Project UU Teambuilding Competition V2 - On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe you can think of something even better!"
1595277438881.png

:kangaskhan: :snorlax: :weezing-galar: :seismitoad: :jirachi: :noivern:

The first thing that came to mind was kanga spikes, but everyone else was doing that so I had to try something else. Kanga has an enormous movepool because its a g1 normal, so at first I wanted to use curse circle throw to beat skarm, but it lost to all the fightings so I came up with this wonderful team. Kangaskhan lures in and traps skarm, disable is so they cant roost so you always beat them because tbolt does nothing. Chople+the defense evs lets you live banded terrak cc after rocks and blow them back with counter. Once fightings and skarm are out of the way, snorlax can try to win. I paired it with weezing to give tspikes support and a needed fighting resist, then with toad so it doesnt autolose to electric+fighting and to give rocks and a way to pressure skarm. Scarf jirachi and noivern fill in the gaps, providing speed control, a way to not auto lose to lycan and terrak, defog so you dont get overwhlemed by spikes, and another fighting resits. help me

:Kangaskhan: :Doublade: :Krookodile: :Dragalge: :Heracross: :Rotom-Mow:
POGGERS HAZARD STACK (help me I tried so hard )
Starting of with the basis behind this team, its spikes offense what did you expect? With that in mind, I settled with a basic Kanga set, with an admanant nature to net some kills or chip foes better. Double priority is pretty neat too.

A glaring weakness Kanga faced was the inabality to dent any steel types well and getting mauled by the tier's fighting types, so Doublade patched this weakness up, bringing another form of priority to clean weakened teams, spin blocking, while also benefiting from the ghost immunity Kanga brings. Krook was slapped on the team as an offensive rocker, with taunt to sap away momentum from opponents defogging or teleporting out, dealing with threats such as Skarm and Slowking.

The only thing I was missing was an actual spike setter, and while I was going to run Tentacruel for its ability to spin, Twilight opened my eyes to the core of Dragalge + fighting type, which could pivot out of steel types that would otherwise handle it to get smashed the next turn, while also preventing it from being a momentum drain after it sets up spikes. The fighter I chose was Heracross, which gave up swordsdance for spikes, as I found that it was better in the long run to soften up its checks for its teamates to deal with later, as it forces a lot of switches with its unresisted stab, synergizing well with the nature of this team.

Rotom-mow exists for handling skarm+bliss, completing the volt turn core, as well as providing a secondary water resist and speed control. Defog was slotted in for facing hazards, but there are many ways to deter removing hazards via offensive pressure, spin blocking and taunt.
POGGAROO (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Flip Turn

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Spikes

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Last edited:

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Choice Band Kangaskan T-Spikes Offense
:kangaskhan: :dragalge: :talonflame: :rotom-wash: :jirachi: :slowking:

Ok, what a weird selection to build tbh, at first I wanted to make something with Substitute Kangaskan but then I realised that inmediat power on a Teleport metagame would be better, last research week I fall in love with T-Spikes Dragalge, si I decided to make a build between Kangaskhan and Drag. Dragalge helps to chip offensive threats like Keldeo or Terrakion with T-Spikes and also a solid switch against Volt Switch users, after this, I saw that even a Choice Band Fire Punch does 0 to the mighty Skarmory, so I aded SD Talonflame to break Steel types in general, I decided to run Flame Body instead of Gale Wings bcz Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are the best stab moves on the Smogon Bird and both have recoil making useless Gale Wings, also Flame Body allows me to switch on full physical variants of Jirachi and have a chance tu punish with a burn, since steel present an issue for Kangashkan and Talonflame is not capable to safly switch against some of them, Washtom was a defensive pivot to use against steel and also ground types and a good hazard remover, then I put Sr Jirachi bcz is very splashable and gives me an answer to Kyurem, finally Slowking with the ev spread it has is capable to switch into any of Specs Kyurem move and survive, and depending on what it got locked stay in or go to Jirachi

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
There's a tie between TaxiCab and Estarossa here, so I'll be breaking it by giving the win to Taxi bc Esta didn't name his Kangaskhan POGGAROO. Congratulations! Your team will be added to the OP shortly.
taxi 3
esta 3
luirromen 2
spook 2
katy 1

Week 3 - Mimikyu

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Mimikyu is one spooky sweeper, taking advantage of its great ability in Disguise to almost always set up a free Swords Dance. Its underwhelming Attack stat can be circumvented by its great STAB coverage, Life Orb, and the general lack of sturdy physically defensive walls in the tier - most of the best ones are weak to its STAB attacks, too. Build whatever you like, but if you're looking for ideas, Mimikyu tends to work best on heavy offenses!

Submissions are due by Monday, August 3rd.

Last edited:

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Copycat Mimikyu Hyper Offense
:shuckle: :mimikyu: :toxtricity: :obstagoon: :scyther: :keldeo:
Since Mimikyu is one of those kind of pokemon with just one specific role, I come with an offensive Life Orb set on Hyper Offense, however I wanted to be more creative, Mimikyu was also capable to learn Copycat, and it came to me memories of eeveelutios using copycat on a Shell Smash, so I took Eject Pack Shuckle as my hazard setter, capable to set both sticky web and Stealth rock, at first I tought on Sturdy, however there is not to much that really could OHKO shuckle, and Contrary allowed me to keep my eject pack against Defog users or Intimidate, so, u set you hazard and then proceed to Shell Smash to sent Mimikyu and Copycat the Shell Smash, since now with the +2 on speed you dont need priority at all, last slot can be filled by Sword Dance in case you fail to copycat Shell Smash, Taunt to prevent getting Whirliwind/Roar/Haze or prevent the opponent to recover or Wood Hammer to hit Quagsire, pretty fun and I tested it a little bit on ladder, the other teammates are just breakers that can abuse Sticky Web like Scyther allowing it to outspeed Terrakion and Keldeo and Adamant Obstagoon to have as many power as posible with Facade and Knock Off, hope you like it :blobwizard:
Shuckle @ Eject Pack
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Shell Smash

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Copycat
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance/Taunt/Wood Hammer

Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch
- Shift Gear

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct

Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Surf

I aslo have 2 replays, in the first one opp forfeited after see mimikyu boosted and in the other one is capable to break some memebers of the opposing team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1160063676-c3u5nvxvcafvl1n05cz0ys2fgkasv6cpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1160066162-839vpwelexg3ixvkq8uk7adytbsrui7pw
Edit: I have just realized that there was an specific given set, so if it doesnt count for the week Im gonna let it here or erease it depending what Lily says :c
Edit 2: Lily says is ok, so enjoy the gang :blobwizard:

Last edited:
SPOOKY SCREENS

Polt (Polteageist) @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

MMQ (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Grimm (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spirit Break

Lycan (Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Accelerock

DiscoDuck (Porygon-Z) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack

Luke (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
Overall, Ghost is a pretty good Offensive typing in this metagame right now despite the record number of Dark-types running around in this tier. GhostSpam is particularly effective since it wears down a lot of MMQ's and Polt's mutual checks like TTar and Incin. Sash Lycanroc is IMO the most consistent suicide lead in the tier bar none. It's frail enough to just die to anything after setting SR. The Endeavor + Accelerock is just icing on the cake that can take on an unsuspecting Pokemon thinking that it's SD or CB. The main reasons I chose Luke and DiscoDuck is primarily their typings: they can switch into opposing types that are super-effective against MMQ or Polteageist. Both also have the added benefit of beating most if not all of the relevant UU Steel-types and Blissey (to some degree).

:mimikyu: :roserade: :magneton: :scyther: :krookodile: :starmie:
Mimikyu + Eject pack Roserade + Magneton spikes stack
Mimikyu works best on spike stack teams, providing chip so it can easily muscle through teams, so Roserade filled in the role as an offensive spiker. However, Roserade acts as a lure to Mimikyu checks such as Doublade and Skarmory, as with eject pack it can pivot out to bring in Magneton, which traps and 1HKOs or severely dents both of them. Roserade carries extrasensory to be able to hit Dragalge and Magneton has toxic as filler.

Scyther was added as another sd sweeper that appreciates spikes, with the added benefit of helping Magneton coming in on steel types thanks to U turn, which is handy if Roserade's eject pack has already been activated. Krookodile acts as the rocker and soft check to physical attackers thanks to intimidate. Both carry knock off, reducing opposing mons longevity by removing leftovers or boots, and dragon tail is a neat tech to phaze out mons that it cannot threaten, forcing them to take damage from hazards.

Finally Starmie acts as the spinner, which it may not do reliably due to its fraility, but it makes it up for threatening Skarmbliss cores and Weezing Galar, which walls most of the team, singlehandidly.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Roserade @ Eject Pack
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Extrasensory

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
:scyther: :araquanid: :terrakion: :jirachi: :obstagoon: :mimikyu:
(click)

I think webs rn are about as good as they've ever been this gen in uu, fuck boots tho. Scyther's speed tier and dmg output are incredible on them, I think if you're using anything else as your ground immunity of choice you're doing it wrong, but there's a few other options like NP rotoms or maybe bumass tflame if you're a chump like Adaam. This team has a few dubs in open from various people if that's worth anything, the previous version had Mamoswine but I think I hard lost to p much every fighting type if webs weren't up so I went for a route which had Mimikyu instead. The original core I went with was Scyther + Special Araquanid, I think special araq is prolly the move in most scenarios unless your team just rolls over Skarmory across the board bc phys araq does chunk skarm a fair but but doesn't outright lure it to any extent like special does, which is the goal when I'm building around Scyther. Terrakion was the rocker of choice for obvious reasons, keeps the rocks up p reliably also gives me a dece out vs fighting types w/ chople better, strong mon, knock absorber, eats a hit from noiv if it needs to, and synergizes well with the next mon (Jirachi). Rachi is p much the only steel type you can consistently fit on a hard webs team, semi webs BO routes obviously have a lot more leeway but when you're going balls to the wall I struggle to fit much of anything else, you can go like mixed ebelt routes but I usually go CM on hard webs, I think the item is p flexible I have it as lefties for now since a lot of the loose defensive utility a steel type has is needed here even on HO, but ebelt/life orb/colbur/etc are all good options bc on webs you need the oomf, hence why I went tbolt as well > sball here even tho I think sball is far superior if you're tryna act as a wincon due to hitting other rachi or even other psychics harder in general bc answering psychics is also just something u want ur steel type to do. Tbolt > sball does more immediate dmg to skarm specifically bc the fact of the matter is most of my team is hard walled by it and I don't wanna rely too heavily on araq luring it to beat it. Obviously cm rachi shitstomps skarm either way but the chances of skarm staying in on an unrevealed rachi aren't 0% and hitting it with a tbolt early game can be huge, more oomf :3. Anyways the goon helps a lot with the whole "breaking psychics" thing, it's immediate power is great and so is it's speed tier for webs, daunt is another dece option here but I liked goon a lot more bc it felt a bit less flimsy whilst faster which I liked in this slot, going daunt > goon here would p much just be to not be walled by skarm but I lure it and overwhelm it more than well enough. Mimikyu is really the emergency button is always has been in the last slot here, mainly helping me deal with fighting types late game or daunt or whatever, fighting types is the big one. Using jolly mmq makes me wanna cry bc it hits like a meatball sandwich with no spaghetti sauce so having webs let me tell myself I can use ada here freely >:D. Unsure of araq spread tbh I did it in 3 seconds and didn't look back on it, just outpaces skarm p much.

edit: this team's name in my builder is DOUBLE BUG BOP WEBS as an homage to sparrow

edit 2: (bc there's 2 bugs)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)