Resource Hidden Gems in LC

Hello. A lot of ghost mons are, despite of misdrea's ban, always overshadowed by others mons such as Pumpkaboo, Gastly, Drifloon and Honedge, and I juste want to test him ! Now I want present you Shuppet, the cutest LC mon ever made (with spinarak and others things c: ).

One of my favorite mons. This is such an underrated mon. Shuppet has good offensive stats, and a really, really intesting movepools. It's a really interesting mixed sweeper. The Scarf set is classical.

Shuppet @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Insomnia
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Knock Off
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick / Destiny Bond / Thunderbolt

Knock Off is just one of the reasons who make him not totally outclassed by gastly. Also he has twave, and a lot of great fillers;
He can be really a pain if you adv underrate him. He is a good revenge killer and a decent finisher. However, Pawn is a real threat for him. Diglett/Bulky Fighting can be some very useful teammates for him.

More gimmick now, the Life Orber under sweb :

Shuppet @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak
- Dazzling Gleam / Psychic
- Thunder

252+ SpA Life Orb Shuppet Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Shuppet Thunder vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Staryu: 21-26 (100 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb Shuppet Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gastly: 23-29 (121 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Shuppet Thunder vs. 196 HP / 196+ SpD Tentacool: 18-23 (78.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Shuppet is really interesting under sweb, because of a lot of things. First, it's a ghost, so rapid spin is impossible. Second, this pokémon is very slow but he has an interesting coverage, he is quite powerful and he has priorities. And finally, he can beat mons who are usually problematics for swebs like Staryu, Scarf Gastly (and even LO Gastly without sub), Defensive Vullaby (Only with SR) ans some others shitty things that make the sweep harder.
Shadow Ball is the main STAB, Sucker punch it's a priority who allows him to deal with Gastly and even Pumpkaboo/Honedge if they are hurt.
Shadow Sneak allows to pass Subs, but you need SR too for the kill. Sucker punch doesn't need SR, but can't pass Subs Gastly. Dazzling Gleam / Psychic are useful for the coverage (Dazzling Gleam is better but if you have troubles with Croagunk and Foongus, Psychic is also decent).
Thunder is really powerful and can OHKO bulky staryu without SR. Max Spdef Tentacool has also a lot of problems, and has 75% to be OHKOed after SRs.
Really interesting set.

Then, the Calm Mind under sweb :

Shuppet @ Berry Juice
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt / Substitute

The more gimmick, but he stays interesting. Place some Calm Mind is hard, but some mons are free set-up for him, especially Foongus, but Spritzee without CM too, Trubbish ... This is probably not that difficult. Shadow Ball + Dazzling Gleam for coverage. Thunderbolt is a filler, but you can put Sub instead of in order to bypass Pawn's SP and 2HKO the bulky set after 2 CM. HP Fighting is probably playable but you lose one point in spe atk, who can be risky, and it should be played with sub, so it's really weird for me.

And finally, the Trick Room Lead.

Shuppet @ Focus Sash
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 244 HP / 236 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Destiny Bond

Cool suicide lead. Put the Trick Room, and then DBond or make another support move.
Simple and cool.

Anothers miscelleanous :

-I don't think the physical set is very good because badly is main physical STAB is Shadow Sneak who is really weak. His movepool physcial contains Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Gunk Shot, Return, and even Phantom Force who is a bad STAB. His physical movepool isn't very rich, so the Mixed set is always better.

-Cursed Body is also playable in order to block choice locks.

-He can be also played with Hex and Tspikes, but Frillish/Gastly are better most of the time.

-He can make a decent SubDisable under sweb, but Gastly is better.

-He can be played with HP Fight obv, but HP Fire (Ferro) and Ground (Magnemite) are also cools. He has Icy Wind too.

-Pain Split seems funny, but he is really too frail.

I will test some sets in ladder, and maybe in FCL (French Championship League) and I will tell u if it works c: !
Gastly gets knock off js. Otherwise nice

ok so this thread is inactive af so here are some gems

sparkles! :D

ok no but srsly here are two underrated mons that are fun:

MORE USAGE PLS (Meowth) @ Life Orb / Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Happiness: 0
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration / Covet
- U-Turn / Bite / Aerial Ace

basically meowth hits pretty hard with fake out and feint because stab + technician + life orb, fake out is obviously really nice for flinches, feint can be used to break sashes and ko damaged mons, frustration is obviously just obligatory stab which is stronger than a technician 60 bp stab move anyway, covet can be used if you want to use meowth as a knock off switchin i guess. uturn lets you grab momentum which is nice, bite can be used to hit ghosts for supereffective damage with a really fun flinch chance n_n, and aerial ace can be used to hit fighting types which is really nice. tl;dr: meowth is fun af use it more you hoes

HARTBURD (Woobat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 92 Def / 236 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave

ok, woobat is actually a really fun mon to use. simple cm is just an awesome niche, especially since you have stab stored power as well. basically you can either use this set to wallbreak early game or sweep mid to late game, you just set up a calm mind and start killing things. stored power is awesome here because after one cm its a 100 bp stab move x2 because of the special attack boosts from cm, its kills a lot of stuff needless to say. heat wave is probably the best coverage you can have on this mon, it hits steels and the best dark type in the tier for super effective damage, i guess if you dont want to be walled by houndour you can use hp fighting ?_? too bad woobat doesnt have one more point in speed, then it wouldnt have to speedtie with the 17 speed crowd. oh well, tl;dr: woobat is an awesome special wallbreaker/sweeper. use it pls.

Last edited:

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration / Covet

basically meowth hits pretty hard with fake out and feint because stab + technician + life orb, fake out is obviously really nice for flinches, feint can be used to break sashes and ko damaged mons, frustration is obviously just obligatory stab which is stronger than a technician 60 bp stab move anyway, covet can be used if you want to use meowth as a knock off switchin i guess. uturn lets you grab momentum which is nice, bite can be used to hit ghosts for supereffective damage with a really fun flinch chance n_n, and aerial ace can be used to hit fighting types which is really nice. tl;dr: meowth is fun af use it more you hoes

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave

ok, woobat is actually a really fun mon to use. simple cm is just an awesome niche, especially since you have stab stored power as well. basically you can either use this set to wallbreak early game or sweep mid to late game, you just set up a calm mind and start killing things. stored power is awesome here because after one cm its a 100 bp stab move x2 because of the special attack boosts from cm, its kills a lot of stuff needless to say. heat wave is probably the best coverage you can have on this mon, it hits steels and the best dark type in the tier for super effective damage, i guess if you dont want to be walled by houndour you can use hp fighting ?_? too bad woobat doesnt have one more point in speed, then it wouldnt have to speedtie with the 17 speed crowd. oh well, tl;dr: woobat is an awesome special wallbreaker/sweeper. use it pls.
Holy crap Woobat sounds like a monster after a plus 2 SpA and SpDf, and it is a good wall with recovery in roost, I need to try this sometime. Plus it gets amnesia to get +4 SpDf in 1 turn, if you want to be a bitch great wall.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration / Covet

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Heat Wave

>frustration over knock off / bite

i guess

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Im just being nitpicky... Most physical meowth sets are like: fake out / covet / dark attack / uturn

i guess frustration is good since high bp but covet is boosted by tech but iirc frustration is 102 when covet is like 90? my math is prolly off.

3 normal attacks is walled to hell by ghost / steel and even tho you might not stay in, meowth isnt really helpin the team out by not breakin thru em with ko, or flinchhaxing them with bite.

That woobat set isn't even the best one:

Woobat @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 Def / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Imprisonbat is a cool set that's capable of hard walling huge threats like Mienfoo and Fletching. Basically, you come in on drain punch or something, click Imprison, and kill the opp's momentum. Unaware's just icing on the cake. Unfortunately 17 speed holds it back but it doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Imprisonbat is questionable versus Mienfoo because you have to rely on a speedtie to beat it. But yeah, what a fucking real set 10/10.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
More gimmicks

Brittney Brittany (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sucker Punch

Hex and Venoshock are two cool moves that double in base power when the opposing pokemon is afflicted with status (strictly poison for the latter). Using these two moves in conjunction with hazards and status spam, i can wallbreak through teams with ease. HP Fight and Sucker Punch let me hit neutral coverage and help produce annoying 50/50s with Pawn.

Razy Hazy (Gastly) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Substitute
- Disable

This set utilizes Substitute in conjunction with Disable to avoid particularly annoying moves such as Knock Off, while maintaining offensive pressure with Hex and Venoshock.

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Blaze Kick
- Copycat
- Protect

I've seen several references to SD Riolu with HJK, but i don't see serious references about bulky Riolu that is literally an hidden gem in LC with high utility and an unique capacity of speed shuffling with drain punch, potentially beating almost all non psychic/fairy or poison types on a 1v1 with his ability to speed shuffle and get 2 drain punches in a row which brings him back to full health most of the times. with 21 HP, 14 Def+Eviolite, it has a very decent bulk capable of surviving a fletch acrobatics at full health and also capable of surviving most shell smashers or physical sweepers and kill/revenge kill them with priority. It's a worthy lead that can copycat hazards, it's a worthy revenge killer, and after it's checks are weakened/dead, he's got his way open to simply sweep through with his sheer capacity of draining the enemies and getting out pratically intact. 16 attack is just enough to get the edge over some bulky opponents like bulky mienfoo and successfully win on a draining punch fight, specially after being worn out of his eviolite.
13 speed is necessary to outspeed most fletchs, as well as making riolu slow enough to shuffle with priority and copycat on the second turn against many opponents, and protect is a very good complement to copycat and riolu in general, by also being able to define priority and potentially copycat useful opponent moves the following turn (sticky webs, stealth rocks, trick room, and others), as well as granting riolu a turn to check the opponent moves that might be needed in order to bring the correct counter to it.
Blaze Kick is the coverage that i reached the conclusion to be the best neutral move against many of it's checks/counters as it allows to 2hko some of the things, as well as making decent damage and utility when you need to break a sturdy, and that has even the possibility of enjoying opponents sun buff and have technically a pseudo-stab move in those conditions. Also, if you use riolu to keep pawniard or fighting/normal types away, it's very possible you might be able to copycat opponents Knock off and successfully weaken some checks/counters to riolu.

Riolu @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Blaze Kick
- Copycat
- Protect

I've seen several references to SD Riolu with HJK, but i don't see serious references about bulky Riolu that is literally an hidden gem in LC with high utility and an unique capacity of speed shuffling with drain punch, potentially beating almost all non psychic/fairy or poison types on a 1v1 with his ability to speed shuffle and get 2 drain punches in a row which brings him back to full health most of the times. with 21 HP, 14 Def+Eviolite, it has a very decent bulk capable of surviving a fletch acrobatics at full health and also capable of surviving most shell smashers or physical sweepers and kill/revenge kill them with priority. It's a worthy lead that can copycat hazards, it's a worthy revenge killer, and after it's checks are weakened/dead, he's got his way open to simply sweep through with his sheer capacity of draining the enemies and getting out pratically intact. 16 attack is just enough to get the edge over some bulky opponents like bulky mienfoo and successfully win on a draining punch fight, specially after being worn out of his eviolite.
13 speed is necessary to outspeed most fletchs, as well as making riolu slow enough to shuffle with priority and copycat on the second turn against many opponents, and protect is a very good complement to copycat and riolu in general, by also being able to define priority and potentially copycat useful opponent moves the following turn (sticky webs, stealth rocks, trick room, and others), as well as granting riolu a turn to check the opponent moves that might be needed in order to bring the correct counter to it.
Blaze Kick is the coverage that i reached the conclusion to be the best neutral move against many of it's checks/counters as it allows to 2hko some of the things, as well as making decent damage and utility when you need to break a sturdy, and that has even the possibility of enjoying opponents sun buff and have technically a pseudo-stab move in those conditions. Also, if you use riolu to keep pawniard or fighting/normal types away, it's very possible you might be able to copycat opponents Knock off and successfully weaken some checks/counters to riolu.
Hey, I think that's a cool set, and I too have been using a bulky Riolu to some moderate success; however my set is a Bulky SD Set (as seen below)

Riolu @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect / Crunch
- Swords Dance

I've gone for HJK because a priority, STAB, 130 bp move is just amazing and with an SD up, Riolu is just donking anything that's not a ghost or a fairy (or Larvesta) for some massive damage. And because I created this set for an LC UU team of mine, Crunch is slashed with Protect, because fairies are basically non-existent down there, however I do prefer Protect because the ability to scout choice-locked mons is fantastic and protecting on a ghost as they go for a ghost-type move and then bopping them for some good damage next turn is hilarious. Now, this set is by no means perfect, as it struggles with some commonly run mons such as fairies and ghosts, and therefore, this Riolu needs a bit of team support. Pawn makes an excellent partner for this set, I particularly enjoy the LO set with pursuit as he can get by both of the main stops to this Riolu set by Iron Heading the fairies and Pursuit trapping, or Sucker Punching the ghosts. Croagunk is also a pretty solid teammate for similar reasons, as he generally beats the fairies and Gastly unless Gastly is running Psychic, which is highly uncommon. But yeah, with proper support (and even w/out it) this Riolu is super fun to use, and used properly, can be a real force to be reckoned with.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Hey look more ghosts to spam

also status + hex is baller af on balance and stall

anywho enjoy

Burning Desire (Litwick) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Litwick has some interesting resists and bulk. Utilizing WoW + Hex to wallbreak slower shit and to maim faster shit, it makes for an interesting Fire type. Altho it has to rely on lucky 50/50s to beat it's Dark nemeses, it can punish those foolish Fighting types with Knock Off (not Timburr) with the WoW + Hex combo. Fire Blast nails Pawn really hard and is secondary STAB. Also Ghost + Fire just misses a few things namely Deino / Houndour / Carvahna / Litleo with it's coverage. Lastly, Pain Split is filler to get some HP back.

プルリル (Frillish) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Hex
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

OO coverage consists of: Energy Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Ice Beam / Psychic
OO status moves consists of: Toxic / Taunt / Mirror Coat (if ur into that kind of thing)

Once again, Hex + Status is employed to devestate your switchins and help you demoralize the enemy team. However Frillish has a nice amount of coverage. Scald + Hex is slightly unreliable but it's doable. Wow can be tacked on to help procure those burns on things that absorb Scald like Chou and Tyke. If you want just WoW, that's okay, Frillish has HPump to blast foes. Recov is obv to heal you.

What it's OO hits:
Energy Ball: Water Absorb / Storm Drain pokes
Dazzling Gleam: Darks / Fights / hurr Dragons
Ice Beam: Grass / Birds (hit harder by STAB tbh)
Psychic: Fights / Poisons who resist Water

I've been trying to figure out a way to use best bro, and I recently realised that he can be used as an Anti-Sweeper, rather than the offensive route I was taking.

Shinx @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spark
- Crunch
- Roar

I took a look at Shinx's abilities, but it just doesn't have the speed or bulk to run a Guts offensive set. So I tried out Intimidate Shinx, and was quite pleased. It only has one weakness, and in LC there aren't many notable pokemon with Earthquake outside of Drilbur. Bring it in on a physical attacker and get off the attack drop, release Thunder Wave to slow down the target. If the opponent stays strong and continues attempting to bring Shinx down, you can then Roar it out and paralyze something else.

Teddiursa @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Dynamic Punch
- Mega Kick
- Thief

This is just a fun set, credits to Diddy and me for this. I played this thing under sweb + memento (In a fun team, but quite competitive), and this thing, despite the fact it needs a lot of support, was really sympathic. His good bulk, the BJ allows him an easy set-up. Dynamic Punch + Hone Claws is really funny, and can break a lot of things. Mega Kick is a really powerful STAB 120 BP, and Thief allows teddi to take some juices/eviolite. This is a lot of fun. Yeah, SD is better, but really, this thing is better that what I was thinking first and really fun to play c: !

Brogunk (Croagunk) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 188 Atk / 124 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Me First

This is a scarf speedy set, try using it against others trying to fake out on you not expecting to lose the speed game and if someone sets up with stat boosts or is going for a move that you know will ko them, go for me first, need steel bonus, use bullet punch, poison jab for stab and also major paralysis chance, because he has poison touch. Note, THIS SHOULD NOT BE SAVED FOR LATE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL FAIRIES (you sick cruel people who think that's ok)

Last edited:
Brogunk (Croagunk) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 188 Atk / 124 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Me First

This is a scarf speedy set, try using it against others trying to fake out on you not expecting to lose the speed game and if someone sets up with stat boosts or is going for a move that you know will ko them, go for me first, need steel bonus, use bullet punch, poison jab for stab and also major paralysis chance, because he has poison touch. Note, THIS SHOULD NOT BE SAVED FOR LATE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL FAIRIES (you sick cruel people who think that's ok)
While Me First is fun to use, Fake out and Bullet Punch aren't great moves to use on a scarfed Pokemon. I suggest adding Knock Off and Drain Punch to round out your coverage, and Gunk Shot> Poison Jab as you need more power. I further suggest you try running Dry Skin as an ability, as it provides an interesting immunity to Scald, and invest those Spdef evs to Special attack, for Me First.

Quackers (Ducklett) @Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 180 HP, 116 Def, 84 SpA, 116 SpD
Modest Nature
-Rain Dance
-Rest
-Scald
-Hurricane

This thing is honestly really hilarious to use and completely walls Stall teams/Regenerator cores :P. Basically what you do is you come in, set up a Rain Dance, and then you're immune to status and you can Rest without having to stay asleep. Then there's Rain-boosted Scald and Perfect acc. Hurricane for STABs too!~ :3

Also better Everything would help because I am a nub at LC

Anthiese

formerly Jac
More fun with weird shit

Bumblepumpkin (Pumpkaboo-Small) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 36 Def / 244 SpA / 76 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN HP
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

s/o to Karlpower for this lovely set concept but he's running other shit on his so his is p rad too.

So basically this aims to maim common switchins to our fave pumpking. This thing suprisingly deals a massive amount of damage to unprepared switch ins and hopefully net some KOs. one problem with this set is that there's NO EFFING INVESTMENT so do NOT try to tank hits. This is Webs / Para Support only set as well. Please keep these in mind.

Shadow Ball

244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Shadow Ball vs. 44 HP / 236 SpD Pumpkaboo-Super: 23-31 (100 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Giga Drain

244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Giga Drain vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 26-34 (104 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Fire Blast

244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Fire Blast vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 16-21 (64 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Fire Blast vs. 116 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Cottonee: 16-21 (72.7 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Psychic

244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 76 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 16-21 (64 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 140 HP / 132+ SpD Eviolite Pancham: 13-18 (52 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 80 HP / 116+ SpD Eviolite Skrelp: 13-16 (59 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 196 HP / 196+ SpD Tentacool: 13-18 (56.5 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244+ SpA Life Orb Pumpkaboo-Small Psychic vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 13-18 (52 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Poogie (Swinub) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Ice Shard

Say hello to the only Pokemon in LC with Freeze-Dry. A move that is supereffective on Water Type Pokemon. A MASSIVE BOON to a mon with no good coverage to strike them with. With this move, Swinub gets close to OHKOing a lot of it's common switchins, Bulky Waters. EdgeQuake coverage rounds off the set, and priority is there to aid in KOs. Also like the Pumpkaboo set above, this should be used with Webs or Para support in order to ensure outspeeds. Have fun!

196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 156 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Omanyte: 16-18 (72.7 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Shellder: 31-39 (155 - 195%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 156 HP / 116+ SpD Eviolite Mantyke: 21-31 (91.3 - 134.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Kabuto: 18-23 (85.7 - 109.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 236 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Frillish: 16-18 (64 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 80 HP / 116+ SpD Eviolite Skrelp: 16-18 (72.7 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 228 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Shellos: 16-18 (59.2 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 196 HP / 196+ SpD Eviolite Tentacool: 10-16 (43.4 - 69.5%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 23-31 (92 - 124%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 84 HP / 156+ SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 12-14 (52.1 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Swinub Freeze-Dry vs. 116 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Slowpoke: 18-23 (66.6 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

NOTHING IS SAFE

edit: the swinub calcs was for lc uu threats which is where i use this thing but i might start tossin in in lc ou with that dank ass damage on bj chou like oml

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
webs+LO pump small is genuinely legit. it's a better spinblocker than gastly, and doesn't ruin the offensive momentum which webs teams like, unlike standard pumpkaboo. really cool mon tbh.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
rowan said:
webs+LO pump small is genuinely legit. it's a better spinblocker than gastly, and doesn't ruin the offensive momentum which webs teams like, unlike standard pumpkaboo. really cool mon tbh.
you dont need webs - just run 15 Speed to pass Chou and Mag, be sure to run FB to bonk incoming Steels, and have fun Dbonding bulkyfoo. This way, you can keep hazards on Dweb spikestacking too if you pair with Pawn,

Hello, I have just never seen this set, neither in ladder, nor in the analysis, and I admits that I'm wondering why.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Aqua Tail
- Play Rough
- Substitute

Simple as fuck. Physical Skrelp, what's wrong ? Physical Skrelp is able to lure the commons spe walls, and this thing is really a pain to deal with.
Substitute allows to pass Spore, fr exemple, or some twaves with ties. Outrage is also possible, for Tyrunt, or you can even play another filler. Return and Iron Tail are, however and badly, useless. I apologize if someone has already show the set.

Hello, I have just never seen this set, neither in ladder, nor in the analysis, and I admits that I'm wondering why.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Aqua Tail
- Play Rough
- Substitute

Simple as fuck. Physical Skrelp, what's wrong ? Physical Skrelp is able to lure the commons spe walls, and this thing is really a pain to deal with.
Substitute allows to pass Spore, fr exemple, or some twaves with ties. Outrage is also possible, for Tyrunt, or you can even play another filler. Return and Iron Tail are, however and badly, useless. I apologize if someone has already show the set.
Er i used it b4, i ran play rough on it because takes down fighting types tht have no clue. Its rly good tho. I had no idea for 4th move tho

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Get ready for two sets I love with all my heart

SubPunch Aipom
Yawn Hippopotas

(ಠ⌣ಠ)
Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fury Swipes
- Knock Off
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

Aipom's main switch-ins are generally those that resist its Normal STAB, namely Steels and Rocks. Simply Sub on the switch and you'll be able to have a guaranteed 150 BP super effective smackeroo on those nerdy Pawniards that switch in. Alternatively, if something like Tirt or a Ghost pops in, hit them with Knock Off then proceed to end lives. It's definitely gimmicky and relies on being matched up against someone you think will actually switch; no ladder scrubs for this Pom.

\(`0´)/
Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Slack Off
- Yawn

This Hippo set is incredibly fun to use, and it forces switches left and right. Hippo is Specially defensive to shut down all forms of Sun, and features Yawn to force switches and Rock Tomb for Speed control. This set maintains Hippo's ability to beat Sun, Pony, Pawn for the most part, and other such threats. The crux of the set is Yawn, which either forces your opponent to switch or makes them lose a mon for 2-3 turns. You'll find more often than not that they'll switch, leaving you open to A) hit the switch-in with a Rock Tomb to slow it down B) straight up switch into your hardest Hippo counter counter C) kill the sleeping mon with a combo of EQ and sand. Mon/10 imo

Last edited:
zzzz... its beautiful the koff for gastly and other ghosts, the focus punch for surprises on steel types and rock. problem is you wont fool the opponent next time :P but good set

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yamask (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 236 Def / 80 SpA / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature (Careful Nature can also be run)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split

Yamask actually works pretty decent with the right support. It works pretty nice with Pawniard and Scrafty who appreciate it's fighting immunity. Yamask is also a physical wall with will o wisp to cripple it's opponents. Hex is a nice move due to the power increase after a will o wisp. Hidden Power Fighting is a nice move for coverage and is what i tend to run. Memento can be run if your team needs some support for allowing a Pokemon to set up easier. Pain Split is a nice move to get some health back although it is not always reliable.
I also like Yamask due to the fact it is immune to some priority moves such as e speed, mach punch and vaccum wave.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)