Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
citro and BrandonBeast (is he banned won't let me tag ;_;)
Sorry for the wait, I went on holiday for a while, here you go:

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Okay so I know you requested Moxie, but Moxie really has no benefits over Mold Breaker on SD Pinsir, so I've gone with Mold Breaker. Standard max/max spread and edqequake coverage, no Quick Attack because it's piss weak unfortunately :/ I chose Rhydon to partner Pinsir, it gives the team a fire check as well as a check to fast offensive mons like Archeops and Tauros that trouble Pinsir due to it's speed disadvantage. I went with double dance Rhydon after some deliberation over whether Rhydon or Prinplup should have rocks, and double dance Rhydon is so good right now and benefits Pinsir more by taking out it's checks. Next was ferroseed, at this point I needed a water check and ferroseed is pretty reliable at that. The set is standard, I also felt like spikes stack would help Pinsir out a lot. At this point I struggled a bit with Xatu, Giga Drain Xatu nailed Rhydon and Heat Wave/Air Slash or just Twave meant Pinsir didn't have a great matchup either, plus, the team was looking really slow, so I chose Archeops. Archeops provided a secondary fire check as well as a way of punching holes in my opponents team and keeping up offensive pressure, which is really key given the slow nature of the rest of the team. Next I chose Mesprit, I needed a revenge killer and something that could potentially clutch the game late on. Scarf Healing Wish Mesprit is one of my favorites for this role, it has great coverage, giving me a way of beating Quagsire I didn't have before, as well as Signal Beam for Malamar if I lose Pinsir. Healing Wish can make or break a game late game, it's just awesome. Finally, there's Prinplup, a more reliable form of hazard control besides taunt on Archeops, and my Stealth Rocks. Standard set again, prinplup provides a third fire check, and another water check, and also a decent Rhydon check which looked to be trouble for the team. Hope you enjoy guys

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Since I can't seem to do it myself, someone build around defensive Miltank please :3

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: idek wtf these use, pick one that fits
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell / Stealth Rock

EV'd to get always get 3hko'd by Tauros/Arch after rocks, enough speed for neutral base 70s and rest thrown into SpD
please don't fuck with my spread ty x

Here is the Zwelious + Rampardos team you requested Machineae.

Zwelious and Rampardos
Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Head Smash

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

This team revolves around using Baton Pass to make slow Pokemon powerful wallbreakers. Zwelious is the standard CB set, with many hard hitting moves all 80 power or above. Rampardos is a LO Sheer Force set with many coverage moves. Combusken goes well with these two mons as it is a great bulky baton pass user that can pass speed. I added Sandslash because it gives me an Electric immunity, which is a very fast type. Some of those mons can outspeed boosted Zwelious, Rampardos, or Exeggutor. It also gives me a Stealth Rocker and spinner. At this point, my team was very weak to Water types, so I chose Exeggutor as a slow hard-hitting mon that can utilize SpeedPass and it has a good offensive typing. For my final mon, I needed a special wallbreaker, and Haunter fit the bill. I chose it because it has Levitate, which covers my two ground weaknesses and it also has Scarf D-Bond and Trick to take out setup sweepers or cripple walls. I hope you guys like my team.

EDIT: I replaced Flare Blitz with Fire Blast on Combusken because of recoil and Fire Blast targets physically defensive steel types.

Last edited:

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Hey PandaSaysNo!. We, the teambuilders, appreciate the effort you have put into making this team, however, it appears to be untested as the team just falls apart as soon as Combusken goes down and with it having Substitute as well as Flare Blitz, that is gonna be pretty easy for your opponent to knock it out. Also, it appears quite clearly that you've ended up building around Combusken and just thrown on the 2 mons he has requested alongside it and added some fillers to patch up some weaknesses.

Machineae, one of the teambuilders will accept your request and will post a team, hopefully soon, but as its quite an interesting core it may take some time and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks to both of you, I appreciate you taking the time to try and make me a team Panda! I'll give it a shot and alter it a bit on my own. I'm also really looking forward to seeing what the builders can come up with because of much variety you can get in making a team w/ this core. The option of focusing on speed and making them fast somehow, or taking advantage of their low speed (and medium bulk) in a TR team interests me.

Can anyone make a team around this SD scyther? Preferably use claydol as a spinner

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Sorry about that then.
How about Charcoal/Specs Pyroar + Claydol (offensive spinner) then?

Pyroar @ Charcoal / Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / something

Last edited:
First time posting on the NU forum... :v4:

Was wondering if anyone could create a team around choice band Dusknoir. I love getting creative by mixing NU and PU pokemon, so maybe a team with a little of both.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone make a HO team using Shiftry, it seems like a pretty good mon in the current meta
Hi there, sorry but I'm going to reject your request because there's already been multiple teams posted here with Shiftry, which you can check out here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-oras-nu-teambuilding-lab-open.3531285/page-20#post-6363577
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-oras-nu-teambuilding-lab-open.3531285/page-21#post-6367643
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-oras-nu-teambuilding-lab-open.3531285/page-21#post-6371444

You can request something else if you'd like though.

OK so I generally play ou but like with anything u do u tend to get a bit bored of it if u do it too much so I want to get try out nu.

Anyway I would like to to request a team around a very new mon to nu being Hitmonchan. In particular an agility set. I have no idea how good this is gunna be but I think it should be pretty solid. The moves and sets are up to u as it may depend on the team members to what moves and evs it has (sorry if that creates a problem in any way). As for the style of the team I would prefer a bulky offense/hyper offense team ( I don't really mind which ). Look forward to seeing the team :)

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Been looking to get into NU (again), so I'm going to request a team being build around Rock Polish Aurorus. RP Aurorus is an excellent late game sweeper once its checks and counters are removed. An offensively inclined team seems the best option for this set.

Aurorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hyper Voice / Nature Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Snobalt is still cutesy. n_n

Been looking to get into NU (again), so I'm going to request a team being build around Rock Polish Aurorus. RP Aurorus is an excellent late game sweeper once its checks and counters are removed. An offensively inclined team seems the best option for this set.

Aurorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hyper Voice / Nature Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Snobalt is still cutesy. n_n
Im really sorry but im going to have to deny your request. I just posted an Aurorus team on the previous page (found here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-oras-nu-teambuilding-lab-open.3531285/page-21#post-6373302). Feel free to submit a new request with a different pokemon or wait a little longer to submit another Aurorus Request.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Substitute

I swear to god Pikachu is good.
Focus Punch lures in shit like Ferroseed and hits hard, Thunderbolt for STAB, Surf for bulky Ground Types like Stunfisk / Rhydon, and Sub because of Focus Punch.

requesting iplaytennislol to build this team

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Whoops, I'm blind.

Anyways, I'll make a request for a team around Vivillon, which is a pretty underrated 'Mon that has the potential to sweep after a few boosts. Once again, offense is the preferred playstyle for this set.

Vivillon @ Leftovers / Sharp Beak
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Substitute / Hidden Power Ground / Energy Ball

Orphic

perhaps
can someone build me a Flame Boost drifblim offense team please?
Cased has already requested a drifblim team a few posts up I'm afraid, I'll be working on that for him and you can either use that team or make another request if you feel yours will be wasted :) sorry but we have a lot on our plates and building two teams with the same mon for two people is counter productive :)

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I tried to make a good RP torterra team. But all of them had problems with something so I would apreciate if someone could make a team with RP torterra. And with this spread.

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wood Hammer
Hope you guys can do it. It looks really good in this meta

Cased has already requested a drifblim team a few posts up I'm afraid, I'll be working on that for him and you can either use that team or make another request if you feel yours will be wasted :) sorry but we have a lot on our plates and building two teams with the same mon for two people is counter productive :)
Ok, I'm very sorry for that, I didn't check nor did I expect that.

Instead may I have a semi-stall team built around SubToxic Phione?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)