Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DoubleBullShyte

Here you go. Standard Rain core of Ludicolo, Kabutops, and Liepard. I backed it with Sturdy Rain Dance Sawk like you asked, I think Lum Berry is the best item for non-choice Sawk; however, if you find yourself preferring the extra 3 turns of rain you can go for Damp Rock. Electrode gives you a strong and fast abuser that works in and outside of rain. Pinsir is the teams Stealth Rock user and only fighting resist.

As with most hyper offensive weather teams, you will lose if the opponent gets momentum and snowballs. this team is also especially weak to Sawk (I hate mesprit in this meta so thats why I'm using MB Pinsir for rocks), so if you see one get up Stealth Rock and keep it there so Sturdy doesnt fuck you.

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Sawk @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

Last edited:
Hey I had a request a while back for Ramp+Zweil. I'm gonna retract it unless someone's already made it. Its a pretty shitty core that's hard to fit into a team. The idea is nice but it doesn't seem useable atm.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
geeezer

Ok first things first, I don't think HP Fire Raichu is that optimal. 110 is such a good speed tier and you really need to be tying with Archeops and Tauros. Focus Blast hits Ferroseed just as hard at +2 and it also does a ton more than Grass Knot to the ever present Lanturn. Raichu can be rather underwhelming even with +2 in my experience so I supported it with a hazard stacking defensive core in Carracosta and Roselia. This core gives you a lot of answers to common top tier threats. Scyther pairs really well with bulky cores like this one that don't really appreciate Sawk, and Hitmonchan pairs well with Scyther to get rid of Stealth Rock for it. Mega Audino holds the team together by passing wishes to Carracosta and in general being able to clean games on its own. Didn't really test it but I'm sure it works fine.

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Hitmonchan @ Fist Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

edit @ above: thanks for letting us know, feel free to suggest another core if you want

geeezer

Ok first things first, I don't think HP Fire Raichu is that optimal. 110 is such a good speed tier and you really need to be tying with Archeops and Tauros. Focus Blast hits Ferroseed just as hard at +2 and it also does a ton more than Grass Knot to the ever present Lanturn. Raichu can be rather underwhelming even with +2 in my experience so I supported it with a hazard stacking defensive core in Carracosta and Roselia. This core gives you a lot of answers to common top tier threats. Scyther pairs really well with bulky cores like this one that don't really appreciate Sawk, and Hitmonchan pairs well with Scyther to get rid of Stealth Rock for it. Mega Audino holds the team together by passing wishes to Carracosta and in general being able to clean games on its own. Didn't really test it but I'm sure it works fine.

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Hitmonchan @ Fist Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

edit @ above: thanks for letting us know, feel free to suggest another core if you want
fucking shit why would you not edit the piratepad I was just about to post

What do you think of this one: I would like to see a functioning team that has only one mon that is in B-rank or above. Otherwise you have all freedom you want. Go wild. Innovate.
No cores, and doesn't really have to be fulfilled anytime soon. But if someone wants to do something different, this is your chance :p

someone try to make a team around nasty plot raichu. On paper it looks really good imo, because it hits 110 speed and after a boost it has the coverage to blow most things in the tier back. I think tbolt, grass knot and hp fire in last slot fits best since there are no viable dragons in the tier and hp fire hits ferroseed hard.
Alright nigga you get two teams because Kiyo is terribad

Code:
Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Raichu @ Life Orb / Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot / Endeavor
- Encore / Substitute

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Snatch
- Defog

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
So Kiyo's team is more balance but I chose a more offensively oriented team. I really don't care for HP Fire or Grass Knot on Raichu as I feel that Focus Blast generally gives it better neutral coverage and allows for more flexibility in its movepool. I think that if you run Nasty Plot you absolutely need Encore or else you will find very few opportunities to set up, especially with your poor bulk and bad defensive typing. Encore helps you set up both early and late game against defensive pokemon, or could even *potentially* get a cheeky electric type like EVire to wild charge you again giving you more lightningrod. This said I actually much prefer SubPetaya with Endeavor, as I feel its a more reliable Raichu set that breaks a lot more stuff, and on the plus side also becomes an incredible late game cleaner if priority users are removed. I chose a core of CB Scyther and Mixed Carracosta, as they both bait in and kill Grass and Ground types that cause Riachu a lot of trouble. I especially enjoy using Weakness Policy on Carracosta as with Special you often won't land OHKOs using Life Orb and will take damage, and the majority of the time you set up against weak Earthquakes and Drain Punches anyways so it doesn't really matter. Custap Sawk and Golurk help to break bulky Rock and Steel types for the team while providing Rocks and a Catchall. Custap Sawk especially holds the team together against weather teams, which if played well can guarantee at least 3 kills easily. Skuntank provides defog which is very important but more importantly carries snatch. This team is SUPER weak to Klinklang as long as it sets up, but hte good news is that as long as you click U-Turn on Scyther it is impossible for Klinklang to set up on any of the other four pokemon except for Skuntank. Snatch Skuntank with Rocky Helmet and Aftermath not only beats Klinklang, but can use it to set up Substitutes and Shift Gears rendering it completely useless. Furthermore, it helps Skunk deal with traditional sweepers like Barbaracle and Scyther who see it as a "free setup opportunity", which relieves pressure from the team as the one pokemon lacking good offensive presence.

Aasgier I accept your challenge.[/code]

Last edited:
Alright nigga you get two teams because Kiyo is terribad

Code:
Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Raichu @ Life Orb / Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot / Endeavor
- Encore / Substitute

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Snatch
- Defog

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
So Kiyo's team is more balance but I chose a more offensively oriented team. I really don't care for HP Fire or Grass Knot on Raichu as I feel that Focus Blast generally gives it better neutral coverage and allows for more flexibility in its movepool. I think that if you run Nasty Plot you absolutely need Encore or else you will find very few opportunities to set up, especially with your poor bulk and bad defensive typing. Encore helps you set up both early and late game against defensive pokemon, or could even *potentially* get a cheeky electric type like EVire to wild charge you again giving you more lightningrod. This said I actually much prefer SubPetaya with Endeavor, as I feel its a more reliable Raichu set that breaks a lot more stuff, and on the plus side also becomes an incredible late game cleaner if priority users are removed. I chose a core of CB Scyther and Mixed Carracosta, as they both bait in and kill Grass and Ground types that cause Riachu a lot of trouble. I especially enjoy using Weakness Policy on Carracosta as with Special you often won't land OHKOs using Life Orb and will take damage, and the majority of the time you set up against weak Earthquakes and Drain Punches anyways so it doesn't really matter. Custap Sawk and Golurk help to break bulky Rock and Steel types for the team while providing Rocks and a Catchall. Custap Sawk especially holds the team together against weather teams, which if played well can guarantee at least 3 kills easily. Skuntank provides defog which is very important but more importantly carries snatch. This team is SUPER weak to Klinklang as long as it sets up, but hte good news is that as long as you click U-Turn on Scyther it is impossible for Klinklang to set up on any of the other four pokemon except for Skuntank. Snatch Skuntank with Rocky Helmet and Aftermath not only beats Klinklang, but can use it to set up Substitutes and Shift Gears rendering it completely useless. Furthermore, it helps Skunk deal with traditional sweepers like Barbaracle and Scyther who see it as a "free setup opportunity", which relieves pressure from the team as the one pokemon lacking good offensive presence.

Aasgier I accept your challenge.[/code]
JS evs on skunk aren't completed

I would like to request a Rain Team with Raichu on it. Choice Specs, or your item of choice, it doesn't matter. I just want a fun rain team to ladder with :)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Big Scary man

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Trick

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 72 HP / 216 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
I'll be honest, Dusknoir isnt really that great but I did my best to build something good around it. Choice Band is probably the only set it should be running in this metagame, as it needs the extra boost in power to OHKO Skunktank with Earthquake and help it revenge kill frailer mons with Shadow Sneak. The EV spread creeps uninvested base 50s, and the moveset is pretty standard with Shadow Sneak to revenge kill, EQ to hit the likes of Garbodor and Skunktank, and Trick / Pursuit provide self explanatory utility. Ferroseed is a solid teammate as it appreciate's Dusknoir's ability to Pursuit trap Xatu, Spinblock, and super soft check Fighting types. Knock Off on Ferroseed hits Xatu and removes its Colbur Berry so that Dusknoir has an easier time Pursuit trapping it (Pursuit on the switch to Colbur Xatu does ~40). Next I needed a secondary Fighting check and a Flying resist, so I added Rotom-S. I didnt feel that the flexibility of being able to switch moves with the ebelt set fit the team, so I went with the Choice Scarf set to help out a bit with offense, but I'm sure the Expert Belt or even Defensive set could work fine. Kabutops gives a Fire resist, secondary flying resist, spinner, and revenge killer to Fire types. Sawk appreciates Pursuit support and Kabutops's spin to preserve its Sturdy. I didnt feel like using a 3rd choiced mon, so I went with Custap Berry to help with fast setup sweepers and the likes, but a Lum Berry, Expert Belt, or even Black Belt could certainly work over that. Lastly, Garbodor provides another Fighting and Grass check as well as handling Mega Audino - the spread guarantees a 2HKO on max def max hp Mega Audino with Gunk Shot, creeps max spe base 70s, and the rest in HP. Didnt feel tspikes were necessary so I went with Seed bomb to hit Kabutops/Quagsire/Rhydon. I tested the team a little bit on the ladder, and it did pretty well.
Enjoy!

DoubleBullShyte

Here you go. Standard Rain core of Ludicolo, Kabutops, and Liepard. I backed it with Sturdy Rain Dance Sawk like you asked, I think Lum Berry is the best item for non-choice Sawk; however, if you find yourself preferring the extra 3 turns of rain you can go for Damp Rock. Electrode gives you a strong and fast abuser that works in and outside of rain. Pinsir is the teams Stealth Rock user and only fighting resist.

As with most hyper offensive weather teams, you will lose if the opponent gets momentum and snowballs. this team is also especially weak to Sawk (I hate mesprit in this meta so thats why I'm using MB Pinsir for rocks), so if you see one get up Stealth Rock and keep it there so Sturdy doesnt fuck you.

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Sawk @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance
Thanks Kiyo! I love the rain dance on Pinsir! Innovation at its finest! Would Custap also be a viable choice on Sawk? And would Superpower on Kabutops to lure Ferroseed be a thing or potenially SD to help Stall break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)