Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Withdraw
- Recover
- Pollen Puff

Dipplin's movepool is the textbook definition of tragic. No consistent defense or attack dropping moves (Energy Ball doesn't count), no Helping Hand, and its best attack-boosting move is Growth to boost a meh 95 SpA. You're using this solely for Supersweet Syrup, and outside of that, Dipplin will just be a cheer bot Reflect user that can heal allies with Pollen Puff. Thankfully, if you can keep your allies healthy enough, you can stick to using Attack and Defense cheers, the latter of which reduces crit damage. You need the speed EVs to outrun the boss, otherwise it'll heavily damage you with Brave Bird before you can get a Reflect off, or it'll flinch you down with Triple Arrows. Tera Poison gives you a good defensive typing to resist TA and be neutral to BB.

Supersweet Syrup isn't even a good counter. It is a single stat drop, if at any point it uses more Double Teams its not doing much.

Supersweet Syrup isn't even a good counter. It is a single stat drop, if at any point it uses more Double Teams its not doing much.
It'll depend on if it's just one use or more, but I doubt Game Freak would want it to use DT more than once. The one other 7* raid boss that had DT (Greninja) only used it once as an extra move, and there's no way DT will be one of its standards.

A turn-0 shield would just means that Galarian Slowbro and the few other Chilling Water users become more intriguing as support options honestly.

Hisuian's Decidueye's movepool isn't exactly that vast anyway.

So far even with the creativity, GF has shown they still want to stick to a certain "design idea" for the raids. They want to create a challenge while still keeping true to the identity of the Pokemon itself.
Considering H-Decidueye is some sort of samurai, I'd expect bruteforce to be the thing. It doesn't exactly have the most expansive movepool anyway, but I don't think Double Team really fits the theme. Much more likely to just have Bulk Up and Feather Dance honestly, maybe Scary Face if they want to synergize with Triple Arrow.

Edit: Honestly I'm glad this thing doesn't get Focus Energy cause otherwise it was 100% going to run it with both its main stabs being high crit rate moves

Last edited:
Yeah, Charjabug will be cool for randoms.

Charjabug @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Lunge
- Mud-Slap
- Iron Defense
- Pounce

It's mostly gonna be used as a Lunge and Cheer bot. Ensure that you're running with good SpA DPS and SpDef Debuffers before using this, though, since it doesn't get anything like Acid Spray or Fake Tears (it got Screech via TM in SwSh, then lost it in SV :psycry: ). Pounce is cool for your slower partners as well as yourself, lowering the boss's speed and letting you run max bulk.

Some other supports I think will be pretty good for this raid:

:iron moth:
Iron Moth @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lunge
- Acid Spray
- Morning Sun
- Screech / Helping Hand / Sludge Wave / Pounce / Electric Terrain

It's a "lunging sprayer" with reliable recovery along with Screech for physical attacking teammates. However, Screech is likely to be dispensable depending on the boss's moveset. If it has Bulk Up as a standard move like Mewtwo's Calm Mind was, then there's really no point. The other slashes would then be better options. Helping Hand to boost other teammates, Sludge Wave to help with shield chip, Pounce in the event the boss raises its speed or lowers your teammates's with Rock Tomb, or Electric Terrain if it uses Grassy Terrain. If you're worried about Rock Tomb's super effective coverage vs IM, it does almost the same damage as neutral Brave Bird anyway, like 1% more at best. It's actually better it chooses that since it has a small miss chance, which makes it more likely to miss when teammates use Mud-Slap. Covert Cloak prevents the speed drop, as well.

:toxapex:
Toxapex @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Lunge
- Recover
- Sludge Bomb / Iron Defense

The Pex. The aim is to Tera Poison ASAP so you resist Leaf Blade, which will be easy to do as you spam Acid Spray and Lunge. Merciless will let you do slightly more damage with each attack being a crit when you Poison the boss with Sludge Bomb. You could opt for more SpA investment and even a Modest nature to further capitalize on Merciless, but it could leave you likely to take harder-hitting crits from Leaf Blade in the beginning. Iron Defense for a full support build is another option if the boss has Swords Dance, letting you keep up with its boosts.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Venomoth double-resists Grass, double-resists Fighting, has a built-in Covert Cloak in Shield Dust as well as all the previously mentioned moves (Acid Spray, Lunge...)

I hope the flying coverage won't be too harsh because I love that bug, not really sure why.

Venomoth double-resists Grass, double-resists Fighting, has a built-in Covert Cloak in Shield Dust as well as all the previously mentioned moves (Acid Spray, Lunge...)

I hope the flying coverage won't be too harsh because I love that bug, not really sure why.
If the boss doesn't have Brave Bird, it'll be good, but BB is very likely to be there, sadly.

Here's what I'll try:

:SV/Mew:
Covert Cloak
Tera Bug
252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Adamant Nature

Leech Life
Lunge
X Scissor
Bulk Up

Here are the calcs for Brave Bird

0+ Atk Tera Grass Decidueye-Hisui Brave Bird vs. 6 HP / 252 Def Tera Bug Mew: 166-196 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

Since Decidueye will remove your buffs 1st, basically keep spamming Lunge until he resets you. Then afterwards just spam Bulk Up until you're at +6 and keep using either X Scissor or Leech Lfe depending on how your health is. The reason I chose Tera Bug is because I'd like to take less than neutral damage from high crit moves.

Though I'm thinking of replacing the Covert Cloak with Metronome since Tera or not, Mew resists Triple Arrows, plus decidueye already has moves strong against Mew, Tera or not, so he'll likely never go for it. Crits from Shadow Claw before Tera is scary though.

Last edited:
Here's what I'll try:

Covert Cloak
Tera Bug
252 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Leech Life
Lunge
X Scissor
Bulk Up

Here are the calcs for Brave Bird

0+ Atk Tera Grass Decidueye-Hisui Brave Bird vs. 6 HP / 252 Def Tera Bug Mew: 166-196 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

Since Decidueye will remove your buffs 1st, basically keep spamming Lunge until he resets you. Then afterwards just spam Bulk Up until you're at +6 and keep using either X Scissor or Leech Lfe depending on how your health is. The reason I chose Tera Bug is because I'd like to take less than neutral damage from high crit moves.

Though I'm thinking of replacing the Covert Cloak with Metronome since Tera or not, Mew resists Triple Arrows, plus decidueye already has moves strong against Mew, Tera or not, so he'll likely never go for it. Crits from Shadow Claw before Tera is scary though.
I am wondering about Recover, Taunt, Charm, or Life Dew over X-Scissor?

You might rip off a Taunt to prevent Bulk Up, or keep the team alive with Life Dew. Might help the team set up Tera at the beginning with a T1 Charm. Just food for thought.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Here's what I'll try:

Covert Cloak
Tera Bug
252 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Modest Nature

Leech Life
Lunge
X Scissor
Bulk Up
X-Scissor is worse Leech Life and Lunge. They all have 80 Power and X-Scissor doesn't have the increased Crit rate so many people (including me until it was pointed out) think it has. You should have enough PP for attacks without X-Scissor. You could use Life Dew or pretty much anything, but it looks like you don't really need that move anyway. Also, those are a Special Attacking Nature and EVs...

Throwing out a random item idea that probably isn't the best, a Big Root boosting Leech Life's healing to 65% might help with recovering from Shadow Claw Crits and doesn't have an animation like Leftovers.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Damnit, I looked up where to get the Lunge TM, but apparently I need the DLC. Ugh, guess I'll have to use Chilling Water then.
That sucks, but good thing it works anyway.

If you Lunge really badly, you could ask for on the Wifi Simple Questions/Trades Thread for help. Even if you don't have Switch Online subscription, you can trade on Pokemon Home on your phone even without a subscription to Home and have the person helping you teach Mew on their game then trade it back. If you don't have an Online subscription and don't want Home on your phone, (or don't even have a phone) sorry to suggest something that doesn't work for you.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yup!! Defense Drops from Triple Kick get thrown back at it from Mirror Armor quite often— very useful!

I’m trying Mew as a way to potentially stop other players from dying with Lunge and reflect when playing online, but not so easy. Decidueye boosts right through. The stat refresh behind shield is super annoying— if that weren’t there Espathra would probably auto win online raids even with newbs as it can with most physical attackers.

Finally did it.

:SV/Corviknight:
Metronome, I suppose
Mirror Armor
Tera Flying
252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Adamant Nature

Drill Peck
Taunt
Bulk Up
Roost

Basically, turn 1 use Taunt to prevent Bulk Up, then you use Bulk Up twice, the 1st one especially to negate the possible -1 Def from Triple Arrows since he negates your ability after the 1st turn, then on the 4th turn reapply Taunt to stop Swords Dance. It's ok if you die once, but from my run you can't die again. Basically, from when he puts up the shield you pretty much need to be lucky and hope the 30% chance of Triple Arrow's -1 Def comes into effect and cause Mirror Armor to activate. I tried a couple times with Brave Bird, but the recoil is too much.

Adding to the chorus of 'Mirror Armor Corviknight is good'. Roost is honestly a bit of a liability since it exposes you to super-effective Triple Arrows, but I didn't even need it. Bulk Up+Drill Peck gives you that ideal combination of offensive presence and staying power, with Taunt+Mirror Armor making Corv basically the only mon that can truly just sit there and not really have to worry about getting overwhelmed. If you have more passive partners you can accumulate more boosts and contribute more offensively, but if you get paired with heavy hitters you can lean on your utility moves and Cheers to support the team.

I got grouped with three Ceruledge users who didn't seem to be playing optimally (and which each fainted twice) and we still just barely won.

It seems a lot of people online are jumping onto the Ceruledge/Skeledirge bandwagon, with poor results, as expected. People forgot about Scrappy and then it becomes an RNG roulette with the Triple Arrows defence drops.

Has anyone been able to try out the poison spam strat yet?

For online I have found Galarian Weezing to be a useful support option.

Tera: Poison
Ability: Levitate
Item: Wiki Berry (or nature-appropriate equivalent)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spe
Nature: Bold
Taunt
Stockpile
Acid Spray
Sludge Bomb/Clear Smog

With the 6 Speed EVs you outspeed Decidueye by one point. You always want to start with Taunt to prevent Bulk Up, then wait for it to use the stat/ability clear on the party and use a defense cheer. Next you'll want to use Stockpile and then Taunt as fast as possible before the shield goes up.

There may be times when during turn 3 you may want to instead wait for your allies to complete their turn so that the first Taunt wears off and you can use it again before the shield goes up (in cases like these, you'll want to keep checking Decidueye's status with Y until Taunt no longer appears before you use it again). After the shield goes up, it's just a matter of using Acid Spray as many times as possible while using heal cheers as needed, only terastallizing and using Sludge Bomb if your allies aren't doing enough damage.

To be honest either Weezing should work for this, however the additional Fairy typing for Galarian Weezing heavily discourages Decidueye from using Triple Arrow due to the double resistance. This means you'll pretty much always enjoy your boosted defenses, which comes in handy against Leaf Storm too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)