How to update your Sprites to HG/SS!

Thanks for finding the info out for Linux users. I updated the OP, hopefully now all the users will be able to switch to HG/SS sprites.

Um, you should change "Home" to "home" as Linux is case-sensitive. I'm sure most users would be fine, but for completion's sake...

Great work. I'm sure someone can work out an automated merge for the animated sprites...

I'll fix the case-sensitive thing.

As for the animated sprites, I tried it out with RB-Golbat, using Emerald animations, and it didn't work. The only reason I'm thinking that it wouldn't work would be because Shoddy doesn't support animations. Maybe this will be fixed in the future, who knows.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I actually tried with animated sprites at some point and it sort of worked. In Shoddy Battle 2 there is a basic 2 frame animation, and unless anyone has ripped the full animated HG/SS sprites as gifs then I won't be attempting any other gif support

I actually tried with animated sprites at some point and it sort of worked. In Shoddy Battle 2 there is a basic 2 frame animation, and unless anyone has ripped the full animated HG/SS sprites as gifs then I won't be attempting any other gif support
Animated PNGs work, and I've tried them.. however its rather annoying to see a constant moving pokemon throughout the entire match.

Well, the Pe2k Sprites were .GIF. So, I don't think .GIF works. Like I said before and bearzly said, Shoddy Battle 2 should be able to support the 2 frame animation.

Statigar, when you tried the animated PNGs, did it come out clean or were the pictures choppy? Also, did you animate the sprites yourself, or did they come animated?

Awesome. Thanks, Lord Blood. I happened to see a similar topic over at Project Pokemon. wraith89 of those forums discovered that frontnormal/fcrobat and frontnormal/fweavile were incorrect (Golbat and Sneasel, respectively). Crobat is easily corrected by making a copy of frontnormal/mcrobat since male and female Crobat have no difference in appearance. Male and female Weavile do differ though; the male has longer ear feathers.

I don't know if I'm technically allowed to do this (if I'm not, let me know), but I got Weavile's female sprite from Bulbapedia. The problem though was that it was 80*80 pixels, which is Bulbapedia's standard. It needed to be reduced to 56*61. So, I opened up Photoshop and decided that I would just throw this sprite on top of frontshiny/fweavile only to find that this Weavile was actually wrong too; it was male.

For your convenience, here are the three you need to change. If I change the URLs for these and forget to update this post, PM me and I'll resolve it.

(The last one is named "fweavile_shiny". Delete the "_shiny" before putting it where it belongs)

Enjoy. Lord Blood, could you update the OP with this? Also, if any other incorrect sprites are discovered, send me a PM and I'll get around to making fixes for them.

Well, the Pe2k Sprites were .GIF. So, I don't think .GIF works. Like I said before and bearzly said, Shoddy Battle 2 should be able to support the 2 frame animation.

Statigar, when you tried the animated PNGs, did it come out clean or were the pictures choppy? Also, did you animate the sprites yourself, or did they come animated?
no it wasnt choppy.. but yes, I had to animate it myself... dont feel like making 493 versions >_>

yep,after 1 week trying i got to work,thanks blood,i heard in the middle of this talk that you can replace the sprites with other images...is that true?
edit:also,i heard that you forgot to put some sprites in(female weavile is one of the sprites not in the file) so can you also care to explain me how to put those certain sprites on my game?

No? Gengar's back sprite is not updated and gastrodon's also.
What exactly was wrong with them? I don't have these sprites since I've yet to use either of them. I am going to need their sprites as they appear in Shoddy now in order to fix them due to dimension issues.

I also couldn't see it in Applicatiob Data but I found that folder by using "search" option in menu start. Of course it is needed to mark "search subfolders".

K, I loaded them onto it, but they're not working. I get the DP Sprites in my team editor still :|

EDIT: Nvm I'm trying to load GIfs and they don't work on shoddy apparently. Anyone know where I can get png Pokesho files?

Also do gifs work on shoddy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)