How to update your Sprites to HG/SS!

GIFs, as far as I know, don't work. I think the way you can get around to using animated sprites is by using double PNG files. But I don't think Shoddy supports that. Ask bearzly for more help on that. 'Cause as far as I know, it doesn't work.

If you like other sprites better (I think Houndoom G/S sprite rocks) go to the Pokemon you want on Bulbapedia, download the sprite, name it mname of your pokemon (no space) and drag it into fnormal. Then rename it fname of your pokemon and do the same thing. If the pokemon is genderless, you just do mname of your pokemon.

One problem. I use a Windows XP 2000, and in my Application Settings, I don't have a shoddy battle icon or anything I can drag it to. All the other parts of it work fine, and I have folder options not hidden, but there is no Shoddy icon.

A detail I think is important is that when I go to user folders, I only have All Users, Owner, and Default User. Would that make a difference?

You should go to the user that you are on. If you are on Admin, then go to Admin, Owner, then go to Owner. Theoretically, you could also go to all users and try it, since it should update for all, but then again, that's in theory. Where did you save the Shoddy Battle Folder for the first question?

I saved Shoddy Battle into its own folder, coming straight off of My Documents. I saved the sprite folder in said folder along with it.

I would have to suggest that you try both XP and Vista version's procedures, if you find a problem tell me and I'll try my best to fix it.

Most likely a specific CPU problem, Synth.

So LB, I'm at the point where I have the download, and the existing folders (frontshiny) (frontnormal) etc... so what do I do? Do I drag the download with the long name into the existing folder?

And what program opens the download?

WinRar, (maybe WinZip also opens it), opens this HGSS file. You go into your 1.0 folder and drag the two folders you have inside your HGSS file (the Frontshiny and frontnormal), into the 1.0 folder. Then you click replace all and boom you're done.

What? I think I did something wrong.

That's a screenshot of my 1.0 file. I am assuming the four files at the bottom are what was in the HG/SS folder when WinZip unzipped it?

So what do I do? Opening the folders, say "backnormal", gives me a collection of images that are back normal sprites, for some not all Pokemon. I tried dragging one of the files into a folder, but when I looked in the folder, it had the file and then the same pictures.

Clicking on a file gives me this:

So did I screw up or am I being an idiot?

(Sorry if I broke some rules with image size)

Thanks.

You screwed up somewhere, but it'll take me a while to figure out what you did wrong. Maybe it was something wrong with the HGSS file. I'll try to figure it out.

I assume those long file names are the unique ID's for the servers you have been on. Looks similar to the codes genrated on the ShoddyBattle site, so leave those files alone.

i think the reason you don't see all the back sprites is because you've never used that pokemon on shoddybattle
and to get the new sprites try this
extract the frontnormal and frontshiny to your desktop
then drag those files into the 1.0 folder
something should pop up and say DO YOU WANT TO MOVE AND REPLACE? say yes

oh yeah, and ignore those files that are called asdsd89f6s89adfads8ofyds8fsdf
Are you saying to put the folders on the desktop, then put them back in 1.0? I think I've misunderstood, 'cus that does nothing.

By the way, none of the folders have all the sprites in them

The pictures in the folders are D/P sprites, not Platinum, not HG/SS.

Ok, just take the Folders in HGSS.zip and drag them into the 1.0 folder, nothing else. Then Replace All. And you get the new sprites.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
After "yourname" on XP I can't find the Local Settings folder, and I checked "Show hidden folders and files" :(.

EDIT: Went through regedit and fixed it ^_^

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hidden folders and files just wouldn't stay even after I pressed the "apply" button lol. So I had to make it permanently stay through other means and it works fine :)

As there were a few problems with the sprites of a couple of Pokemon (Crobat and Weavile's counterparts, Golbat and Sneasel took their place for a couple of sprites) I fixed the changes and uploaded a new file. Enjoy!

Sorry for double posting, but this is essentially a breakthrough!

Just downloaded it and I must say they look very very cool, thank you!

Apart from Jolteon's sprite. possibly the worst in any pokemon game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)