Mewtwo Raid (September 1-17) + Lead Up Events (Aug 9, Aug 18)

The Mewtwo raid will be the next 7* Raid, Psychic Tera type

In the lead up to it there will be 2 events designed to prepare you for it.
Prepare the Offense:
Aug 9 -17

A Show of Supporters:
Aug 18-31

They will also rerun alongside the Mewtwo Raid on September 1

Mew will have a special interaction and is encouraged to be brought along
We know what that is thanks to datamines. You get a 50% boost to your HP and 20% boost to your other stats, as well as getting the Mightiest Mark

By the fact you're also literally gifting you a Mew (code is GETY0URMEW , available till Sept 18) it looks like they're incentivising... using Mew in first place.

Which does make sense, and honestly I am looking forward to it, considering Mew's moveset is what it is AND it naturally learns Life Dew if you want to go supportive!

By the fact you're also literally gifting you a Mew (code is GETY0URMEW , available till Sept 18) it looks like they're incentivising... using Mew in first place.

Which does make sense, and honestly I am looking forward to it, considering Mew's moveset is what it is AND it naturally learns Life Dew if you want to go supportive!
I am pretty sure the presents even said "raise up your Mew!" so I look forward to whatever raids they bring up going unused because every raid is jsut going to be 4 Mews lol

I wonder if a 20% stat increase is actually enough to put Mew even with Mewtwo. Yours will have EVs over the presumably 0'd Wild Mewtwo, but there's such a huge gap on the stats that probably matter (Raid HP and Mewtwo definitely won't use its ATK stat). I'll be very curious to see the moveset because by design, Mew essentially means the Raid has to prepare for ANYTHING. Every Tera Type (even if randomly rolled) and every Gen 9 TM plus some side support like Life Dew is available, so I'm hoping they don't go the lazy way of just jacking Mewtwo's Raid benefits up with a continuous shield or something.

The fact they kinda *want* you to use Mew makes me assume Mewtwo won't have Shadow Ball.

I am expecting Psystrike / Aura Sphere / Nasty Plot and fillers.

Prepare the Offense (week 1): Scizor, Hydreigon, and Blissey 5 star raids will be available
A Show of Supporters (weeks 2-3): Grimmsnarl, Hatterene, and Blissey 5 star raids will be available

With Scizor and Hydreigon being recommended, that basically excludes any possibility that they'll throw on Fire or Fairy coverage. Single weaknesses, like Aura Sphere for Hydreigon/Blissey or Shadow Ball for Mew, should still be expected as fair game; they can be cancelled out with one Light Screen or Amnesia, after all.

I am pretty sure the presents even said "raise up your Mew!" so I look forward to whatever raids they bring up going unused because every raid is jsut going to be 4 Mews lol
"Raise your mew!" As I proceed to throw candies and tera food at this mythical being.

Reactions: CPU
I have an idea for a Mew build, but there is a chance Mewtwo may have some stuff to counter it.

:SV/Mew:
Shell Bell
Tera Dark
252 Spec Def or HP (Depends if Mewtwo will be purely Special or a mixed attacker) / 252 Spec Atk / 6 Spec Def or HP
Modest Nature

Dark Pulse
Acid Spray
Nasty Plot
Snarl

I decided to make him Tera Dark because I really don't feel like dealing with Psystrike. In fact, if Mewtwo is purely special this would actually be very good because normally the problem with Psystrike is that since it targets the physically defensive side special walls would have a hard time against it.

With Scizor and Hydreigon being recommended, that basically excludes any possibility that they'll throw on Fire or Fairy coverage.
Mewtwo can't learn any Fairy moves anyways.

Last edited:
Most mews will be support considering its attack stats while they can be buffed require too much setup. Probably mudslap/acid spray/life dew/snarl

Mewtwo's movepool is super colorful, that it could have anything for its extra moves. Wisp, TWave (thankfully, Mew has Synchronize lol) Taunt, Psychic Terrain, maybe even Calm Mind alongside Nasty Plot.

I'd be wary of Mist, too, just like with the Inteleon raids, which prevents stat-debuffing. Is it likely to run it? Probably not, but the possibility isn't 0%.

I feel like this whole idea of promoting this Mew event with a hashtag is probably not very well thought out with how Twitter is doing now, though I guess if this event was going to happen last month as intended then it would be happening right as the rate limits were added and logged out users couldn't see Twitter.
1691508527516.png

Prepare the Offense (week 1): Scizor, Hydreigon, and Blissey 5 star raids will be available
A Show of Supporters (weeks 2-3): Grimmsnarl, Hatterene, and Blissey 5 star raids will be available

With Scizor and Hydreigon being recommended, that basically excludes any possibility that they'll throw on Fire or Fairy coverage. Single weaknesses, like Aura Sphere for Hydreigon/Blissey or Shadow Ball for Mew, should still be expected as fair game; they can be cancelled out with one Light Screen or Amnesia, after all.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...d-hydreigon-light-up-5-star-tera-raid-battles
Pokemon.com claims that "Mewtwo is sure to be a formidable foe—and it’s got the Mightiest Mark to prove it—so get ready to strike back with Blissey’s valuable support moves, Scizor’s supereffective Bug-type attacks, and Hydreigon’s Dark-type immunity to Psychic-type damage!", so I'm interested to see if Blissey offers anything new other than the Light Screen and Life Dew that Mew already has, which is nice itself that the randoms will ideally be able to provide support at base if they don't delete it. I like that they're bringing back the idea of the 5-star raid counters too.

Also this gives Violet players a free version exclusive in their own game for once.

I decided to make him Tera Dark because I really don't feel like dealing with Psystrike. In fact, if Mewtwo is purely special this would actually be very good because normally the problem with Psystrike is that since it targets the physically defensive side special walls would have a hard time against it.
I just straight up got a Tera Dark one, it comes with Dark Pulse.

I imagine some people will be using Spiritomb for support. Then again, Spiritomb lacks recovery outside of Dream Eater, and no way anyone will be taking the risk of using Hypnosis. And even then, with Dream Eater being not very effective he won't exactly get healed by much.

Spiritomb will be helpful if for some reason Mewtwo does open with Mist, because Infiltrator lets you ignore that and Snarl away. Maybe even throw some Rock Tombs if you have defense-boosting/recovering teammates who would appreciate going first.

Do we know what types of raids are running? very much here for the Blissey EXP raid event again :psysly:
https://pokemonkorea.co.kr/Get_Mew_Mewtwo/menu332
From the Korean site, the rewards will include EXP Candy/Tera Shards in both events, with the first focusing on Atk/SpA/Speed vitamins with TMs for Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Calm Mind/Nasty Plot, and the second on HP/Defense/Special Defense vitamins and Light Screen/Reflect/Snarl/Struggle Bug TMs.

https://pokemonkorea.co.kr/Get_Mew_Mewtwo/menu333
There is also a picture of Mewtwo using Psystrike with some terrain that looks like Misty Terrain from an ally to me.

There is also a picture of Mewtwo using Psystrike with some terrain that looks like Misty Terrain from an ally to me.
Looks much more like Psychic terrain from Mewtwo itself to me

From the Korean site, the rewards will include EXP Candy/Tera Shards in both events, with the first focusing on Atk/SpA/Speed vitamins with TMs for Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Calm Mind/Nasty Plot, and the second on HP/Defense/Special Defense vitamins and Light Screen/Reflect/Snarl/Struggle Bug TMs.
Bunch of free raid-useful TMs that also happen to be good moves regardless??

SIGN ME UP SCOTT

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I just noticed the giveaway Mew is a random Tera Type and the first move in its moveset matches its Tera Type — pretty cool! Never seen a pokemon giveaway like that.

I hope the Blissey raids are Tera Shard monty hauls like the last Blissey raid. GF seems to have realized how stupidly difficult it is to change tera type, and are “apologizing” with Blissey raids… I hope.

I wanted to talk about some of the Pokemon the official website is listing as "recommendations." Whether or not these options should be considered as truthful, genuine advice or a potential sucker punch (pun intended) is to be determined (say, Mewtwo actually has Fire-type attacks for Scizor), but let's assume they actually are trying to help their playerbase.

:Hatterene:

Since it has Magic Bounce as an ability, I suspect Mewtwo might be running some status moves, whether it's Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, etc. A damn shame Hatterene doesn't get defense-debuffing moves like Fake Tears or Screech, but it could be an ok randoms support if you went with something like this:

Hatterene (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Nuzzle
- Any combination of Mystical Fire, Light Screen, Helping Hand, Life Dew, Misty Terrain, Heal Pulse

Nuzzle is noteworthy since it's a 100% chance to paralyze, and it goes through shield.

:scizor:

If Mewtwo actually runs Fire-type attacks, that'd be funny as hell. Let's assume it's not. The best attack Mewtwo could hit Scizor with would be Focus Blast. Scizor kind of puzzles me as an option they went with because it lost Roost this gen, and is isn't particularly sturdy on the special side, even with investment.

Scizor @ Shell Bell
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leer
- X-Scissor / Pounce
- Light Screen

I personally don't think Scizor will succeed without a significant amount of support.

:hydreigon:

Hydreigon also has me confused. Like Scizor, it lost Roost. There's also a high chance Mewtwo will be packing Fighting coverage, whether it'll be Aura Sphere or Focus Blast, with 4 HP / 252 SpDef Hydreigon still being very likely to be 2HKOd by Aura Sphere.

Hydreigon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 192 HP / 64 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Snarl
- Rock Tomb

This shit ain't good, really needed to scrape the bottom of the barrel for this one. If anyone comes up with something better, go for it, but imo I'd just use something else.

:grimmsnarl:

Now Grimmsnarl, I'm definitely confident will make for a good support option. Dark/Fairy gives it a Psychic-immunity and a neutrality to Fighting moves, and Grimm has the tools to absolutely bully Mewtwo like it did with Tera Dragon Charizard. Light Screen + Spirit Break will make Mewtwo's damage output pathetic, and Fake Tears harshly lowers SpDef.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
Calm Nature
- Spirit Break
- Light Screen
- Taunt / Misty Terrain
- Fake Tears

:blissey:

lol, lmao, xd even.

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 418-492 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey through Light Screen: 209-246 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- 5.4% chance to 3HKO

You're honestly better off using Eviolite Chansey since the damage rolls are way lower:

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 306-360 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey through Light Screen: 153-180 (21.7 - 25.5%) -- 0.8% chance to 4HKO

Regardless, if it Nasty Plots turn 1 or something, RIP.

Blissey (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Soft-Boiled
- Life Dew
- Helping Hand

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Soft-Boiled
- Helping Hand
- Life Dew

Now, lemme show you the heatest, greatest, most unimaginable support ever:

:rabsca:
Rabsca @ Light Clay / Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Bug
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Speed Swap
- Struggle Bug
- Light Screen
- Recover

The one Pokemon in the entire game that knows Speed Swap, and Rabsca is extremely slow. All of your teammates will very likely outspeed Mewtwo after Speed Swap is used. Not only that, it has the tools to withstand Mewtwo's assault. Light Screen, Recover, and assuming no Mist, Struggle Bug, will allow Rabsca and its team to never die.

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rabsca: 134-158 (37.8 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rabsca through Light Screen: 67-79 (18.9 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO

:SV/Spiritomb:
Leftovers
Infiltrator
You probably won't want to Terastallize him because then Mewtwo might be able to hit him super effectively, but if you feel like doing some (albeit paltry) damage, Dark just so you won't have to worry about Psystrike, especially if this guy sets up Psychic Terrain
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
Sassy Nature

Snarl
Rock Tomb
Taunt
Helping Hand/Calm Mind

0+ SpA Mewtwo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Spiritomb: 63-75 (20.7 - 24.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Fwiw the Blissey raids are basically still the same free raid that spam Heal Pulse and whatnot and give hilarious amounts of tera shards as reward.

I think they're not there as a potential supportive option but just to feed you tera shards like in the other Blissey event
1691570502281.png

(the other rewards were 4 rare candies and like 12 XL/L exp candies)

I agree the Blissey raids are more as Loot Pinatas than raid supporters themselves. Mewtwo's Signature move being the powerful Psystrike there is NO way they don't use it (most other "Event Raids" usually only forego the move if they have a stronger option and/or the move wasn't true signature by now, like Fire Blast > Mystical Fire for Delphox), especially since Mewtwo is Tera Psychic for a Super STAB instead of the typical Mix-up typing. Blissey would probably wall it out even with Focus Blast if it had that which would make the support job a bit TOO easy for a species they give easy and free access to.

I wonder how Bulletproof Ursaluna would fare. Immunity to the most likely coverage options in Aura Sphere/Focus Blast, Physical Bulk to sponge Psystrike while debuffers go to work until it gets to Tera Dark Crunch (Mewtwo has no Fairy or Bug moves so nullifying the Fighting coverage makes that safe). Support is probably mandatory regardless because there's no option to resist all 3 of the move types Mewtwo puts up for consideration (Psychic, Fighting, and Ghost via Shadow Ball).

I wonder how Bulletproof Ursaluna would fare. Immunity to the most likely coverage options in Aura Sphere/Focus Blast, Physical Bulk to sponge Psystrike while debuffers go to work until it gets to Tera Dark Crunch (Mewtwo has no Fairy or Bug moves so nullifying the Fighting coverage makes that safe). Support is probably mandatory regardless because there's no option to resist all 3 of the move types Mewtwo puts up for consideration (Psychic, Fighting, and Ghost via Shadow Ball).
Ice coverage is also a possibility, with it knowing Ice Beam and Blizzard. If not, Ursaluna might be alright, yeah.

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 6 Def Ursaluna: 220-260 (47.4 - 56%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ursaluna: 172-204 (37 - 43.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 6 HP / 252 Def Ursaluna: 176-208 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0+ SpA Tera Psychic Mewtwo Ice Beam vs. 6 HP / 252+ SpD Ursaluna: 172-204 (42.7 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)