New OU List

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the new OU list.

Code:
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Deoxys-S
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Dusknoir
Electivire
Forretress
Gallade
Garchomp
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Milotic
Roserade
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Snorlax
Spiritomb
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Yanmega
Zapdos
This is by far the shortest OU list we've ever had, as it contains only 45 Pokemon. Still, it contains some new faces:

Say hello to Roserade, and a welcome back to Spiritomb.

Say goodbye to Abomasnow, Donphan, Kingdra, Ninjask and Porygon-Z. Also, say goodbye to Wobbuffet, as it has been given a promotion to ubers!

Enjoy.

Great to see Wobbufet is back in Ubers where it belongs and I guess Hail teams have lost popularity.

Quite a bit surprised by PoryZ, and Donphan to a lesser extent.. I think in my last 10 wifi battles I ran into Pory Z atleast 5 times..

bye bye Wobbu.

Nooo abomasnow and porygon-z ;_;

But roserade and spiritomb is a plus ^^b kind of a concidence that I've bred those 2 pokemon this past month.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know we aren't suppose to talk about Shoddy, but with Wobb now classified as "Uber" does that mean he is no longer usable on the ladder?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
5 out of 6 of our in-game champion's pokemon are now OU. :P congrats roserade and spiritomb.

If wobb really is going to uber though it will be really interesting to see how much this changes next month. Maybe the number of OU pokemon will increase again? It would be interesting if it continued to decrease as well.

Finally ninjask gets what he deserves. He should not be used unless you're doing a bp chain or just passing to someone with suction cups.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
5 out of 6 of our in-game champion's pokemon are now OU. :P congrats roserade and spiritomb.

If wobb really is going to uber though it will be really interesting to see how much this changes next month. Maybe the number of OU pokemon will increase again? It would be interesting if it continued to decrease as well.
Nothing will change. Wobbuffet is impossible to prepare for, so it doesn't have much of an impact on individual statistics. It's what happens when he is sent out that matters.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Happy Wobbs is finally uber, hopefully Deoxys will be next. Anyway. Glad to see Roserade and Spiritomb back in OU. Not a huge surprise. I'm willing to bet Roserade is almost always used as a lead w/ Focus Sash and Toxic Spikes. Spiritomb is probably a response to Deoxys increased usage. Plus, if Dusknoir is OU certainly Spiritomb should be since I believe he outclasses him entirely, maybe people are starting to realize this.

Any surprises? I'm a little surprised by Ninjask actually, not that he is a good Pokemon but I always figured there would be those people who just couldn't resist the SD+Speed Boost pass. It's where it belongs really. Abomasnow usage has been down. I'm not sure why but Hail teams generally (note the use of the term generally for those who might be offended) Hail teams don't work that well in this metagame with Stealth Rock (despite all Hail teams carrying a Rapid Spinner) and hyper-offense (particularly Heatran). In the case of Kingdra, with auto-weather inducers it can be hard to find time to set up a Rain Dance. That's probably why Kingdra has declined. Donphan is absolutely no surprise. I see very few rapid spinners anymore let alone Donphan. He's just not good enough any more. I'm a little surprised about P-Z dropping down. Maybe it's this metagame's centralization towards physical attackers? I also think that primarily special attackers are now using a lot of mixed sets just to beat Blissey (e.g. Azelf and Gengar with Explosion) and Porygon-Z, while he can, doesn't run a mixed set as effectively as some. Actually, if Blissey's usage continues to decline Porygon-Z might see rise later on.

I'm only moderately surprised by Donphan and Porygon-Z. I'd hate to say it, but why is Milotic still in OU when Porygon-Z and Donphan have more usage then it?

And people say Nintendo doesn't know how to build in-game teams. Time for Gastrodon usage to skyrocket and knock that stupid mudfish off his undeserved perch. It's slug time!

Also, post #300 :)

Thank god!
Roserade deserves to be up there, but I'm not sure about spiritomb.
It's just a matter of time until sableye evolves and pimpslaps that stupid ghost.

About time Donphan went; I'd imagine there's a link there between that and the rise of Toxic Spiking Roserade. All the others should have gone ages ago as well; bar maybe Kingdra.

Surprised to see Spiritomb on the rise though.

Because a smaller number of pokemon are being used more and the list is based off of percentage.

/obvious
My bad, I thought it was more so based on what was used the most and forgot that it had to be used to a certain percentage to make it OU.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I knew Pokémon like Suicune, Snorlax, Zapdos & Celebi would eventually see more usage over time. They were all so good in ADV, and saw little to no usage in early D/P.

I'd like to see how Dragonite ends up. I really think people underestimate it, and pretty soon it will fall to BL. Anyways, I'm extremely happy that Wobbuffet moved to Ubers. :) But shouldn't there be a Pokémon taking Wobb's spot as 46? I know that the initial count was done including Wobbuffet in terms of testing the percentage of Pokémon who should be OU, so I think Wobbuffet needs to be removed and the percentages need to be recalculated. I'm not sure if I'm making sense, so basically there needs to be one or two more OU Pokémon.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yay, Roserade.

Not surprised with Donphan and PorygonZ at all, as for WiFi. PorygonZ was like 'god' on WiFi (Shoddy too I guess) since it could like OHKO Blissey with Adaptability +2 special attack Hyper Beam, and all the noobs started chasing after it.

Ninjask was never really OU imo, like PorygonZ, I'm pretty sure all the new people used it simply because the strategy was so easy to handle. Kingdra and Abomasnow have their weaknesses being they need a weather to be able to contribute to their fullest potential, or a nasty 25% hp decrease every switch in just to bring the hail back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)