Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Yeah, thanks. I was looking for bold, to have a support one for VGC.

Also, I got a Rayquaza, 30/31/31/31/31/22 Naive. Is there any way it can be useful, or should I keep SRing? I don't know how Ray is used, and I really don't intend to play anything other than vgc, but as there was a time when cover legends were allowed, and there are some online tournaments with them, so I was thinking about doing it.
You honestly need perfect speed or 30 speed on ray(perfect at level 50), which really sucks. (I'm still going at that Ray when I have some free time or another.) So toss imo.

Thanks just saved I think thats as good as its going to get honestly lol
Omg you're so lucky. Only 4 hours? Haven't gotten anything close to that in 4 weeks, much less 4 hours. You're right that you probably won't get anything better. The best I got was 31 IV in all but special attack (which was 17) a while back, which frustrated me so much that I haven't tried since. Congrats! :)

Omg you're so lucky. Only 4 hours? Haven't gotten anything close to that in 4 weeks, much less 4 hours. You're right that you probably won't get anything better. The best I got was 31 IV in all but special attack (which was 17) a while back, which frustrated me so much that I haven't tried since. Congrats! :)
Yeah Thanks It was the longest i've tried in a long time and it seems to have payed off

I just wanted to check which Events I still haven't picked up at the Pokémon Center and somehow it's 31/31/31/31/31/26-27 but with an Adamant nature... I've been looking at sets over here at Smogon but they either seem to be mixed or special-based. Should I keep it anyway? :/

EDIT: And is this just a coincidence or does Diancie always have 5 31 IVs?

I just wanted to check which Events I still haven't picked up at the Pokémon Center and somehow it's 31/31/31/31/31/26-27 but with an Adamant nature... I've been looking at sets over here at Smogon but they either seem to be mixed or special-based. Should I keep it anyway? :/

EDIT: And is this just a coincidence or does Diancie always have 5 31 IVs?
Lmao that's so unfortunate :(. And no, they always have just 3 of the stats 31 IV unless you have one of the glitched code Diancies. Diancies are all either mixed or special because they don't have a physical Fairy move aka Play Rough. So basically I would only keep that for trophy's sake, but that spread you have would actually make me cry haha :(

Finally a Legendary that I actually give two shits about

Jolly McDonald's Hoopa
31/31/31/
27/29/31

Took me about three hours to do, I'm glad that I have a good nature and good IVs to run Unbound Forme. Hyperspace Fury is absolutely hilarious. Can't wait for Volcanion.

SR'ing the Japanese event Xerneas and got a Timid.
IV's are 29/15/31/30/31/31
I've never played uber so not too sure if I should keep or not. The IV's seem great, but I don't think I've seen a Timid build before...
Not too much info on the forums here either. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

SR'ing the Japanese event Xerneas and got a Timid.
IV's are 29/15/31/30/31/31
I've never played uber so not too sure if I should keep or not. The IV's seem great, but I don't think I've seen a Timid build before...
Not too much info on the forums here either. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Honestly, since most Xerneas run Geomancy, Timid isn't needed (hell most GeoXern don't even run 252 neutral speed investment). You really want a modest nature so you get maximum power, although I guess(?) it could be used for scarf if you're into that sort of thing. Those IVs are fairly good though, so it's kind of up to you whether or not you want to keep SRing for Modest. If you have the patience to keep going, I'd say go for it.

Honestly, since most Xerneas run Geomancy, Timid isn't needed (hell most GeoXern don't even run 252 neutral speed investment). You really want a modest nature so you get maximum power, although I guess(?) it could be used for scarf if you're into that sort of thing. Those IVs are fairly good though, so it's kind of up to you whether or not you want to keep SRing for Modest. If you have the patience to keep going, I'd say go for it.
So I've decided to keep that Xerneas. Thank you for your input, Merritt
Now rolling the Yeveltal...sure enough, with my luck, another timid came along...

Timid 27/25/31/31/24/31
All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Now rolling the Yeveltal...sure enough, with my luck, another timid came along...

Timid 27/25/31/31/24/31
Toss imo. Needs higher ivs ( 28+ is a neccesity imo) and yveltal has high balk anyhow, so I'd try to maximize that btw. So in other words, toss D:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Timid 27/25/31/31/24/31
Toss. You want Rash, Impish, or Modest (Bold can work if you're ok with running a non-sucker punch bulky set) since Yveltal either wants to be able to go mixed for Sucker Punch or just wants extra power in a scarf set which is meh. Also, like Anubis said, the IVs aren't spectacular, when they're as low as 24 on a fairly key stat it actually starts to make an impact compared to 31.

Toss imo. Needs higher ivs ( 28+ is a neccesity imo) and yveltal has high balk anyhow, so I'd try to maximize that btw. So in other words, toss D:
Toss. You want Rash, Impish, or Modest (Bold can work if you're ok with running a non-sucker punch bulky set) since Yveltal either wants to be able to go mixed for Sucker Punch or just wants extra power in a scarf set which is meh. Also, like Anubis said, the IVs aren't spectacular, when they're as low as 24 on a fairly key stat it actually starts to make an impact compared to 31.
Thank you Death God Anubis and Merritt .
Speaking of Bold, I just cracked one...

Bold 31/6/31/24/31/31
If I keep this, it would go with stuff like Foul Play/Roost/Toxic/Taunt, correct?
I saw mentions of Heat Wave somewhere too...but is it worth it to include? Especially with special attack at 24...

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
heat wave is for more offensively inclined Yveltal, that Yveltal looks about as close to perfect as you can get for the defensive wall set.

Thank you PoMMan and CyberWolf for the info!
So I started rolling my second Yveltal...and it turned out like this...is there anything it really needs to outspeed but can't due to the speed IV..?
So hard to decide... =/

Modest 31/25/31/31/31/25

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank you PoMMan and CyberWolf for the info!
So I started rolling my second Yveltal...and it turned out like this...is there anything it really needs to outspeed but can't due to the speed IV..?
So hard to decide... =/

Modest 31/25/31/31/31/25
If you're okay with Modest (basically means you can't use Sucker Punch + your U-turns are weaker), this should be fine. Yveltal doesn't really run max speed on any of its sets. For example, the [analysis=Yveltal]analysis[/analysis] spread for Scarf Yveltal runs 224 Speed, which you can reach the exact same speed stat 248 Speed EVs instead, just taking a bit out of another stat.

I've been soft reseting for a decent IV naive rayquaza. Right now I have one at 30-31/27-28/30-31/30-31/17-18/30-31. Should I toss it or keep it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)