STAB STABmons

I'm 99% certain evasion habilities are universally banned because no one likes dodge cheese.
some metas have evasion clause (prevents evasion abilities, bright powder, evasion moves) while others have evasion moves clause (only attacks are banned). Standard OM bans contain Evasion Moves clause.

Usually evasion abilities are bad and very situational. This is one of those situations right now.

hey will gliscor be any good now that snowspam (watch out merriam webster) is less common due to the bax ban? the OM gimmick gives both offensive and defensive sets (see below for both) some powerful tools. personally I’d love to see gliscor rise in popularity for three reasons. one i just think it’s neat. two it’s that rare gen 9 mon that’s good without being broken/not fun to play against. and three is that i have a idiotic (truly stupid, like myself) hard counter to it in my back pocket that I would LOVE to annoy y’all with just as much as it is annoying OU rn. even more annoying with STABmons rules :)

Offense:

Agency Agency (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Ascent
- Headlong Rush
- Protect / Swords Dance

Defense:
Big Stall™️ (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: it is 3:17 AM i don’t wanna think abt this rn
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Spikes / Defog
- Toxic Spikes / Protect

Last edited:
SNOW
Also what do you think of Snow Cloak as an ability for offensive Mammoswine? Instead of taking 50% reduced damage for 2 types, is having a +20% chance to evade damage altogether better when your investment focus is on power instead of bulk?
I have used both Thick Fat and Snow Cloak on an offensive mammo, and i found snow cloak to be really funny and has saved me multiple times dodging priority moves. i think mammoswines biggest weakness is jet punches from all the water types in the meta, and while tera grass and thick fat would probably be better on defensive sets, snow cloak is probably better on offensive ones.

Last edited:
has anyone actually achieved any success with yanmega? it feels like a noob trap to me lol. I’ve tried it out and it feels… just ok. not good, not bad, just mediocre. but then again it consistently sweeps me even when I have checks, so maybe I’m just bad at the game. the one way I’ve made it work is with a rain team, but then it gets held back by damp rock ban. here’s the set I’ve been using, please give me advice I am struggling

meganisoptera (Yanmega) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Throat Spray
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Tail Glow
- Bleakwind Storm /Air Slash / Hurricane
- Protect
I have actually had yanmega sweep a few times, but it does require u to use your tera.
this is the set i used:

Yanmega @ focus sash / Heavy-duty boots
Tera Type: Ground
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Tera Blast
- Bleakwind Storm

Tera blast ground allows it to smoke Steel Types, and 2HKO AV pex, which would usually be annoying and stop your sweep. Focus sash is great for a lead mon, but rocks kinda ruin it on switch-in so boots are good as well.

I have actually had yanmega sweep a few times, but it does require u to use your tera.
this is the set i used:

Yanmega @ focus sash / Heavy-duty boots
Tera Type: Ground
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Tera Blast
- Bleakwind Storm

Tera blast ground allows it to smoke Steel Types, and 2HKO AV pex, which would usually be annoying and stop your sweep. Focus sash is great for a lead mon, but rocks kinda ruin it on switch-in so boots are good as well.
this genuinely looks like so much fun I’m using this rn. sash lead is genius- it’s almost impossible to get a tail glow done before you get sniped so that will help a TON. tera ground is great offensively and defensively. what a perfect set. thank you!!!

With the release of DLC 1, a winter storm came to STABmons, and unlike most generations has led to the synergy between a fox and a dragon. Yes, this post concerns Ninetales-Alola and Baxcalibur, with the latter being put on the chopping block.

InTheHillsGiaganticLBDCRoFnAFCResult
BAN: BaxcaliburYesYesYesYesYes5/0/0 = BAN

As a result of this vote, Baxcalibur has been banned from STABmons!

Now, the reason for why Baxcalibur has been targeted now comes down to multiple factors, firstly, Hail was changed to Snow which grants a 50% defense bonus which makes Baxcalibur who already has above average bulk, really physically tanky and prior to DLC 1 there was no good setter (aside from Chilly Reception Slowking), but now we have Ninetales-Alola whom is a good setter of snow and Aurora Veil. Secondly, Baxcalibur was typically behind Aurora Veil further boosting it's bulk to insane levels, and third Baxcalibur has always been borderline broken even prior to DLC 1. This is a dragon with access to extremely potent stabs such as Glacial Lance, Glaive Rush, Dragon Darts, etc... and the coverage to make up for short comings in these two STABs. Heck, even if Ninetales-Alola was not released it is likely that Baxcalibur would've continued to be seen as broken due to it ability to hit so hard especially after using Dragon Dance or Swords Dance. To top this all off, Tera as it always does could be used both offensively to boost the power of it's normal STABs, boost it's coverage move, defensively alter the dynamics of a match, or a combination of these factors.

Ninetales-Alola can also be quite difficult to handle as it has the tools to handle many would be counter strats such as setup sweepers using it as a free turn which it could punish with a Encore. It also gained Chilly Reception which made cancelling it's Snow much harder meaning that if it failed to setup Aurora Veil it could just pivot (Chilly Reception) and grant the 50% defence bonus to Baxcalibur. These supportive attributes all contributed to Baxcalibur going from broken to extremely broken and as a result it has been banned.

We will continue to watch out for broken elements within STABmons once this has been implemented which includes watching out for Aurora Veil in the off chance that it continues to prove problematic.

Tagging Kris for implementation of the Baxcalibur ban, thanks as always!
So if Bax is banned, the main problem user of C-Soul, why keep it restricted? It (might) be balanced. I understand if the council decides not to, but please, consider this idea

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
So if Bax is banned, the main problem user of C-Soul, why keep it restricted? It (might) be balanced. I understand if the council decides not to, but please, consider this idea
Baxcalibur wasn't the primary user of Clangorous Soul, Baxcalibur was broken even pre-dlc just not enough to get immediate action but action would've been taken regardless eventually. Baxcalibur's primary setup moves are Dragon Dance and Sword's Dance. Clangorous Soul could work on it but CL is best used on something with recovery to take advantage of the omniboost.

(Roaring Moon and Salamence were the primary users of Clangorous Soul due to access to roost)

Baxcalibur wasn't the primary user of Clangorous Soul, Baxcalibur was broken even pre-dlc just not enough to get immediate action but action would've been taken regardless eventually. Baxcalibur's primary setup moves are Dragon Dance and Sword's Dance. Clangorous Soul could work on it but CL is best used on something with recovery to take advantage of the omniboost.

(Roaring Moon and Salamence were the primary users of Clangorous Soul due to access to roost)
Ohhhh, ok. I just had seen only C-Soul bax and no mence or moon, ok, thank you very much for the clarification

STABmons Teal Mask Personal Viability List!

Hey all! I've been having a blast with the new meta so far, and I thought it'd be fun to share my initial thoughts on Pokémon new and old in this environment. If anyone thinks of a Pokémon I may have missed feel free to share.
None of these Pokémon are ordered within their individual tiers, just a general outline of how well I think they fair in the current meta.

High Viability
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus Therian
:Ogerpon-Wellspring: Ogerpon Wellspring Mask
:Kingambit: Kingambit
:Great Tusk: Great Tusk
:Toxapex: Toxapex
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom Wash
:Gliscor: Gliscor
:Tornadus-Therian: Tornadus Therian

Good Viability
:Iron Valiant: Iron Valiant
:Thundurus-Therian: Thundurus Therian
:Manaphy: Manaphy
:Heatran: Heatran
:Zapdos: Zapdos
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu
:Mamoswine: Mamoswine
:Sylveon: Sylveon
:Meloetta: Meloetta
:Volcarona: Volcarona
:Gholdengo: Gholdengo
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: Urshifu Rapid Strike
:Gyarados: Gyarados
:Salamence: Salamence
:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon
:Tyranitar: Tyranitar
:Cyclizar: Cyclizar
:Weavile: Weavile
:Ninetales-Alola: Alolan Ninetales

Decent Viability
:Ogerpon: Ogerpon Teal Mask
:Rillaboom: Rillaboom
:Sneasler: Sneasler
:Zapdos-Galar: Galarian Zapdos
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o
:Iron Hands: Iron Hands
:Slowking-Galar: Galarian Slowking
:Moltres-Galar: Galarian Moltres
:Moltres: Moltres
:Weezing-Galar: Galarian Weezing
:Hoopa-Unbound: Hoopa Unbound
:Volcanion: Volcanion
:Mienshao: Mienshao
:Snorlax: Snorlax
:Jirachi: Jirachi
:Slowking: Slowking
:Slowbro: Slowbro
:Greninja: Greninja
:Annihilape: Annihilape
:Garganacl: Garganacl
:Iron Moth: Iron Moth
:Corviknight: Corviknight
:Yanmega: Yanmega
:Glastrier: Glastrier
:Wo-Chien: Wo-Chien

Niche Viability
:Iron Treads: Iron Treads
:Okidogi: Okidogi
:Munkidori: Munkidori
:Ogerpon-Cornerstone: Ogerpon Cornerstone Mask
:Pelipper: Pelipper
:Barraskewda: Barraskewda
:Palafin: Palafin
:Torkoal: Torkoal
:Thundurus: Thundurus Incarnate
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge
:Skeledirge: Skeledirge
:Clodsire: Clodsire
:Amoonguss: Amoonguss
:Mimikyu: Mimikyu
:Scizor: Scizor
:Kleavor: Kleavor
:Hatterene: Hatterene
:Cresselia: Cresselia
:Cinderace: Cinderace
:Ambipom: Ambipom
:Gengar: Gengar
:Braviary-Hisui:Hisuian Braviary
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom Heat
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon
:Iron Jugulis: Iron Jugulis
:Enamorus-Therian: Enamorus Therian
:Glimmora: Glimmora
:Dondozo: Dondozo
:Crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:Samurott-Hisui: Hisuian Samurott
:Espathra: Espathra
:Slither Wing: Slither Wing
:Diancie: Diancie
:Decidueye: Decidueye​

Last edited:
so samples are open and i wanted to share a team i used to preform well on ladder while being very new to the metagame, the team is very easy to operate and doesnt realy require metagame knowledge to use
‏‏צילום מסך (79).png

(im mid ladder memes)
‏‏צילום מסך (82).png

https://pokepast.es/7988501e3d98af39
the team utilizes the combination of sand hazards and status to pile on chip damage damage on the opponent and open up weavile in the middle game and iron valiant in the late game

the pokemon:

248-0.png
T "The Rock" Tar (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream

Tera Type: Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Stone Axe

- Ceaseless Edge

- Salt Cure

- Shore Up

Tyranitar is the sand setter, the hazard setter the main spdef, it uses salt cure to provide even more chip damage, shore up in the sand makes it tyranitar almost immortal in sand against special attackers

645-1.png

Escanor (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Intimidate

Tera Type: Dragon

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Relaxed Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- U-turn

- Shore Up

- Scorching Sands

- Defog

Landorus is the primary physical wall, it uses rocky helmet for more chip damage and scorching sand to burn opponents, both crippling physical pokemon and doing more damage to the opponent, landorus uses defog to take advantage of the fact it can beat most hazard setters and punish them with rocky helmet since stone axe and ceasless edge are contact moves, landorus too takes advantage of sand by using shore up, making it very difficult to kill in sand and tera dragon is there for ogerpon crawdaunt and rain

980-0.png

Poor Man's Poison (Clodsire) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

Tera Type: Poison

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Bold Nature

- Baneful Bunker

- Toxic

- Scorching Sands

- Shore Up

The last part of the triple shore up core and the primary water switch in, clodsire is there to poison stuff or burn them with scorching sands, be it ogerpon urshifu or even crawdaunt clodsire can stall it, it can also completely wall toxapex and eats up everything valiant got to offer other than a specs psyshock its just generally there to toxic stall, baneful bunker is there if you cant get off a toxic or if you want to toxic stall it functions like protect and ofcourse shore up makes it even more annoying to get rid off and tera poison lets it eat a grass or ice move in a pinch

1000-0.png
Dengo Unchained (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon

Ability: Good as Gold

Tera Type: Steel

EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe

Bold Nature

- Recover

- Infernal Parade

- Make It Rain

- Thunder Wave

Gholdengo is there to keep hazards on the field, beat tidy up users and spread more status with either tunderwave or infernal parade, balloon lets it switch into ground type moves and eat knock offs more easily, infernal parade lets it actually take advantage of the status this team spreads so well, unfortunately it doesn’t get shore up so it uses recover instead
1006-0.png
Valiant Warrior (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy

Ability: Quark Drive

Tera Type: Dark

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

Close Combat-

Magical Torque-

Knock Off-

Speed control is the name of the game, valiant is there for when things get out of control and a sweeper broke through the defensive core, if you played well throughout the game and manage to retain it can be devastating as a late game sweeper, if you really need to, you can use it to spread knock offs to help break through defensive teams more easily

461-0.png
Cold Burns (Weavile) @ Choice Band

Ability: Pickpocket

Tera Type: Ice

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Glacial Lance

- Low Kick

- Ice Shard

There are no tera ice cb glacial lance switch ins, those don’t exist especially with sand and hazards at play, weavile takes breaks apart defensive cores, ice shard is needed priority and acts as another insurance against sweepers together with iron valiant, knock off is a great general move and low kick is for steel types but most of the time you just click glacial lance

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Minor bug report:
Gamefreak no longer allows moves to transfer if they aren't part of the mon's native movepool, so Clefable no longer learns Normal-type moves that existed prior to Generation 5.
Assuming this is an intentional decision by STABmons/OM Leaders, the validator is working fine but the team builder shows a lot of moves as legal only for them to fail to validate. This is most apparent on Clefable but extends to moves that changed type between generation (e.g. Braviary no longer learns Moonlight, but it still shows in builder)
Affected list below:
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (Normal -> Fairy)
Also relevant to Togepi, Togetic, and Togekiss if they return in DLC

Moves:
Bite (Normal [Generation 1]-> Dark [Generation 2])
Gust (Normal [Generation 1]-> Flying [Generation 2])
Karate Chop (Normal [Generation 1]-> Fighting [Generation 2])
Sand Attack (Normal [Generation 1]-> Ground [Generation 2])
Charm (Normal [Generation 5]-> Fairy [Generation 6])
Moonlight (Normal [Generation 5]-> Fairy [Generation 6])
Sweet Kiss (Normal [Generation 5]-> Fairy [Generation 6])

Friends, Romans, country roads take me home, I am back in the kitchen following a brief hiatus and I might be on to something for once. Unburden Sneasler is great in OU (Sneasler flung its Big Nugget!) and so I thought I’d see how it does down here. And boy howdy have I been terrorizing low ladder.

mean girl (Sneasler) (F) @ Grassy / Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Acrobatics / Lash Out
- Coil

Coil is a great boosting move, and I like it over something like SD because it makes High Jump Kick and Gunk Shot perfectly accurate. Grassy / Electric Seed is preferable for the Def boost, as you’re boosting that with Coil anyways and it gives you Lando-T insurance (the calculator claims it OHKOs with Headlong Rush or Dragon Ascent even after the seed boost and a Coil but this is false). Gunk Shots and HJKs decimate the tier even after just one Coil, but if you can squeeze multiple in you are almost unstoppable. Acrobatics helps with opposing Sneasler and Okidogi (and gives you something to click after Tera) but Lash Out helps it not be walled by Gholdengo or Cresselia. Oh and you outrun everything after losing your item. Thoughts?

Friends, Romans, country roads take me home, I am back in the kitchen following a brief hiatus and I might be on to something for once. Unburden Sneasler is great in OU (Sneasler flung its Big Nugget!) and so I thought I’d see how it does down here. And boy howdy have I been terrorizing low ladder.

mean girl (Sneasler) (F) @ Grassy / Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Acrobatics / Lash Out
- Coil

Coil is a great boosting move, and I like it over something like SD because it makes High Jump Kick and Gunk Shot perfectly accurate. Grassy / Electric Seed is preferable for the Def boost, as you’re boosting that with Coil anyways and it gives you Lando-T insurance (the calculator claims it OHKOs with Headlong Rush or Dragon Ascent even after the seed boost and a Coil but this is false). Gunk Shots and HJKs decimate the tier even after just one Coil, but if you can squeeze multiple in you are almost unstoppable. Acrobatics helps with opposing Sneasler and Okidogi (and gives you something to click after Tera) but Lash Out helps it not be walled by Gholdengo or Cresselia. Oh and you outrun everything after losing your item. Thoughts?
It’s like the Death Star, amazing in theory, only good in practice, with a large psychic weakness.

It’s like the Death Star, amazing in theory, only good in practice, with a large psychic weakness.
Ah yes, the Death Star, famously OHKO’d by Luke Skywalker’s proton torpedo Zen Headbutt. But more seriously, Tera Dark fixes that glaring issue (and also adds a damage boost if you run Lash Out over Acrobatics). Additionally, psychic just isn’t a very common or very good attacking type (one of the reasons poison is good defensively), so you don’t have to worry about it much.

Ah yes, the Death Star, famously OHKO’d by Luke Skywalker’s proton torpedo Zen Headbutt. But more seriously, Tera Dark fixes that glaring issue (and also adds a damage boost if you run Lash Out over Acrobatics). Additionally, psychic just isn’t a very common or very good attacking type (one of the reasons poison is good defensively), so you don’t have to worry about it much.
That is fair, but everybody gangsta till the Mach Punch users show up, it is a good pokemon, just not stupid

Where is the place where you find community teams?
Either on through posts on this thread (like this team https://pokepast.es/8f8aec9b1bc2ada4) or the /teams function on showdown.
:ogerpon-hearthflame:
Awesome start, pretty goated.
:toxapex:
Very heat defensive Pokémon, we love mortal spin.
:iron valiant:
Kills dragons, does damage.
:Meloetta:
Kills poison types, we love boomburst.
:gliscor:
A very apt switch in to pex, provides additional poison, pivots on lando Ig.
:kingambit:
Epic

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

(Punny Joke Waahahaha)
Ehem, yes, pun aside, surprising virtually nobody Ursaluna-Bloodmoon will be joining its cousin in being banned from STABmons.

InTheHillsGiaganticLBDCFCRoFnA
Ursaluna-BMBanBanBanBanDo Not Ban4/1/0 = BAN
VolcaronaDNBBanDNBDNBDNB1/4/0= DNB
Roaring MoonDNBAbstainBanBanDNB2/2/1= DNB

We voted on some things and the results was obviously that Ursaluna-Bloodmoon is banned from STABmons.

Reason is abundantly clear, Boomburst + Minds Eye basically lets it hit nearly everything, and when said move has one of the highest base powers backed by high special attack, great bulk, set up move, recovery, and utility on top of this led to this result. It has consistently proven to be able to trade up despite its abysmal speed through its bulk and upfront power. Sets universally used Boomburst but it could run a variety of different moves from utility with unblockable Rapid Spin, Court Change, Substitute and more... Even would be checks such as Spdef Corv or Soundproof Kommo-o weren't all that solid in the face of it due to its ability to setup and its limited albeit effective coverage options on top of Tera.

Pinging Kris for implementation and thanks as usual.

This ban will be in effect for Playoffs of OMWC!

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
OM Leader

Astral Barrage is gonna be freed with the release of DLC 2, there simply aren't a lot viable abusers, there is competition with Ghost stabs in Infernal Parade, it has low PP, and there are some chunky dark types (Ting Lu) and usable normal types (Meloetta) that are very viable. There also may be upwards of 2 more tiering changes (bans) depending on the outcome of a ongoing vote.

Edit: I lied there were 3 tiering changes, heh!

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
OM Leader

Final Pre-DLC 1 Slate - Time to Nuke Some Things
With the upcoming DLC 2, we decided to perform a final slate of votes and there are several things that as a result got yeeted from the tier!

First off, LBDC has stepped down from council, thanks for staying on and helping out, and since we are down one French person, why not recruit another! Welcome, Palapapop to the council, an accomplished tour player that should need little introduction.

GiaganticInTheHillsRoFnAFCPalapapopResult
Ban: Roaring MoonBanAdd Vote LatterDo Not BanBanBan3/1/1= Ban
Ban: Ogerpon-HearthflameBanAdd Vote LatterDo Not BanBanBan3/1/1= Ban
Ban: Ogerpon-WellspringDo Not BanAdd Vote LatterDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not Ban4/0/1= Do Not Ban
Ban: ManaphyBanAdd Vote LatterDo Not BanBanBan3/1/1= Ban
Ban: VolcanionDo Not BanAdd Vote LatterDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not Ban4/0/1= Do Not Ban

As a result of voting, Roaring Moon :Roaring Moon:, Ogerpon-Hearthflame :Ogerpon-Hearthflame:, and Manaphy :Manaphy: are all banned from STABmons effectively!

:Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon has always been a strong pick from my perspective, however with time it has gone from strong to overpowered boasting great offensive typing in tandem with great Attack and Speed. In STABmons, it gains several potential moves the most prominent of which was Glaive Rush and to a lesser extent Dragon Darts, but it could also run Ceaseless Edge or even Sucker Punch on Banded sets and these few additions were more then enough to boost it's viability immensely. Access to a reliable high powered Dragon move was just what Roaring Moon needed as Glaive Rush in particular had a controllable downside unlike Outrage. Sets ranged wildly from Choice Band sets that could be paired with a sun setter for immense damage alongside Tera Dragon, to Dragon Dance sets that varied from running a standard moveset such as Knock Off, Glaive Rush, Earthquake or Iron Head, and Dragon Dance to Booster Energy sets that could run Acrobatic Tera Flying. Roaring Moon saw a lot of play throughout OMWC and has proven itself a broken element within STABmons and as such is now banned.

:Ogerpon-Hearthflame:
Ogerpon-Hearthflame similarly to Roaring Moon has always been a strong pick from it's dual offensive typing, to the vast coverage options afforded to it as a result of it's form change meant that it had a large array of options to pick from and hit like truck especially once tera'd for that free +1 Attack. In particular access to Aqua Step, Flower Trick, Bitter Blade, Pyro Ball, Diamond Storm, Jet Punch, Surging Strikes, and more just gave it far to many powerful attributes for the tier to handle. The passive effect of it's mask really comes into play when such a high quality array of moves is given access to and Mold Breaker makes handling it even harder on top of having to be weary of it gaining another boost to fire coverage and +1 when Tera-ing. For all of these reasons it has been banned from STABmons.

:Manaphy:
Manaphy's gains in STABmons may not initially seem all that spectacular in number, yet, the reality is what it did gain was immensely impactful on the Pokemon when combined with it's natural moves in particular but not limited to, Tail Glow. Tail Glow when combined with Water Shuriken let Manaphy become an terrifying priority sweeper with great coverage moves and good overall bulk. In many ways, it is similar to Volcanion sets but with more immediate power off the bat due to the massive boost that Tail Glow provides, when combined with Tera this is further bolstered by making obvious switchins such as Ogerpon-Wellspring less ideal when a Manaphy uses a defensive Tera to circumvent the Ogerpon entirely. For this reason primarily (not necessarily limited to though) Manaphy has been banned from STABmons.

Going forward we will pay particular attention to Volcanion as one of the best Offensive checks to Water Shuriekn, Roaring Moon, is leaving the tier which may very well push it over the edge.

Tagging Kris for implementation, thanks as usual!

Last edited:
Me upon seeing Ogerpon: Adorable
Me upon seeing Ogerpon in STABmons: *flashbacks with bass boosted "totsugeki" in the background
Yeah, Ogerpon is an absolute menace in STABmons, with SD+Aqua Step+Ivy Cudgel+Fire Lash is the set I have seen the most, so let me show you it
Because F*** You (Ogerpon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Aqua Step
- Fire Lash

While dlc is around the corner, since roaring moon and manaphy are banned, I decided to build a stall team.
:toxapex::gholdengo::dondozo::ting-lu::gliscor::mandibuzz:
:toxapex::gholdengo::dondozo::clodsire::gliscor::mandibuzz:
I build two versions of this team. One before knowing about the Astral barrage ban and one after. It didn't matter at the end because Astral barrage i still banned on ladder.

Mandibuzz is mostly there to counter ogerpon without being forced to tera dondozo. After ogerpon uses sd, foul play is a guranteee ohko, while it lives any hit(besides a diamond storm). It also has the ability to defog against gholdengo because it threatens a knock off.

Gholdengo is mostly here for meloetta. Melotta absolutely destroys stall teams without a steel type, even then it does have fightimg coverage. Gholdengo fully counters lumina crash variants as well. I used to run twave as the last move, but I realize it didn't do much, So I'm running nasty plot as a wincon

The only problems are that this team is very weak to volcanion. Whether it be specs for sub Torch song. I haven't tried, but using cm blissey instead of Mandibuzz should be decent, but makes the team overall worse.

The real reason I made this post it because Astral Barrage was not unbanned on ladder. I've build some HO teams, but can't use them. Unban Astral barrage, ty.

While dlc is around the corner, since roaring moon and manaphy are banned, I decided to build a stall team.
:toxapex::gholdengo::dondozo::ting-lu::gliscor::mandibuzz:
:toxapex::gholdengo::dondozo::clodsire::gliscor::mandibuzz:
I build two versions of this team. One before knowing about the Astral barrage ban and one after. It didn't matter at the end because Astral barrage i still banned on ladder.

Mandibuzz is mostly there to counter ogerpon without being forced to tera dondozo. After ogerpon uses sd, foul play is a guranteee ohko, while it lives any hit(besides a diamond storm). It also has the ability to defog against gholdengo because it threatens a knock off.

Gholdengo is mostly here for meloetta. Melotta absolutely destroys stall teams without a steel type, even then it does have fightimg coverage. Gholdengo fully counters lumina crash variants as well. I used to run twave as the last move, but I realize it didn't do much, So I'm running nasty plot as a wincon

The only problems are that this team is very weak to volcanion. Whether it be specs for sub Torch song. I haven't tried, but using cm blissey instead of Mandibuzz should be decent, but makes the team overall worse.

The real reason I made this post it because Astral Barrage was not unbanned on ladder. I've build some HO teams, but can't use them. Unban Astral barrage, ty.
That’s because astral will only be freed with the ever awaiting dlc 2, currently it will remain illegal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)