New OU List

Actually Umbarsc is correct. He's saying Correlation does not equal causation. It's still possible that Garchomp is overcentralizing, it's just that your logic being used to declare it overcentralizing is wrong. Just because Garchomp's usage is huge does not mean it is the only reason.

Good list X-Act, I'm actually not surprised by anything.
Actually umbarsc is wrong. If the top 75% of pokemon usage makes up OU, and Garchomp takes up 4% of that, there is less for everybody else. Garchomp takes up space, which leaves less space for everybody else. Causation, not correlation

Alice

The worst taste in music
Remove Stealth Rocks and Mence and Gyarados become more powerful, and last time I checked both were already serious threats.
Do not forget yanmega. The only thing that can safely switch onto it is blissey, and SR is arguably the main yanmega counter out there..., and is not that easy to revenge kill it thanks to hypnosis and speed boost (even deoxys-e can't revenge kill it when it's got more than 1 speed boost, and with protect/hypnosis it's not a difficult task to do...)

Seriously if the community is so outraged then why is it still OU? And if people use it why are they complaining about it? :/

Garchomp is being used about the same Blissey was in earlier DP, and OU was larger than it is now. Garchomp's usage alone didn't bump those Pokemon to BL.
Going by our earliest ladder figures:

Blissey in October 2007 (Unweighted): 30691
Garchomp in June 2008 (Unweighted): 50681

Difference: 19990

Garchomp in his prime (ie. now) is receiving just under twenty thousand more uses than Blissey was in her prime. So there's no logical way you can make this argument lol

The fact is, if Chomp is being used 4% of the time, then the rest of OU is what's being used 71% of the time. Which pretty much means less stuff can fit in OU by definition. I honestly don't understand how you can debate this, it's pretty simple.

Do not forget yanmega. The only thing that can safely switch onto it is blissey, and SR is arguably the main yanmega counter out there..., and is not that easy to revenge kill it thanks to hypnosis and speed boost (even deoxys-e can't revenge kill it when it's got more than 1 speed boost, and with protect/hypnosis it's not a difficult task to do...)
I think you're perhaps over selling Yanmega a little ... it can
be easily stopped with neither Blissey or Stealth Rock.

People just need to be a little more willing to experiement.

So, let me see now.

Abomasnow being BL is understandable, like. Having that many weaknesses just doesn't do the iceman justice what with the permanence of sand.

Donphan surprises me a little, but I guess that he's outclassed by Forretress as a wall and spinner.

Ninjask being made BL is the first big mistake. Hypothetical situation: Ninjask simply dances before passing the boosts to something like Blaziken, who then uses that speed to 6-0 the opposition with the massive movepool.

Porygon-Z is another shock that just won't be. True, he's slower than Alakazam, but hell, he gets NP, and he only needs one boost in Speed to utterly dominate the BL tier. Yes, Azelf outclasses, but PZ can simply use TR to scare away something then utterly destroy the faster switch-in with his crappy speed.

Now we just need to promote That Fucking Dragon to Ubers.

Just to clarify something Raverist ... there is no official BL metagame, so Ninjask and P-Z becoming BL won't really have that sort of impact.

Raverist, BL isn't a tier by itself, so you can't find it balanced at all. BL are OU stuff but less used than OU. You won't find a balance tier in BL because it's a "border line" between UU and OU. UU and OU are balanced tiers, but BL isn't.

roserade was expected for me, the lil' flower is just amazing, with toxic spikes absorb i don't even have to rapidspin and get poisoned

NOOOOOOOOO porygon-z! my first ev-trained pokemon has gone into BL! that's kinda sad, since scarf-z + some tankish dude = pure revenge-killing ownage

regarding spiritomb, i've always been sitting on the fence with this guy

as for all the rest, kinda expected it. ninjask is just stupid, donphan cant do anything besides spinning (which starmie does better imo), abomasnow cant beat fire or tyranitar, and kingdra really cries out for permarain.

Hmm, yeah, I know BL isn't an official tier, but if memory serves me well, the better UUs and BLs generally go hand-in-hand with each other, and PZ will rape, pillage and annihilate many of those UUs in the pseudo-tier.

Raverist what are you talking about. Just because Porygon Z is in BL it does not mean he will be fighting UUs. BL is a tier that bans Pokemon from UU, but are not used enough to be OU.

Obi's plan to sort out the UU tier is to throw all the BL into it, and ban all of the ones that are too strong... so yes, for a time, Porygon-Z will be "UU"

I know... like I said in the other thread, when you have stuff like Medicham and Milotic, why use Hitmonchan and Blastoise... it's gonna suck.

Atleast theres one thing good for us. People will realise the true power of Alakazam :)

Milotic is OU right? Unless this is going to happen later if it drops out...

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Milotic is OU right? Unless this is going to happen later if it drops out...
Yes, Milotic is still OverUsed. This is because the OU list was generated data from the last three months, not just June alone, as already mentioned by X-Act.

The massacre of UU pokemon will be horrid to watch >_>
Yes because there is nothing in UU that could possibly stop anything outside of its own tier ...
I mean a team of UU pokemon couldn't possibly beat a team of OU pokemon ... right?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
that isnt what he meant at all but ok

if you really think that pz and medicham won't largely piss on most UU pokemon you're kidding yourself in the interests of that "UU's are pokemon too!" movement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)