Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Silverbackkap this is my best attempt, I tried a few playstyles and this works best I feel.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Signal Beam

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration

Hey man, here's your team, hope you like it. I've often considered building with Monferno and I took this on because I liked the idea of using it in a defensive core with Musharna, I'm not really a defensive player, so semi-stall is the best I could do with this really, but it has come out quite well. Firstly, I felt like the team didn't 100% deal with dark types, or strong Knock Off users like Sawk and so a reliable fairy type was necessary, enter Mega Audino. Mega Audino provides wish support for Monferno if it can't get off a Slack Off, and also Heal Bell support for the Musharna which lacks heal bell itself in exchange for Barrier. Next I needed hazard control, so I chose Prinplup, Prinplup benefits greatly from wish support and acts as a great defogger and status spreader to help the team wear it's opponents down, I chose Signal Beam to stop the team being 6-0'd by Malamar from the lead spot. Next, Torterra brings Stealth Rock that Prinplup lacks in place of Signal Beam, as well as providing the final link in the FWG core within the team. Torterra+water type cores are really good in the current meta and the team certainly shows that. Finally, I needed a win condition, and who better than Klinklang? For a start, Klinklang can sweep regardless of the presence of toxic spikes which threatens the rest of the team, as well as benefiting greatly from a worn down opposing team. Not to mention, Klinklang is easily one of the best, if not the best set up sweeper in NU right now.

Silverbackkap this is my best attempt, I tried a few playstyles and this works best I feel.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Signal Beam

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration

Hey man, here's your team, hope you like it. I've often considered building with Monferno and I took this on because I liked the idea of using it in a defensive core with Musharna, I'm not really a defensive player, so semi-stall is the best I could do with this really, but it has come out quite well. Firstly, I felt like the team didn't 100% deal with dark types, or strong Knock Off users like Sawk and so a reliable fairy type was necessary, enter Mega Audino. Mega Audino provides wish support for Monferno if it can't get off a Slack Off, and also Heal Bell support for the Musharna which lacks heal bell itself in exchange for Barrier. Next I needed hazard control, so I chose Prinplup, Prinplup benefits greatly from wish support and acts as a great defogger and status spreader to help the team wear it's opponents down, I chose Signal Beam to stop the team being 6-0'd by Malamar from the lead spot. Next, Torterra brings Stealth Rock that Prinplup lacks in place of Signal Beam, as well as providing the final link in the FWG core within the team. Torterra+water type cores are really good in the current meta and the team certainly shows that. Finally, I needed a win condition, and who better than Klinklang? For a start, Klinklang can sweep regardless of the presence of toxic spikes which threatens the rest of the team, as well as benefiting greatly from a worn down opposing team. Not to mention, Klinklang is easily one of the best, if not the best set up sweeper in NU right now.
The team is really solid! I like how the specific roles of the mons aren't super condensed if you know what I mean. The only real weakness I noticed is Xatu (especially CM) which until now I was forced to beat with klink (no heatwave pls) or mushy. Still testing this out but so far I like it allot! Thanks

LetMeShine-

Hey dude, Mawile and Mesprit are two really cool pokemon. Typically I'd like to run Scarf Mesprit with Healing Wish, but I gave Life Orb a try. Mawile's set is pretty standard, as is Mesprit. I opted to go for Ice Beam on Mesprit over something like Signal Beam because our team isn't that Malamar weak and hitting Xatu's super effectively is really nice. We're also really weak to Sawk atm so I opted for Timid on Mesprit to make sure we're always outpacing Adamant Sawk. Magmortar helps us deal with bulkier teams that can take hits from a +2 Mawile. Archeops allows us to check other Archeops lacking Stone Edge, as well as Tauros lacking Rock Slide. Ludicolo gives us a solid late-game sweeper with some speed, and also gives us a soft check to many water-types that would otherwise plague us. Haunter is incredibly tough to switch into, especially after everything else on the team has done some damage to the opponents squad. Haunter also gives us some much needed speed and a way to deal with threats that get out of hand with Destiny Bond.

Overall this team is very offensive and will rely on good play and keeping up offensive pressure to do well. Jynx, Combusken, Sawk, and other various offensive threats roll through this team with proper prediction, so do everything in your power to not let them get a free switch as you'll likely have to sack a team member.

Hopefully you enjoy the team and find some success with it! Sorry your request took so long, we have a lot on our plates right now.
Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
I really looove this kind of team this team is perfect for me thanks you :) !

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
harsh

Ok, first things first. I know you requested this team with Samurott, but to be completely honest I found Floatzel plays SO much better. If you don't like the team with Floatzel I'll leave an import with a Samurott down below that you can also try out.

Anyways, I don't actually have much time to write down teambuilding process but if you're curious let me know and I can edit it in later. Basically the way the team functions is wallbreaking with Mismagius, boosting with Floatzel and either cleaning up or passing the Bulk Up boosts to either Musharna or one of your two Assault Vest attackers. The team can be kind of weak to Lilligant and Klinklang if played poorly, so preserve Pokemon that can stunt sweeps or take hits from boosted attackers at high amounts of HP. Have fun!
Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Floatzel @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Baton Pass

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 200 HP / 16 Atk / 208 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Giga Drain
- Fire Punch

Samurott @ Splash Plate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rapture.

Hey buddy, so I didn't actually build this team but its my take on a pretty successful version of hazard stack offense that Omfuga has been using.

If I messed up a set, I'm sure he'll be the first to let you know but I think these are all fairly optimal. Goal of the team is to get up hazards by pivoting into your defensive hazard setters against teams that don't have Xatu. Teams that have Xatu just get wrekced by Mold Breaker Pinsir anyways as they pretty much auto lose to your priority attacks if Stealth Rock is up. A lot of these Pokemon are lesser-used in the tier atm and you can easily gain advantage from team matchup because of this, have fun!
Pinsir @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Electrode @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Trick

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Alvis astley

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 72 HP / 196 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 124 Def / 168 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Toxic

Here's the Sub Jynx team you wanted. When building this, since I was only mono attacking, I needed to clear out things like bulky waters and av yama, so pressuring them with hazards seemed like the way to go and Fletch allows for easy revenging. The team was looking really Tauros/Klinklang weak, so phys def Torterra patched that up and also provided rocks for the team. Since I had T-spikes, I had to throw on Kanga to help rack up the damage and provide more priority. Finally, I needed a water resist as well as a fletch check of my own, so Lanturn was the final member and helped pass more status to wear down teams for Jynx. The EVs on Lanturn are so you can take 2 hyper voices from pyroar and also outspeed jolly rhydon, with the rest in def to help with fletch.

Hope you enjoy n_n

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
newfren

Obviously this team is already better than anything tennis could come up with, so I think its a success. SD Shedinja is defintely harder to build around in this metagame with things like Weezing and Garbodor on every other team, Fletchinder being a prominent threat doesn't help its case either. This team attempts to rack up residual damage on foe's by utilizing Spikes and Stealth Rock while also attempting to lure in the best metagame answers to Shedinja (bulky Poison-types and Fletchinder). For this reason Sawk is running both Earthquake and Zen Headbutt as some games EQ has more overall utility when opponents have Garbodor, and some games Zen Headbutt is needed to catch Weezing for some crisp damage. Sandslash, while not the best Fletchinder lure will often be able to take it out if opponent's try to score a greedy Will-O-Wisp on it with SR on our side. Aggressively switch Xatu into hazard setters to ease your time with powerful threats, and limiting the importance of spinning with Sandslash. Magmortar and Pyroar fuck this team sideways so I've opted to run Thunder Wave on Lanturn to help remedy this a little bit, if it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with in the metagame ChestoRest may be a viable option on Lanturn to help out. Overall the team functions well and has the gameplan to succeed in the metagame, as with any Shedinja team playing well is always the most difficult task. Enjoy!
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

edit: Everyone welcome BoltSandBombers to the team! he will be a valuable member and help us continue to provide all of you with high level teams based on your requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silverwhiteblue

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Hey there, this is a balanced team around Tauros and Vileplume. The Tauros set is pretty standard, fire blast hits Ferroseed, Tangela, Gourgeist etc and zen headbutt smacks Weezing and Vileplume. The Vileplume set is standard . defensive to help with fighting types that threaten Tauros. I put hp fire over something like sleep powder because of how prevalent Klinklang is. Hp fire also hits Pawniard. Next on the team is Magmortar. Magmortar sponges ice and fire hits which threaten Tauros and plume. Magmortar also handles Lilligant much better than Plume. Next on the list is Mesprit. At this point in the team, I wanted a ground immunity, psychic resist and stealth rock. The speed is for adamant Sawk. Next on the team is Maudino. This mon provides a knock off sponge and win condition. The hp ev's provide a regen number and the special attack investment guarentees a 3 hit ko on Malamar. The last mon on this team is Lanturn. This mon is just a solid glue. It provides momentum, a water and fire resist and heal bell support. Thats all there is to it, enjoy!

HJAD

Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Barbaracle @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash
- Cross Chop

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot
- Sucker Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Hey HJAD, here is your stone edge spam team. Archeops is banded like you wanted, the moveset is pretty standard. Edge quake is great coverage, u-turn for momentum and knock off because knock off. Barbaracle's set is also standard. Shuca allows me to set up on stuff like Tauros and Archeops. I chose to run cross chop in the last slot because Ferroseed being gone helps both Barb in sweeping and Archeops. Next on the team is my Quag and Gurdurr lure. Life orb Liepard, the don himself. Life orb grass knot ohko's quag and 0 hp Rhydon. If you knock off the Rhydon (assuming max hp) as it comes in, then it flat out dies to grass knot. This set also lures Gurdurr because if you knock off as it comes in, and assuming they click knock off (which they all do, especially since i have a Uxie), you can do like 70ish with play rough and not just die to mach punch. Its a cool set and it worked in practice. Sucker is just nice because priority is priority. Next on the list is Uxie. This mon gives me a fighting resist, rocks and momentum. The speed is for max speed base 70s with a neutral speed nature. Next on the team is my obligatory form of hazard control. Im running SD lum Sandslash with spin to beat all spin blockers. I also wanted a ground type to block volt switch. The Lanturn was added because I needed a fire/water resist, the fact it deters volt switch as well is just a plus. T-wave over toxic because para hax is amazing. Enjoy! replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-255259644

edit: forgot to put limber on Liepard over prankster. Thanks to the people who reminded me to change it!

Last edited:

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
Wow! the team looks great QueenOfLuvdiscs, Thank you :]

Just one question how do I handle hazards?
Hazards weren't that much of an issue really, but if you really want to get rid of them, you can replace Lanturn for a Mantine, so you can retain the Pyroak switch in and still have a fat water type which again, is ev'd to take 2 LO Hyper voices after rocks and outspeed Jolly Rhydon.
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 144 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

I would like a team based on Assault VEst Hitmonchan. Here is the set, feel free to change it if you must:
Hitmonchan (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Any other coverage move
-Rapid Spin

I would like a balance team out of this mon. I look foward to see the final result.

Might not be the most optimal Shiftry set, but

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: who cares lol
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain

If this is ass, change it to like special defogger, 4 attacks, or maybe even special bias with sucker, idk. Something quirky with the tree though please.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Syncrasy

So rain got a little less reliable with Uxie leaving, but we also lost Fletchinder which was a huge Ludicolo check so I think its a playstyle worth experimenting with. Standard Rain core of Liepard+Ludicolo+Kabutops should rip through most teams already, while Electrode and Floatzel can clean up late-game with or without the rain. I couldn't really decide on a last slot, but didn't want to use something like Vivillon, Mesprit, Gorebyss, or Beartic, so I opted to go for another reliable rain setter that could also pair well with Floatzel to an extent. Meowstic sets up screens which makes the team much harder to revenge kill with priority from the likes of Shiftry while simultaneously making Substitute a viable option on Floatzel given the typically weak attackers it comes in on and the sheer amount of switches it forces, oh yeah and it also has priority Rain Dance to secure a win in a pinch. Rain is fun, this team might not be great but I guarantee it will win games lol.

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Rain Dance

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- Encore
- U-turn

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Electrode @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rain Dance

Meowstic (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave

edit: yeah not having stealth rock really hurts this team, as much as i hate mesprit, i think its a better option than meowstic

Last edited:
I would like to request a Combusken and Cacturne team. Submitted this duo to the good cores thread, but I'm rather poor at teambuilding myself. Would like to see what it can do with a proper team. Basically, Combusken passes Speed Boosts to Cacturne by using its immunities to water and psychic. Simple enough stuff. Offense or Balance is fine by me. Thanks!

Sets:

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Whatever the teambuilders heart desires!

XenoTech N

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 88 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Hey there, I know you requested Muk + Throh however they honestly don't synergize well so I decided to put Skuntank > Muk. Skuntank can get rid of psychic types and ghost types which makes Throh thrive. Skuntank's ev's are as follows: "This is my current spread atm for Skuntank, there's probably a slightly better spread tbh, but its what I got as a starting point. The HP EVs gives you a leftovers number so that's always helpful to gain back that extra amount of HP; the Atk investment always guarantees a 3HKO on max/max Mega Audino with PJab; the Spe is to out-slow 0 Spe Xatu so you can Pursuit trap it on a potential U-turn out and finally I just threw the rest into Spdef so that I can check Lilligant, Shiftry, Mega Audino and the few remaining Psychic types using Signal Beam (or potentially HP Ground lol)." thanks QueenOfLuvdiscs for the spread. Because I put Skunk over Muk, I felt that rest talk mono attacking circle throw Throh worked the best. I made it sp.def so that after 1 bulk up, you're fat on both sides. Next on the team is defensive Mesprit. This mon gives me a fighting and ground resist and slow pivot. Next on the team is my "solid" fire resist. I really wanted Kabutops because hazard control is very important when using a bulk set up sweeper like Throh. In order to ensure easier set ups, I need stuff like spikes to be removed. Next on the team is Ferroseed. This mon gives me a normal and water resist. The attack w/ knock off makes sure Klinklang cant set up on you. Again, shoutout Queen for these amazing spreads. Also hazard stack helps Throh sweep easier and annoy the opponent more. Lastly i have Mismagius. This mon gives me a spin blocker and "fast" revenge killer. I wanted some speed so Mismag fit the job. Again, sorry for changing your request a bit but the team turned out well. Enjoy!

XenoTech N

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Throh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 88 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Hey there, I know you requested Muk + Throh however they honestly don't synergize well so I decided to put Skuntank > Muk. Skuntank can get rid of psychic types and ghost types which makes Throh thrive. Skuntank's ev's are as follows: "This is my current spread atm for Skuntank, there's probably a slightly better spread tbh, but its what I got as a starting point. The HP EVs gives you a leftovers number so that's always helpful to gain back that extra amount of HP; the Atk investment always guarantees a 3HKO on max/max Mega Audino with PJab; the Spe is to out-slow 0 Spe Xatu so you can Pursuit trap it on a potential U-turn out and finally I just threw the rest into Spdef so that I can check Lilligant, Shiftry, Mega Audino and the few remaining Psychic types using Signal Beam (or potentially HP Ground lol)." thanks QueenOfLuvdiscs for the spread. Because I put Skunk over Muk, I felt that rest talk mono attacking circle throw Throh worked the best. I made it sp.def so that after 1 bulk up, you're fat on both sides. Next on the team is defensive Mesprit. This mon gives me a fighting and ground resist and slow pivot. Next on the team is my "solid" fire resist. I really wanted Kabutops because hazard control is very important when using a bulk set up sweeper like Throh. In order to ensure easier set ups, I need stuff like spikes to be removed. Next on the team is Ferroseed. This mon gives me a normal and water resist. The attack w/ knock off makes sure Klinklang cant set up on you. Again, shoutout Queen for these amazing spreads. Also hazard stack helps Throh sweep easier and annoy the opponent more. Lastly i have Mismagius. This mon gives me a spin blocker and "fast" revenge killer. I wanted some speed so Mismag fit the job. Again, sorry for changing your request a bit but the team turned out well. Enjoy!
Team looks cool, man, and don't worry about the changes. Thanks to you and QueenOfLuvdiscs.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
blaziken1337

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Extrasensory
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 Def / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Baton Pass
- Focus Blast
- Protect
So, back in XY someone thought up a really cool Shiftry set that was something along the lines of Nasty Plot / Extrasensory / Sucker Punch / filler, and when you asked for a weird/unique Shiftry set I started with that. I ended up dropping Nasty Plot since Extrasensory 2HKOs all the relevant Poison-types I was targeting anyways. I went with max special attack to ensure the 2HKO on Garbodor, Gurdurr, Vileplume, and Weezing, and even with only 4 Attack EVs Knock Off still hits quite hard. In order to take advantage of Shiftry luring in and weakening or eliminating these Pokemon, I added Gurdurr which has a lot more breathing room with those gone, and Shiftry also puts pressure on Psychics and Ghosts which can be annoying to Gurdurr as well. Rotom-S provides some needed speed for the team as well as a secondary Flying resist, and the utility of Trick can come in handy. Next, Rhydon fit very well as it handles Skunktank for Shiftry as well as providing the typical set of resistances that are always necessary on all teams. While Rhydon does cover Skunktank pretty well, its a pretty obvious switch and can be worn down fairly easily and I wanted a lure for Skunktank so that Shiftry has an easier time wallbreaking. Calm Mind Mesprit fit this role pretty well, luring it with the combination of Colbur Berry and Hidden Power Ground. I went with Psyshock so I wasnt straight 6-0d by Mega Audino, and Signal Beam was more or less absentmindedly put on for Malamar and other Psychics, but if you feel that Rhydon's Megahorn and Trick from Rotom handles Malamar enough then you could easily opt for a different coverage move like Energy Ball or Ice beam. Lastly, Combusken was thrown on as a bit of filler and it also provided a somewhat more reliable Shiftry check as well as a secondary wallbreaker. Passing speed boosts to Shiftry so it doesnt have to rely on Sucker Punch for faster Pokemon or to Mesprit can be very nice as well, and its Baton Pass pairs nicely with Rotoms Volt Switch. It has some weaknesses to stuff like Fire types and opposing CM Mesprit (if they have energy ball), and water types to some degree. Here's a replay of the team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-256156710

Tagging Bostonl1 to see if this team might fulfill your request, since Combusken + Shiftry is very similar to Combusken + Cacturne, and you could probably swap out Shiftry for Cacturne on this team if that was to your liking, but Shiftry's higher Speed and Knock Off are pretty big factors.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)