Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Deoxys: Sassy 31/4/31/31/31/25

Between this being the first one, Synchronize failing, and those IVs, I have no idea what this is or if I should keep or not. I'm thinking I should toss it.

Edit: Tossed. This thread takes too long for responses.
You were right to toss, no Ubers viable Deoxys uses Sassy. When trying to get a competitive Deoxys, you need to decide what Deoxys forme you want.

If you want Deo-S, you want Timid with a 31 Speed IV at the very minimum. Good HP IVs and defensive IVs are great too, but the Speed absolutely has to be 31. Offenses aren't so important as Deo-S rarely runs offensive moves.

Deo-A will usually have Naive or Rash, mostly Naive and you should aim for the 31 IV stats to be offenses and Speed. The other IVs are largely insignificant due to its terrible bulk.

Deoxys base is unviable in Ubers, as is Deoxys-D.

Good thing I got Powersaves and this time I uploaded the save on my computer, but I decided to keep this. I know Modest is not really the best nature, but SRing this is a real pain and in the end, I thought it is worth it as a special Rayquaza. Plus, again, I uploaded the save onto my computer, so I can always go back to it. I have an Adamant Shiny 27/30/29/29/30/31 Ray that I RNGed from Ruby Version which has a lot of sentimental value to me and basically outclasses this event in my opinion. I also have a lot of other Rayquazas and I don't play official tournaments, don't have time.

Modest 30/x/31/30/31/31

Hoopa - Naughty
23,24/31/31/31/31/31

Keep or toss for Unbound? How will -spdef +atk affect me compared to hasty?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hoopa - Naughty
23,24/31/31/31/31/31

Keep or toss for Unbound? How will -spdef +atk affect me compared to hasty?
Toss imo. While Hoopa-U isn't really viable in Ubers, in OU one of the best sets is mixed, so you want a high attack EV.

The issue with the nature is that without +spe you can't outspeed some of the slower offensive threats in OU. Also -def doesn't matter too much considering how bad Hoopa-U's physical defense is, but losing special defense is an issue because Hoopa can actually take some hits off of that, even very strong ones like LO Latios Draco Meteor.

Freeroamer

Youd prefer Naive over Hasty for priority but honestly those IVs are excellent and on a mixed Ray set, the reduced Def probably wouldn't matter that much. On account of the extremely low probability of getting a better one, I'd say keep and use it for a mixed set.

31/31/27-28/30/31/31 on a Hasty Hoopa-U, I'm assuming this is a definite keeper right? With the base def being garbage I'm kind of ecstatic that's the least perfect one, my only concern is whether that 1 iv in sp.atk might actually matter when dealing with such a high stat. Overall I'm super hyped rn.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
31/31/27-28/30/31/31 on a Hasty Hoopa-U, I'm assuming this is a definite keeper right? With the base def being garbage I'm kind of ecstatic that's the least perfect one, my only concern is whether that 1 iv in sp.atk might actually matter when dealing with such a high stat. Overall I'm super hyped rn.
That is very much a keeper. A single Special Attack IV means a different of literally 1 spa. Right nature, very good IVs, and even the defense IV isn't bad. If you throw that away you're a monster.

That is very much a keeper. A single Special Attack IV means a different of literally 1 spa. Right nature, very good IVs, and even the defense IV isn't bad. If you throw that away you're a monster.
It's saved and being EV trained currently to be a specially based mixed scarfer. I can't believe my luck (was Hoopa no.4 - I had absolute hell getting a semi decent Diancie).

Latias, for VGC (I know it's not that much used, but still) - Timid 31/2/31/31/31/30

I kept, because there's no way to be sure of its speed IV until level 51, what makes me believe that the difference (if it exists) is not that important. Did I do it correctly?

Latias, for VGC (I know it's not that much used, but still) - Timid 31/2/31/31/31/30

I kept, because there's no way to be sure of its speed IV until level 51, what makes me believe that the difference (if it exists) is not that important. Did I do it correctly?
Oh, the level 30 storyline Latias? There is a way. I tried this a while ago and I think I remember correctly. Use super training/ core training/ vitamins to boost a stat by 12 EVs, which, if the IV is 31, should boost the stat by 1 point. So for you, just do it for speed since you seem to have confirmed the other IVs. If it stays the same, then you know it's 30 IV.

Oh, the level 30 storyline Latias? There is a way. I tried this a while ago and I think I remember correctly. Use super training/ core training/ vitamins to boost a stat by 12 EVs, which, if the IV is 31, should boost the stat by 1 point. So for you, just do it for speed since you seem to have confirmed the other IVs. If it stays the same, then you know it's 30 IV.
It is 30 IVs in Speed. I traded it to my OR, to level it up with the Rare Candies I'd gotten through the Global Link. And as most of the EV spreads I found are not meant to have it with top speed, I can balance it, taking some IVs from SAtk and giving to Speed to compensate, since she's more of a supporter.

It is 30 IVs in Speed. I traded it to my OR, to level it up with the Rare Candies I'd gotten through the Global Link. And as most of the EV spreads I found are not meant to have it with top speed, I can balance it, taking some IVs from SAtk and giving to Speed to compensate, since she's more of a supporter.
Yeah! It's pretty much perfect otherwise. That low attack is on point! :)

Hello everybody,

What do you think about this Trick Room spread Diancie?

HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 23
SpD: 31
Speed: 6 - 7

EDIT: And does anybody know how to check its Defense stat without saving and with methods which can be deleted again? :)

Hello everybody,

What do you think about this Trick Room spread Diancie?

HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 23
SpD: 31
Speed: 6 - 7

EDIT: And does anybody know how to check its Defense stat without saving and with methods which can be deleted again? :)
Not bad, depending on if you have a -speed nature. And since Diancie comes at level 50, I've always found it quickest to have a few Rare Candies on hand. I mean you could add a few EVs and then delete them, but unless you're looking to keep the Diancie rather than checking IVs, there's no point since you have no way of controlling the nature that you get. In my opinion, it's much slower (when you come across a nature and stat spread that you might want to keep) to go through adding an exact number of EVs to a stat to see if the stat will go up by 1 point (it would be 8 EVs to do that at level 50), when you could just pop a few Rare Candies and compare the stat changes in an IV calculator (it doesn't take many since it is already level 50). I mean if you don't want to level it, that's a different story, but it's a pain to reset as it is with the random nature every time.

Are they in any particular order? I feel like everyone has done adamant so is relaxed my second best option?
Relaxed is when you are running a defensive set with Lava Plume or some other special fire-type move, Impish is when you are purely physical.
Groudon is already pretty slow though, so just go for Relaxed over Impish.

Careful allows Groudon to take on Xerneas and Kyogre better, but is not as commonly used as +Def natures.

Mild is for mixed offensive

Thundurus 31/31/31/31/31/30 - HP Ice - bold.

After three days, I got this one. I wanted one with a bad attack IV, but have no more patience, and I think I'd be a fool if I ignored this one.

Freeroamer

iirc at level 50 a maximum invested 30 IV stat reaches the same value as a 31 IV would. Don't quote me on that, but as long as you're still faster than latis it doesn't matter much, so keep keep keep.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Thundurus 31/31/31/31/31/30 - HP Ice - bold.

After three days, I got this one. I wanted one with a bad attack IV, but have no more patience, and I think I'd be a fool if I ignored this one.
Absolutely only reason I can think of to reset that is because it's bold, so you can't really do offensive Thundy. It should work fine for a support set though.

Fantastic reset, keep. Its a perfect one for VGC as far as I know, as the speed doesn't matter often. Don't wait no longer and just save.
Absolutely only reason I can think of to reset that is because it's bold, so you can't really do offensive Thundy. It should work fine for a support set though.
Yeah, thanks. I was looking for bold, to have a support one for VGC.

Also, I got a Rayquaza, 30/31/31/31/31/22 Naive. Is there any way it can be useful, or should I keep SRing? I don't know how Ray is used, and I really don't intend to play anything other than vgc, but as there was a time when cover legends were allowed, and there are some online tournaments with them, so I was thinking about doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)