Ability: Oblivious
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Great lead, 'violite gives him great 23/21/21 bulk, Oblivious makes him immune to taunt, rocks is are here because wynaut? WOW cripples Archen as he sets up rocks. Fire blast kills ferroseed, and rock slide is there because I didn't know what else to give him XD.

I love my little Dummy, he sets up rocks every time I need him =)

As well, behold, the most annoying thing in the universe:

ICanHazNCor? (Purrloin) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 220 Def / 60 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

This thing wrecks peoples minds:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-146269420

Older battle, so no comments:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-139713652
In my opinion, berry juice purrloin is the way to go and i saw those replays. I love the annoyingness of purrloin. It is outclassed by other prankster pokes in LC,but it's still very viable. It's a good hidden gem in LC. Sorry if post is short, I don't have enough time right now.

In my opinion, berry juice purrloin is the way to go and i saw those replays. I love the annoyingness of purrloin. It is outclassed by other prankster pokes in LC,but it's still very viable. It's a good hidden gem in LC. Sorry if post is short, I don't have enough time right now.
Thanks for replying, the sash is because I feel that hazards are uncommon in LC, and ICanHazNcor? is way to frail to survive a hit. I don't want to you Cottonee. (I don't care if it is better, it still looks kinda ':/ )

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for replying, the sash is because I feel that hazards are uncommon in LC, and ICanHazNcor? is way to frail to survive a hit. I don't want to you Cottonee. (I don't care if it is better, it still looks kinda ':/ )
Just going to say, hazards are very common in LC. Also, there is also a whopping grand total of 2 pokemon you should run with a sash: Abra and Diglett.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I been using Golett a lot with Sticky Web

Golett @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 HP / 164 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Works really well with webs because it can switch into Drilbur with ease and 2HKO with DrainPunch+Ice Punch stopping it spinning. Other than that though, it sets up Rocks which is really helpful for powerful sweepers like Cranidos and Cubone which webs tries to abuse. It's also reasonably powerful, hitting hard with Drain Punch and EQ and hitting stuff like Cottonee, Archen and Foongus with Ice Punch, making it a decent late game sweeper with sticky web. Jolly nature is to hit 12 speed so it can outspeed 17 speeders under webs.

Stuff I've been having fun with:

Rock Tomb Chespin
Memento Shellos
Rock Tomb Archen (I will fight until it's standard)
Colbur Berry Misdreavus
I love your hidden gems boo836 XD. In my opinion, rock tomb archen is standard, but i don't know. If not, I WILL TO FIGHT UNTIL IT BECOMES STANDARD. Rock tomb is very helpful for archen since its 17 spe is average, but it needs that speed drop to outspeed faster pokes like missy and scarfed threats too. Memento shellos is a unique set, I must say,but it could be very viable. Since shellos with eviolite and sticky hold is very tanky, it can live a move and help a sweeper come by and set up with the memento support.As i said in the LC chat today when you brought up colbur berry misdreavus, I was astounded. Misdreavus can eat up a knock off from pawn with more than a quarter left of HP and OHKO back with hidden power fighting.

Edit: Oops, i forgot chespin. Rock tomb on chespin is basically the same reason for archen having rock tomb though.

Got another hidden gem today :) .

Trubbish @ Berry Juice @ Impish/Jolly/Careful nature
Ability: Sticky Hold
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Drain Punch
36 HP/36 Atk/100 Def/100 SpDef/236 Spe
It may sound rubbish that I'm talking about trubbish, but I consider it a gem. Trubbish is a hazard setter that it outclassed by many other threats in the metagame such as drilbur and dwebble. But trubbish does have its uses. With its access to recycle and berry juice you can make this trash bag last longer on the field and annoy your opponents and it can't be knocked off since it has the ability sticky hold. Plus, trubbish is one of the best mienfoo check and counters in this metagame since it resists its STABs, u-turn,and can't get knocked off. Trubbish is also a reliable check/counter to pawniard since, once again, sticky hold, and its access to drain punch to OHKO pawniard and gain its health back. Pretty neat,right? Trubbish does have its downsides though. Since sand teams are becoming more used and earthquake users are every where, trubbish always has trouble having time to shine. Its defenses are average, but since you have no eviolite bulk, you will be OHKO'd most often by super effective and neutral effective moves. Overall, trubbish is a viable poke that does have some fatal flaws, but it's still helpful in many situations.

Edit: Gunk shot is also a very powerful STAB move that will do a lot of damage, but be careful of misses though.

Last edited:
Got another hidden gem today :) .
Click me for more info!
Trubbish @ Berry Juice @ Impish/Jolly/Careful nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Drain Punch
36 HP/36 Atk/100 Def/100 SpDef/236 Spe
It may sound rubbish that I'm talking about trubbish, but I consider it a gem. Trubbish is a hazard setter that it outclassed by many other threats in the metagame such as drilbur and dwebble. But trubbish does have its uses. With its access to recycle and berry juice you can make this trash bag last longer on the field and annoy your opponents and it can't be knocked off since it has the ability sticky hold. Plus, trubbish is one of the best mienfoo check and counters in this metagame since it resists its STABs, u-turn,and can't get knocked off. Trubbish is also a reliable check/counter to pawniard since, once again, sticky hold, and its access to drain punch to OHKO pawniard and gain its health back. Pretty neat,right? Trubbish does have its downsides though. Since sand teams are becoming more used and earthquake users are every where, trubbish always has trouble having time to shine. Its defenses are average, but since you have no eviolite bulk, you will be OHKO'd most often by super effective and neutral effective moves. Overall, trubbish is a viable poke that does have some fatal flaws, but it's still helpful in many situations.

Edit: Gunk shot is also a very powerful STAB move that will do a lot of damage, but be careful of misses though.
The point of this thread is to discuss pokemon with low usage, or a pokemon that can run a different set and still be viable. Spikes trubbish is not a hidden gem and it's viability has been proved way before, despite it dropping slightly in usage.

The point of this thread is to discuss pokemon with low usage, or a pokemon that can run a different set and still be viable. Spikes trubbish is not a hidden gem and it's viability has been proved way before, despite it dropping slightly in usage.
Trubbish has a rather low usage according to http://sweepercalc.com/stats/lc.html at #84 and only 1.8% of LC battlers using it. In my opinion it's still low usage and a "Hidden Gem".

Numel @ Berry Juice @ Modest Nature
Ability: Simple
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Def / 240 SpA / 76 SpD
- Stockpile
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Okay so the basic point of this setup is the combination of Stockpile and Simple, after 3 uses of Stockpile you have 4x Def and SpD, and your Berry Juice will being you back to 100% HP after your opponent manages to whittle it down enough. Once set up, Flamethrower and Earth Power, both having 90 power and STAB, can take out almost any threat in a few hits and the only prevalent LC mon that resists both is Fletchling. With 23/12/12 defenses a 4x multiplier means you are working with 48 DEF and SpD! I'm not saying this set is perfect, but if you pick your place in each match to set up it can be devastating.

Numel @ Berry Juice @ Modest Nature
- Stockpile
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Okay so the basic point of this setup is the combination of Stockpile and Simple, after 3 uses of Stockpile you have 4x Def and SpD, and your Berry Juice will being you back to 100% HP after your opponent manages to whittle it down enough. Once set up, Flamethrower and Earth Power, both having 90 power and STAB, can take out almost any threat in a few hits and the only prevalent LC mon that resists both is Fletchling. With 23/12/12 defenses a 4x multiplier means you are working with 48 DEF and SpD! I'm not saying this set is perfect, but if you pick your place in each match to set up it can be devastating.
Okay 2 things, fletchling isn't fire flying and your importable is not in PS format making me doubt you have tested it. Also can people in general realize theres no nature next to the item. (Looking at you eren really

It is outclassed by Shellos who has better typing and access to reliable recovery giving it more HP over long periods and letting it hold an eviolite.

Okay 2 things, fletchling isn't fire flying and your importable is not in PS format making me doubt you have tested it. Also can people in general realize theres no nature next to the item. (Looking at you eren really
Didn't realize Fletch wasnt fire flying. And yes, i have tested it i didnt copy it straight from PS if you want here is the team i use it in

Numel @ Berry Juice
Modest Nature
- Stockpile
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Shellos @ Eviolite
EVs: 68 HP / 64 Atk / 212 Def / 60 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 160 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Cubone @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 40 HP / 196 Atk / 196 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bonemerang
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

One of my personal favorites, my hidden gem, is this cute little fella

Litleo (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 116 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice
- Overheat

He's essentially served as my cleanup crew. With sticky web, he outspeeds most of the tier, and can hit tanks hard.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Litleo Overheat vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Litleo Hyper Voice vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chinchou: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now, of course, both of these common switchins will OHKO him instantly. A little chip damage has to be done in order to let him do his thing

Without sticky web, he easily OHKOs Pawniard and can tank knock off. He can switch into Mismagius, and can 2HKO it with Dark Pulse.

Not perfect, but certainly better than the D-Tier viability ranks he's got now.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
One of my personal favorites, my hidden gem, is this cute little fella

Litleo (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice
- Overheat

He's essentially served as my cleanup crew. With sticky web, he outspeeds most of the tier, and can hit tanks hard.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Litleo Overheat vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Litleo Hyper Voice vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chinchou: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now, of course, both of these common switchins will OHKO him instantly. A little chip damage has to be done in order to let him do his thing

Without sticky web, he easily OHKOs Pawniard and can tank knock off. He can switch into Mismagius, and can 2HKO it with Dark Pulse.

Not perfect, but certainly better than the D-Tier viability ranks he's got now.
This definitely looks like an interesting set; Litleo's greater bulk than Vulpix and Houndour can probably grant it a niche by allowing it to survive Fletchling's Acrobatics after Stealth Rock, and Corphish's Aqua Jet before Stealth Rock. Just a few things, though.
Is there any reason your IVs are lowered? It looks like you forgot to change them back after using a Hidden Power.
I also don't think Dark Pulse is necessary, since a neutral Fire Blast deals very similar damage to a super effective Dark Pulse. Frillish isn't a very prominent threat with Misdreavus being such a potent Pokemon right now.
Instead, Hidden Power Grass could be used to hit Tirtouga (and 2HKO Frillish after Stealth Rock), or Hidden Power Rock can OHKO Berry Juice Archen after Stealth Rock; alternatively, Will-O-Wisp cripples both Tirtouga and Archen, although you'll have to promptly switch out, of course.
I also think a few Speed EVs will help, since right now, you speed tie with -1 Elekid and Diglett; 20 EVs will be enough to hit 14, or 24 EVs if a -Spe IV Hidden Power is used. 116 HP gives the same amount of HP as 100 when the base stat ends in 2; however, 24 HP isn't ideal because you take extra Stealth Rock damage (which rounds down).
With all of these things in mind, I think the ideal set would be
Litleo @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 88 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Rock]
or
Litleo @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
EVs: 20 HP / 132 Def / 176 SpA / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
or
Litleo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 20 HP / 132 Def / 252 SpA / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

I do think I agree with you in that it's not deserving of D rank; there are some really niche Pokemon in the lower echelons of C.

Yeah I had a hidden power on there earlier, I didn't like it much. I don't think the IV changes anything though.

I know this isn't the place to discuss this but Litleo is probably C+ or B-, he needs that sticky web to be a sweeper. He can break walls but that's about it.

Yeah I had a hidden power on there earlier, I didn't like it much. I don't think the IV changes anything though.

I know this isn't the place to discuss this but Litleo is probably C+ or B-, he needs that sticky web to be a sweeper. He can break walls but that's about it.
Litleo is D in the viability rankings, but if you believe it needs to be higher then go to the viability rankings thread and post there with some solid arguments.

Also, I think that Litleo is also a nice check to non-HP Fighting Misdreavus as it's immune to Shadow Ball and resists Dazzling Gleam and it also has a decent 62/58/54 bulk, I'll post more about it if you choose to post in the viability thread. Btw, I think that your set works well when it has sticky web support and Litleo overall is an underrated hidden gem.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Huh
Hidden gems: seems like my kind of thread
lemme tell y'all bout a mon/set that needs love

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

curselax is a really cool mon, and he works pretty much just like his UU dad. you curse. you rest. you talk. you win. Make sure to get missy and fighters out of the equation or else you're gonna have a tough time getting through more offensive teams. This set works due to munchlax's unnaturally high bulk and attack, and it's actually pretty funny to imagine this lard pile squishing other pokemon into oblivion.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
greengrappler, I think purloin works better with knock off>foul play which makes it a better support mon, removing items. Also u-turn> protect because it always forces switches after you encore something and protect is kinda useless. Finally eviolite or BJ is better than sash either for added bulk or recovery.

Eren Yeagar, although trubbish is low in overall usage, in the 1760 stats (top of the ladder) it's #21 in usage showing it does get recognition in the high levels of play.

VersatileMuffin, although stockpile numel seems cool, it's held back by a 4x weakness to water meaning even boosted, water moves still do loads of damage and it has no recovery. I'd rather run ResTalk with eviolite for recovery but even then the 4x weakness holds in back. Better stockpile sweepers would be shellos or lileep.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eren Yeagar, here are the usage statistics.

Elgyem @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 236 HP / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
Nature
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Elgyem is an often overlooked pokemon, despite it having high Special Attack and access to Analytic. Analytic is almost guaranteed to activate, thanks to Elgyem's blistering 9 speed, letting Elgyem sufficiently be more powerful than Abra. This set makes Elgyem a monstrous attacker, while allowing this powerhouse to retain enough bulk to fire off these powerful attacks. Nothing but the bulkiest walls wants to switch in on an attack, and even then they are 3HKOed even with their Eviolites.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)