Mewtwo Raid (September 1-17) + Lead Up Events (Aug 9, Aug 18)

Has anyone had success with galar moltres? It has ice beam sure and if tera dark you get hit by aura sphere, wasn't sure its worth training for it

Has anyone had success with galar moltres? It has ice beam sure and if tera dark you get hit by aura sphere, wasn't sure its worth training for it
0+ SpA Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Moltres-Galar: 140-166 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Usable? Probably I suppose, but I don't see much reason to just not use Mew instead unless you really want to with friends.
You also have no recovery and no way to boost your defenses so you're relying on someone else to heal you, I don't see what it'd bring to the table honestly. Berserk sounds nice on paper until you realize it'll just get wiped off by the dispel pulse anyway.

I plan to try Armarouge to Support offensive Mews, so I want to confirm, does Psystrike get weakened by Reflect or Light Screen? Gonna go with CS/LS and then two of Reflect/Helping Hand/Mystical Fire/Acid Spray depending on the team I end up arranging formally for it.
Light Screen lowers Psystrike so Reflect is irrelevant for this raid even though they gave out its TM earlier.

I plan to try Armarouge to Support offensive Mews, so I want to confirm, does Psystrike get weakened by Reflect or Light Screen? Gonna go with CS/LS and then two of Reflect/Helping Hand/Mystical Fire/Acid Spray depending on the team I end up arranging formally for it.
Psystrike is affected by lightscreen.

Also I think Acid Spray is not useful here, clear smog is much better.

Also I think Acid Spray is not useful here, clear smog is much better.
The problem with Clear Smog is that you're also clearing up Struggle bug / Snarl / Mystical Fire drops.
I'd only use Clear Smog if noone else is debuffing Spatk.
Acid Spray per se is pointless as noone should be using special attacks anyway.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem with Clear Smog is that you're also clearing up Struggle bug / Snarl / Mystical Fire drops.
Actually had a (Tera Ghost?) it looked like Mew who just kept spamming Acid Spray and Life Dew the whole raid. Lucky the rest of us 3 were able to pull it off.

1693578665917.png
1693579252812.png

I kept getting disconnected last night so today I queued in with a random team on Discord with a support Mew including Slowpokeking's forementioned Clear Smog/Light Screen Armarouge, so there was some unoptimized overlap to build around that, and my own Light Screen could have been replaced with something like Reflect Type or Helping Hand or Transform. The battle goes about how you expect so there's not much to say there. We took a death on one Mew, and the other ran out of PP, but we barely won even while running out of healing near the end and dealing with Mewtwo taking two moves in one turn, which I feel makes Clear Smog riskier in the endgame but it enables some extra moveslots if you really want to coordinate around it. I feel like Life Dew is a better flex slot than Misty Terrain or Light Screen when coordinated since you only need one support to set it, but if you are trying with randoms then I agree you may as well take Misty Terrain to be self sufficient and block off an entire Rest.

I also noticed that Life Dew only heals based on Mew's original 404 HP for 101 health.

View attachment 547412View attachment 547417
I kept getting disconnected last night so today I queued in with a random team on Discord with a support Mew including Slowpokeking's forementioned Clear Smog/Light Screen Armarouge, so there was some unoptimized overlap to build around that, and my own Light Screen could have been replaced with something like Reflect Type or Helping Hand or Transform. The battle goes about how you expect so there's not much to say there. We took a death on one Mew, and the other ran out of PP, but we barely won even while running out of healing near the end and dealing with Mewtwo taking two moves in one turn, which I feel makes Clear Smog riskier in the endgame but it enables some extra moveslots if you really want to coordinate around it. I feel like Life Dew is a better flex slot than Misty Terrain or Light Screen when coordinated since you only need one support to set it, but if you are trying with randoms then I agree you may as well take Misty Terrain to be self sufficient and block off an entire Rest.

I also noticed that Life Dew only heals based on Mew's original 404 HP for 101 health.
Misty Terrain is also good to prevent frozen.

I think you can replace Lightscreen with taunt if the Armarouge got lightscreen.

To further lower damage, snow scape/Aurora veil also works but there is no good mon for it.

It was meant to let everyone not waste time to debuff and focus on damage/healing.

I think you can replace Lightscreen with taunt if the Armarouge got lightscreen.
Taunt doesn't really serve any real purpose, unless you somehow manage to *precisely* time it as the shield breaks.
Sure it would stop Calm Minds after the shield is broken but after the shield break it's already basically GG anyway.

If anything you could slot Iron Defense to eat Psystrike better.

It was meant to let everyone not waste time to debuff and focus on damage/healing.
There's no "waste time", you don't need more than 2 damage dealers anyway, Struggle Bug still chips at the boss, and since he keeps rebuffing calm mind on other player turn, having one person spamming it doesn't do any real harm.
The various Support Mew will basically just spam that as they don't have another offensive move anyway.

Taunt doesn't really serve any real purpose, unless you somehow manage to *precisely* time it as the shield breaks.
Sure it would stop Calm Minds after the shield is broken but after the shield break it's already basically GG anyway.

If anything you could slot Iron Defense to eat Psystrike better.

There's no "waste time", you don't need more than 2 damage dealers anyway, Struggle Bug still chips at the boss, and since he keeps rebuffing calm mind on other player turn, having one person spamming it doesn't do any real harm.
The various Support Mew will basically just spam that as they don't have another offensive move anyway.
it could make the later run smoother still.

Yeah Iron Defense works, too.

I was talking about 2 dps+1 support and Armarouge.

Overall Armarouge works great as support in this raid.

I guess even with support Scizor is a no go?

Not really expecting it to work out, I just really want to use Scizor against something so it can Focus Energy and auto-crit with X-Scissor.

I really hope GF won't make any more raids like this. I don't think it's hard, with a good team there is no problem.

But

It is totally unsoloable, which means every time you got to spend time not on the content, but to find ppl and wait/talk alot.

The fight is wayyyy too long and intensive, much longer than other tera raids and the shield was crazy.

So it's fun to beat it once, not again and again and again due to the length and the effort you got to spend to find others. Its reward after first time wasn't impressive either. I don't want to do it every day, not to say more than once per day.

I prefer something like that : Soloable with some challenge features, and you can get better reward with groups.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really hope GF won't make any more raids like this. I don't think it's hard, with a good team there is no problem.

But

It is totally unsoloable, which means every time you got to spend time not on the content, but to find ppl and wait/talk alot.

The fight is wayyyy too long and intensive, much longer than other tera raids and the shield was crazy.

So it's fun to beat it once, not again and again and again due to the length and the effort you got to spend to find others. Its reward after first time wasn't impressive either. I don't want to do it every day, not to say more than once per day.

I prefer something like that : Soloable with some challenge features, and you can get better reward with groups.
I doubt (hope) there’ll be another like this - hopefully they’ll learn from feedback - but it does make sense in isolation for Mewtwo and Mew considering their lore and Mewtwo’s status as one of the strongest mons ever. Hopefully its just this one extremely tough unsoloable raid but I could see them doing it with certain others e.g Necrozma (would actually work amazingly lore wise if you got some boost from having all 4 tapu), Regigigas etc.

Had my first proper attempt.

apparently word hasn’t got out about using the basic tera mechanic!!

4 Mews, I was the only one who tera’d, Leech Life ran out of PP about 5% away from the Shield going down.

eventually 1 does Tera and it’s water?! :psytear: Using Surf against a +6 SPD Mewtwo?! :psycry:

would have smashed it 1st time if someone else brought ONE offensive move & they tera’d..

(Granted I forgot to use PP Max lol but!!)

I doubt (hope) there’ll be another like this - hopefully they’ll learn from feedback - but it does make sense in isolation for Mewtwo and Mew considering their lore and Mewtwo’s status as one of the strongest mons ever. Hopefully its just this one extremely tough unsoloable raid but I could see them doing it with certain others e.g Necrozma (would actually work amazingly lore wise if you got some boost from having all 4 tapu), Regigigas etc.
Still it might be ok to do once, but too many times=meh, maybe after you beat it, introduce a new soloable version.

Had my first proper attempt.

apparently word hasn’t got out about using the basic tera mechanic!!

4 Mews, I was the only one who tera’d, Leech Life ran out of PP about 5% away from the Shield going down.

eventually 1 does Tera and it’s water?! :psytear: Using Surf against a +6 SPD Mewtwo?! :psycry:

would have smashed it 1st time if someone else brought ONE offensive move & they tera’d..

(Granted I forgot to use PP Max lol but!!)
Welcome to the random tera matchup, where you can fail the easiest raid with countless WTF ways.

Last edited:
Second attempt.. three Mews, all tera’d.. eventually. We also had an Armarogue who was getting annihilated despite Clear Smog & Light Screen. One of the Mews just stopped using Struggle Bug.. wonderful times.

Im very used to solo’ing these raids so this is a nightmare

Second attempt.. three Mews, all tera’d.. eventually. We also had an Armarogue who was getting annihilated despite Clear Smog & Light Screen. One of the Mews just stopped using Struggle Bug.. wonderful times.

Im very used to solo’ing these raids so this is a nightmare
Need it to be full HP/def and a Mew need to keep heal up.

Also if it's clear smog spam, there is no need to use struggle bug.

Need it to be full HP/def and a Mew need to keep heal up.

Also if it's clear smog spam, there is no need to use struggle bug.
Very much doubting these people are ev’ing or even.. thinking.

instead they’re bringing tera Fairy, Dragon & Ghost and having no offensive presence.

I *just* had a flying type Mew who kept spamming Air Slash. No one else is bringing offense to these raids it’s very frustrating
I've had one of these too! Except he used Power Gem first, Air Slash later.

The sad thing is that we lost that match due to timer. Me and the other Mew were defensive/support, and obviously the last Mew ran out of PPs on Leech Life eventually.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've used 5-6 different mons specifically built for this Mewtwo raid, and I want to reiterate that using anything other than Mew is really making a conscious choice to use inferior mons, and you are intentionally making the raid harder on yourself. And that's fine, if you like that kind of challenge. But if you are struggling to win this raid and you AREN'T using Mew, then you need to change your pokemon.

:sv/mew:
Mew @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 210 Atk / 48 Spe
- Leech Life
- Swords Dance
- Struggle Bug
- Misty Terrain

The simple fact is that with the stat boost granted to Mew in this raid, there is no other pokemon in the dex that comes anywhere close to it. Think about it this way, in this raid, using the Mew build I show above, it is the same as if Mew's base stats are:

201 / 129 / 123 / 123 / 123 / 125 = 824 BST

Think about that for a second.
That stat line makes Arceus and its humongous 720 BST look like a pre-evolution compared to Mew in this raid.

And Mew's base typing resists two of Mewtwo's 3 attacks including the one that Mewtwo is gonna use almost all the time anyway -- Psystrike. Yeah, anyone thinking Mewtwo is gonna be Ice Beaming Mew because it is a neutral hit instead of a resisted Psystrike, needs to check the damage calc. Tera Psychic Mewtwo's Psystrike is freaking fearsome and will obliterate damn near anything in its path -- and that is BEFORE it starts Calm Minding up, btw. Yeah, dude. Don't walk... RUN, if you are packing anything other than Mew for this raid.

Oh and you know that Mew gets almost literally every move in the universe, right? With every other mon with subpar stats and typing, you'll comb through the learnset and see what can help versus Mewtwo. But with Mew, it's like eating at the All-You-Can-Move Buffet - so you just pick whatever you want and go from there.

Don't get me wrong, I've played lots of other mons in this raid already, and I'm sure I'll play more before it's all said and done. But I've lost like 90% of the time with anything not named Mew, so when I play those other mons, I'm really just experimenting. I ain't really Playing To Win (wink to Sirlin, lol) if I don't run Mew. And you aren't either, if you look at it logically.

IMG_8974.jpeg

Let’s never speak of this again!

(love ball cause Mewtwo needs a bit of lovin [in a non furry way he’s just depressed])

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)