Smogon Tournament #5 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Predictions Deadline/Battle Start: Friday, February 27th, 9:00 PM, PST.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 11th, 9:00 PM, PST.

Smogon Tournament #5 Original Thread
Smogon Tournament #5 Prediction Tournament Original Thread
General Tournament Rules

Please read everything thoroughly like always!

Smogon Tournament #5

Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
    • You cannot have more than two of the same species of a pokémon on your team.
      • Example: You cannot have two Charmanders on your team.
  • *Uber Clause
    • Pokémon in the "Uber" tier list are not allowed to be on your team. (Note: The Tier List was static and became set after the Shaymin-S Vote)
  • Sleep Clause
    • You cannot put two of your opponent's pokémon asleep at the same time.
      • Using moves that put your own pokémon to sleep like rest will not trigger the Sleep Clause.
  • Evasion Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves raise its evasion stat.
      • Traits and Moves that indirectly increase a pokémon's evasion do not break this clause.
      • Items like Brightpowder do not break this clause.
  • Freeze Clause
    • You cannot freeze two of your opponent's Pokémon.
  • OHKO Clause
    • A pokémon cannot use moves OHKO moves.
      • Example: Fissure
  • Self-KO Clause
    • If both players are down to one pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both pokémon to force a tie.
      • If a recoil damage move forces a tie, then the Self-KO Clause does not trigger. Please notify Sonuis if this happens during your match.
  • Timed Battle
Specific Rules
  • Please send a log to Sonuis labeled like so: Round # - Name vs. Name (Score as Win-Loss). These are vital to getting your matches counted. If you are having a format issue when you open up your log, rename its file extension to .doc.
  • Scouting: This is a blanket rule. Understand that it is severely frowned upon, but it can't be controlled by any means. So if any player playing their match, I want to ask that you leave if they request so. Please resource the original creating/joining a tournament thread.
  • Contacting: The best way to get your match done fast and make the tournament progress faster is by contacting your opponent and setting up a date to battle! Here are some ways to contact your opponent!
    • Send them a private message on the Smogon Forums.
    • Contact them on the Smogon Chat Room on the IRC network Dejatoons. For a guide as how to get to the Smogon Chat Room, click here!
    • Check your opponent's user profile and see if they have an Instant Messenger nickname for the same program you use.
    • Maybe they have their e-mail available to the public too!
Smogon Tournament # 5 Predictions Tournament

Rules
  • When an ST5 round begins, players will be delayed for three days before they can start their match. This is the period for which you send in your predictions.
  • You will send your predictions in to a flunky found in the list below.
  • For each correct prediction, you will receive a point.
    • The points received for each correct prediction each round will change.
  • You do not lose any points for incorrect predictions.
  • If you fail to send in your list, you will be ineligible to receive points for that round.
    • Example: If you send your predictions on time for R1, you will get points for each correct prediction. However, if you don't send in your predictions on time for R2, then you won't receive points for R2. If you send your predictions on time for R3, you will get points for each correct predictions, and so forth.
  • During R1, and only on R1, any substitution for any sort of match will result as a correct prediction. In following rounds, if you picked a player who did not complete their match and was DQed, your prediction will be marked as incorrect.
Sending Predictions List and Flunkies

Each participant will be assigned a flunky to send their prediction list to. When you learn who to send it to, create a .txt file with your predictions labeled as so: Nickname - Round # Predictions. You will then upload the file to a file sharing service, or your own web space to download. Good services would be Sendspace, Megaupload, Mediafire, Rapidshare, or zshare. Once you have uploaded your file, copy the share link and PM your assigned flunky with it so that they can download the file. If they are unable to acquire the file, your flunky will notify you. Here are your flunkies!

It's recommended that you create an account on one of these services as if your predictions file gets lost, it can be recovered and recounted.

You already know your flunkies, send `em!

Points for each correct prediction for R3: 5 Points

ATTENTION ALL ST5PT PARTICIPANTS: IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POINTS BY THE R3 PREDICTIONS DEADLINE, PLEASE SEND ALL OF YOUR LINKS WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS TO SONUIS!

Round 3 Pairings

Alice vs BlueKirby
darkie vs Abacus
Battlelulz vs Limitless
Panamaxis vs Twash
RB Golbat vs Sudo
thebattler1 vs Celebi_trainer_ice
Earthworm vs rmega
Giant Enemy Crab vs Warthog
billymills vs Phyres
Jackal vs MythTrainerInfinity
Eo Ut Mortus vs Marcel123
Sovereign vs locopoke
TAY vs HECTORtu
JabbaTheGriffin (Free Point for all)
Gaborik vs jimbo
KD24 vs Ulquiorra
Hipmonlee vs Junior
Burnpsy vs Magmortified
Philip7086 vs maddog
GG vs M Dragon
matty vs aamto
omni vs Luphrous
BAM_UR_DEAD vs august
LoveDestiny vs orion
TvboyCanti vs Mekkah
Twist of Fate vs Flash_gearz
Elevator Music vs Gouki
3N3MY vs stone_cold22
Loki vs Mizuno
Veteran In Love vs Rag (Will attempt to snatch log)
Zak91 vs C. Falcon
LonelyNess vs .Baris.

Latest Point Information

Astamatitios: 206 Points
Jimbo: 199 Points
HECTORtu: 192 Points
TAY: 192 Points
Stone_cold22: 191 Points
Serenity: 183 Points
Earthworm: 182 Points
Lady Bug: 182 Points
Rag: 182 Points
Silent Echo: 181 Points
Loki: 180 Points
Xenogears: 179 Points
Darkwolf: 176 Points
Kevin Garrett: 175 Points
omni: 175 Points
Crossfire: 169 Points
scofield: 159 Points
Amre92: 157 Points
Thebattler1: 156 Points
Andeby: 155 Points
MetaNite: 153 Points
Sudo: 153 Points
Blame Game: 151 Points
dbolt: 100 Points
Goofball: 97 Points
Shaft: 97 Points
LunarFang: 96 Points
Ripchord: 95 Points
R2: 94
Olie: 93 Points
Sikh Assasin: 90 Points
Expert Evan: 89
Cerivious: 88
Darkartisan: 87 Points
Sapientia: 84 Points
imperfectluck: 83 Points
Elevator Music: 80 Points
Hipmonlee: 77 Points

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay....I would like to say this...

Rmega vs Earthworm is easily the best match up there...

that shit is like finals haha

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My apologies to .Baris. for having to take him out round 3. It's such a shame your Smogon Tournament run has to end here.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Those are some pretty big words there, Lonelyness - I do hope you don't end up having to eat them.

Best of luck to you, Alice!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought I would take the Gouki approach this round and be incredibly pompous... it seems to work for him!

In all SeriousNess, this should be a good battle. I'm looking forward to it! Good luck, .Baris..

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ooh Gaborik, I've heard good things. I'll PM you soon (Not like it matters, we can't battle for a little while)

Damn, lots of good matches in this round.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alice vs BlueKirby - I can't remember if Alice is good or not...but BK is BK so...
darkie vs Abacus - who is abacus?
Battlelulz vs Limitless
Panamaxis vs Twash - who is Panaxamis?
RB Golbat vs Sudo - who is Sudo?
Earthworm vs rmega - who is rmega?
Giant Enemy Crab vs Warthog - Warthog, the best tournament Host (capital H)
billymills vs Phyres
Jackal vs MythTrainerInfinity - but jackal wins if MTI keeps uses his arbitrary limitations on his teams...like no Stealth Rock...
Eo Ut Mortus vs Marcel123 - who is Marcel123?
Sovereign vs locopoke
TAY vs HECTORtu - TAY...my beautiful princess...who acts like a boy, acting like a girl
Duskie vs JabbaTheGriffin - Duskie...Darkie...
Gaborik vs jimbo - just smogon status name recognition here
KD24 vs Ulquiorra - man you guys let KD get to round 3?
Hipmonlee vs Junior - but my heart wants Junior to win...
Burnpsy vs Magmortified - who is Burnpsy?
Philip7086 vs maddog - Philip7086?
GG vs M Dragon - german takes ST5 by (not) surprise?
MetaNite vs aamto - tomato.
omni vs Luphrous - omni better win it all for crushing me last year. bitch.
BAM_UR_DEAD vs august
LoveDestiny vs orion - who is orion?
TvboyCanti vs Mekkah - experience
Twist of Fate vs Flash_gearz - ToF is...nevermind, who is Flash_gearz?
Elevator Music vs Gouki - too early for chouki to reveal himself
3N3MY vs stone_cold22 - 3N3MY is solid but I kinda want stone cold to win it all just because it would piss people (tangerine) off so much lol
Loki vs Mizuno - FUCK too early for this match...do I go with Loki my son or Mizuno...Well, I forgot to include Loki in my predictions to win it all last round...so I'll go against my predictions last round to make up for it
Veteran In Love vs Rag
Zak91 vs C. Falcon
LonelyNess vs .Baris. - sorry Ness but it doesn't matter how good you (think) you are...Baris' luck will beat you regardless ^_^

left the ones I didn't recognize blank

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
Alice vs BlueKirby
darkie vs Abacus
Battlelulz vs Limitless
Panamaxis vs Twash
RB Golbat vs Sudo
Earthworm vs rmega
Giant Enemy Crab vs Warthog
billymills vs Phyres
Jackal vs MythTrainerInfinity
Eo Ut Mortus vs Marcel123
Sovereign vs locopoke
TAY vs HECTORtu
Duskie vs JabbaTheGriffin-Good luck.
Gaborik vs jimbo
KD24 vs Ulquiorra
Hipmonlee vs Junior
Burnpsy vs Magmortified
Philip7086 vs maddog
GG vs M Dragon
MetaNite vs aamto
omni vs Luphrous
BAM_UR_DEAD vs august
LoveDestiny vs orion
TvboyCanti vs Mekkah
Twist of Fate vs Flash_gearz
Elevator Music vs Gouki
3N3MY vs stone_cold22
Loki vs Mizuno
Veteran In Love vs Rag
Zak91 vs C. Falcon
LonelyNess vs .Baris.

Pm'd Jabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)