Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Yes, that is meant to go in SQSA topic.

That said, consider that Smogon considers valid transfer moves. In many cases, you may find moves being legal due to being transfers from old generations (es, pretty much all of the Teleport running pokemon viable in competitive are gen 1 VC transfers)

To answer your question, it gets Baton Pass as a legacy move in Gen 3 through Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, when you purify Shadow Zapdos in this game. From there you can trade Baton Pass Zapdos to a Gen 3 GBA Pokémon game.
Oh I never played pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, I dind't know they had special moves to learn through this game, cool.
Unfortunelly is almost impossible to get this Baton Passer Zapdos in my Cellphone emulator, I guess. Since it doesn't connect with a Game Cube.
Just if a can find a cell phone emulator of Game Cube somewhere...

Hopefully this helps, but just for future reference, I'm not sure threads like this are allowed. I do apologize for being the one to say that, but rules exist for their own reasons.
Why this thread shouldn't be allowed? I ask for the moderator Vapicuno where to post a question about ADV games and he give me this thread link.
I wrote the titel of this thread in a way other users can ask about other moves.

So am I to understand that unless I get a copy of L:A, I'm doomed to have this be the dex entry for all the Hisui species forever?
Yeah, because LA's shtick is that you have to complete tasks before getting their Entry (you're researching them!) the entries don't get filled in Home until filled in LA

iirc I believe this applies to all of the pokemon in LA, you're just only going to notice it with the 7 new Pokemon since obviously those are the only entries available
e: And the new Hisui forms, I assume

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Yeah, because LA's shtick is that you have to complete tasks before getting their Entry (you're researching them!) the entries don't get filled in Home until filled in LA

iirc I believe this applies to all of the pokemon in LA, you're just only going to notice it with the 7 new Pokemon since obviously those are the only entries available
e: And the new Hisui forms, I assume
You're right, this also applies to the Hisuian Arcanine I got traded the other day. That's annoying, then.

I wouldnt however exclude that that may change with SV.

We know at least some of the Hisuians are in SV (since Zoroark was shown in the trailer).
It is possible that if they do have a Pokedex entry in SV, that one will be able to replace the one in Home.

Though, it's only a speculation.

I wouldnt however exclude that that may change with SV.

We know at least some of the Hisuians are in SV (since Zoroark was shown in the trailer).
It is possible that if they do have a Pokedex entry in SV, that one will be able to replace the one in Home.

Though, it's only a speculation.
For clarification, the way dex entries work in Home is that you get access to all their entries, even if you didn't have them. So I never had Let's Go and never brought a Bulbasaur from Let's Go, but I can view the entries for XYORASLGSWSH

So when SV comes out and, presuming they continue to get unique entries like Gen 7 & 8, Hisui Zoroark can display the SV entry but you can still view the LA entry (or lackthereof, as the case is)

Can I do a simples question about the regular games here?
How do I change Deoxys form in each generation?
In gen 3, it's fixed based on what version you are using (normal in RS, colosseum, and XD; attack in Firered; Defense in Leafgreen; speed in Emerald). Later generations have a meteorite somewhere on the map you can interact with. The locations are
DPPtBDSP->Veilstone City
HGSS->Route 3
BWB2W2->Nacrene City
XY->Ambrette Town
ORAS-> Fallarbor Town
SMUSUM->Hokulani Observatory

(Deoxys is not in SwSh or Legends)

I asked this in the Gen 3 Facility thread but didn’t really get an answer: so for Ruby I’m training a Metagross for the Lv. 50 Battle Tower. What opponents am I going to want it to outspeed, and how much Speed am I going to want for that?

I asked this in the Gen 3 Facility thread but didn’t really get an answer: so for Ruby I’m training a Metagross for the Lv. 50 Battle Tower. What opponents am I going to want it to outspeed, and how much Speed am I going to want for that?
The maximum speed to Metagross is 134 at lv50... Still too slow, without Agility due your lv cap, I don't know what you can do.
But Metagross is bulk and can receive some damage, I'm sure you can defeat the Battle Tower with him.
Don't forget to spawn Meteor Mash.

Last edited:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...r-discussion-and-records.3648697/post-8081012

This post lists the speed tiers

Lv 50 +Spe Metagross hits 134 Speed, just look at which pokemon you want to outspeed.

I'm not well versed in gen 3 battle facilities. But according to my observation, Adamant Metagross with 84 Spe EV, and an Agility will outspeed the entire Battle Tower.

a lot of moves that operate on HP stuff work differently on Dynamaxed pokemon, usually only factoring in the non-dynamax HP
If you're wondering why, the very likely TLDR is that GameFreaks didn't really want the shiny new fancy mechanic to be cheesed up and frustrating up the user.

Incidentally a lot of moves that interact with either items, weight, size, forced swap or raw HP stats either straight up don't work or work inconsistently on Dynamaxed pokemon.

Funnily, they forgot Eject Button, which led to the gimmicky-but-hilarious Switcheroo Whimsicott shenenigans in VGC to counter Dynamax sweepers.

Shedinja if you don't mind me asking is today your first time ever interacting with Dynamax because you should probably look up what its stuff does

Dynamax hard counters your entire strategy because Max moves will always hit and I think Dynamaxed pokemon are immune to OHKO moves. And that's before looking into more basic things like Max Airstream raising speed.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I've been using the GTS in Gen IV recently and received a Stunky with an unusual nickname and OT - in Platinum, both names display as ?? but when traded to Pearl both are completely blank, which I didn't think was possible.

Would I be correct in assuming that this Pokemon is Korean? I remember reading that Korean characters display as blank spaces in other language games in Gen IV.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I would not advise using the Smogon strategy dex for in-game movesets. It's a very different environment.
I'm assuming he's asking for movesets for the post game Battle Subway. Cause there's no point in asking for best moveset for main game, strongest STAB(s) (or strongest most accurate STAB(s) if you prefer) + some coverage moves from TMs is all you need there (maybe a status move if you feel it would be most helpful).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)