Project UU Teambuilding Competition V2 - On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
op yoinked from the old thread
approved by A Cake Wearing A Hat

art by the amazing lyd, thank you so much! <3​

Welcome to the UU Teambuilding Competiton V2! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!

Rules (read these first):

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to use the following format:

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team.

Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your entry on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites. Sprite code is just typing :ss/pokemonname: or :bw/pokemmonname:.
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag, or in a pokepaste - https://pokepast.es/
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays.
Note: If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags!

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though. Remember to keep all suggestions civil and constructive, this thread is no place for toxicity.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the UU Teambuilding Hall of Fame.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully this wont be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; so in the case of this thread, please do not use slashes. The team should be reflective of your skill as a builder, and have choices that you feel comfortable with.

Tiers: A week is for SWSH UU unless stated otherwise. For variety's sake, I'll switch up the generation from time to time so you can show off your ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS and SM teams as well!

Hall of Fame

:bw/mienshao:
Week 1 - Mienshao by SpookMÆN

click me or the sprites for the importable!

:bw/kangaskhan:
Week 2 - Kangaskhan by TaxiCab

Week 3 - Mimikyu by vivalospride

Week 4 - Lycanroc-Dusk by SpookMÆN

Week 5 - Galarian Slowbro by Sickist

Week 6 - Zarude by driftingover

:bw/heracross:
Week 7 - Heracross by Notily

:bw/chandelure:
Week 8 - Chandelure by driftingover

Week 9 - Ribombee by [nobody yet]

Last edited:

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
And with that, we have our new thread up! The old thread, while still functional, was kinda dead, so I opted to remake it.

Week 1 - Mienshao
:ss/mienshao:

Use any set you want!

Mienshao is a frightening wallbreaker, taking advantage of its great Speed tier and disgustingly powerful Close Combat to power through most of the tier. It also has great utility options in Knock Off and U-turn to account for its poor matchups, crippling or pivoting out of answers like Galarian Weezing and Sylveon. Show me what you can make with it!

Submission deadline is Thursday, July 16th.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strange Steam
- Taunt
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
After looking at the importable, most of you are probably wondering, "how many gallons of THC did Sickist ingest this time", especially after seeing the Kyurem. Don't worry, we'll get to that.

Anyways, I started off the team with a cool defensive core consisting of Rocks TTar, Weezing-G, and Teleport Slowking. They all 3 handle the majority of each other's answers fairly well. Next, I wanted to have a Volt-Turn core of some sort, as well as a way to revenge things like Terrakion and Kyurem, so Scarf Mienshao was the pick for me. Mienshao having Regenerator makes it an awesome pivot able to come in, eat something, and pivot out, which is cool to me for some reason, but also provides many opportunities for it's teammates to come in and reek havoc. Taunt is being ran over status on Weezing due to Mienshao being able to Toxic most of everything Weezing would want to status for the most part, and Taunt gives me a much better MU vs stall builds. After Mienshao was slotted in, I wanted to add more offensive parts to the build, as it was looking rather defensive, which was not what I was going for. Kyurem appeared in my mind due to being able to take advantage of most of the psychic, ghost, and flying types that would want to come in against Mienshao. I went with Sub/Roost due to being able to soften up the opponent for the final member, being Doublade. Doublade made my Terrak MU a lot better, heck, my Fighting/Psychic matchup much better. Doublade also carries Priority to finish off weakened threats that Kyurem or Mienshao may have failed to pick off. However, looking at the final product at that point, I noticed I was very Stall weak. Originally, I had Toxic on both Weezing and Mienshao, so I traded Toxic for Taunt on Weezing, gave Freeze Dry > Ice Beam to Kyurem so I could handle Slowking and Rotom-Wash, who both were severely annoying at that point, with more relative ease. Finally, the team looked plausable, so I did a few test runs, and they did pretty well. I probably couldn't stand up to PIFstall probably but that's just because I'm bad and I'm honestly not that great a building. However, besides a few weaknesses here and there, it's a fun team. Hope you all enjoy your evening!

:Starmie: :Doublade: :Rotom-Mow: :Mienshao: :Krookodile: :Weezing-Galar:
The Mienshao HJK murder squad
The idea behind this team is simple, support Banded Mienshao by dealing with its checks and bringing it in safely. Firstly, since Mienshao is no longer my scarfer Rotom Mow takes it's place, forming a neat volt turn core, and even when it tricks away its scarf it can still offer speed control with thunder wave. Mienshao is forced to run CC+HJK to mitigate the annoying 90% accuracy and protect shenanigans.

Doublade can handle the fairy types that mienshao can't muscle through while cleaning up with SD, while Starmie acted as an offensive check to bulky mons in Slowking, Palossand, e.t.c. Krookodile was for rocks with a neat tech in taunt, detering teleport and defog while G- Weezing was my fighting type + Obstagoon switch in as well as my defogger, allowing Starmie to run recover which increases it's longevity. Starmie can be switched with Slowking which offers future sight and teleport, but I prefer Starmie for being threatening right of the bat.
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunder Wave

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Close Combat

Krookodile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog
- Fire Blast

Last edited:

voyage

Banned deucer.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Heavy Slam

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Trick

EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Fire Blast
- Defog
Basically it is a balanced team taking base in Mienshao. It is a good offensive mon that has a great ability to support himself to recover. Zong is a great partner when it comes to covering Mienshao's own weaknesses. In addition to being my SR user. Vaporeon is next because I needed to reply to spam fire main weakness of Zong and support of Wish / Heal Bell. The next of the classic core is Roserade to press with Spikes and cover my previous member. Chandelure closes the core of main types. And just like Vaporeon it can absorb moves of the same type. Finally my user Defog and also immunity to dragons. FBlast is good coverage to better fit steel types.

Last edited:
:mienshao::crawdaunt::rotom-wash::jirachi::hatterene::noivern:

This team is built around scarf mienshao (sorry renny), which is great for speed control, revenging lycan, terrak, etc, and outspeeding scarf jirachi and can be a solid cleaner. Was originally edge last for vern but I wanted more outs vs hatterene so I put jab. I wanted to pair it with something that could take advantage of uturns on hard checks like palosand, doublade, and slowking. Originally, the second slot was sd panda to lure weezing with eq, but that set is kinda terrible and banded is outclassed by crawdaunt anyway. Crawdaunt fits pretty perfectly because it loves getting the free switches to the mons i mentioned, and weakens stuff like skarm and gweezing for mienshao to help it clean later. Next, I added rotom-wash for a ground immunity and for its ability to check tons of stuff, as well as to provide a switch in to palosand so I don't have to go hard crawdaunt. It's twave because if they go into noivern or kyurem or something you twave then volt so that next time you volt it's crawdaunt food. The spread has more bulk than usual because I wanted help with lycan, incin, etc, it creeps addy ttar. Defog over pain split because I want hazards off for daunt. Next, I needed rocks and wanted a kyurem check and fairy check, and so I put on rocks jirachi, which is pretty standard, this is a set my guy TMM showed me but I tweaked the evs. This allows you to stay in on slowking and always do at least a third so it can't regen it off as it ports, and this allows you to prevent free ports into threats like kyu if you had to go washtom. Thunder also good for 60% para chance and a nuke for skarm etc. Then I put on AV hat, because I wanted a better vern check and insurance against keld, cm jirachi, noivern, and gweezing and a fighting resist to not lose to mienshao/terrak. Hat pressures hazards which daunt really appreciates. Hat+jirachi check basically all the special attackers in the tier; nobody gave me a spread so I went crazy :D pm me if you want to know what it does its too much to write here. Last slot noivern because it helps with the fightings and the grasses, and allows me to uturn into my breakers on blissey. This team has three mons that'll paralyze the opponent, which was an accident but is really nice for daunt. Don't usually nickname, but these fit too well... rest in peace Bashar Johnson (and Jarad Higgins).
creature (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

gangstas (Crawdaunt) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

make it rain (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

aim for the moon (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

the woo (Hatterene) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 52 SpA / 120 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Nuzzle

snitching (Noivern) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
trapped in the volt-turn

:mienshao: :jirachi: :rotom-wash: :rhyperior: :noivern: :copperajah:

importable:

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Pain Split

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Copperajah @ Assault Vest
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Heat Crash

explanation:
i started this team of with a hard hitter in mieanshao, i gave it choice band as cb-mienshao hits everything pretty hard, it has close combat as its main-stab, knock off to remove annoying items, poison jab for fairies like sylveon and hatterene and u-turn to get in one of its team-members safely. the 2nd member is jirachi with scarf for some speed control, it has iron head (we all know what i-head does),
fire punch for skarmory and other steel-types like escavalier and doublade and also u-turn. the last slot is healing wish to gauarante another team-member a 2nd chance. washtom is the fire-resist and defogger to remove annoying entry-hazards, it has volt switch and hydro pump and the last slot is pain-split to have more longevity for its defogging-potential. rhyperior is the rocks-setter with the nice edge-quake coverage and the 3rd slot is megahorn to lure in celebi. noivern is a hard hitter with its choice specs-set; it has its stabs draco meteor and hurricane and the coverage in flamethrower to hit bronzong, jirachi and doublade for super effective damage. copperajah is the secondary fairy- and psychic-resist with its av-set. it can dish out some serious damage with heavy slam and has earthquake as its coverage for fire- and electric types. power whip is for quagsire and opposing rotom-wash whereas heat crash hits levitating steels like bronzong and also escavalier for a 4x super effective damage. copperajah can also help against choice specs-kyurem and hits it hard with a heavy slam.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader

Swords Dance Mienshao + Future Sight Slowking

Wanted to build around a more interesting set than common AV or RegenScarf sets for this week, so had a look at SD Mienshao, which is a nice option to combine its speed and pivoting abilities with regenerator with some breaking power to get through Pokemon like Skarmory. Future Sight support further augments this from Slowking, and prevents would be counters like Weezing-Galar from freely switching into Mienshao. Smack Down Krookodile provides rocks, a ground typing, and a way to weaken Weezing further for Mienshao. Passho Berry on Krookodile helps to sponge hits from Rotom-Wash and Starmie, pairing well with Smack Down especially for the former. Payapa Berry was chosen on Mienshao to let it threaten Colbur Slowking better, and avoid being revenge killed by Starmie as easily, while being able to Bluff Choice Scarf with Regenerator and U-turn early game.

Choice Scarf Jirachi provides your typical excellent scarfer that can clean up after Mienshao has weakened/removed bulky Steels and Water types, and check stuff like Terrakion / Lycanroc. Tspikes Weezing provides a solid check to Krookodile, and can support Mienshao in pressuring Pokemon like Quagsire/Sylveon. Doublade rounds off the team with a defensive check to Terrakion and Jirachi and secondary cleaner and breaker.
Mienshao @ Payapa Berry
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Passho Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Teleport

EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Fire Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Lily

it's in my blood
UU Leader
Congratulations to SpookMÆN for winning the first week of this competition's revival! Your submission will be added to the Hall of Fame shortly :3
Spook - 3
Taxi - 2
Esta - 2
Byakko - 1
Sickist - 1
I can't believe I'm about to do this, but... on request of martha, our next Pokemon will be...

Week 2 - Kangaskhan
:ss/kangaskhan:
Use whatever set you want, but be sure to name it "POGGAROO"!

Kangaskhan has some potential as either a powerful Normal-type wallbreaker that uses its ability, Scrappy, to hit Pokemon like Palossand really hard with its powerful Double-Edge, as well as allowing it to avoid Intimidate from Krookodile and Incineroar. It can also take on a defensive role with a Wish set, giving it a lot of versatility. Maybe you can think of something even better!

Submissions are due Saturday, July 25th!

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
:ss/kangaskhan: :ss/slowking: :ss/magneton: :ss/skarmory: :ss/druddigon: :ss/mienshao:

The return of KangaSpikes! ft. Eject Pack Kanga
https://pokepast.es/522cf9e5774ccaed

Kangaskhan (F) @ Eject Pack
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Thief
- Hammer Arm

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Teleport

Magneton @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Metal Sound

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Body Press

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Toxic
Kangaspikes was one of the most fun playstyles of SM PU, making use of the switches it could force with its fake out + scrappy combination, and in one of its most dangerous forms combining it with Future Sight Musharna to severely limit its switch-ins. This modernisation takes this into Gen8 UU, where Kangaskhan is a pretty dreadful Pokemon tbh, but Future Sight + Teleport Slowking lets it pull of these shenanigans a bit better.

Eject Pack + Hammer Arm Kangaskhan paired with Magneton allows it to easily trap one of its main counters in Skarmory, while hitting normal resists like Terrakion/Coba trying to come in while Thief afterwards allows it to attempt to steal an item like Doublade's Eviolite or Jirachi's Leftovers/Choice Scarf to just be a genuine nuisance and potentially gain a useful item. Magneton is running a metal sound set so it can avoid the Body Press risks from Skarm and attempt to break a little potentially.

Skarmory is the perfect Spikes setter realistically for this style because of how well whirlwind pairs with Future Sight, and it being able to check Fighting types and stuff like Krook for the very fighting weak Kanga + magneton core. Druddigon sets SR, can bounce around with hazards / future sight with Dragon Tail and help with some physical mons a bit further.

Scarf Mienshao rounds off the team with some speed control + another future sight abuser.

(Click me for the Pokepast.es)
POGGAROO (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Facade

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Stun Spore
- Knock Off

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scorching Sands
- Shore Up
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
After promptly throwing up in my mouth after discovering this week's subject, I got to work. I decided to go with an AOA set to function as a wallbreaker, due to it's pretty solid coverage. However, after running some calcs, I figured out this thing is weak and after playing a couple games with a beta version of this team, figured out it has like no bulk to come in on anything. So, I paired it with one of my favorite pivot cores rn: Slowking+Whimsicott. King can check most fightings and appreciates Kang being able to be immune to Ghost attacks, while also being able to get Kang in via Teleport. Whimsicott provides a fast Fairy pivot to check faster fighting types, such as Terrakion, while providing amazing utility in this case for the rest of the team, via Stun Spore and Knock Off. Speaking of Terrakion, I kinda don't enjoy losing to it clicking Stone Edge, and I also enjoyed having Rocks and another Fighting answer. Palossand seem'd natural, providing me a solid check to things like Cobalion, Toxtricity, and electrics in general. Next, I needed a stallbreaker and a Steel type to help keep stuff like Jirachi in check. Skamory was the choice, providing me a blanket check to most scary physical threats. It utilizes a cool Toxic+Taunt combo to help deal with stuff like Quag and Blissey. Finally, I still seemed kinda Rachi weak, as well as being mauled by Chandy and a lot of Psychics in general. So, I went with SD Incineroar as the last, choosing to go with Darkest Lariat as my STAB rather then Knock to help the Necrozma/Reuniclus matchup. The team has no hazard control, but you can pressure the opponent to defog for the most part.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Kangaskhan Hyper Offense

:grimmsnarl: :mamoswine: :kangaskhan: :jirachi: :keldeo: :talonflame:

importable:
Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

POGGAROO (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Strength
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

explanation:
hyper offensive team around kangaskhan with dual-screen support from grimmsnarl, with taunt to prevent defogging and spirit break to lower the opponents spatt by 1 to help create setup-opportunities for the remaining team-members.
mamoswine sets up rocks and has priority in ice shard for flygon and noivern, icicle crash and earthquake are its strong dual-stab moves.
kangaskhan has the slik scarf with fake out, power-up-punch to help its breaking potential and deals damage simultaneously. strength its is main-stab alongside earthquake to break through rock- and steel-types better.
jirachi has calm mind with psychic as its stab, aura sphere for dark-types like incineroar and thunderbolt as coverage for mantine, doublade and
araquanid. keldeo is the sub+cm-set with leftis to help its longevity behind the sub and its dual-stab in secret sword and scald. talonflame has heavy-duty-boots to prevent rocks damage furthermore it has bulk up to help its physical side a little bit and its dual-stab combination in flare blitz and brave bird. last but not least it has roost to maintain some longevity during the battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)