Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

What are some of iron bundles best sets? It doesn't look like there's a thread discussing it at all yet.

What are some of iron bundles best sets? It doesn't look like there's a thread discussing it at all yet.
Most common set for it is either hdb or specs both normally would run freeze dry, flip turn, hydro pump, but hdb can run taunt, agility, and while both also like ice beam. Specs prefer ice beam for last

Most common set for it is either hdb or specs both normally would run freeze dry, flip turn, hydro pump, but hdb can run taunt, agility, and while both also like ice beam. Specs prefer ice beam for last
Thank you for the reply! What Tera would be best to run? And would moves like electric terrain, Tera blast, or aurora veil have any merit?

Thank you for the reply! What Tera would be best to run? And would moves like electric terrain, Tera blast, or aurora veil have any merit?
terra water is nice for additional pump damage, the other moves not really since freeze dry + pump is already unresisted coverage, as you hardly will be able to setup terrain or veil

Will UU be made in December or January? I remember it coming out a month after a new gen is released but don't remember if it's a full month or not.

A question about how rage fist works. Does it boost in power everytime your're hit, or every time you take dmg? Bc I fought an Annihilape with hippowdon, didn't hit it once, and yet it still one shot me at +3 with rage fist (Here's the replay, turn 13 is the kill https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1720602495).
What was your Hippowdon spread? I want to plug this into a Calculator and make sure I'm accurate.

+3 252 Atk Annihilape Rage Fist (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 486-573 (115.7 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I've had the theory that Rage Fist increments when Annihilape is hit by a move rather than specifically taking damage (so any move that connects without an Accuracy Check or Immunity failure), which would align with the 150 BP necessary for this OHKO since you hit him with 2 Yawns before the KO turn. Whether this is how it works in-game it might be how it's set up on Showdown, though he obviously took damage 2+ times from Rocks and Sandstorm before then too.

What was your Hippowdon spread? I want to plug this into a Calculator and make sure I'm accurate.

+3 252 Atk Annihilape Rage Fist (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 486-573 (115.7 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I've had the theory that Rage Fist increments when Annihilape is hit by a move rather than specifically taking damage (so any move that connects without an Accuracy Check or Immunity failure), which would align with the 150 BP necessary for this OHKO since you hit him with 2 Yawns before the KO turn. Whether this is how it works in-game it might be how it's set up on Showdown, though he obviously took damage 2+ times from Rocks and Sandstorm before then too.
Standard, 252 HP 252+ SpDef

How do you counter Maushold?

I was playing a low ladder game with an Avalugg team. My opponent got to setup a Tidy Up with Maushold, they Terastallized into Normal-type and then proceeded to almost destroy my team. I thought a 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg would be able to counter that Pokemon, but then the following interaction happened.

Tyranitar, come back!
Go! Avalugg!

The opposing Maushold has Terastallized into the Normal-type!

The opposing Maushold used Population Bomb!
(Avalugg lost 9.2% of its health!)
(Avalugg lost 8.4% of its health!)
A critical hit!
(Avalugg lost 14.2% of its health!)
(Avalugg lost 9.4% of its health!)
(Avalugg lost 9.4% of its health!)
The Pokémon was hit 10 times!

(The sandstorm is raging.)
The opposing Maushold is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Avalugg is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Avalugg fainted!
Link to the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1721259108-0xk9vj3qunc5g00p2byzw3hb87dbvk9pw

The pokemon with the HIGHEST defense currently available in OU got one shotted by a Maushold. How are you guys dealing with Maushold? Are you just meant to revenge kill it with priority for the time being?

How do you counter Maushold?

I was playing a low ladder game with an Avalugg team. My opponent got to setup a Tidy Up with Maushold, they Terastallized into Normal-type and then proceeded to almost destroy my team. I thought a 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg would be able to counter that Pokemon, but then the following interaction happened.

Link to the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1721259108-0xk9vj3qunc5g00p2byzw3hb87dbvk9pw

The pokemon with the HIGHEST defense currently available in OU got one shotted by a Maushold. How are you guys dealing with Maushold? Are you just meant to revenge kill it with priority for the time being?
generally the biggest things with maushold are it's frailty and its intense weakness to contact punishers
there's no viable flame body user as of rn but stuff like helmet corvi and helmet chomp catch it clicking population bomb and murder it
you can slap a helmet on your avalugg if you're weak to maushold

also since it's pretty frail and 115 isn't super fast this metagame you can attack it as it sets up

How do we get Hidden Abilities for this gen? Particularly with the starters. Or do we have to wait awhile until they start releasing HA Pokemon somehow?

Ability Patches are a 1% drop from 6-star raids.
So we no longer have to breed someone with the HA to pass it down? I'm way behind in the meta, as well as from the past gen. I can give an Ability Patch to my mon and I can choose the HA then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)