Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Do you guys think that Quaquaval usage should pick up if and when palafin-hero gets banhammered? I personally think it will because Quaquaval is really good in its own right and the only reason people aren't running it is palafin-hero being broken from what I see.
I think it will always run into some barriers trying to be consistent in OU, but it may be viable at least

How long does it take for bans to go out on ladder? Faced a team with flutter mane and realized I never actually checked the usual estimated time these things go live. If the answer is "whenever the showdown admins are active", that's ok too lol

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
How long does it take for bans to go out on ladder? Faced a team with flutter mane and realized I never actually checked the usual estimated time these things go live. If the answer is "whenever the showdown admins are active", that's ok too lol
No defined time because it requires someone to be online to hotpatch the server to make the update live. Basically anyone could update the tier lists, but they wouldn't be updated on PS until the hotpatch happens. Depending on when a ban happens this shouldn't typically take that long, but a few hours to half a day can be expected.

There is no plate other than Pixie in gen9. why is that?
The plates were removed in SwSh because Arceus wasn't available, then readded in BDSP because Arceus was available. Arceus isn't in SV, so they're gone again.

The reason the Fairy Plate is still around is because Game Freak never bothered to give it a generic type-boosting item like Soft Sand or Mystic Water.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Anyone got a good spread for Glimmora
You can go with a hyper offense approach or a more balanced one, whichever you prefer:

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
Glimmora @ Black Sludge
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Sludge Wave / Power Gem / Energy Ball
- Earth Power
Just make sure to always run Earth Power so you're not stonewalled by Steel-types.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Are Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Dragapult and Garchomp viable rn? If they are what sets are most useful on them rn?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Are Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Dragapult and Garchomp viable rn? If they are what sets are most useful on them rn?
All of them but Hydreigon are on the viability list, which alone is a rough sell due to the Iron form.

Tyranitar tends to just run standard utility, but Dragapult can run specs or DD with Tera while Garchomp is less common rn but I've seen SD intermittently

2 pokemon got banned yesterday but fir some reason they haven't been officially moved to ubers and I can still use them right now.

How long do we need to wait until they are gone once and for all?

A few hours? A few days? The end of the month?

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Question regarding the first OU tournament, when does the tournament actually start? in a week? few days? as soon as the pool of players is full?

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
2 pokemon got banned yesterday but fir some reason they haven't been officially moved to ubers and I can still use them right now.

How long do we need to wait until they are gone once and for all?

A few hours? A few days? The end of the month?
See QQ’s post below:
No defined time because it requires someone to be online to hotpatch the server to make the update live. Basically anyone could update the tier lists, but they wouldn't be updated on PS until the hotpatch happens. Depending on when a ban happens this shouldn't typically take that long, but a few hours to half a day can be expected.
—-
Question regarding the first OU tournament, when does the tournament actually start? in a week? few days? as soon as the pool of players is full?
A few days — could be tomorrow or Wednesday tbh

What's the Tera boost for adaptability users using stab moves? I know Tera blast is 80 BP, and terastalizing to a type that isn't any of yours will give a 1.5x boost and same type terastalizing will give stab moves a 2x boost instead of a 1.5x stab boost. However, adaptability already grants stab moves a 2x boost. If dragalge with adaptability were to Tera poison, how strong would sludge bomb get boosted?

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
What's the Tera boost for adaptability users using stab moves? I know Tera blast is 80 BP, and terastalizing to a type that isn't any of yours will give a 1.5x boost and same type terastalizing will give stab moves a 2x boost instead of a 1.5x stab boost. However, adaptability already grants stab moves a 2x boost. If dragalge with adaptability were to Tera poison, how strong would sludge bomb get boosted?
You would multiply the multipliers with each other to get the total boost I believe

I have a question about tera.
when the pokemon terastylizes to match its own type (maushold becoming normal for example) do the STAB attacks become 1.5x1.5 or they become 2? and what happens if the pokemon has adaptability?do they become 2x2?2x1.5? something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)