Project UU Teambuilding Competition V2 - On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Few days late, but in a landslide victory, vivalospride has won! People really like Araquanid, huh. Congrats!

Week 4: Lycanroc-Dusk
:ss/lycanroc-dusk:
Use any set you want!

Despite facing a lot of competition from the more durable Terrakion, Lycanroc-Dusk is arguably the scariest Pokemon one will see in the tier. Boasting perfect, Tough Claws-boosted coverage that means defensive counterplay is limited to "hope you predict correctly" and a powerful STAB priority attack, in addition to an even stronger Sucker Punch, makes playing around Lycanroc-Dusk quite the challenge. As with all Pokemon, there are some partners that can enable it a ton, so let's see em!

Submissions are due Friday, August 14th.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
:lycanroc-dusk: :krookodile: :araquanid: :noivern: :weezing-galar: :jirachi:

Lily has lured me into this yet again by choosing a mon I have a team I like a lot with. I miss TSR hosting this he was significantly cooler. Anyways this is a semiwebs thingy mabob. I realized that most of Lycanroc's answers at +2 are no longer answers with webs up, scarf shao, scarf rachi, scarf krook, etc. Either that or they just need a lil chip which is easy. So I wanted to take this BO w/ webs route with the doge, I went with Krook which is p self explanatory, gets chip with knock + taunt spam and keeps rocks and hazards in general up v reliably. Chople can annoy some fighting types which helps the dog out. Araquanid sets webs ofc, soft checks coba/keld/etc, spreads poison onto the fat waters which helps the dog out a bunch. You can/maybe should go special araq on this but I went physical just bc I didn't feel like hitting skarm harder did all that much for this team since you only need a bit of chip for dog which is easily acquired through krook and even phys raq, OHKOing noiv is still cool tho so you could do that. Weezing-g is nice here offensively and as some sort of defensive glue, it abuses webs to a decent extent with it's coverage and dece dmg output, gives me something to abuse Krook and stomach a few hits from fighting types as well blah blah etc, also fairy resist. Jirachi is p much the only thing that works in this next slot as I needed a steel that could abuse webs, mixed rachi seemed the coolest since it can act as a pivot and keeps skarm/king/etc at a lowish HP bar for the roc to take advantage of late game.​

Woah the thread seems really empty, so here's my submission

Lycanroc sun offense

:sm/lycanroc dusk: :sm/silvally fairy: :sm/ninetales:
:sm/shiftry: :sm/slowking: :sm/tentacruel:

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Iron Head

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Multi-Attack

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scorching Sands
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Toxic

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Growth

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Teleport

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Ok so before you dismiss this as "heat", let me explain. Lycanroc can punch holes or take out weakened mons with its coverage, but gets revenge killed by fighting type scarfers. This is where Silvally Fairy comes in, as very few of them carry poison type coverage while muscling past Chople berry Krook, one of the more commom "checks" to Lycan. The duo was still hard walled by steel types despite carrying fire type coverage, which was what led me to the idea of running them in a sun team, and I haven't look past since. I discovered that the pair benefited from sun as much as the archetype did from them, as both can offensively deal with common road blocks in Ttar, Talonflame, Tentacruel and Dragalge.

Ninetales is the obligatory sun setter, while also doubling as a special wallbreaker when it needs to. It can be brought in via U turn by Silvally to smack Skarm and Doublade. Shiftry is another obvious pick who functions as a mix wallbreaker which once sets up aids in blowing back common defensive cores and even revenge killing with sucker punch. Slowking is a great partner for such offensive mons, providing future sight and teleport support. Not only that, it walls Keldeo and lures in steel types (yea Lycanroc needs all the help it can get) as fire blast KOs Skarm and 2hKOs Jirachi under sun. I opted for a SD + spin Tentacruel, as it served as a great offensive spinner and lure to Hatterene which the team struggles with. (which is the reason why Lycan runs iron head to chip it)

Pardon the long description, but I felt the need to justify this unarthadox team as much as I could. Thanks and have a nice day.​

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Seismitoad @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 Atk / 48 SpA / 224 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Protect

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Strange Steam
- Flamethrower
- Corrosive Gas

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

This is a fun team I built by myself (sad times), and it has some cool features. Obviously, I'm not as good a builder like Viv or Taxi or Esta, but this team is moderately workable. I started with a cool core of BrokenDog + NP Celebi, as I wanted to try Suckerpunch Lycan-D to lure scarfrachi. Removing scarfrachi makes Celebi's endgame a lot easier, with Colbur negating any attempt to revenge it by Krookidile or Lycanroc-D. Celebi also takes on all of Lycanroc's default checks (Palo, Lurk, Doublade), and appreciates Lycan bopping tflame and noivern. I added Cobalion as an emergency Rak check, as well as a Knock Off deterrent. Offensive Toad makes life easier for everyone, as it checks Toxtricity somewhat, as well as throws most of their shared checks out the window, and makes Celebi less pressured in general. It also scouts choice mons via Tect, which I've always loved on toad. The other neat tech is Corrosive Gas on Weezing-Galar, which allows it to remove items from conventional checks, like Berrys from Steels, item from Rachi/Hat, and is overall a great lure for mons that rely on fat steels/hat being weakend, aka Celebi. Toxic Spikes also help Lycan smash through it's checks, and Tspikes help Celebi deal with it's checks alot easier. Finally, brokerachi finishes the team with Speed Control, letting the team have a better offensive matchup vs faster mons like Kyurem, Noivern, Terrakion, etc. The team has no hazard control, but with Toxic Spikes + Stealth Rocks, the opponent will def want hazards removed.

Last edited:

<Click the Sprites for an Importable>
SD Lycanroc-D screens that I made, it was originally Tyranitar but it just didn't put in enough work. Cobalion is primarily there to set Stealth Rock and Chople berry is extremely useful right now to keep shit like Terrakion and opposing Lycanroc-D in check. SD can be replaced with Taunt to keep screens and hazards up but SD lets it take advantage of the screens too. CM Jirachi because Jirachi is broken. Salac Berry is a cool tech that can really prevent foes like Choice Scarf Krook from revenge killing it if activated. Washtom gives me a Ground immunity and with how builds commonly are there aren't that many checks to NP variants. Finally, Teapot because I swear every team without a Tyranitar or priority gets 6-0'd by it.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Congratulations to SpookMÆN for winning this week! Really cool team, good job :3

Week 5 - Galarian Slowbro

Use whatever set you want! Some recommended sets are in the spoiler below.

Slowbro-Galar @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

Slowbro-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shell Side Arm
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Galarian Slowbro is a pretty unique Pokemon; nothing shares its typing, and it's got an excellent, nearly endless movepool (wish it had Toxic, though @~@) that lets it pick and choose what comes in on it for free. It's currently ranked very low on the VR, but I feel it's pretty unexplored. I'd like to see what you guys can do with it.

Submissions are due by Thursday, August 27th.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Psychic Dark Ghost-Core

:mamoswine: :rotom-wash: :slowbro: (galar) :obstagoon: :chandelure: :lycanroc-dusk:

importable:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

description: teams built around an offensive psychic dark ghost-core with mamoswine as the rock-setter and with one of the strongest stab-combos in the game, ice and ground. rotom-wash serves as a defogger and cripples pkmn with thunder wave as this is helpful to gain some necessary speed control for the rest of the team. galarian slowbro has the nasty plot + 3 attacks-set with the combination of quick claw and quick draw to move first most of the time to have the necessary attributes to serve as a special breaker with an amazing stab-combination and flamethrower to hit steel-types such as bronzong and especially doublade. obstagoon has bulk up + 3 attacks with knock off, close combat for opposing dark-types likes bisharp, obstagoon and incineroar. facade is the secondary stab choice and is incredible powerful after the guts are activated. chandelure serves as a breaker of fatter teams as it has trick to lock them into a choice scarf, fire blast and shadow ball are amazing as stab and energy ball is for ttar, keldeo and washtom. last but not least: 4 attacks lycanroc-dusk as tough claws is an insanely good ability to abuse, thereofre 4 attacks work nicely on this pkmn with accelerock, stone edge, close combat and crunch.​

Slowbro-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Why build something actually viable when you can be an "innovator" and drop hot shit on the tier. AV Gobro checks Hatterene (except like +2 +2 cm variants) and can weaken the opposing team pretty well with it's insane movepool. Mienshao provides ways to revenge darks and most threatening pokemon in general, such as Lycanroc-Dusk and Choice Scarf Krookodile. Doublade lets me not auto-lose to the rocks, as well as providing another fighting/toxic switch in. Starmie adds a little bit more speed control, as well as being the main keld/coba check for the team. It's also able to help break down the opposing team. GaWeez provides an answer to Krookodile, Obstagoon, and Mamoswine, and is the defogger for the team. It's ability to spread status also helps keep things like Mimikyu in check. Finally, Tyranitar is the rocker, provides a psychic immunity, as well as being able to check stuff like Toxtricity, Chandelure, Incineroar, etc. It can also help out vs most Rachi sets. Surprisingly, GoBro does pretty well vs CM 3 attacks and ebelt rachi, but CM wish tends to win 1v1 vs it.

Weird Hazard Stacking Offense

:sm/slowbro: (galar) :sm/cloyster::sm/pangoro:
:sm/skarmory: :sm/palossand: :sm/rotom mow:

Slowbro-Galar @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Blast

Pangoro @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Press
- Spikes
- Roost

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scorching Sands
- Toxic
- Shore Up

Rotom-Mow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Slowbro Galar has a lot of unique properties and sets, but I've decided to run NP as it can break common defensive cores with its expansive movepool. Shuca berry allows it to trade hits better from bulky rockers or even threats that outspeeds it, such as Terrakion and Mamoswine, nailing both with SE attacks and synergizes well with regenerator extending its longevity. 88 speed EVs is for outspeeding univested Rhyperior, bulky Doublade sets and everything slower.

Cloyster makes for a weirdly good partner to Slowbro, as it offensively checks Dragalge, while Slowbro provides a fighting type switch in and breaks past steel types, most notably Skarmory. The two are the main breakers of the team, Slowbro hitting hard from the special side, leaving holes in the opposing defensive core only for Cloyster to clean up in the lategame, and sometimes vice versa. Pangoro acts as a lure for Lycanroc, Obstagoon and Mimikyu who would normally outspeed it and elimate them swiftly, even if disguise is up thanks to mold breaker. This ability also ignores magic bounce and defiant making pivoting with parting shot risk free, allowing its teamates more oppurtunities to come in.

The defensive core consits of Skarmory and Palossand, both providing hazards and checking fighting types virtue of their bulk and typing, further bolstered by their access to reliable recovery. Skarmory in particular walls Dragalge while chipping u turn users. Finally, Rotom Mow acts as the defoger and completes a volturn core with Pangoro. Thunder wave is mainly for crippling fast switch ins like Noivern and dual stabs relieve some pressure on Slowbro to deal with opposing Skarm and bulky ground types.

Once again another unusual team I've submitted, which was quite different from my first planned submission lol. (Slowbro + Mudsdale + Wish support is neat, try it out) S/os to Ramolost for the nice Pangoro set idea btw​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)