Status
Not open for further replies.

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Zydog + Spikes Rose ParaSpam
:cobalion: :zygarde-10%: :hatterene: :mandibuzz: :roserade: :rotom-wash:
(Click on the sprites for team importable)
Hello, I think I have never made a post on this project, these days I had been exploring on my teambuilder and I run out of ideas for a moment and looked at this project and decided to take the chance :]
I decided while building this team go for the route of multiple direct paralysis inducers instead of moves with paralysis chance like Body Slam, rather than abuse the paralysis with a slow wallbreaker, I decided to make this team the most annoying as posible. Cobalion provides a fast Stealth Rock setter while also being a great pivot vs Scizor, Thunder Wave also lets u be the most annoying as posible with hazard removers like Salamence and Moltres, while keeping the chance of not being able to remove hazards. Rotom-Wash provides usefull utility on a pivot vs steel types and also a defensive Fire resist, also lures on Grass and other bulky Water types and can bring via Volt Switch Roserade. Talking about Roserade, Roserade is perfect to pressure mons that are capable to deal with Zydog and Washtom like Slowking, Tangrowth and Amoonguss and provides the team with a Keldeo check, Stun Spore allows to annoy like Cobalion, entry hazard removers, but Roserade has the characteristic to also deal with Mandibuzz via Sludge Bomb poison, the ev spread lets u outspeed standar Mandibuzz and be as bulky as posible to 1v1 it and deal with Keldeo, on this team Roserade can as well run Synthesis > Stun Spore, and I consider that being a better option but since the tematic of the team is a ParaSpam I kept Stun Spore, but Stun Spore keeps being useful!. Originally I was using a Hydreigon on this team, but noticed I was having serius troubles with Excadrill, Gyarados, Hydreigon and opp Zydog, so I decided to swap it with a Mandibuzz, you might notice this Mandibuzz is sligtly faster than the standar, and there is a reason to, the Speed allows you to outspeed standar Autotomize Celesteela, so you can Knock Off first so it takes for it 2 turns to use Meteor Beam and then, pivot into something else depending on what move decided to use, Knock Off also provides a way to remove Boots so Spikes get even more annoying. Zydog provides a fast wallbreker and Ground type, abuses Spikes perfectly, and can also take advantage of Paralyzed targets, since stuff like Salamence and Slowking will have the chance to not move, allowing Zydog to repeatedly click Tarrows fishing for a Paralysis, also Washtom paralyzing Zarude helps so it gets an even harder time switching on it, I decided to go Toxic > Superpower so I have an easier time dealing with Hippowdown. Last but not least Hatterene, I was having troubles fitting a hazard remover while keeping my offensive pressure good, so instead I gave up on it and decided to slap Hatterene, as it lets me not have to worry about Skarm spikes teams and provides a good win condition, and the team isn't rocks weak either so it is fine, Hatterene can also abuse of Paralyzed targets, as it lets it outspeed Defensive pokemon like Celesteela and Tangrowth, while also having the chance to get more Calm Mind boost on a full para on the opponent.
Hope you like the squad :]

Last edited:
Congrats to Corperate n and thanks for the submissions! Next up, we have something different:

:ss/mudsdale: Dark Horse Week :ss/spectrier:

This week's theme is a tribute to the Dark Horse project that has been previously hosted in past generations. The only rule for this week will be that your team must include ONE "dark horse" Pokemon - that is, a Pokemon not currently ranked on the Viability Rankings. I'm leaving the choice of which mon to include and what style to use completely up to you otherwise - this is a chance to show off your building creativity and/or a Pokemon you think has potential in the current metagame. That being said, I'm not asking you to throw a LC mon on a regular UU team and call it a day - you should absolutely still be trying to create the most competitively viable team possible. Good luck!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • The team must include ONE, and ONLY ONE, Pokemon not currently ranked on the Viability Rankings.
Submission Deadline:
  • Sunday, July 24, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4).

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Eldegross Stall
:Quagsire: :Eldegoss: :Slowbro-galar: :Chansey: :Skarmory: :Salamence:

Teambuilding Explanation
:Quagsire: - Quagsire walls most of the common physical set up users in the metagame such as scizor, salamence and azumarill. With the help of stockpile, it raises its defensive capability as it enables it to tank a hit from a non boosted power whip from gyarados, as well as improving mixed cloyster and CM Haterenee matchups; Although, Slowbro Galar does a better job at countering its cm set.

:Eldegoss: - Eldegoss, forming a formidable regen core with galar slowbro enables the team to deal with cm and specs sets of keldeo. Cotton guard on the other hand boosts its physical defense by three stages which allows it to tank most of the common physical attackers in the metagame as well as crawdaunt with the exception of conkeldurr and salamence; all the while serving as the cleric for the team which frees up a slot for chansey to have toxic.

:Slowbro-galar: - Slowbro-Galar with safety goggles invalidates spore which allows it to freely switch into amoongus and freely set up or use sludge bomb for the chance to poison krookodile on the switch in. Slowbro Galar also improves matchups vs cm hatterene and allows to scout uncommon sets with giga drain as well as cm prim, while forcing it out with the cm sludge bomb set.

:Chansey: - Chansey Fat pink blob no explanation needed. Chansey walls most of the common beam users such as steela and nihilego, as well as special wallbreakers such as nidoking, primarina and etc.

:Skarmory: - Skarmory with the standard iron defense body press set with spikes to deal with pif spread 140 speed invest to improve crawdaunt matchups. Skarm walls dd gyarados with iron defense body press, as well as Bulky up zarude which is pretty much a given.

:Salamence: - Salamence forms a formidable core with skarmory to deal with common pivots and defoggers such as scizor and moltres, as well as improving ice punch conk matchups. Bold salamence with 252 hp and 200 def invest improves its defensive capabilities and enables it to tank facades better as opposed to running bulky timid. Lastly, if quagsire is low and is in range of band zygarde, skarm can scout outrage or arrows from zygarde which then provides a free entry for salamence into a possible double into skarmory to roost back depending on the situation. Although, in most cases roosting up is more ideal.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/9b7daca809e0b80d

:zygarde-10%::salamence::thundurus-therian::milotic::azumarill::excadrill:

A demonic Milotic set that sets up with incredible mixed bulk and tries to sweep in post Aegislash meta, steel types look like they wall you and they kind of do but they don't switch in for a while not realizing you lack scald and by then you can boost through them, you pretty easily beat Scizor without SD for example and Cobalion even if it has SD if you can boost before it comes in. You beat regen grasses easily.

Mence doesn't need defog with Exca spin support, av azu is random but okay i guess, Zygarde is a very solid mon for speed control, thundurus is nice for pressure.

:Haxorus:Haxorus DragMag Offense:Haxorus:

https://pokepast.es/8dfc0e122f2231c2

:Salamence::Haxorus::Magneton::Excadrill::Azumarill::Azelf:

This team is built around DD Salamence. Magneton is there to remove steels, and then we have SD Poison Jab Haxorus to break through fairies. Went with Excadrill as the lead here to hopefully keep hazards off, allowing Salamence and Haxorus to run Life Orb. Azumaril is there to stack on the physical threats, and provide some priority. Lastly I went with Azelf for a bit of speed control and some pivoting, with Expert Belt for a little extra damage. Haxorus is really strong, and can really start rolling if it gets a speed boost, or at least blow open holes for Salamence to sweep.

Swords Dance Decidueye Bulky Offense

https://pokepast.es/099122741c599f65

:nihilego: :salamence: :diggersby: :decidueye::keldeo: :celesteela:

I got the idea to use Decidueye from using /randomepoke, but after copying its Swords Dance set from NU, I think it has some potential in UU. Decidueye can threaten multiple pokemon in the tier with its two stab moves, and also has the ability revenge kill targets at low health with shadow sneak. It can easily come in on pokemon like Skarmory(unless it's the rare brave bird skarmory), Hippowdon, Slowking, and Rotom Wash, and with there being very few resists to Poltergeist, if you can easily break holes in the opposing team during the early to mid game, and it is a solid option for a win condition.

Keldeo is here to help deal with dark types that would give Decidueye trouble, can threaten deter hydreigon from coming onto the field, and also acts as a great wallbreaker which can break holes and allow Decidueye to clean up weakened teams in the late game.

Celesteela provides excellent defensive utility, and with leech seed and toxic it can wear down the opposing team and allow for Decidueye and Keldeo to be much more threatening.

Diggersby is here to provide necessary speed control, and also to pivot and potentially bring Decidueye in safely.

Nihilego is a great stealth rock setter as always, and helps deal with flying types that Decidueye would struggle with.

And finally we have salamence, which is a great hazard remover, and helps deal with the biggest offensive threat in the tier, Cobalion.

Overall I feel that this is a balanced team that helps support Decidueye, and I also feel that Decidueye has potential to be a solid wallbreaker.

Last edited:
Assault Vest Goodra BO

:ss/goodra: :ss/hippowdon: :ss/amoonguss:
:ss/scizor: :ss/azelf: :ss/keldeo:

Hi there! Not posted on forums in a while, but after seeing this weeks prompt I figured I'd go digging for gold, and found goodra, everyone's (least) favourite pseudo.

Goodras uniquely incredible mix of godlike special bulk, incredible special coverage, and sap sipper to absorb sleep powder and spore makes it an interesting idea, using AV to check the likes of the Nidos, Nihilego, Thundurus T, and the Rotoms. I am using draco meteor for great neutral damage and to hilariously beat the likes of mence 1 on 1, fire blast to cover the tiers steels and grasses, and thunderbolt to deal significant damage to waters like slowking, Primarina and azumarill. Dragon tail last allows it to rack up damage with rocks on the likes of chansey or other special walls that give it a tough time, and allows it to force out boosted sweepers like registeel and Nihilego in dire situations.

To complete the defensive core I've gone with hippo and Amoonguss, with goodra massively appreciating their ability to sponge physical attackers it does not enjoy facing such as Scizor, Cobalion, Zydog, and Excadrill, although it can beat many of these 1 on 1. Scizor is this teams next addition, benefitting greatly from the pressure Goodra puts on defensive grasses and steels, whilst also rounding out the teams defensive contributions. Azelf and Keldeo finish the team, providing important speed control, making progress for sciz, and helping put pressure on mons like Celesteela or Skarmory, the former being a difficult mon for any of the team to 1v1, and the latter setting spikes that greatly cripple Goodras longevity.

Whilst building with Goodra I have come to realise to appreciate its versatility, and whilst it doesn't feel exactly splashable, I think it has some traits that could make it shine in this metagame. Even if not with this team, I'd love to see some experimentation with this guy, and to potentially make it into the VR!

https://pokepast.es/a64419a2fd518eab

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Kings and Queens Bewear
:Bewear: :Primarina: :Thundurus-Therian: :Nihilego: :Hydreigon: :Scizor:

Bewear is actually kinda good rn if you consider good being beats every scizor set. Bewear has a huge attack stat and is very good at 1v1ing offensive threats like scizor and zarude and uh... scizor. Rest of the team is built to take fighting and fire type moves while using opposing scizor or other physical attacking mons as setup in order to sweep the enemy team. I didn't put a ground on this team, and I have defog on thundurus, and I don't have a regenerating grass type... but the team is kinda epic so I'd recommend it if you're looking for fun on ladder or something.

Dragalge BO

Specs Dragalge has barely any switch ins, as Draco Meteor does big damage to steels like Scizor, Coba, and Excadrill. Sludge Bomb prevents fairies from switching in freely. Hydro pump hits Hippo, and Flip turn lets Dragalge bring in teammates to deal with things like Chansey and Celesteela. Zydog lures in grasses for Dragalge and Moltres and provides a volt immunity and speed control. Moltres puts additional pressure on steels and helps check Scizor. Primarina checks Mence and Hydreigon, and Amoonguss checks opposing Prim. Cobalion sets rocks and checks Chansey.

Dragalge is hard to build around due to its low speed and little defensive utility, but it is usable as a wallbreaker. This team has some holes that I didn't have time to fix but it's still fun to use on ladder and nuke everything with draco.

https://pokepast.es/f8e032018bcb95b9

holy fucking shit!!! starfalcon555 making an underused teambuilding competition submission?!?!?!? what year is it, 2021?!?

n e wayzzzz

https://pokepast.es/459b9f93402098b2

:incineroar: :salamence: :amoonguss: :keldeo: :jirachi: :mamoswine:

so I decided to build around the pre-DLC king of UU and my favorite Pokemon of all time, Incineroar. in a UU where Scizor and Cobalion rule the roost and stuff like Skarmory, Zarude, Celesteela, etc. are also very common, Incineroar's Fire typing and Intimidate could make it a pick worth experimenting with imo. Incineroar's big Stealth Rock weakness pretty much necessitates a hazard remover, so Salamence was an obvious choice for the second team slot as the best Defogger in the tier. Amoonguss checks Pokemon like Hippowdon and the Waters that just take a big dumpy all over Incineroar. Keldeo is another Hippowdon check as well as a check to Excadrill and Nihilego, while also providing some much needed speed and forming an FWG core. Jirachi is the rocker and the cleric with Healing Wish, fixing another one of Incineroar's biggest weaknesses in a lack of recovery. finally, Mamoswine revenge kills stuff like Zydog, Thundy-T, and Hydreigon that trouble Incineroar and the rest of the team in general. this was a surprisingly easy team to build and covers Incineroar's weaknesses pretty well, and it feels pretty meta as well.

https://pokepast.es/7a0ca3c7b15be5f8

:bewear: :raikou: :scizor: :swampert: :amoonguss: :rotom-wash:

this team supports bewear which can go ham whenver its given free turns especially since it can SD and blow past pokemon such as amoonguss, tangrowth, celesteela, skarmory, hippowdown, etc. with fluffy it can also setup on pokemon such as zarude, scizor, diggersby locked into anything but eq, and maybe some more. Raikou and scizor are to be able to wear down foes and pivot it in, raikou also appreciates bewear being able to absolutely nuke amoonguss, tang, and hippo which are roadblocks for raikou. Scizor appreciates it being able to nuke skarmory which allows it to make much more progress against an enemy team. Amoonguss helps bewear get setup opportunities by sleeping foes and can make chcecking it hell by poisoning would be checks. Rotom-w is the deffoger of the team and allows the team to pivot into mamoswine better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)