Project OU Next Best Thing - Cycle Last: Mega Latias (Voting)

Jirachi @ Psychium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Future Sight
- Wish
- Protect

Double 2 Turn attacks force your opponent into a difficult spot, where they are taking 2 turns worth of damage between Doom Desire or Future Sight, and Psychium Z. Has Wish to heal yourself, Protect to scout, and Psychium is an option to nail poison types. The damage output is insane, as with average rolls, you're doing around 36% to Celesteela through your Z, alongside Doom Desire or Future Sight all hitting.

Last edited:
Jirachi  sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

God Is Dead (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Fire Punch

Here's a really fucking obnoxious ORAS set. EV spread lets you 2HKO Scizor and Ferro with Fire Punch while outpacing stuff like Hoopa and M-Chomp but if you wanna run less speed, just dump the rest in SpDef so you can take on stuff like Lele better. The gist of this set is you use Sub on forced switches to get free Toxics to punish some of Rachi's switch-ins like fat-waters-not-named-Toxapex, Landorus, TankChomp, and Volcarona. Toxic synergizes really well with Serene Grace because Jirachi, when safely behind a Sub, can start spamming Iron Head and abuse that 60% flinch chance as the Toxic timer ticks down. Subs also just nice in general to give you a way to block stuff like Rotom Wisps, Magearna Pain Splits, Chansey SToss and Steela Leech Seed. Plus, Sub + Iron Head gives you a cheesy way to get back a ton of HP from lefties. This set is obnoxious and I hate it.

Last edited:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.

(Swiss Army Knife) Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

This set is pretty much ripped straight from DPP, other than a few EV changes. This set looks to take advantage of Jirachi's fantastic mixed bulk and speed in order to become a late-game powerhouse/cleaner/win condition. Max special attack ensures that Jirachi will be doing some damage with its Electric/Steel coverage. 184 Speed Timid is for outspeeding and 2HKOing Jolly Lando with Flash Cannon while behind a sub. The rest are put into HP for more longevity. This set also enjoys Hazards A LOT, as they give it the chip it needs to clean up bulkier mons, such as SpD Heatran and AV Tangrowth. This set also keeps its ability to check M-Alakazam and Tapu Lele.

Last edited:
Reserving trick room

Jirachi @ Psychium Z / Steelium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Future Sight / Doom Desire
- Healing Wish
- coverage / U-turn / Doom Desire

Trick Room abusers such as crawdaunt, marowak, mawile, and magearna typically struggle to get rid the likes of toxapex and venusaur. Jirachi's setting future sight can force your opponent into a situation where they will have to sacrifice something. On an archetype like trick room, which is generally the loser when games become cyclic and drawn-out, any chance to open up the opposing team is greatly appreciated. The extra same-turn damage is also very useful for breaking through other generally fat mons. Doom Desire is an alternative that handles defensive fairies like bulu and clef better and notably OHKOes mimikyu after some other mon breaks its disguise. Healing wish is necessary for every trick room team imo, but could possibly be forgone for a team that already has a healing wish user. The last slot is really just to tailor to the team's needs, with necessary coverage, U-turn, doom desire, or even stealth rock. The z-move is an extra tool for catching lando, chomp, fighting megas, or toxapex off guard or chipping down problematic mons like fini or rotom who lack methods of instant recovery. The evs prevent offensive z-move landorus from OHKOing you after rocks.

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Jirachi @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch

All the other options were gone so I’m just gonna take the absolute worst one :). Band Rachi is like a worse Band Tini that can flinch opponents to death much faster than Scarf or Wish can. Sans speed control, it does alot of things Scarf does while having way more power. Trick is also nice vs. a particular stall mon who you can’t get through. Still, I would use Victini.

Last edited:

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor
Pex Gotta Go (Jirachi) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 240 SpA / 196 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Future Sight
- Hidden Power [Ground] / filler
- Healing Wish / filler

Remembered an old tour game where Jirachi baited Toxapex in and OHKOed with Z-Psychic, but that was back when Pex was physically defensive. SpDef Pex can potentially live a Z-Psychic from full, but Z-Future Sight always OHKOs. With the massive SpA investment you can afford to run HP Ground and 2HKO SpDef Heatran after rocks. Pair it with something that hates Pex like Zard-Y or Keldeo. With Keld in particular, regular Future Sight can be kinda cute if Pex or Fini is their only good Keld switch. Say like you Future Sight on the predicted Heatran switch and you go Keld afterwards. It can put the opponent in an annoying position as if they go Pex they'll take the Future Sight at the end of the turn. Enough speed for Jolly Mamo and Hoopa-U. Surprised no one mentioned Z-Dynamic Punch yet.

240+ SpA Jirachi Shattered Psyche (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 318-374 (104.6 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

240+ SpA Jirachi Shattered Psyche (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 339-399 (88.7 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

240+ SpA Jirachi Shattered Psyche (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 322-379 (76.6 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

240+ SpA Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Heatran: 184-220 (47.6 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Unfortunately, I'm busy with my exams and can't set the voting up today, so I'm planning to start it in like 15 hours. Please fill up your reservations if you haven't done it yet.

Jirachi @ Psychium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Future Sight
- Wish
- Protect

Double 2 Turn attacks force your opponent into a difficult spot, where they are taking 2-3 turns worth of damage between Doom Desire, Future Sight, and Psychium Z. Has Wish to heal yourself, Protect to scout, and Psychium is an option to nail poison types. The damage output is insane, as with average rolls, you're doing around 50% to Celesteela through your Z, Doom Desire, and Future Sight all hitting.
I don't think you can have both of them active at the same time. At least that's what it says on the move description in the smogon attack dex

No I saw somewhere else on here that it does work, but feel free to test and fact check me.
You can't have both Doom and Future Site active at the same time
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-918120864

Edit: Something that is very interesting is that the Jirachi I had sent out was holding a Life Orb.
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

When the Future Sight hit, it did damage with the Life Orb without taking any of the LO recoil. However I believe this will be flawed just like the idea of Spec Jirachi, as moves like Doom Desire only get the item multiplier while Jirachi is in, so if Jirachi switches, Choice Specs, LO or anything else wont be counted

Edit2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-918126313
252+ SpA Jirachi Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Edit: Something that is very interesting is that the Jirachi I had sent out was holding a Life Orb.
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

When the Future Sight hit, it did damage with the Life Orb without taking any of the LO recoil. However I believe this will be flawed just like the idea of Spec Jirachi, as moves like Doom Desire only get the item multiplier while Jirachi is in, so if Jirachi switches, Choice Specs, LO or anything else wont be counted

252+ SpA Jirachi Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Suicune: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Oh I I did not know that. My set runs both as well so I’ll update the post later today accordingly.

thanks, will edit post.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Ok guys, let's vote! The voting starts a bit later than I planned but nobody cares I guess. Anyway, there are 8 nominations so far:
Z-Happy Hour by snorlax142857

Secret Power by Counting Sheep

File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png Doom Desire + Future Sight by Sickist File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png
SubToxic by Chris Freakin Pratt

SubCM by Dumb Sir

File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png Trick Room by Prisoner952 File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png
File:Bag Choice Band Sprite.png Choice Band by Solaros & Lunaris File:Bag Choice Band Sprite.png
File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png Z-Future Sight by Wildcat Formation File:Bag Psychium Z Sprite.png

zioziotrip your nomination wasn't included because you didn't fill up your reservation.
The deadline is Friday 31th of May.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)