Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to request a Hail Offense team with the real based lord, Aurorus ( I dont mind the set, Scarf, Specs, LO ...) supported with other Ice types .
I have never played NU since the ORAS launch and I would like to have a team that I like to start laddering and see how the tier goes .

Reactions: MFF
Requesting an Offensive MegaDino team. It can be Calm Mind, Sub Three Attacks, anything, I don't care what. Just wanted a team I can ladder with :) Thanks!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hello, I'm here to ask about me and citro's SD Moxie Pinsir team. Is it done yet, not to be rude, I'm just asking because it's been a while since we asked and nothing has happened yet.

ShadowGuy1

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Tailwind

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 244 Def / 184 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Shiftry @ Dread Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

hey there, here's the hitmonchan team you asked for. I know you wanted AV so I kept it like that on the importable, but I'd highly suggest switching it up for Life Orb since the extra power can secure extra 2HKO's on a bunch of defensive mons that AV normally wouldn't. The speed EVs outspeed pawniard and aurorus, with the rest being thrown into bulk. I've been wanting to use Specs Swellow + Hitmonchan for a while since they synergize really well together, with swellow u-turning out of rock and steel types pretty easily. Swellow appreciates spikes and volt-turn support so I went with garbodor and lanturn in the next 2 slots. Defensive mesprit acts as another catch all to fighting types, as well as wallbreakers like archeops which annoy this team. for my last slot i wanted an offensive water check and a win condition so I went with SD shiftry which is really good right now and also appreciates the spikes support.

Also SlickHippo99 im not doing the dustox team because it's really bad and is incredibly difficult to build around. The OP says even says "this isn't a contest to see how good we are at building", it's about getting newer players teams to help get into the meta. sorry :[

Also SlickHippo99 im not doing the dustox team because it's really bad and is incredibly difficult to build around. The OP says even says "this isn't a contest to see how good we are at building", it's about getting newer players teams to help get into the meta. sorry :[
That's ok I kind of figured that would happen. I thought it would be kind of fun to play with but yeah it's pretty bad I totally understand :) In that case, would it be ok if I changed my request to Belly Drum Linoone?

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
That's ok I kind of figured that would happen. I thought it would be kind of fun to play with but yeah it's pretty bad I totally understand :) In that case, would it be ok if I changed my request to Belly Drum Linoone?
Slap on a memento skuntank too imo

ShadowGuy1

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Tailwind

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 244 Def / 184 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic

Shiftry @ Dread Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

hey there, here's the hitmonchan team you asked for. I know you wanted AV so I kept it like that on the importable, but I'd highly suggest switching it up for Life Orb since the extra power can secure extra 2HKO's on a bunch of defensive mons that AV normally wouldn't. The speed EVs outspeed pawniard and aurorus, with the rest being thrown into bulk. I've been wanting to use Specs Swellow + Hitmonchan for a while since they synergize really well together, with swellow u-turning out of rock and steel types pretty easily. Swellow appreciates spikes and volt-turn support so I went with garbodor and lanturn in the next 2 slots. Defensive mesprit acts as another catch all to fighting types, as well as wallbreakers like archeops which annoy this team. for my last slot i wanted an offensive water check and a win condition so I went with SD shiftry which is really good right now and also appreciates the spikes support.

Trying it out rn!!!!

Requesting a Hitmonchan balence team. it could assault vested or whatever. I just want to give my opponents the ol rope-a-dope with my nigga 'Chan ;)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a Hitmonchan balence team. it could assault vested or whatever. I just want to give my opponents the ol rope-a-dope with my nigga 'Chan ;)
Sorry, there was just a Hitmonchan team built by Can-Eh-Dian and is a few posts above, rejecting your request as it is nearly identical to the one that team was built on.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yugi

So here's a sun team that I whipped up with your three mon core. Liepard is pretty self-explanatory, get up reliable sun and U-turn out, or if given the opportunity Knock Off an item or encore the opponent into a setup move. Shiftry is relatively standard, but I've opted to go with Explosion over Growth simply because it can reliably OHKO Skuntank and Mega Audino, which defensively and offensively can be a problem for your other Pokemon. Of course you always have Regirock to switch into Skuntank if you feel Shiftry is more valuable to you filling a sweeping role. Magmortar helps the team to deal with common cores, and can even sweep in certain situations thanks to Flame Charge. Regirock is pretty mandatory on sun teams so you don't get completely shit on by Flying-types once sun is down, it also sets up Stealth Rock and Sunny Day. Sawsbuck is extremely tough for this tier to handle at the moment, the only real defensive answers to it I can think of off the top of my head are Gourgeist and Mawile. This makes buck a great choice for a wallbreaker in a metagame filled with Rhydon, it also takes advantage of the number of Sucker Punch users we currently have by running Substitute. Despite the team being hyper offensive up to this point, I still like to have a soft Fighting-type resist at the very least. Vileplume fills this role nicely and its natural bulk allows it to serve as a one-time check to a lot of different attackers in the metagame, its also deadly under sun against weakened teams.
Liepard @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Solar Beam
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Regirock @ Heat Rock
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Substitute

Vileplume @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Guilas D

Here's a really fun hail team that metaphysical created. Unfortunately Ice-types are really poor defensively, and they don't really take advantage of Hail all that well, so making a competitive team with them is really tough. This team might not be the best to bring to a high level tour match or ladder game, but it certainly can get you some wins and laughs.

Aurorus is honestly just i gigantic threat that no one really prepares for in the teambuilder. Beartic attempts to cheese opponents with Brightpowder+Snow Cloak shenanigans, which often leads to and free setup opportunities. Rotom-F simply hits hard and it's dual STAB combination can rip through most common NU cores. Mantine gives the team a Fighting-type resist and can help its teammates sweep late-game with Tailwind, if you really want this team to be competitive you can try the on-site defensive set in favor of this one however. Sandslash gets Stealth Rock off the field so your Ice-types can run through the opposition without worry about residual damage. And Gurdurr can often clean up late-game, in addition to checking several huge metagame threats such as Shiftry and Rhydon.

Have Fun!
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Beartic @ BrightPowder
Ability: Snow Cloak
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Mantine @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind
- Air Slash

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Banded Magus

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 88 HP / 236 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Punch

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

Skuntank @ Dread Plate
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 112 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Ferroseed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Here's the Offensive MegaDino team you requested. The idea of the team came from when flcl used a hyper offense team disguised as a stall team, so I thought I'd try to recreate that for this meta. 3 attacks MegaDino is really good to catch people off guard that switch in their Grass, Rock and Steel types to try to check it assuming its the defensive set and it's EV'd to outspeed Adamant Rhydon with a little extra and can OHKO offensive Rhydon whilst 2HKO the defensive set. I wanted to use something that could help take out Audino's checks as well as revenge late game, so Rock Polish Golurk was cool and I wanted to try this out. Next the team needed a reliable fighting check, so Baton Pass Calm Mind Musharna was nice so I could potentially pass boosts to Audino or just gain early game momentum. As the team now stood, it needed something for opposing Calm Mind as well as something to absorb Toxics for the team, so Dread Plate Skunktank was the perfect fit for doing that, being able to Pursuit trap them and severely weaken them. Hazards are always important and I needed to keep up 'the stall look', so we have Focus Sash Ferroseed to set them and then explode. Finally, a fire resist is always nice to have, so offensive Poliwrath was added as the coverage it has is really good atm as not much can switch into it and can also receive Calm Mind boosts from Musharna.

Here's a replay of the team in action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-257844817

Hope you enjoy n_n

Last edited:
Requesting a Choice Specs Aurorus team (non-hail team), due to all my Aurorus teams being made unusible due to tier shift.

Last edited:
Gorechomp

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 136 Atk / 64 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hey there, I had some time today so I got your Aurorus team done fast! The Aurorus set is as you requested. The only notable move on this set is Frost Breath. This move helps me beat calm minders with ease, sorry for doubting you boltsandbombers. (note: psychic isnt needed since Hariyama has really fallen down in usage) I decided to slap bulky Mesprit on next because it provided me with a ground/fighting resist, momentum and stealth rocks. The speed is enough for adamant Rhydon but slow enough to easily outslow Skuntank in order to avoid pursuit and pivot into Aurorus. Also healing wish makes this mon better than Uxie js xd. Next on the team is Lanturn. Lanturn gives me a water/fire resist and momentum. I always opt to volt turn when using hard hitters such as Aurorus in order to maxmize Aurorus's switch ins. Next on the team is Gurdurr. Its a nice dark resist and check to Kanga and Tauros. I got this spread from the on site analysis so i'll just c/p the reasoning behind the ev's: The given EV spread along with an Adamant nature hits a jump point in Attack, gives Gurdurr an Eviolite number in both Defense and Special Defense, and avoids the 2HKO from both Adamant Silk Scarf Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and Life Orb Tauros's Rock Climb after Stealth Rock damage. Next on the team is Garbodor. This mon soaks up t spikes, stacks hazards and gives me a fairy resist which i desperately need. Lastly I wanted a spin blocker and a bit of speed. Im not a huge fan of scarf Rotom since Lanturn is everywhere so we have Mismagius. If you can weaken Skuntank a bit, +2 hp ground can take it out at around 70ish depending on their spread. Enjoy the team!
edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258022641

Gorechomp

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 136 Atk / 64 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hey there, I had some time today so I got your Aurorus team done fast! The Aurorus set is as you requested. The only notable move on this set is Frost Breath. This move helps me beat calm minders with ease, sorry for doubting you boltsandbombers. (note: psychic isnt needed since Hariyama has really fallen down in usage) I decided to slap bulky Mesprit on next because it provided me with a ground/fighting resist, momentum and stealth rocks. The speed is enough for adamant Rhydon but slow enough to easily outslow Skuntank in order to avoid pursuit and pivot into Aurorus. Also healing wish makes this mon better than Uxie js xd. Next on the team is Lanturn. Lanturn gives me a water/fire resist and momentum. I always opt to volt turn when using hard hitters such as Aurorus in order to maxmize Aurorus's switch ins. Next on the team is Gurdurr. Its a nice dark resist and check to Kanga and Tauros. I got this spread from the on site analysis so i'll just c/p the reasoning behind the ev's: The given EV spread along with an Adamant nature hits a jump point in Attack, gives Gurdurr an Eviolite number in both Defense and Special Defense, and avoids the 2HKO from both Adamant Silk Scarf Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and Life Orb Tauros's Rock Climb after Stealth Rock damage. Next on the team is Garbodor. This mon soaks up t spikes, stacks hazards and gives me a fairy resist which i desperately need. Lastly I wanted a spin blocker and a bit of speed. Im not a huge fan of scarf Rotom since Lanturn is everywhere so we have Mismagius. If you can weaken Skuntank a bit, +2 hp ground can take it out at around 70ish depending on their spread. Enjoy the team!
edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258022641
Yes! Thanks bro!

Im requesting a offensive team with 4 attack vanilluxe and rapid spin kabutops, i've tried to make on a bunch of times and it always flops :(.

sets:
Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

Here's my sacrifice to the gods of NU teambuilding

Attachments

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
-kal- here's a Rotom team. This isn't exactly the best team I've built (pretty weak to Vileplume and Fire-types and probably more stuff), but fuck it I've been johning this for far too long lol
Rotom @ Spell Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Haze

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

I paired Rotom with Gurdurr because Rotom is a pretty good way of beating up on a lot of Gurdurr checks like Psychic- and Flying-types, as well as pressure a lot of other ones like Vileplume. Gurdurr also helps deal with stuff that can set up on Garbodor like Rhydon and Barbaracle. Rhydon provides SR support as well as providing an Electric immunity and checking a ton of scary mons like Archeops. Ludicolo gives a strong special attacker, a Water resist, and reliable coverage against Lanturn and Quagsire. Finally Liepard was added to give the team some Speed, extra priority, and a Pursuit trapper, which helps a ton against annoying stuff like Mesprit.

Unfortunately I've gotten pretty stumped on how to fix the team's weaknesses so I figured I'd just post it and let you decide. Gl

I'd like to request a team with Rampardos and Zweilous.

Two extremely heavy hitters paired w/ offensive abilities. However both have few problems, low speed and common weaknesses. Ramp can remedy his issues with Rock Polish and proceed to beat down the bulkiest of walls, but Zweilous doesn't have a move to help with his speed. Maybe some speed boosts passes from Combusken?

A possible way to help with their issues is to include them in a TR or partial TR team. I know this may be a bit difficult so waiting isn't an issue, but I'd love to see these two monsters smash through teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)