Smogon Tournament #4 R1 || Predictions Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious to everyone that there will be a short extension. If your opponent does not show after the deadline expires, the FCFS (First Come, First Served) rule will go into effect. Report to me either through a PM or by posting here. The first to reach me will be assigned a sub. Unless of course you both find each other online at the time slightly past the deadline. Play if that's the case. Being assigned a sub will happen only during round one.
That's not really fair imo... say person X is being very active, but person Y doesn't feel like battling and doesn't reply... then person Y posts 1 minute after the deadline, so he would get a substitute for a second chance to the next round, while he was the one who was lagging the tournament? o.o

I'd say, just give the most active one of the two a new opponent. Unless they're both equally active in which case they will battle one of these days.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'm hoping to get my match done soon, my opponent wasn't even sure what tourney he was in and never tried to contact me.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this is what I'm going to do.
  1. I'm going to extend the deadline to Sunday, January 20th, 8:59pm, PST without resourcing to Subs. 40~ incomplete battles is silly.
  2. If not all battles are finished, I'll use Subs and extend the deadline to Tuesday, January 22nd, 8:59pm, PST.
  3. If the second deadline expires, I'll do coin flips to determine the winner.
I'm being nice to avoid the FCFS rule.

Finish your battles >:O

Giga Punch and I were supposed to battle today, but both of us got really filled up in today's program. So we decided to battle tommorow instead.

Hopefully my opponent will able to battle tomorrow night, I'll be back home and online long before the new deadline ends.

Also thanks Sonuis for extending it.

edit: just sent my opponent another PM. He hasn't been on since the 13th though.

This is unfair, my first oponent forfeited the match and now you get me a sub and I`ll probably get dq`ed because I`m on vacation. And I`ve mentioned my vacation on a post in this same thread

My oponent Maestro is kind of being a scrub about this and his only response ever since getting back on the 15th has been "You're never on when I'm on". I asked him to set a time on the 17th, and even pmed him about the deadline. Unless i get a pm back within a couple of hours, I'd like a sub ~__~;;

Mr. COalex has still not responded to my PMs. I've left contact information, general activity times, etc. Still no word!

Zephrman didn't turn up at the agreed time, and I can't battle again until Tuesday-ish, so we'll have to sort something out between us.

Mr. COalex has still not responded to my PMs. I've left contact information, general activity times, etc. Still no word!
To be fair, the only PM you sent me said:

We're paired up in the Smogon tournament thing. I'm not really available for at least a few days (I've got a DotA match today, after which I'm heading out for a party), but you can feel free to get in touch with me for a game over the week.

email/MSN: dancewiththemantis@gmail.com
You can PM me here, or whatever you like.

Also, I'm in EST (GMT-5) time.

May the better man win :)
I can be on for most of tomorrow, or for another hour tonight if you're on. We're in the same timezone, so we should be able to get our battle done. Just find me on IRC or Shoddy Battle (I'm on most of the time I'm on the computer)

Alright. Messaged atlex yesterday. No reply. He's on my msn list and I've only seen him on one time. That was when I scheduled a date for us to battle on. (he didn't show up btw)

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
No reply from Phenoix Wright yet, and he was even online this morning. I think I will need a sub unless he happens to respond pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)