XY Metagame Speculation [SPOILERS ITT]

Can anybody estimate base stats from this? This pic is pretty useless otherwise.

Geomancy is really unexpected, and I'm not sure how/if it'll be used. Two Quiver Dance Boosts are nice but the charge turn sucks and it forces you to run Power Herb if you want to negate it.
JibaNOTHERE> 115-130/128-143/95-110/131-146/95-110/99-104

WAIT HOLD ON.

At level 50 (Assuming Xerneas IS level 50 with a Neutral Nature), his stats are 190/148/115/151/113/119

At level 50 (Assuming the same thing about Yveltal), Yveltal's stats are 201/151/108/151/102/118

Their stats are almost exactly the same, which leads me to believe, that even without calculations, the two of them might have the exact same Base Stats. As for the variations, I'll blame IVs for that.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Who cares about anything anymore, Power Herb Xerneas with Geomancy / Moonblast / Thunder / Focus Blast is going to murder us all. Only Scizor, Choice Scarf Genesect, Arceus Steel, and Arceus Poison have a chance at saving us...

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
So Mega Gengar has Shadow Tag apparently.

That's probably worse than Chandelure...
Well the big thing about Chandelure is that it could run Choice Scarf. Mega Gengar will probably be fast af but Chandelure would still be more overall useful.

So, now Kyorge/Groundon may not be useful anymore?
Well, you have to consider that 99% of the time Kyogre won't be in for more than five turns. Specs And Scarf Kyogre will still unleash amazing Water Spouts. It's just that suddenly Sweep can't use Omastar with any reliability anymore, or anything dependent on weather for that matter.

Really sucks for Groudon though. I mean he doesn't even get that much from Sun!

It looks like the sleep counter is back to how it was before Gen 5, but yeah, who has time to use Rest when Herbneas is running around?

Mega Gengar stays Ghost/Poison, but it'll be interesting to see whether the ability to only use Shadow Tag once makes it less broken. As an example, it might need to Megaevolve to revenge a Ghostceus with Shadow Ball, but if the Ghostceus user switched out for Yvetal that turn, you might've wasted your Mega Evo.

Can't wait to see some calcs on Mega Mewtwo's Hi Jump Kick.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It looks like the sleep counter is back to how it was before Gen 5, but yeah, who has time to use Rest when Herbneas is running around?

Mega Gengar stays Ghost/Poison, but it'll be interesting to see whether the ability to only use Shadow Tag once makes it less broken. As an example, it might need to Megaevolve to revenge a Ghostceus with Shadow Ball, but if the Ghostceus user switched out for Yvetal that turn, you might've wasted your Mega Evo.

Can't wait to see some calcs on Mega Mewtwo's Hi Jump Kick.
Can you be a little less vague about sleep? Is it like Gen 4 when it didn't get reset by switching?

Also not sure how you're wasting your mega Evo when you can just switch-out..

Correct. It no longer resets upon switching. Are you saying that a Mega Evo lasts throughout the battle? I was under the impression that it was a one-time use that didn't last after switching out.

Correct. It no longer resets upon switching. Are you saying that a Mega Evo lasts throughout the battle? I was under the impression that it was a one-time use that didn't last after switching out.
Pokemon stay Mega Evolved when they switch out and revert at the end of the battle.

Pokemon stay Mega Evolved when they switch out and revert at the end of the battle.
In that case, welcome to Ubers, Gengar. You can even predict a switch to a scarfer and use Destiny Bond on the turn you evolve.

Someone in the leak thread mentioned a held item with a name like the Attack Vest that increases the holder's Special Defense while only allowing the use of directly damaging moves. That could help things tank a hit from some of the special onslaughts coming our way.

Disappointing indeed. Maybe it would see some use with Substitute? Baton Passing it a Sub would have huge payoff with the move. Alternatively, you could try and have it run Sub on its own, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

Weather nerf is HUGE. Long-term weather strategies are now down the drain somewhat, but I don't know that Kyogre and Groudon will be directly impacted. The two are rarely in for more than 5 turns anyway. If anything, this decreases the viability of Swift Swimmers or Chlorophyll users.

Unless, of course, Groudon and Kyogre get their own legendary versions of Drought and Drizzle (Scorch and Downpour?) that leave them unaffected.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Disappointing indeed. Maybe it would see some use with Substitute? Baton Passing it a Sub would have huge payoff with the move. Alternatively, you could try and have it run Sub on its own, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

Weather nerf is HUGE. Long-term weather strategies are now down the drain somewhat, but I don't know that Kyogre and Groudon will be directly impacted. The two are rarely in for more than 5 turns anyway. If anything, this decreases the viability of Swift Swimmers or Chlorophyll users.

Unless, of course, Groudon and Kyogre get their own legendary versions of Drought and Drizzle (Scorch and Downpour?) that leave them unaffected.
Kyogre and Groudon themselves wont be hurt really, but yeah the archetype will suffer a bit.

I wouldn't put it past GameFreak to give them Super Drought/Drizzle though.

Also for Xerneas, you could always give it Power Herb.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
if geomancy worked like wish it would be the most broken move ever created. As it stands it's already pretty scary when you combine it with Power Herb. Unlike the Freeze Shock gimmick, a high dmg set up sweeper usually only needs 1 turn of set up. In this one turn of set up, Xerneas gets a double Quiver Dance's worth of stat boosts. Along with its high Special Attack, Fairy Aura, and well...being a Fairy type, expect some wrecking. Almost nothing except Ditto and really strong Bullet Punches can revenge kill this Pokemon too...for now.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if geomancy worked like wish it would be the most broken move ever created. As it stands it's already pretty scary when you combine it with Power Herb. Unlike the Freeze Shock gimmick, a high dmg set up sweeper usually only needs 1 turn of set up. In this one turn of set up, Xerneas gets a double Quiver Dance's worth of stat boosts. Along with its high Special Attack, Fairy Aura, and well...being a Fairy type, expect some wrecking. Almost nothing except Ditto and really strong Bullet Punches can revenge kill this Pokemon too...for now.
Arceus Steel, Arceus Poison, and Choice Scarf Genesect can do it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Scarfgene gets outsped and back with the +2 speed and prob cant take a +2 Thunder. Arceus poison and steel may have to be careful of the potential Earth Power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)