USM Ubers Analysis Index

I'll do Mega Gyarados once I am back from trip.

No I am not taking a fucking break.

Edit: Apple will suck until they remove autocorrect

Last edited:
Melee Mewtwo returns from the shadow realm and has joined the QC team! For those unfamiliar with him, he was one of the Ubers C&C leaders and QC members back in the XY era and has plenty of experience with C&C related matters. Many of us in QC have seen his USM knowledge and play via UPL and therefore these traits have us believe he is a good addition to the team. Welcome him back!

After 30 minutes of shitposting, memeing, nickname-changing, and triggering on Discord, got an approval for Arceus-Water revamp

Information about regular Kyogre is mentioned in Other Options for Primal Kyogre's analysis on the dex site and it clarifies that regular Kyogre is hard to justify. This goes to the same for Groudon.
The parallel between these two mons is not valid: regular Groudon is a D rank (having no niche and totally outclassed by the other ubers), nothing to do with regular Kyogre which is apparently a minimum viable since it's middle C rank (otherwise they would be at the same level). So, this totally justifies a scarf/specs moveset in its analysis (as in ORAS), which is much more than just a mention in Other Options.

Last edited:
The parallel between these two mons is not valid: regular Groudon is a D rank (having no niche and totally outclassed by the other ubers), nothing to do with regular Kyogre which is apparently a minimum viable since it's middle C rank (otherwise they would be at the same level). So, this totally justifies a scarf moveset in its analysis (as in ORAS), which is much more than just a mention in Other Options.
What I meant by mentioning Groudon is that Groudon too has its base forme mentioned in the analysis but is considered unviable similarly to regular Kyogre forme mentioned in Primal Kyogre dex page.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/kyogre/ said:
  • A more niche option is to forgo Blue Orb and run a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs set with Water Spout. However, both of these sets are threatened by Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, as they remove its rain. Kyogre's low Speed tier also means that it's easily weakened or revenge killed by faster Pokemon that are able to weaken its Water Spout.
Determining whether Choice Scarf Kyogre deserves its own set or not isn't in my domain. Try talking to QC team (preferably Nayrz).

I have brought up the idea that regular Kyogre is OO yet ranked C as weird internally but I'm still unsure if its worth our resources to make a choice set for the site because it is still very niche.

List is updated.

I'll do Arceus-Poison

edit: i'll drop Arceus-Steel and see about getting Yveltal done instead - it is of a higher importance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)