USM Ubers Analysis Index

I'll go over the suggestions. As a general note, the lower ranked mons' analyses are lower on our priority list for review / changes while we bring the top mons to today's meta, so the small EV changes on those will be left until we actually sweep their analyses.

- Aegislash: Leftovers
I figured this was already on the analysis somewhere but its mentioned without actually being there... will add to the to-do list

- Arceus-Water, Arceus-Dragon: Should survive 2 Pdon Eruptions from full (24 spd)
yes

- Arceus-Grass: Slash Grassium Z if the team has no other Z user
I think this is a difficult justification when it has no real targets and adds to opportunity cost - without Meadow Plate it can't OHKO Kyogre after rocks or 2HKO a decently bulky Groudon. would pass on this one

- Arceus-Ground: Should survive 1 Pdon Eruption from full (24 spd)
reasonable

- Arceus-Poison: Should be 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe to live +2 Xern Thunder into +2 Thunder after a Calm Mind boost
if it gets 2 absolute max rolls it deserves it... but yes

- Bronzong: Should get analysis
- Able to role compress checking Fairies and Ground-types which is hard to do otherwise because of how good Ground / Fairy coverage is
- Checks CM Arc-Ground, unlike Necrozma
- Handles SD Arc-Ground (even w/ Sub), dual dance Pdon better than Skarm/Celes thanks to its Rock resistance. Able to break Sub w/ Gyro Ball
- However, lack of recovery and more vulnerable to Mgar trapping because of typing/passivity

if this makes it to the VR next update then sure, its been mentioned a bunch internally and likely worthwhile

- Celesteela: 252 HP
sure

- Deo-S: 248 HP
- Mention Knock Off, Twave

248 vs 252 on a suicide lead is whatever imo. those 2 moves have fringe benefits that i'll need to go over w qc once we reach the deo-s analysis

- Diancie: Move HB to OO. Mention Explosion to prevent Defog/Rapid Spin. Hasty is probably better since it's most commonly used as a switch-in to Yveltal.
hasty is probably worth a slash but taking the physical hits (ho-oh/mence/ekiller) is important as well, arguably more so to me.

- Ditto: The builder is auto-inserting 0 Attack IVs which causes it to be HP Psychic, put 29 Attack IVs or explicitly 31 IVs so it carries over and stays HP Ice.
will fix at the time, good catch

- Gengar: Mention that Sub enables it to evade Pursuit trapping on the turn it Mega evolves, letting it get 1/more kills even if there is a Pursuit user on the opp's team
makes sense but 1+ kills is game dependent so i wouldnt word it like that

- Giratina-O: Should survive 2 Pdon Eruptions from full (248 hp / 52 spd)
this was already on my to-do list since mid upl so yes

- Groudon
- Mixed SR should have 254 speed, 263 with Rock Tomb to outspeed Unec after drop
- Mixed RP: 264 speed to outspeed Gengar/Unec with Sticky Webs on your side
- SR + SD: Should have 8 HP to survive 0 atk Pdon Pblades, 254/306 speed or 263 w/ Rock Tomb
- RP + SD: Should have 8 HP, 264 speed

The thing about Groudon atm is that it should be relatively slow or max because the speed benefits in the middle (the 254-264 area) are kinda whatever. Basically every set besides defensive SR can go 254, 264, or 306 for different reasons and in a single sweep that's too much prose to add - 10+ other analyses were waiting. i'll think more about this with qc.

- Ho-oh
- CB should not have even HP number
- CB should always survive 2 CCs from Mega Lucario (36 def)
- LO and CB should have the same spreads?

i lean towards yes for same spreads on lo/cb, the base 90 tier is getting really silly with speed atm. even hp number seems weird to chase when ho-oh has regenerator anyway, no?

- Kyogre: Physical should be 76 Def / 180 Atk / 252 Spe to live 0 Atk Pdon Pblades after 2 SR switchins, lives 252 Jolly Pdon Pblades after 1 switchin, lives 252+ Pblades from full, Salamence Double-Edge/Lucario CC, etc
- Base atk is high so not much difference in damage output

would need to give more thought because physical kyogre really needs the attack for arc/pdon rolls.

- Magearna: Slash Normalium Z, mention Sassy/16 Spe as an option for teams with few Toxic immunities so you can absorb Toxic from Bliss/Chans, Alomuk Knock Off, Celes Leech, etc and pivot out slowly
slashing normalium would need more thoughts because it has big costs (no ultra/alternative breaker options) but will consider. i tend to avoid underspeeding arguments on fat mons because from the analysis perspective - whats stopping them going slower to counteract you? this came up back when we debated putting mag slower to volt on another mag, but reverse speed creep is a thing and we avoid it like regular creep and let the players opt into these optimisations themselves, understanding the slippery slope.

- Marshadow (and various other LO pokes like Reshiram/Shaymin-S): 29 HP IVs to minimize LO recoil
this is generally case by case and id have to break out the ancient jibaku article to check if these are all valid which puts anyone to sleep. if i remember to check them at the time i will.

- Mewtwo X: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe to survive +2 Ekiller ESpeed after switching into rocks as base forme Mewtwo
- Use Naive w/ Ice Beam to OHKO uninvested Zyg and have a favorable chance to OHKO 252 HP Zyg
- Zen Headbutt should be mandatory so you're not walled by pex/gar/fairies

sure

- Muk: Remove Def EVs, Superpower's Attack drop makes them irrelevant
4 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Superpower over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Muk-Alola: 383-453 (92.5 - 109.4%) -- 43.8% chance to 2HKO
half-right. def evs do help but not consistently. will prob revise when we get this far down

- Necrozma-DM
- Ultra SD: 216 Atk / 32 Def / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
- Add Ultra SR set

ultra sr is coming with the revamp (might just be set additions but undecided)

- Sableye: 248 HP
see above article comment

- Salamence
- 136 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 212 Spe should be suggested for Sub, prevents defensive Zygarde from breaking w/ TA

having 2 spreads for a super niche variant already is too many imo.

- Scizor
- Curse should be mentioned alongside/instead of SD, w/ spread of 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD Relaxed to tank +2 Unec LTBTS after rocks

would be the first thing to address when we get here

- Slowbro should be 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD to live 2 consec Overheats from max spa Pdon
most likely.

- Tapu Koko: Offensive utility should be 24 HP / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to live 2 Modest Scarf Yveltal DP from full and minimize SR damage
jibaku x3

- Toxapex: 248 HP, slash Shuca Berry
jibaku x4, shuca seems pretty bad though. whats it practically doing for pex?

- Venusaur: More specially defensive spread (252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD Sassy, 19 Spe IVs) to handle special Ogre better. Lives +2 Xern Psyshock, underspeeds Mage so Leech goes after Volt
- Power Whip should be primary option to deal more damage to Ogre, esp CM Ogre / Geo Xern

i'd have to find a venusaur user to confirm the ogre/move idea but the reverse speed creep argument applies to that spread.

- Xerneas: 164 Def / 224 SpA / 120 Spe
- Lives Jolly Dusk Sunsteel / 2 LO Spectrals from full
- Outspeeds Gengar/Unec after boosting if Sticky Webs is set on your side

this slipped past me despite us using it in upl (120 spe). will consider the others

- Yveltal
- Scarf should have 32 def to live Unec Stone Edge from full
- Stallbreaker/Physdef should have 248 HP to get more SR switchins

sure. jibaku x5

- Zygarde
- Coil and Yache Berry should be slashed on defensive set. Dragon Tail should be 2ndary option or deleted
- Z-Outrage should be mentioned on DD

dropping leftovers on defensive zyg is nuts, yache is a bandaid to the special pdon issues that a defensive zyg team should be covering anyway (ho-oh, arc-water, etc). coil should probably exist here in some way though yes. z-outrage already exists on the dd set - look closer.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Nayrz
- Arceus-Grass: Slash Grassium Z if the team has no other Z user
I think this is a difficult justification when it has no real targets and adds to opportunity cost - without Meadow Plate it can't OHKO Kyogre after rocks or 2HKO a decently bulky Groudon. would pass on this one
Ah, I forgot that using a Z-crystal lowers the BP when you use the move normally. Ignore this then.
- Ditto: The builder is auto-inserting 0 Attack IVs which causes it to be HP Psychic, put 29 Attack IVs or explicitly 31 IVs so it carries over and stays HP Ice.
will fix at the time, good catch
Thanks. Something to note is that if you explicitly put 31 IVs it stays that way in your builder, but when you click Export it omits them, and the next person who copies your team from a Pokepaste will get 0 IVs; the most practical solution is probably to give the set 29 IVs.
- Gengar: Mention that Sub enables it to evade Pursuit trapping on the turn it Mega evolves, letting it get 1/more kills even if there is a Pursuit user on the opp's team
makes sense but 1+ kills is game dependent so i wouldnt word it like that
Yeah, just add "potentially"
- Kyogre: Physical should be 76 Def / 180 Atk / 252 Spe to live 0 Atk Pdon Pblades after 2 SR switchins, lives 252 Jolly Pdon Pblades after 1 switchin, lives 252+ Pblades from full, Salamence Double-Edge/Lucario CC, etc
- Base atk is high so not much difference in damage output

would need to give more thought because physical kyogre really needs the attack for arc/pdon rolls.
What surprised me when comparing calcs w/ this spread and the standard one is that the removed Attack EVs barely seem to make a difference. All of these have their damage affected by only 1-2%:
  • 180+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 170-200 (45 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 178-210 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

• 180+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 188-222 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 180+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 180 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 188-222 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 180 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 196-232 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 180+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 148-176 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 156-184 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

• 180+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Fairy in Heavy Rain: 210-247 (47.2 - 55.6%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyogre-Primal Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Fairy in Heavy Rain: 217-256 (48.8 - 57.6%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
Meanwhile the defense investment seems to make a huge difference and shaves about 8% off these rolls.
  • 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Kyogre-Primal: 277-327 (81.2 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

• 0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Kyogre-Primal: 217-256 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 235-277 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Kyogre-Primal: 252-297 (73.9 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 273-322 (80 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Kyogre-Primal: 284-336 (83.2 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 308-364 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

• 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Kyogre-Primal: 280-331 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 306-360 (89.7 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
- Magearna: Slash Normalium Z, mention Sassy/16 Spe as an option for teams with few Toxic immunities so you can absorb Toxic from Bliss/Chans, Alomuk Knock Off, Celes Leech, etc and pivot out slowly
slashing normalium would need more thoughts because it has big costs (no ultra/alternative breaker options) but will consider. i tend to avoid underspeeding arguments on fat mons because from the analysis perspective - whats stopping them going slower to counteract you? this came up back when we debated putting mag slower to volt on another mag, but reverse speed creep is a thing and we avoid it like regular creep and let the players opt into these optimisations themselves, understanding the slippery slope.
I suggested this because I figured it would be consistent with what was done for Scizor, only reason I didn't suggest 0 IVs was so that it retains some "sweeping" potential after stealing Xern boosts (although that rarely if ever happens). Is there any particular reason to treat Scizor differently than this?
- Toxapex: 248 HP, slash Shuca Berry
jibaku x4, shuca seems pretty bad though. whats it practically doing for pex?
You can safely stay in on Arceus-Ground and use Toxic as they remove your tspikes. Also (in my experience at least) it can be hard to properly deal with mixed RP pdon on pex teams, since you're using pex as the bulky water and common partners like Ferrothorn/Zygarde-C are weak to it, so this helps with that.
- Zygarde
- Coil and Yache Berry should be slashed on defensive set. Dragon Tail should be 2ndary option or deleted
- Z-Outrage should be mentioned on DD

dropping leftovers on defensive zyg is nuts, yache is a bandaid to the special pdon issues that a defensive zyg team should be covering anyway (ho-oh, arc-water, etc). coil should probably exist here in some way though yes. z-outrage already exists on the dd set - look closer.
Well you don't really want to switch your Ho-oh/Arc-Water into pdon until you're sure it's not Rock Tomb / SD. There are also other things Yache helps with, like HP Ice Marshadow, getting free glare on supportceus, Kyogre if you have a pdon in the back, etc. Perhaps relegate to OO at least?

We should definitely include Coil otherwise the claim that it checks stuff like Salamence is an outright lie. I've seen RestTalkCoil as well as RestCoilGlare, so maybe it can be slashed with both Sleep Talk and Glare.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Since no one else is biting I'll also do Band Yveltal (already marked bulky scarf as QC ready, so will create a new post)

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I think the Deoxys-A analysis is in need of a revamp. There seems to be a lot of inaccurate/misleading information along with important stuff that's left out.
  • The recommended set is ineffective because no one is using LO on non-psyspam teams, due to how easy it is to revenge kill with priority from Marshadow/Yveltal. LO should instead be slashed as the secondary item next to Focus Sash.
  • A Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks set with Psychic, Dark Pulse, and Ice Beam should be added since it's very common on psyspam teams.
  • In checks:
    • Why aren't Magearna and Mega Scizor mentioned in Steel-types???
    • Mention that Tyranitar/Darkceus wall sets that lack a Fighting-type move, Alolan Muk hard walls every variant, and Yveltal isn't a safe switch-in because of Ice Beam.
    • Add Lunala to Choice Scarf users and mention that it/Yveltal can come in on predicted Psychic-type attacks.
Inaccurate:
  • Overview: "It provides great matchups versus offense and some balance teams, as it lacks switch-ins."
    • Not true, Dusk Mane/Magearna are great switchins that are found on a lot of teams. It's not necessarily great against offense unless you're running psyspam, since it's easily revenged by common priority users like Marshadow.
  • Moves: "Dark Pulse can hit opposing Psychic-types such as the Necrozma formes and Lugia; it also hits Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar."
    • Lunala is an important mention that was omitted here. Also, Mega Gengar isn't the greatest example since Psycho Boost hits it anyway; it should either end with "without lowering special attack" or Aegislash should be mentioned too.
  • Usage Tips: "Against teams with Pressure, one must be wary of how many Psycho Boosts can be used in battle. Timing and prioritizing threats are important for Deoxys-A to effectively do its job."
    • This just seems super random to mention. There aren't a lot of viable Pokemon with Pressure and most of them wouldn't switch in to Deoxys-A in the first place.
  • OO: "Knock Off can cripple a Pokemon by removing its item and punish any switch-ins. This helps Deoxys-A with the matchup against foes such as Lugia and the Necrozma formes."
    • Doesn't explain how it's different from Dark Pulse (also good for Choice Scarf Yveltal, but does less for Z-Move Dusk, etc.)
  • "However, Superpower is preferred, since it already hits hard and doesn't rely on weight factors for damage."
    • This states the obvious and doesn't tell me why Superpower is better than Low Kick. It should say because it does more to Magearna and Chansey.
  • "A Naive nature allows Deoxys-A to outspeed neutral natured slower Choice Scarf users such as Kyurem-W and Landorus-T"
    • I don't think I have to explain this lol
Missing:
  • Overview: Explain how it differs from Ultra Necrozma/Mewtwo Y as a fast wallbreaker (worse bulk and walled by common Steel-types, but has better speed and doesn't take up Z-Move/Mega slot)
  • Moves: In my opinion Extreme Speed should be moved to OO, since if Deoxys-A is used on non-psyspam teams it would need to use Sash, which makes the move pretty weak. Also, no Dark Pulse makes it complete Dusk bait.
  • Team Options: Other Pokemon that benefit from psyspam support, like Ultra Necrozma/Mewtwo Y, should be mentioned within Tapu Lele bullet
  • GeoXern/Naga/other stuff that wants Dusk weakened should be mentioned
  • OO: Mention Pursuit as an option for trapping Mega Gengar
  • Spikes is a good option on AoA set for taking advantage of forced switches, a lot of checks besides Yveltal/Celesteela/Lugia are Spikes weak

I think the Deoxys-A analysis is in need of a revamp. There seems to be a lot of inaccurate/misleading information along with important stuff that's left out.
  • The recommended set is ineffective because no one is using LO on non-psyspam teams, due to how easy it is to revenge kill with priority from Marshadow/Yveltal. LO should instead be slashed as the secondary item next to Focus Sash.
  • A Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks set with Psychic, Dark Pulse, and Ice Beam should be added since it's very common on psyspam teams.
  • In checks:
    • Why aren't Magearna and Mega Scizor mentioned in Steel-types???
    • Mention that Tyranitar/Darkceus wall sets that lack a Fighting-type move, Alolan Muk hard walls every variant, and Yveltal isn't a safe switch-in because of Ice Beam.
    • Add Lunala to Choice Scarf users and mention that it/Yveltal can come in on predicted Psychic-type attacks.
Inaccurate:
  • Overview: "It provides great matchups versus offense and some balance teams, as it lacks switch-ins."
    • Not true, Dusk Mane/Magearna are great switchins that are found on a lot of teams. It's not necessarily great against offense unless you're running psyspam, since it's easily revenged by common priority users like Marshadow.
  • Moves: "Dark Pulse can hit opposing Psychic-types such as the Necrozma formes and Lugia; it also hits Ghost-types such as Mega Gengar."
    • Lunala is an important mention that was omitted here. Also, Mega Gengar isn't the greatest example since Psycho Boost hits it anyway; it should either end with "without lowering special attack" or Aegislash should be mentioned too.
  • Usage Tips: "Against teams with Pressure, one must be wary of how many Psycho Boosts can be used in battle. Timing and prioritizing threats are important for Deoxys-A to effectively do its job."
    • This just seems super random to mention. There aren't a lot of viable Pokemon with Pressure and most of them wouldn't switch in to Deoxys-A in the first place.
  • OO: "Knock Off can cripple a Pokemon by removing its item and punish any switch-ins. This helps Deoxys-A with the matchup against foes such as Lugia and the Necrozma formes."
    • Doesn't explain how it's different from Dark Pulse (also good for Choice Scarf Yveltal, but does less for Z-Move Dusk, etc.)
  • "However, Superpower is preferred, since it already hits hard and doesn't rely on weight factors for damage."
    • This states the obvious and doesn't tell me why Superpower is better than Low Kick. It should say because it does more to Magearna and Chansey.
  • "A Naive nature allows Deoxys-A to outspeed neutral natured slower Choice Scarf users such as Kyurem-W and Landorus-T"
    • I don't think I have to explain this lol
Missing:
  • Overview: Explain how it differs from Ultra Necrozma/Mewtwo Y as a fast wallbreaker (worse bulk and walled by common Steel-types, but has better speed and doesn't take up Z-Move/Mega slot)
  • Moves: In my opinion Extreme Speed should be moved to OO, since if Deoxys-A is used on non-psyspam teams it would need to use Sash, which makes the move pretty weak. Also, no Dark Pulse makes it complete Dusk bait.
  • Team Options: Other Pokemon that benefit from psyspam support, like Ultra Necrozma/Mewtwo Y, should be mentioned within Tapu Lele bullet
  • GeoXern/Naga/other stuff that wants Dusk weakened should be mentioned
  • OO: Mention Pursuit as an option for trapping Mega Gengar
  • Spikes is a good option on AoA set for taking advantage of forced switches, a lot of checks besides Yveltal/Celesteela/Lugia are Spikes weak
Hard disagree, on many things. First off, sash is a joke on deo-a. second off, varients either have dark pulse or superpower garunteed, so mag/dusk mane are really not huge issues. Also, life orb is a huge boost to deoxys attack because, lets be real, my guy wont live a single attack in the first place and with all the viable pressure on defoggers can prevent you from using sash.
Heres some reasons LO should always be used:
4 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 166-196 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Dark Pulse vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 222-263 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 367-432 (93.3 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela: 207-244 (52.1 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia: 247-291 (59.3 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Also, from what you said earlier, "Also, Mega Gengar isn't the greatest example since Psycho Boost hits it anyway;", which is stupid. If you have dark pulse, it is more consistent and doesnt force you to switch out afterwords. And mentioning aegi is useless, bc nobody uses the thing. You use dark pulse for a more consistent MU vs Lunala, Mega Gengar, and Dusk mane. Also, mega sciz and mag arent mentioned bc they have a tendency to be worn down, and dont wanna eat big attacks such as a predicted superpower. Also, it very much DOES have an amazing balance/offense MU bc nothing in the tier wants to switch into it. Its offenses are so high they risk being KO'd by a predicted move heading their way. Also, nasty 3 attacks sounds awful. It relies entirely on being able to safely achieve a nasty plot in the first place, while being walled by chansey. Also, going without psycho boost on psyspam deo-a is a mistake, since it reaches so much more KO potential than psychic itself. Lets look at it WITHOUT BOOSTS.

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 321-380 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn in Psychic Terrain: 203-239 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 226-265 (65.6 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 12 SpD Lunala in Psychic Terrain: 292-344 (70.3 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia in Psychic Terrain: 214-253 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I think its safe to say Deoxys attack doesnt need boosts, it is quite destructive on its own.

As it stands there are only 4 QC members and the generation is ending so we would prefer to keep work that isn't absolutely necessary to a minimum while we wait for SS and go recruiting. I would be fine with a Deoxys-A revamp though, so I'll add it to the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)