The Everything NFL Thread - Offseason 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
we haven't seen enough of Kolb to determine whether he is the next Rodgers or not, although Eagles management obviously seems to think so.

yeah it's kind of sad that the Niners win the division by default because all three other teams are rebuilding...the Cards are just a QB away now though.

All McNabbs gotta do is win some games for 2 or 3 seasons while The Shanahans decide on the QB of the future. We lost a 2nd rounder for McNabb but I see us just getting one right back for Campbell.

I guess Colt Brennan won't have a shot at starting after all. Dammit.

That's a surprise I thought for sure that the Redskins were going to draft Clausen after the Rams take Bradford (who I think is a terrible choice at #1 but I'm neither an NFL scout or GM so whatever). They might still do it and have him sit behind McNabb but I don't really see that happening with Jason Campbell still around.

Matt Leinart might surprise, maybe sitting and learning behind Warner has taught him a lot, humbled him and now he'll be able to live up to his potential. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All McNabbs gotta do is win some games for 2 or 3 seasons while The Shanahans decide on the QB of the future. We lost a 2nd rounder for McNabb but I see us just getting one right back for Campbell.
Campbell is worth a 5th rounder at best. No really, he sucks. He will never be a starter again for a contending team.

His entire arsenal is short passes and dumpoffs - he cannot throw the deep ball. He threw a fucking hail mary TEN YARDS OUT OF BOUNDS. I think a high school QB could at least keep a hail mary pass INBOUNDS in an NFL game.

He's a pure game manager, like Dilfer and Banks. He will never be anything more.

Campbell is worth a 5th rounder at best. No really, he sucks. He will never be a starter again for a contending team.

His entire arsenal is short passes and dumpoffs - he cannot throw the deep ball. He threw a fucking hail mary TEN YARDS OUT OF BOUNDS. I think a high school QB could at least keep a hail mary pass INBOUNDS in an NFL game.

He's a pure game manager, like Dilfer and Banks. He will never be anything more.
I think you're putting a little too much blame on Campbell, when you should also note that the Redskins have god awful coaching, game planning, and personnel. Campbell never had a single receiver that I would consider "good" play with him, and your remark of how "His entire arsenal is short passes and dumpoffs" is entirely related to the plays that were called... BY HIS COACHES. I figured as a Redskins fan you would be the first to note how terrible the management is for that team.

Insert rant about how the Vikings are going to get raped this year here (seriously though, 8-8 at best. I chuckled mightily at their offseason acquisitions: none)

Campbell in all likelihood is gonna be traded I think, remember the fit he threw when they tried grabbing Matt Cassel and Jay Cutler the other year? Now with McNabb in the picture, it's pretty clear he doesn't have any immediate future besides backup, and if they still draft Clausen (despite all their now other bigger needs they can address with McNabb at the helm), Campbell is definitely the odd man out.

I think Campbell could flourish somewhere else. I liked him he took what he could get. Behind a terrible line he was the leading rusher among quarterbacks. As far as his "arsenal" that you speak of, he was in the west coast offense that is based off of those short passes and dump offs.

Still, though, the Redskins aren't going to get much for Campbell, with teams expecting him to be cut before the start of the season anyway.

Campbell could go for a 4th, maybe a 3rd but definitely not a 2nd. Campbell isn't bad by any stretch but he's not a franchise QB. He has the physical tools but some intangibles are lacking. Yeah I'm sure he puts the work in but he can't win the respect of the team.

I see him going to Buffalo, Carolina or Oakland. That's about it though.

And 2 playoff games withstanding, Arizona still has the best offense, defense, coaching and front office in the division. I dunno where all this Niner hype is coming from. We'll see though, I do think they can be a playoff contender.

Also, in an offseason where teams are cutting salaries left and right in preparation for the contract negotiations, who are the Vikings supposed to pick up? They've spent the last 3 years splurging in FA and trades, and now you're bashing them for choosing to build through the draft? lol you're a joke dude.

lol, Niners have had the better Defense...and as I liked to point out, they did beat the Cards both times last year XD. Plus, they just lost Dockett and the other guy, and gained...Porter? lol... Offensively, eh, I'd say it's at a tie for now, as while the Cardinals have Fitzgerald, there's no more Warner, and Leinart is a Smith in the waiting I think. And of course, both Seahawks and Rams are joke teams meant to be steamrolled over..,

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you're putting a little too much blame on Campbell, when you should also note that the Redskins have god awful coaching, game planning, and personnel. Campbell never had a single receiver that I would consider "good" play with him, and your remark of how "His entire arsenal is short passes and dumpoffs" is entirely related to the plays that were called... BY HIS COACHES. I figured as a Redskins fan you would be the first to note how terrible the management is for that team.

Insert rant about how the Vikings are going to get raped this year here (seriously though, 8-8 at best. I chuckled mightily at their offseason acquisitions: none)
When did Joe Gibbs become a god-awful coach? Or Al Saunders?

Jason Campbell had a 0-4 stretch in the 2007 season (the year that Sean Taylor died). He gets hurt, then Todd Collins comes in and leads them to 4-0 and was the NFC offensive player of the month. Same team. Same coaching. Same personnel.

Jason Campbell is a horrible deep ball thrower, a bad decision-maker, and struggles to learn playbooks. EVERY coach that has ever coached him has spoke of the need of simplifying the offense for him...this persisted into his 4th year in the league. Zorn sucked as a coach but even he knew what Campbell couldn't do. protip: having a big arm doesn't mean you should be throwing bombs all the time. Ask Jamarcus Russell or Kyle Boller.

The bills will give him another shot, after that, he will be a backup struggling to stay in the NFL.

lol, Niners have had the better Defense...and as I liked to point out, they did beat the Cards both times last year XD. Plus, they just lost Dockett and the other guy, and gained...Porter? lol... Offensively, eh, I'd say it's at a tie for now, as while the Cardinals have Fitzgerald, there's no more Warner, and Leinart is a Smith in the waiting I think. And of course, both Seahawks and Rams are joke teams meant to be steamrolled over..,
My bad, you're right, statistically the Niners have a better D (Arizon ranked 15th, Niners ranked 4th). However, Dockett is still on the team (he just signed an extension last year i believe), they lost Karlos Dansby (their second best defensive player) to the Dolphins.

We'll see though. Personally I have faith in Leinart but you never know.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think Leinart will do alright behind the right line. He's had kind of a spotty career so far because he was never comfortable with his role as starter. Being yanked and reinserted Brady Quinn style does not help a QB's confidence at all. With Warner gone and nobody else challenging him for the starting position, I think Leinart has the potential to do well. All he has to do is get the ball near Fitz and he'll catch it anyway.

I was into Campbell for a long time but with the introduction of McNabb and all this talk of a leader. Looking back Campbell was just missing that one quality of a leader. Everyone can say they respected him as the leader of that team and all. But theres no way they went out into that huddle every game thinking he was going to lead them to a victory. McNabb comes with experience respect and leadership campbell could have never offered.

Oh, I thought they lost Dockett as well...well, I know they lost someone besides just Dansby, I think he was signed by the Giants but the name eludes me.

Also, could always have Derek Anderson challenging Leinart for the QB spot...now even that's a bad ideal, I'll give you that.

There's always 2 sides to a story with Ben; personally, I'd like to more believe that this was a case where someone else was making a false claim just to try and get money from Ben to keep her quiet. But of course, if that isn't the case...well, he'd better learn to clean up his act. Fame and money will only get you off on minor charges for so long...

Dude when it comes to class and upholding the law, the Steelers do not play any games. But FUCK YEAH Sanchez gets a new toy holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)