Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I remember seeing before this gen started that regenerator was supposed to be 25% instead of 33%. Was that just not the case at all or is showdown not updated for it yet?

I'm sure it's been asked but I couldn't find it so I apologize. But when you Tera, do you also retain your original STAB bonuses? I remember that being a hot topic of conversation, but never saw if it was confirmed.

I'm sure it's been asked but I couldn't find it so I apologize. But when you Tera, do you also retain your original STAB bonuses? I remember that being a hot topic of conversation, but never saw if it was confirmed.
Specifically, you become Mono-typed to your Tera defensively, but offensively you have STAB on your original types plus Tera (or old STAB + Boosted if same-type Tera)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
What are the best EV investments for hazard lead Glimmora? (Currently running Rocks/Mortal Spin/Spikes/Earth Power)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What are the best EV investments for hazard lead Glimmora? (Currently running Rocks/Mortal Spin/Spikes/Earth Power)
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin

I normally try Sludge Bomb or even Meme too as an option as well, but there’s no need for bulk as a suicide lead. If you’re not running sash or not dedicated as a lead, investing in bulk is fine though.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
I understand that Iron Bundle is likely on the chopping block, but while it's here do I want to boost speed with Booster Energy, or boost attack?

I know terastalizing lets you keep your original STABs, but does it let you keep other attributes associated with your original type(s)? As a follow-up, does the new tera type also give other associated attributes and not just STABs and resists?

For example, if I Tera my Tyranitar (Rock/Dark) into Tera Ghost,

a) Do I get to keep the sandstorm immunity and Sp. Def boost in sand from being originally Rock-type?
b) Do I get to keep the immunity to Prankster moves from being originally Dark-type?
c) Do I gain a new immunity to being trapped due to becoming a Ghost-type?

Thanks!

I wonder what Bisharp does over Kingambit to warrant it being on the viability list. Is it like Magneton in some prior gens where its slightly better speed over its evolution gives it some merit of being used over it?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask: What is usually considered low, mid and high ladder? I assume low is 1000-1200, and high means 1800+ or the top 500, but I might be wrong. I'm also not sure if its different in the beginning of a tier vs a more settled one (like sv ou VS ss ou)

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Not sure if this is the right place to ask: What is usually considered low, mid and high ladder? I assume low is 1000-1200, and high means 1800+ or the top 500, but I might be wrong. I'm also not sure if its different in the beginning of a tier vs a more settled one (like sv ou VS ss ou)
Low ladder is usually about > 1400 aka elo hell. 1400 - 1700 is usually the mid tier and above 1700 is where the sweaty nerds duke it out. This is just my opinion though because at > 1400, people use some stupid stuff that really shouldn't be used in a tier like using a Pikachu in ou just for the sake of using Pikachu in ou. At about 1400, players would usually use pokemon that are good in the meta, have good teambuilding understanding, but can make a lot of mistakes in the battle itself. At 1700+ is where people are great at teambuilding and they don't make that many mistakes compared to the average player. Also, the high level players would take their time calcing everything and are basically going full scientist mode before making a move

This is usually when the tier has settled because at the beginning, the tier is basically anarchy and people would usually be more interested in trying the new stuff out

I know terastalizing lets you keep your original STABs, but does it let you keep other attributes associated with your original type(s)? As a follow-up, does the new tera type also give other associated attributes and not just STABs and resists?

For example, if I Tera my Tyranitar (Rock/Dark) into Tera Ghost,

a) Do I get to keep the sandstorm immunity and Sp. Def boost in sand from being originally Rock-type?
b) Do I get to keep the immunity to Prankster moves from being originally Dark-type?
c) Do I gain a new immunity to being trapped due to becoming a Ghost-type?

Thanks!
a) No to both.
b) No.
c) Yes.

You keep the STABs but for all other intents and purposes you're Mono ghost.

I thought the snowing weather condition was supposed to give ice types 1.5x defense in this gen; it's not happening on showdown is it yet to be added?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)