How to update your Sprites to HG/SS!

It's very easy and takes around 5-8 minutes, at max, to do.

Follow these steps:

1) Download this: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b057ef8/n/HGSS.rar OR http://shaym.in/r/HGSS.zip
Those are the new sprites.

2) Drag them to:
Windows XP Users:
C: ---> Documents and Settings ---> YourName ---> Local Settings ---> Application Data ---> Shoddy Battle ---> Shoddy Battle --> 1.0

Or

Windows Vista Users:
C: --> Users --> YourName --> App Data --> Local --> Shoddy Battle --> 1.0

Or

Mac Users:
Users ---> YourName ---> .shoddybattle

or

Linux Users:
home ---> YourName ---> .shoddybattle

I haven't done the Mac and the Linux versions since I'm running Vista now and had XP before, but it seems very similar. But, if you get to this location, take the files out of the WinRAR and drag into the folder. Then replace all. There you go, you have the new HG/SS sprites.

If you don't see your Local (Settings) folder, follow these steps:

Windows 2000 and XP: Open "Folder Options" from the Windows Control Panel (or from the Windows Explorer or My Computer "Tools" menu). In Folder Options, click the "View" tab and, under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files and folders".

Or if you have Vista: From the Windows Start menu, click "Control Panel → Appearance and Personalization → Folder Options" (or type "Folder Options" in the Start Search box and a shortcut to "Folder Options" will appear). In the "Folder Options" window, click the "View" tab. Under "Hidden files and folders", select "Show hidden files and folders".

Or if you have Mac: Follow the instructions here.

Credits:
- Numbuh214 (and teamUber) for finding hidden folders.
- RB Golbat for finding info for Macs.
- Skymin Flower for helping me fix a few sprites.

Enjoy!

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Statigar won't even help me with a server. That's gay that he'll do this shit and won't help a TU regular. Thanks for the Sprites, sorry for ranting.

Worked for me, thanks for posting this. While I prefer DP's sprites, it's nice to have some variation.

Well, you can mix 'em up. like put some DP sprites and put some HG SS sprites, you know, to keep things fresh. This is basically like a sprite pack that you pick which you want to change, or you can change all.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
This is pretty cool. It's a lot different than what I'm used to, but I'll warm up to these sprites eventually. Thanks.

ok...i think i am doing in the right way...its just because i am from brasil,so my computer programs are not in the same name has the one you said(they are in portuguese) but now the only problem is to find the file to put the sprites,it cant be that hard

Np, loved to help all, just send me a PM on here or on Smogon University server if you have any questions or need help. And pass the knowledge around to people who don't know.

Thanks for sharing this.

Remember to give Numbuh214 full credit for renaming the sprites for use on shoddy, and to the teamUber community for distribution :pimp:

Statigar? You're thanking the wrong guy there; I found the folders for him and converted the sprites into both Platinum and HGSS formats. And if you don't believe me, ask him yourself.

EDIT: OR you could look at his post directly above mine. :P

THe back sprites haven't been updated, but if you want, you can just put an image in that folder and rename it the name of a current image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)