Smogon Tournament #5 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
lol @ all of the above

anyway me and Sovereign are gonna battle whenever we're both online. I'm sure it'll work out fine.

stone cold gave me the log and here is what i can deduce from it

- battlelulz ran out of time, could be from lag or disconnection he doesnt speak for rest of match
- limitless leaves, perhaps out of instinct, as on ladder, once time runs out, you win
- there is no time limit rule in the tournament rules but seeing as battlelulz never talked, i would have to think he wasnt coming back
- however, does this excuse limitless for leaving once time expired? Personally, this could go either way since apparently battlulz had the match almost won but then again, almost doesnt mean squat in pokemon where luck can change everything.

i think it would be best to hear from battlulz personally and hear what he has to say. Perhaps he and limitless rescheduled the match to start after the legal time after the disconnection. Or perhaps this was the match that was supposed to count and battlulz sadly disconnected.

like i said, this could go either way and i dont want to be a judge but this is the situation at hand

Log:

Huntofthelion.: come on
Brian McCann: move <_<
Huntofthelion.: faster
rmegasballsrsmall: we told him not to do his battle at 5 am
Battlulz has exhausted his or her time.
Limitless wins!
rmegasballsrsmall: inb4timeout!
Huntofthelion.: wow
Fist: aww
DrunkenNinja: clock doesn't count
rmegasballsrsmall: FUCK!!!
Limitless has left the room.
DrunkenNinja: dude
DrunkenNinja: it doesn't count
DrunkenNinja: LOL
Jesse Lacey: WOW
DrunkenNinja: he loses
Brian McCann: ROFL
Huntofthelion.: lolol
rmegasballsrsmall: how does it not count?
GuyLAroche: i love how he leaves right away
Brian McCann: yeah
Brian McCann: i know
Jesse Lacey: wowwww what an asshole, he got owned
Limitless has entered the room.
Fist has left the room.
DrunkenNinja: YOU LOST LIMIT
GuyLAroche: welcome back
Huntofthelion.: rofl
DrunkenNinja: THERE ISN'T CLOCK OUTS
DrunkenNinja: AHAHAHAHA
Limitless has left the room.
Huntofthelion. has left the room.
Jesse Lacey: ROFL
Jesse Lacey: i bet he didnt save the log
GuyLAroche: ROFL
rmegasballsrsmall: LOL!
GuyLAroche: LOL
rmegasballsrsmall: OWNED!
Jesse Lacey: he left too fast
Farmer: lol
Jesse Lacey: theres no way he saved it in time
rmegasballsrsmall: bitch
rmegasballsrsmall: lmao
Farmer: ahahaha
Jesse Lacey: man, what a dujmb fuck
Brian McCann: i knwo
Jesse Lacey has left the room.
rmegasballsrsmall: soo
rmegasballsrsmall: limtless owned himself
rmegasballsrsmall: lmao
DrunkenNinja: if battlulz gets counted for a loss...
DrunkenNinja: then thats retarded
GuyLAroche has left the room.
rmegasballsrsmall has left the room.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll just leave it at this.

From your post, KD24:

"i think it would be best to hear from battlulz personally and hear what he has to say. Perhaps he and limitless rescheduled the match to start after the legal time after the disconnection. Or perhaps this was the match that was supposed to count and battlulz sadly disconnected."

As I've stated, we rescheduled for Friday. He didn't have any problem with this, or at least when we talked on AIM. If he had any problem, the obvious thing to do would be to complain in this thread, which was evidential, since he didn't do that.

Well, I was there, and although Pokemon is luck based, Battlulz still had CB Scizor left who could kill the last two Pokes with Bullet Punch. I dont see how luck can factor in on a Priority sweep against two Pokes who did not have any sort of boosted evasion, or Priority moves themselves.

Also, Limitless left within 3 seconds of Battlulz timing out. You can call it instinct if you want, but if you leave a match no matter what, that's a technical forfeit in a non-Timed Battle environment.

I don't have anything against Limitless whatsoever, but I just don't want to see shady actions like this one prosper. I would give my interpretation of such an event regardless of who's involved.

I'll just leave it at this.

From your post, KD24:

"i think it would be best to hear from battlulz personally and hear what he has to say. Perhaps he and limitless rescheduled the match to start after the legal time after the disconnection. Or perhaps this was the match that was supposed to count and battlulz sadly disconnected."

As I've stated, we rescheduled for Friday. He didn't have any problem with this, or at least when we talked on AIM. If he had any problem, the obvious thing to do would be to complain in this thread, which was evidential, since he didn't do that.
Limitless, Battlulz tends to give into peer pressure a lot, and he was probably worried about what you would think or say if he denied your rematch request. Also, the obvious thing would not be to complain in the thread, because he did not want to ruin your reputation here. Instead he took the private route and PM'd Sonuis about it. I do not think, however, that it was sportsmanlike of you to post in this topic as if he has been trying to avoid you while completely leaving out other parts of the story. That post had a clear malicious intent against Battlulz, when he was trying to keep matters private.

See, my only thing is that if you really knew you were gonna lose Limitless, why cant you just admit that? In reality, this is just pokemon. If you were gonna lose, admit defeat and move on. As it seems, you were going to lose, and this is your way to get a rematch. If you were not going to lose, then I would see no problem in there being a rematch, but that doesnt seem to be the case here

Eh, well thats why it would be nice if he could answer some post. I realize it to be like 10 on 1 atm, and he might find it better not to post so that he does not get flamed. All im asking for is a simple yes or no, if he really felt it that he was not beat, then I see no problem in him requesting a rematch. If he was actually beat, then man up and admit to defeat. Dont look for a reason to get a rematch, take your loss and move on. This tournament isnt really that important, it doesnt add inches to your "slong" if you win this tournament limitless

lol that makes alot of sense... Trying to find Limitless a loophole doesnt evade the fact that he was going to lose.... Seriously, this is just pokemon... If you are going to try to look for loopholes to reverse a loss in pokemon, then I really feel sorry for you.

Along with that, if you arent going to follow tournament rules, how is that in any way Battlulz fault? Time limit is not apart of the rules, therefore how can Battlulz suffer a loss because of Limitless' mistake?

lol, it actually is a loophole. You are stating that there is no rule against adding additional rules, therefore that is a loophole you found. Why should these additional rules be mandatory to be followed if they are added? Mistakes do happen... I doubt limitless purposely added time limit to the rules. It was probably already set up from previous matches, he just forgot to check it off. Either way, this match seemed to be pretty secured for Battlulz. If this is not true, why cant Limitless just state that? If it is true, why cant he just take the loss and move on?

It would be just as secured as if you lost to a last game crit.

Battlelulz agrred to the extra rule and so it should be counted.

That's all I'm going to say, though it's not like it's up to me anyhow.

What happened in the battle is irrelevent. Battlulz accepted (and by doing so legitimized) the extra limitation, and according to this limitation he lost.

If the arbitrary limitation agreed upon by both battlers previous to the battle was "No Stealth Rock," for example, and the battler who was winning the entire time decided to use Stealth Rock, he would lose, regardless of how "extremely" he was winning.

A time limitation is the same. Battlulz accepted, and he lost according to that limitation.

By all logic, Limitless should simply accept the win and move on.

However, he is really taking the high road and agreeing to a rematch. Is this really that disagreeable to you?
Lol, hes taking the high road? Really now, that road seemed to have been lowered when he posted acting like Battlulz has been completely inactive. No matter how much of an argument you try to present, its simply called good sportsmanship. Limitless, by how it seems, was going to lose. If good sportsmanship had been shown, he would have just taken his eventual defeat and moved on. If this time limit thing really mattered, Limitless would talk to Sonius and receive the win. In an attempt to rid of his loss, he just asked for a rematch, and Battlulz has pmed Sonius on the issue

What happened in the battle is irrelevent. Battlulz accepted (and by doing so legitimized) the extra limitation, and according to this limitation he lost.

If the arbitrary limitation agreed upon by both battlers previous to the battle was "No Stealth Rock," for example, and the battler who was winning the entire time decided to use Stealth Rock, he would lose, regardless of how "extremely" he was winning.

A time limitation is the same. Battlulz accepted, and he lost according to that limitation.

However, he is really taking the high road and agreeing to a rematch. Is this really that disagreeable to you?
Actually, if both players agreed to not use Stealth Rock beforehand, and one of them did, I don't think Sonuis would give that person a loss, lol. The tournament host should not be enforcing extra rules that players agree to.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion

Quit trying to BS this and sound smart....the fact of the matter is....the time limit rule is enforced simply for the ladder so that people don't try and stall time to win. It is irrelevant for tournies, do you seriously check every single clause when you send someone a challenge? It is a given that in tournies timeouts shouldn't matter.

If time outs counted, then give Brian McCann the win over Mekkah because Mekkah timed out and people in the match stated "there isn't a time limit rule".

KthnxBye.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
No, you cannot add rules that break the rules lol. I clearly stated ADDITIONAL rules, not rules that break the other rules.

All of you, as collective, are completely daft.
My first reply handles what you meant. So, like I said....disqualify Mekkah for breaking the time out rule.

I mean, apparently what you say goes afterall....

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
He lost in a epic battle of epic proportions.

However, mekkah's time expired prior, and they both "agreed" to the time rule.

Also, in smogon tours, both players agree to the time rule but time expires everytime and they are never dq'd....

The argument is stupid. Even for you Aldy.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Answered aamto's PM

My life > pokemon though so if we don't get this done, give him the win. He has been responsive and cares more than I do. Regardless, we are trying to meet this weekend. gl m8

I read the rules and didnt see anything mentioning a time limit. You guys played the match with time limit and when you exhaust your time you lose. Simple. I don't see why you guys are arguing.

Limitless said:
wow, so why is there a ~1.5 page long argument about this again?

I read the rules and didnt see anything mentioning a time limit. You guys played the match with time limit and when you exhaust your time you lose. Simple. I don't see why you guys are arguing.
if this is so, then Briann McCann should have advanced over Mekkah, but that wasnt the case, so the same ruling should be applied here

If Limitless was losing by so much, then Battlulz shouldn't have to worry about another match. Regardless, I think this argument is pointless. I only clicked on this thread to mention that I've sent a PM to Abacus and we'll try to battle ASAP.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Why don't you all stop arguing about it and let Sonuis handle it? He's the one running the show - nobody else.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
For the brian mccann/mekkah analogy to be accurate, you would have to say that all battles involving timers should be replayed even if the timer didnt cause the game to end. Otherwise you would be opening the door for people to play with a timer, and then if you are losing let the timer end the game and say it doesnt count because of the timer. That isnt going to happen.

Have a nice day.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really don't want to get involved, but just to add somethnig minor; Mekkah didn't *leave* the battle (i.e. physically leave) the log that was posted earlier kind of shows Battlulz' computer either died or he up and left the match (he never came back!) Even if there isn't a time rule you can't just leave a match while it's still going.

The real reason I'm posting is to say I made contact with Gaborik during the non-battling portion of the round. Since then I've PM'd him when I've seen him on, but I've been unlucky in that both of those times he's been afk. I'll try to arrange a time.

The real reason I'm posting is to say I made contact with Gaborik during the non-battling portion of the round. Since then I've PM'd him when I've seen him on, but I've been unlucky in that both of those times he's been afk. I'll try to arrange a time.
Just posting to say I've only been online a couple minutes at a time since I have been stuck studying this weekend. We are only a time zone apart and I'm wide open this weekend, we shouldn't have a problem finding each other to get this done on time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)