impression I'm getting here is that Wyrdeer does not need to be labeled both because it evolves from regular Stantler and because it's the one and only evolved form of Stantler.

Meanwhile Galarian Weezing exists alongside Kantonian Weezing, and both are evolved forms of Koffing so the distinction must be made there since Galarian Weezing is an alternative evolution to the original Kantonian Weezing. Same with Typhlosion, in which Hisuian Typhlosion is obviously an alternate evolution to the Johtonian Typhlosion even though both evolve from the same Quilava, they are obviously distinct from one another.

Meanwhile Wyrdeer is just Wyrdeer. Kleavor is just Kleavor. There is no other regional variant of Wyrdeer and it's the evolved form of a normal Stantler, and Wyrdeer is what it is and there is no alternate evolved form of Stantler besides Wyrdeer. Likewise Kleavor is the evolved form of Scyther and that's that: there is no other regional variant of Kleavor that exists, nor any alternate regional form of Scyther that it evolves from. It's a bit of a complicated situation but this is sort of the impression I'm getting.

I'll take the L on the Weezing thing (in this very set it's very releavant that there is a Galarian Tylhposion V & V-Star but not normal)
however

Mr. Rime could have easily been labeled "Mr. Rime" and still only evolve from Glarian Mr. Mime.
They have to explicitly specify it no matter what

It'd just be far easier to label them ala Hisuian Wydeer, surely.

There's also that like previous cross-gen evolutions in GS and DP, those two and Ursaluna have new evolution methods -- the Black Augurite and Peat Block are new items, while Psyshield Bash is a new move (to say nothing of agile/strong style, though I imagine if Wyrdeer features in future titles it'd be simplified to just using Psyshield Bash). This is consistent with introducing items like the Electrizer or Razor Claw, and granting Ancient Power to Yanma and Tangela as an 'explanation' for why they couldn't evolve in previous titles.

So how exactly does the damage formula work now? I was reading somewhere that the actual attack stat is relatively unimportant, so something like a Gyarados would do more damage with Hydro Pump than it would Aqua Tail or a Chansey can deal considerable damage with Double Edge.

Or did I misread and I'm going full noob by stapling Spark to my Magnezone.

Edit: seems from my reading that Attack stat is much less important than base power, levels, and speed. So something like Hyper Beam Steelix isn't as dumb as it sounds.

Last edited:
I'll take the L on the Weezing thing (in this very set it's very releavant that there is a Galarian Tylhposion V & V-Star but not normal)
however

Mr. Rime could have easily been labeled "Mr. Rime" and still only evolve from Glarian Mr. Mime.
They have to explicitly specify it no matter what

It'd just be far easier to label them ala Hisuian Wydeer, surely.
I agree on the removal of "Galarian" if there is no form with this designator. However, there is a Pokemon Tool card introduced in the Chilling Reign expansion, called "Galarian Chestplate", which decreases damage to the Pokemon having the Tool by 30 if "Galarian" is in the card's name. However, it's not exactly possible to freely remove Pokemon Tool cards without using attacks/Abilities/Supporters/items/Stadiums.

I agree on the removal of "Galarian" if there is no form with this designator. However, there is a Pokemon Tool card introduced in the Chilling Reign expansion, called "Galarian Chestplate", which decreases damage to the Pokemon having the Tool by 30 if "Galarian" is in the card's name. However, it's not exactly possible to freely remove Pokemon Tool cards without using attacks/Abilities/Supporters/items/Stadiums.
The fun thing about that card is it is, I believe, the only piece of Galarian support in the game?
And it was introduced in the last possible Galar set.

Though if they introduce a "Hisuian" support item (not in this set, already, so we're not setting good precedent here) that means Kleavor & Wyrdeer (& presumable Ursaluna) won't be getting access to it so Mr Rime STILL could have been just "Mr Rime" and just been left out of the .... fun? I guess?

So, with the announcement of an upcoming 14-minute-long Presents for Pokemon Day, it might be time to go back to this.
Honestly the fact that the Presents was only ever announced in Japan combined with "All I'll say about April" is starting to make me think the "April" isn't release but announcement.

It'd be easy to blame the Ukraine situation (the various english side nintendo twitters have not tweeted since about the 23rd, with the invasion kicking off late in the EST evening of the 23rd) except...the Presents was announced at 9:00 AM EST in Japan. The English twitter continued tweeting out Pokemon Day stuff all day on the 23rd (they even put up a video for their bidoof stuff), but never tweeted about the Presents, even alongside the Japanese announcement.

I just kind of wonder if it's just going to be entirely japanese-based Pokemon Day fluff. Stuff that would primarily never matter for a western audience.

Pessimistic? definitely. But we'll see in about 8 hours, I suppose.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
tbh i would be weirdly content with nothing of substance being revealed tomorrow because it means there's no rush to move on to The Next Big Thing™️

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)