Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Yes, but you'll first need a Bank subscription and a Home subscription. Don't forget that being able to add to your 3DS eShop balance goes away permanently next month.

No. Any Pokemon transferred into BDSP for the first time will receive a level-up moveset in BDSP and will not have access to its original moveset.
What about when its transferred back to bank?

I meant home. BDSP back to home
The way it works is Home still tracks the "original" moveset in the background in addition to the "new" movesets it gets in BDSP & LA (which are tracked independently of each other)

If remains to be seen what will happen with SV

King Ezra The Wise

I COULD BE BANNED!
I’m going to transfer all of my Pokémon from Fire Red, Colosseum, Ruby, and XD all the way to Pokémon Home as well as Pearl, Platinum, soul silver, Black 1, White 1, Black 2 White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, Sun, Moon, And Ultra sun but that will take me a long time

And I have to wait until next March

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...ices-will-be-available-at-no-cost-to-players/

Only for those who already bought it before the shutdown. A new player who has never bought Bank will be locked out permanently.
No?
You will still be able to transfer the Pokémon you’ve deposited in Pokémon Bank to Pokémon HOME even after the paid service is discontinued, and you’ll still be able to bring Pokémon into Pokémon Bank from compatible titles. However, you’ll need to be enrolled in a paid Pokémon HOME Premium Plan to do so.
that is referring to Home's premium plan, not Bank's paid passes, in order to transfer from Bank to Home

Every other part of the article just speaks about how it will become Free to use otherwise. The caveat is you must download Bank (& Transporter) before the eshop shuts down new downloads

The caveat is you must download Bank (& Transporter) before the eshop shuts down new downloads
I was looking at this part:
In late March 2023, Pokémon Bank’s paid passes will no longer be offered for purchase, at which time Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will no longer be available to download.
I thought you needed to first purchase a Bank subscription in order to download Transporter, since Transporter doesn't show up in the eShop by itself and you can only access its download page from inside of Bank, which requires a paid sub to get into.

I was looking at this part:

I thought you needed to first purchase a Bank subscription in order to download Transporter, since Transporter doesn't show up in the eShop by itself and you can only access its download page from inside of Bank, which requires a paid sub to get into.
If you dont have a pass you can still access the main screen and download the transporter.
It yells at you when you boot up to have a pass, but if you decline it just sends to the normal page. Which is important since aside from Transporter that's where the Information and Support ID are

uhm... something odd happened to me in Pokemon SoulSilver. I was breeding Tangela and then a shiny one hatched. After I wanted to check it a second time for its stats and ability, it became a normal Tangela. Anyone with any idea what is going on?

I resetted my game to see if it will hatch shiny again.
Oh! This is a known bug that has to do with Eggs that come from link trades; whether or not a Pokémon is Shiny depends on comparing a certain part of its ID with the ID of its original Trainer.
In the case of an Egg, the hatching sequence mistakenly shows whether or not it's Shiny based on the save file that first received the Egg, even though the Pokémon's OT (and thus its Shiny status) depends on the save file that hatched it instead. Then, the game "realizes" that the OT is someone else, so it corrects that and changes its Shininess afterwards.

Are you still in contact with the person who gave you the Egg? Although this specific Tangela can never be Shiny when you hatch it on your current save, what this animation glitch tells you is that it will hatch Shiny 100% of the time for the player whose save first generated the Egg - if you explain the situation and trade it back to them as an Egg, they could hatch the Shiny for you and return it, since it would have their Trainer ID then!

On related notes:

- A similar glitch with link trades makes it theoretically possible to get a legal Shiny Manaphy from any Pokémon Ranger game! The Manaphy Egg is supposed to be Shiny-locked, but it's only Shiny-locked in relation to the ID of the player who receives it first; this then gets replaced with the ID of the player who hatches it, which effectively gives it a completely independent chance of being Shiny. For every Manaphy Egg out there, someone exists who could hatch it as a Shiny. O:

- If you've heard of people talking about "Shiny Values," which I remember being popularized in Gen VI or so, they were basically a commodified version of this exploit. PKHeX could be used to isolate the part of your Trainer ID that was relevant to generating a Shiny and also used to isolate the part of a Pokémon's ID that was relevant to being Shiny or not, so it was popular to represent both as a PKHeX-generated "Shiny Value" (a simpler number that was short and easy to remember); if an Egg's predetermined "Shiny Value" and its Trainer's "Shiny Value" were matched, it would hatch Shiny only for that Trainer, so people set up forums to share Shiny Values and look for the person who could hatch their Egg as a "legal" Shiny. (This still required the use of external save editors to exploit deliberately because there is very intentionally no way to see "Shiny Values" in-game, so your mileage may vary on its legitimacy as a method - it definitely wasn't for everyone.)
This is also the same kind of thing happening here, just not knowingly. The person who gave you this Egg had a "Shiny Value" that matched the Egg's, so it will always be Shiny for them (even now, if you trade it back!), but then you hatched it and your save file has a different "Shiny Value," so it replaced the Pokémon's OT with yours after hatching and now it's not Shiny any more.

I hope that makes sense!! I have never seen anyone run into this on their own, so I feel like it's pretty cool that you found it firsthand : D
I hope you're able to get your Shiny Tangela with the help of the other person who gave it to you! I would treasure this Tangela either way though ashdjfk

Last edited:
Oh! This is a known bug that has to do with Eggs that come from link trades; whether or not a Pokémon is Shiny depends on comparing a certain part of its ID with the ID of its original Trainer.
In the case of an Egg, the hatching sequence mistakenly shows whether or not it's Shiny based on the save file that first received the Egg, even though the Pokémon's OT (and thus its Shiny status) depends on the save file that hatched it instead. Then, the game "realizes" that the OT is someone else, so it corrects that and changes its Shininess afterwards.

Are you still in contact with the person who gave you the Egg? Although this specific Tangela can never be Shiny when you hatch it on your current save, what this animation glitch tells you is that it will hatch Shiny 100% of the time for the player whose save first generated the Egg - if you explain the situation and trade it back to them as an Egg, they could hatch the Shiny for you and return it, since it would have their Trainer ID then!
That shiny is from my HG game. I traded it over to speed up the hatching speed using multiple games. I traded it yesterday to Platinum to test it with the same results. So if I trade it back to my HGSS, I can hatch it as a REAL Shiny and trade it over normally?

That shiny is from my HG game. I traded it over to speed up the hatching speed using multiple games. I traded it yesterday to Platinum to test it with the same results. So if I trade it back to my HGSS, I can hatch it as a REAL Shiny and trade it over normally?
Yes, trading it back to the same HeartGold it came from and hatching it there should get you a real Shiny as far as I know! (I hope it does - let me know how it goes!!)

If you dont have a pass you can still access the main screen and download the transporter.
It yells at you when you boot up to have a pass, but if you decline it just sends to the normal page. Which is important since aside from Transporter that's where the Information and Support ID are
You do need to have a pass for the option to download Poke Transporter. I was able to redownload it from the eShop personally because of downloading it at the initial free trial period though. Also incidentally you also need a 3DS Pokemon game for Bank to read to get into the main menu at all, so take that in account for your preparations King Ezra The Wise.

The japanese website notice mentions this as well as some tweets I found complaining about it.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2022/02/220216_gm01.html
1659463388626.png

What’s the best way to trigger refights in Jagged Pass in Ruby (GBA)? I’ve been running around inside it for up to 30 minutes and still nothing. Exiting and entering the place hasn’t done anything either like it would for normal routes. Am I just getting extraordinarily unlucky or is there something I’m missing?

What’s the best way to trigger refights in Jagged Pass in Ruby (GBA)? I’ve been running around inside it for up to 30 minutes and still nothing. Exiting and entering the place hasn’t done anything either like it would for normal routes. Am I just getting extraordinarily unlucky or is there something I’m missing?
I actually figured out the solution myself; basically for any area with rematchable trainers that has a transition screen (which I believe prevents just going back and forth between areas from triggering refights), such as Jagged Pass or Petalburg Woods, you need to make 255 steps in an adjacent area (such as Mt. Chimney or Route 104 respectively), then enter the area. Granted it’s RNG but it’s worked way more than the previous methods I’d used.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
To answer your question, it gets Baton Pass as a legacy move in Gen 3 through Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, when you purify Shadow Zapdos in this game. From there you can trade Baton Pass Zapdos to a Gen 3 GBA Pokémon game.

Hopefully this helps, but just for future reference, I'm not sure threads like this are allowed. I do apologize for being the one to say that, but rules exist for their own reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)