Smogon Tournament #4 R1 || Predictions Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the only PM you sent me said:

I can be on for most of tomorrow, or for another hour tonight if you're on. We're in the same timezone, so we should be able to get our battle done. Just find me on IRC or Shoddy Battle (I'm on most of the time I'm on the computer)
I have until 2:00 PM EST then I'm unavailable for basically the rest of the day. Reach me quicktime!

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I got a responce from Phenoix Wright via PM; here's what he said:
Personal matters are really getting in the way....would you mind finding a replacement or something? Otherwise, I'll just forfeight or summin. Sorry for any inconveinience.
So I think I'm going to need a sub.

I really would like a substitute. My opponent hasn't been on smogon in a week. I've been on Shoddy for the last 3 hours hoping he would happen to get on and he never did.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really, REALLY hate to do this. Right now, I'm rolling for subs as there hasn't been enough. That really pisses me off to no extent, especially with the fact that 32 matches were incomplete. So, I'm going to end up giving byes to people who are lucky enough to hit so. I've got 6 subs lines up, so there's going to be 20~ byes. I don't want to delay the tournament as that will force lack of interest.

I based sub slots based on how often I've ran into a person/forum visitation/join date/etc. I'm sorry if you don't like my decisions, but this is something that could happen if you don't finish your battles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I gave you a sub last week, you have until the end of the deadline to finish your match. If you do not receive a PM soon, then you've ended up with a bye.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'd like to point out that failing to make a sufficient effort to complete your assigned match may result in the revocation of tournament participation privileges.

What the... why was I kicked out? Justin was the one who was being inactive. ._. I sent 3 PMs to him in the past weeks, but never got a response. Giving him a new opponent would only stall this tournament more, as he isn't going to battle anyway - either that, or he just dislikes me, although I don't know why he would do that.

So that means Justin should be subbed by firewater, not me.

I think they did it just because Justin has a 'bigger name' which is of course a [SIZE=-1]ridiculous decision and should be corrected.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)