New OU List

I think that a flippant comment shouldn't be construed as representative of what I really think ...

Clearly a portion of the BL pokemon will, in the majority of instances, overwhelm a great deal of what is currently UU ... which is too be expected when at least half of what is currently classed as UU struggles to compete in that environment.

However there are also those pokemon in BL that won't be so dominating.

that isnt what he meant at all but ok

if you really think that pz and medicham won't largely piss on most UU pokemon you're kidding yourself in the interests of that "UU's are pokemon too!" movement
Thats what i meant, thanks. I didn't really mean to diss on UU pokemon like that, its just that these pokemon are BL for a reason, things like Medicham, P-Z, Alakazam, Staraptor, and Mismagius would rip it apart.

People, some BL stuff like Alakazam, Porygon-Z, Staraptor or Raikou will be after a week BL again. The problem is with stuff like Hariyama, Houndoom, Miltank, Tauros, etc., which can be in UU all together.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hariyama won't be UU. It has better physical defenses than Vaporeon, two great abilities, and is the best Tyranitar counter in the game hands down. He also shuts down Weavile and Houndoom no trouble, and can even take a Garchomp's SD Outrage. He gets all the elemental punches and Whirlwind, Knock Off, Force Palm... he's really an extremely potent Pokémon that everyone completely underestimates.

Things that wolud rip UU apart if BL were "purged" (I hope we get to vote on this 0_o): Empoleon, Medicham, Porygon-Z, Hariyama, Houndoom, Staraptor, Raikou, Porygon2 to an extent, Mismagius, Ambipom, Sceptile...

Hariyama won't be UU. It has better physical defenses than Vaporeon, two great abilities, and is the best Tyranitar counter in the game hands down. He also shuts down Weavile and Houndoom no trouble, and can even take a Garchomp's SD Outrage. He gets all the elemental punches and Whirlwind, Knock Off, Force Palm... he's really an extremely potent Pokémon that everyone completely underestimates.

Things that wolud rip UU apart if BL were "purged" (I hope we get to vote on this 0_o): Empoleon, Medicham, Porygon-Z, Hariyama, Houndoom, Staraptor, Raikou, Porygon2 to an extent, Mismagius, Ambipom, Sceptile...
How do you know they'd "rip apart" UU, when they'd then have eachother to deal with as well? Sure, they would reshape the tier entirely, but that doesn't mean they'd necessarily cause imbalance. I'm probably going too far off-topic by now but I just don't see the obvious problem with bringing borderline pokemon down to UU since almost by definition they'd be dealing with pokemon of their relative strength (other former BLs).

If borderline pokes counter themselves (and probably wont because its an unbalanced tier) and they were all brought to UU, then there'd only be about 25 pokemon worth using, it'll be OU lite.

It's not OU-lite until we get Garchomp and Blissey clones. It sure won't be the UU it was, but things like Hariyama and Alakazam won't make it OU-lite.

If borderline pokes counter themselves (and probably wont because its an unbalanced tier) and they were all brought to UU, then there'd only be about 25 pokemon worth using, it'll be OU lite.
I don't see how you can automatically assume that the number of viable pokemon would be so small without some serious theorymoning, or of course testing. I'm not saying that it would be balanced right off the bat or anything, it just seems like people are looking at how badly things like Medicham/Porygon-Z would pummel the current UU tier, and ignoring the fact that there are things like Mesprit, Slowbro and Mismagius who are all sitting in BL right now too. Actually Porygon-Z still scares the shit of me even after saying that, I just want to know where you got that number. >_>

Yes, i did just take a random number, i just dont think a part of it is a good idea....And yes Dark Pulse can rip through those 3 pokes if u thought they were counters... and if you meant as in there threatening, yes they are....If you bring the unbalanced BL tier to a somewhat unbalanced UU, it'll just be chaotic.

No it won't. As long as Chansey and Haunter are banned, UU will not be 'OU-lite'. And if all the BLs were brought to UU, and there were only about 25 Pokemon worth using, they'd be sent back to BL, as an attempt to increase the number of usable Pokemon, until it gets to about 40-50.

Okay, I called it almost on the button, with the exception of...well, about fifteen more Pokemon that probably shouldn't be OU...>_> Also, didn't really expect Ninjask.

When you're seeing way more UUs/BLs than certain OU pokemon, you have to wonder. When you do a proper analysis and show how much they suck, then you know. Better luck next time guys, but OU's gonna keep getting smaller, I think.

Glad to see Abomasnow got moved. Honestly, I never saw Hail as being such a huge asset in OU, especially when the only Pokemon it really benefits are Mamoswine, and to a lesser extent, Weavile.

Weird to see Porygon-Z down and Roserade up, though. Maybe it's just me, but those two perform somewhat similarly, at least in their main uses.

Donphan being moved down is weird too, as I think he's the best Spinner in the game (probably even better than Forretress).

I still don't think Tenacruel is properly placed in OU, however. His typing is a curse.

Glad to see Abomasnow got moved. Honestly, I never saw Hail as being such a huge asset in OU, especially when the only Pokemon it really benefits are Mamoswine, and to a lesser extent, Weavile.

Weird to see Porygon-Z down and Roserade up, though. Maybe it's just me, but those two perform somewhat similarly, at least in their main uses.

Donphan being moved down is weird too, as I think he's the best Spinner in the game (probably even better than Forretress).

I still don't think Tenacruel is properly placed in OU, however. His typing is a curse.
Toxic spikes are used alot now and forretress is immune to it so that gives it the advantage over donphan. Spinners arent really used as much any more since the game is more offensive then it use to be, so that explains why it moved down.

Really? I never run into Toxic Spikes. Ever. :/

But if you say so, I'll take your word for it. :]

But given that argument, I can see why Donphan was moved down, though.

Really? I never run into Toxic Spikes. Ever. :/

But if you say so, I'll take your word for it. :]

But given that argument, I can see why Donphan was moved down, though.
lol maybe im the only one using tspikes, but i just read from other people that it was increasing, which is why roserade use is up since it lays tspikes

yay!!!
3 of my teams still have roserade on the lead.
btw, the other 7 either have bronzong, weavile or gengar lol

it's ability to trap anything and EVERYTHING with shadow tag
and the fact that it has mirror coat/counter/destiny bond to trap-kill anything
give him a recovery move, and he'll be unbeatable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)