Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition v2 - Week 63: Reuniclus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Permission Slip and thanks for the submissions! It's time for another oldgen...

:sm/scizor: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon UnderUsed :sm/latias:

USUM UU is a high-powered tier characterized by several dominant Pokemon, including Scizor, Latias, and Mega Altaria. Checking these Pokemon, as well as the many other offensive and defensive titans of the tier, requires careful consideration in the teambuilder and finesse in-game to manage your team. USUM UU is also home to Z-Moves, which make already dangerous threats even scarier, and can enable some Pokemon to overpower their checks. This tier can thus be a tough one to build in, but also a very enjoyable one to play once you understand how its Pokemon function. Let's see what you can come up with - best of luck!

Teambuilding Restrictions
  • The team should be built in the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon UnderUsed format.
  • You may not submit a previously-made sample team (see the resources below).
Resources
Submission Deadline: Sunday, July 2, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

https://pokepast.es/60a7d37910e58749

:blastoise-mega: :florges: :amoonguss: :hydreigon: :nidoqueen: :scizor:

this is build around mega blastoise. It is using ofensive set to be able to use its coverage to nuke other pokemon and compressed rapid spin for hazard removal. Florges is here to keep the team healthy with wishes especially mega blastoise who would recieve a ton from being statused to taking a lot of chip damage from trying to switch in and throw off attacks. Amoonguss helps keep waters in checks and is able to check scizor on the team via spore and hp fire. Hydreigon is the speed control of the team, great scarfer tbh and can pivot in mega blastoise in or scizor in to throw off attack against good matchups. Nidoqueen is the ground type and rocker of the team, it provides counterplay against mane spamming volt switch like no tomorrow, it is used over something like rhyperior as it helps the team force progress due to sheer power of sheer force. Scizor is here to help mega blastoise force progress on many special walls such as blissey, primarina, florges, and can generally force progress against teams.

Last edited:

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/57581be848471be2
:muk-alola: :slowbro: :gligar: :scizor: :mienshao: :rotom-heat:

Another slightly wacky team this time as a balance team. Wanted to build around A-Muk and Slowbro cus I never really see muk so I thought it'd be cool. Hazard control and toxic spread in rotom-h and gligar incase you need to stall out some mons. Speed control in regenerator Mienshao having a set practically out of bw. And scizor as a bulky pivot and prio with options to set up or anhilate dark types with savage spin-out. Muk can also wall and trap ghost types to help slowbro be able to set up and win.

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
:porygon2: :scizor: :mew: :amoonguss: :rotom-heat: :hydreigon:

https://pokepast.es/53fb7805c1749aea

I made this team to show off omniboosting p2 which i always thought was a fun mon to use. I think boltbeam recover is the best way to use it, cause you resist bullet punch, the coverage is good into most teams, and recover takes advantage of the good bulk received from the z move. The mon is actually very threatening to many teams, and can take advantage of some common pokes to set up. LO sciz with quick attack is good here because it can do big damage to some of p2's checks (heatom), and bring in mons that p2 can sometimes set up on like mega mane. Defensive mew has seen better days in this tier, but I think it's a bit underrated, and it works well on this team in particular. Amoonguss is the best glue mon ever and spore is broken. The oven gave this team a much more solid sciz answer than it had previously, as well as defog support. Scarf drei patched up some issues, especially speed. Some things to keep in mind while playing are that Z lati will always get a kill, and you just have to play around that fact, and porygon only hits 360 speed with a boost, meaning it's still slower than base 115 mons (which is sad). Enjoy!

Needed a tiebreaker vote for this one...
Untitled.png

Congrats to Permission Slip and thanks for the submissions! Next up, we have:

Hatterene

Hatterene is in a better spot in the current metagame than it has been in a while, being able to take advantage of Skarmory's proliferation with its Magic Bounce ability to repel Spikes and its double resistance to Fighting, making even a +6 Defense Body Press barely scratch it. Hatterene also has the natural bulk to be able to take on some weaker Steel-types like Scizor and Cobalion (as long as they aren't Attack boosted), and can become a threatening sweeper if given the opprtunity to set up Calm Minds in the right situation. Hatterene is however unfortunately burdened with a Dark neutrality, few resistances outside of Fighting, and extremely slow Speed, making it tough to get onto the field safely. Let's see if we can make some great teams to support it!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • The team must include Hatterene.
Submission Deadline:
  • Sunday, July 10, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4).

Hatterene Stall Hatterene Stall
:excadrill: :chansey: :hatterene: :skarmory: :umbreon: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/8b23a79e87324091

Excadrill + Hatter stall team wow insanity, This team makes use of Hatterenne as an interesting addition to stall completely owning Skarmory and its spikes while functioning as a wincon, general hazard control and progress maker. Chansey, Skarmory, Tangrowth are very standard on stall, ChansSkarm blanket checks almost everything and Tang covers weak spots like Keldeo, they also bring another wincon, knock off and cleric, very valuable roles for stall. Excadrill is an interesting and unconventional addition to stall, however the role compression it brings is incredibly valuable. Ground Type + Stealth Rock + Removal allows our skarmory to run spikes and our chansey to run Toxic to pressure the opponent even more, Drill also beats incredibly big threats to stall like NP Bell Togekiss, Slowbro-G, opposing Hatterene and Meteor Beam pain split Nihilego while being a volt blocker capable of owning the rotoms which would otherwise volt over the team. Because we are using hatter we don't have to worry about skarmory at all. Umbreon rounds off the team with a wish passer to keep drill and hat healthy while giving extra insurance versus DD Salamence, Gyarados and Mamoswine so that Skarmory doesn't get overwhelmed and another zydog switchin is cool too.

https://pokepast.es/548864b3d95b6f3e

:zarude-dada: :hatterene: :nihilego: :amoonguss: :moltres: :excadrill:

hatt owns skarmory which helps excadrill a lot in not having to worry as much and can double to hatt to take advantage of skarmory. Modest allows it to threaten a lot of mons especially at +1 and wear them down faster such as excadrill, celesteela, amoonguss, jirachi, etc. zarude is here for speed control and to deal with pokemon such as azelf, keldeo, +1 gyara, +1 mence, etc. Nihilego is here as a rocker, as it helps lure in steels to knock them off to make it easier for hatt to pressure steels, it also does hatt things. I prefer sludge wave over sludge bomb for a greater role on slowking to ko it at higher hp marks. Amoonguss helps hatt get setup opportunities as at +1 hatt is a terror to face and giving it free turns is scary. Moltres helps against steels such as drill, scizor, and can make setting up easier due to flame body. Exca is the steel and spinner of the team. It can lure in many pokemon with toxic that this team ld otherwise struggle with such as hippo, mence, slowking, tang, etc

https://pokepast.es/0a191a4aaa5928a6

The purpose of this team is to help enable Hatterene to come in and set up on other pokemon with the help of 3 pivots. Volt Switch on Cobalion is an option, but I decided to go with swords dance here to keep the team from becoming too passive. Moltres, Diggersby, and Slowking can all bring in Hatt safely, and Coba, Digg, and Molt all help hatterene agains steel types it might otherwise struggle with. Hatterene is also good at keeping hazards off of the field, and can just set up on most of the tier's spikes setters and stealth rockers. However if you aren't comfortable with not having actual removal options, you could always replace hurricane with defog on Moltres. I think this team works really well together, and can be quite effective.

Congrats to HydreigonTheChild and thanks for the submissions! Next up, we have a theme rather than a Pokemon:

Paraspam

Paralysis spam is a strategy that has existed since the very first generation, and is notable for enabling slow wallbreakers to mow through offensive Pokemon that would normally check them. UU has several Pokemon the can both facilitate and benefit from this strategy. Some examples of paralysis spreaders include Stun Spore Amoonguss, Thunder Wave Slowking, and Body Slam Jirachi. Some notable Pokemon that can take advantage of slowed opponents include Conkeldurr, Crawdaunt, and Alolan Marowak. While the strategy can be very effective, it can also be played around. Many Pokemon are naturally immune to certain paralyzing moves - Grass-types are unaffected by Stun Spore and Electric-types are unaffected by Thunder Wave, for example. Paralysis spam is also less effective into very bulky teams that are naturally slow anyway (though these will usually still have fast members that can be severely crippled by paralysis). Finally, some common UU Pokemon are capable of healing status conditions placed on them. For example, Chansey rids itself of status upon switching out thanks to Natural Cure, and Zarude can clear status and restore 25% HP in one go with Jungle Healing. Paraspam teams must therefore be built carefully to ensure they don't fall apart instantly if their targets are not paralyzed and to ensure that they can repeatedly inflict paralysis throughout a game. I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Teambuilding Restrictions:
  • The team should be built in the Sword and Shield UnderUsed format.
  • The team must include at least one Pokemon that can inflict paralysis.
Submission Deadline:
  • Sunday, July 17, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4).

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
:azumarill: :diggersby: :togekiss: :tangrowth: :cobalion: :rotom-wash:

pokepast.es/b24aaceff940cb16

This team captures the idea behind para spam pretty well, I think. It's got multiple options for spreading paralysis, including a strong body slam to prevent passivity, and some mons such as togekiss and azumarill that like having their foes parad even more than most pokemon do. The sets are all pretty self explanatory, with extra fire coverage to (shakily) patch a scizor weakness. I don't like defog washing machine very much, as losing wisp is simply terrible, but it fit. Similarly, I don't often run max speed rotom nowadays, but it makes nido easier to handle, since it might try to double in on obvious tang and cobalion switch ins. There are ways to emphasize the para spam, like changing azu to waterfall (lol) or coba to iron head, or even making it a jirachi, but there's no need to go that far. Please enjoy the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)