Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Lash
- Acid Spray

Very fun support for physical attackers like Ceruledge and Corviknight thanks to Fire Lash dropping Defense through shield. Also can Taunt to stop set up and Wisp for the beginning part of the raid. Acid Spray for SpA partners. It's a bit on the frail side if the boss manages to set up, but Burn, Max Def, a Taunted boss, and Def cheers will let you survive fine. As long as your partner Ceruledge is competent, those defense drops will let Tera Fire Ceruledge hit like a truck.

Last edited:
Since I do not have access to PLA for Arceus or SwSh for Glowpoke family, I decided to try a different set for the solo strategy:

:armarouge:
Armarouge @ Shell Bell
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Acid Spray
- Clear Smog
- Iron Defense

It is basically a budget Glowbro (which itself is a budget Arceus-Poison) but it works fairly consistently so far. The gameplan is as follows:

1. Acid Spray
2. Iron Defense
3. Spam Acid Spray until shield (your main objective here is just to stay alive with Shell Bell recovery while charging Tera, rather than damage)
4. Get KO'd intentionally (if you get lucky with partners that burn or para, you might survive without getting KO'd)
5. After revival, activate Tera and use Clear Smog (if you didn't get one in before fainting)
6. Acid Spray x3
7. Tera Blast spam until you win

The only issue I've run into so far is if the pre-Tera Shadow Claws get too many crits and KO you early but that is not a huge issue. If you can, try to get partners that spread status (Drifblim, Bellibolt etc.) or lower Attack (Sylveon) for a very easy time.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I’ve played lots of different mons solo, but the following Ceruledge set is the most consistent and straightforward for me. I have never lost a solo with this, and the only way you can faint is if you get a bad run of consecutive crits. This is as close to solo cruise control as you’re gonna get on this Decidueye raid:

:sv/ceruledge:
Ceruledge @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Fire
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
- Bitter Blade (PP Max)
- Clear Smog
- Will-o-Wisp
- Bulk Up

For solo runs I play this general sequence of moves every time.

- WoW on Turn 1 to reduce the damage on the first Shadow Claw that you are gonna eat
- Clear Smog Turn 2 to wipe out the Bulk Up by Decidueye and you build Tera #1
- Bulk Up Turn 3 to boost attack and defense, getting more recovery from BB and reducing damage, build Tera #2
- Bitter Blade to recover health, build Tera #3
- Clear Smog to wipe out the Swords Dance, go Tera
- Bulk Up one more time to hit a little harder and reduce damage further
- Bitter Blade repeatedly until Decidueye faints

Once you go Tera, it’s just button mashing BB at that point. Unless Decidueye gets back-to-back crits on Triple Arrows during double turns, you will recover enough health with Bitter Blade to offset all the damage you are taking. If it doesn’t crit, then you barely get tickled and you can Bulk Up another time or two, if you want, but it’s not much needed.

I’ve enjoyed using Corviknight and Armarouge for solo runs, and they are fine. But Ceruledge has had the least variability and is the most straightforward for me to play. Give it a try, if you haven’t already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)